Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

It's still technically morning, so good morning everyone! I have an administrative question to ask: I have two hats that I started earlier. Do they cound towards my total, or should I just count NEW hats?

Thanks. Enjoy your crocheting! I have my little corner all set up with everything I could possibly want, and my awesome DH took the kids out of the house. I hope to get some good :crocheting done!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:snow Well it is official we are snowed in... :2snow All of the free ways in and out of here are closed at least for now. I went to the grocery store this morning and picked up a couple things and have about 3 inches of snow on my truck again...

I am going to sit in my craft room and watch the fire and crochet... :hook

It's still technically morning, so good morning everyone! I have an administrative question to ask: I have two hats that I started earlier. Do they cound towards my total, or should I just count NEW hats?

Thanks. Enjoy your crocheting! I have my little corner all set up with everything I could possibly want, and my awesome DH took the kids out of the house. I hope to get some good :crocheting done!

If the hats are going into the box count them.... :devil:devil:devil I would love to have DH take the kids out of the house but... as I said earlier we are under about a foot of snow.... :2snow

The picture is of our neighbors prius. And the snow is still comming down... This is our back yard and wood pile. There is about 18 inches of it. I wish it would go away.

post-19553-135897489309_thumb.jpg

:2snow:snow:2snow:snow

I hope every one is doing good!!!

Wow Dorothy-- you sure are getting snow- that looks like here last Saturday!!! Be safe and keep warm! Thanks for the hat pattern.

Beth- your hats are great!!! What pattern are you using? I love the colors you chose. How's your back feeling? I'm finishing up another scarf- I made one for DD and figured I'd make one for her roomie for when I go up to Boston to visit in Mid-January. I need to finish DH's flannelghan, but figure I can get another hat done tomorrow too! Then who knows, working 12 days straight after that!

Joanne, the hat with ridges is based on this pattern:http://www.crochetme.com/baby-derby-hat

The other hat is a simple spiral in hdc:

make a "magic ring." ch2 8hdc in the ring. Tighten the ring. Do not join. Put 2 hdc in each of the 8 original hdc. Do not join.

Put 1 hdc in next stitch, 2 hdc in next stitch around. Do not join.

Put 1 hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch around. Do not join.

Follow the pattern with 1 more hdc in each repeat until it's wide enough, then put 1 hdc in each stitch until it is deep enough. Tie off. I ended with 2 rows of sc mostly to finish off the skein. And this is why I don't write patterns.

The multi-colored yarn I'm using is Moda Dea Sassy Stripes "crayon." I have a lot of that, so there will plenty of hats in that color combination, but with different patterns, they will all look different.

This is fun. I want to get back to work!!!

I finished a scarf for my DD's roomie. I figured I could whip up a small beanie with a bit of yarn I had left over from a hat and scarf set I made for a Christmas gift. So here is a small beanie for the hat box! Have a great evening everyone!

post-27163-135897489379_thumb.jpg

I am working on hat 22 right now... Being snowed in has its advantages I guess. I found out that their are 90- 100 babies born in our hospital a month... All I can say is thank goodness it is not me. I am not a very happy preggy person. but I do love babies.:blush

Joanne your hat looks great!

Hi everyone! I've been thinking of jumping in...so here I am. I am participating in the NICU Blankets for Christmas, so I will continue making blankets and hopefully a hat to go with it..although my hat making skills are pretty slim...

Jamie

Wow Dorothy- being snowed in really had your hook on fire!! Great hats! So colorful! I think I can make a bunch more of the small ones- was amazed how quickly they go. I've always made adult hats and even though they go quick, the small ones are even quicker! And a great way to use up left over yarn!

Archived