Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basjordan, I have times like that, too. Sometimes I crochet a great a deal, sometimes a bit, sometimes not at all.

I've got a nice pile of scarves ready to be delivered. Am taking a break from making more scarves for the shelter and working on other things now.

Hi everyone- hope everyone in the east survived "snowmageddon". We got about 10 inches here in Central NJ. I finished the afghan I was working on and then started another for stepgrandaughters birthday. Once that is done, I'll be back to making some hats.

Glad I have until December to get 50 hats done!!!

imanurse stay warm and safe with all that snow is your area expecting more this weekend?

dorothy good luck on your job. maybe we can catch up to you a little

pineknott congats on scarf #5

basjordan congrats on 12 hats

gran what are your other projects crochet or another craft?

I've been making heart doilies lately for valentine gifts thread is easier on my arm right now too

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted much lately so thought I would catch up with everyone. We have had snow a couple of times here in Nashville. The first snow was weekend before last and we had about 8 inches. This past weekend we only got about 2 inches and its all gone now. But boy has it been cold. I have been wearing a couple of layer of clothes. Also been wearing a big robe over everything. I got it on sale a couple of years ago just to wear over my clothes in the winter time so I bought it one size larger than what I normally would have bought. You would think I would have all kinds of hats and scarves made but I don't. I have had a scarf done for a few days and started a matching hat. But I was tweaking the pattern I was following and ended up I didn't like what I came up with so frogged most of it. I went back to following the pattern exactly except I added an extra row using a shell stitch to give it a ruffle look. I like it. I have started a new hat this time for a baby but I am using a different pattern so it will take me longer. Then I need to finish a wedding present - an afghan. The wedding was January 9th. I hope I have it done by the first anniversary. HaHaHa. Will drop in again real soon.

Good morning !!!! I haven't had much time at the ville lately, Between work and trying to get a quilt finished that a friend of our wanted for his wife for Christmas. My sewing machine quit working in the middle of it so I had to have it fixed. Well I got the quilt done yesterday and now I have to get ready for work. So I figured that I would show you all what has kept me so busy....

post-19553-135897505834_thumb.jpg

Oh my Dorothy, that quilt is gorgeous. Your friend's wife will love it and what a loving present from a husband. Your quilting is outstanding. :ty for sharing it with us.

I am just about finished with my hat for a baby. The pattern I was following worked up faster than I expected. It's all done except for closing the top. Actually I have put a running stitch through the top and have pulled it tight and tied it off. But I think I will put some overcast stitches on it to keep the opening closed completely. Than on to a new hat or maybe a scarf. I'm thinking a child's size scarf which I should be able to make faster than my adult scarf. I will drop in again real soon.

Delivered a large bag of scarves for a shelter this last week. I can feel spring cleaning and gardening coming on, so am changing directions. Thinking of you all in this thread helped me to be able to give several dozen scarves to those who could use a touch of love and care. Thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ladies!!! How are you today? It has been a while since I have been here! Work has been crazy! I called the hospitla and took the hats that I have done to them and they told me that they didn't need any more. So I have been calling around to see if the pregnancy center, schools, or any other place I can think of needs hats. So far every one has said that they are doing good with them and don't have a need for them. So I called the local food bank and they would like dish cloths to give out in the baskets they distribute. I will still try to get 365 things done for charity but I have no clue what they will be at this time... I hope you are all doing well.

Hello everyone, this is tnkycrochetnut checking in. Let's see, I have a scarf for an adult finished, made a matching hat, a child's scarf made and am working on a matching hat. I've made two hats for babies but I am afraid they are too small. They probably would fit a baby doll but not a baby. I am going to give them to my church's clothes closet anyway. Oh, yes I have one hat finished (except I need to trim my ends) for an older child. I used small amounts of leftover yarn on this one, two shades of blue and a gold color. It's quite attractive if I may say so myself. Oh, before I forget someone gave a member of our church a bag of yarn to put in our clothes closet. This member decided to give it to me instead. I didn't count how many skeins but I guess there is about 12. Most of them are Caron Simply Soft and in the prettiest colors. Deep colors like autumn red, burgandy, country blue, dark sage, a deep purple, and some other ones. They are all colors that I think either a man or a woman would like. Boy am I going to have fun working these up into hats and scarves. Will drop in again real soon but not sure what I will have done. Still need to finish the afghan for a wedding present and I also have a request from someone for a prayer shawl. Its for the same woman at my church who gave me the yarn. I may put my hats and scarves aside for awhile to finish these items. Especially the afghan before the weather turns hot. Hope everyone is doing okay and will gab at you later.

How is everybody doing? I am a few stitches away from finishing hat #16. I have enough of that striped yarn to make about 2 more hats, then I get to switch to something else. It will be nice to use a thicker yarn. It will go faster!!!

Wow Beth- you are sure moving along on the hats! WTG!

I think I should make another one as soon as I finish this tote I'm working on- or I'm going to find myself in December with about 40 hats to make!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember you saying we could count any hats that are added to our box, so I'm increasing my count by 2. A friend knows I crochet hats for charity, and had a couple her daughter made, but can't wear, so she passed them along.

This brings me up to 20!!! Almost half way there!!!

Archived