Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on # 21!!! I think I am going to call Denver childrens hospital today and see if they need hats. I have to go to Denver several times this year so I shold be able to just take them down when I go.

:hook Good Morning All!!!! I did 10 more hats yesterday. I will take their picture after the ends are weaved and I have a few min. I am taking my bow of yarn with me to work this weekend so when my client is sleeping I can work on more. It was supposed to be my weekend off but SUPRISE... Some one called in already. :yarn:crocheting That will be me this weekend I hope! Have a great weekend!!

• 3 weeks later...

So, everyone, what's up? I've been out of the loop for a while. I did manage to get two hats almost done -- won't add them to my total until I work in that last end for each of them. My dad had to go to the emergency room, and I had my hats with me, so I worked on them while we waited, and waited, and waited, and ....

He's fine now.

Beth I am glad that your dad is better now.

I have been working a lot. And going to the Dr. for Taylor, we found out what is wrong with her finally. She separated the pectoral muscle from the bone. That is what has been causing such horrible pain for her and they are expecting it to take about 3 more months to heal all the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow Beth! You are sure doing great on the hats! I've been a slacker as far as the hats go. I'm too busy working and when I'm home, I've been making afghans and potholders! Have to get back into these hats!!!

Dorothy- Glad to hear that they figured out whats wrong with Taylor! Hope she feels better each day!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been so busy between work and the kids being out of school that I have not worked on any hats.:blush

Denver Childrens hospital called me last week to let me know that they are running out of hats. So I am getting out hat stuff again. I will be taking them to work at night. I am hoping to get caught up to where I should be I think i figured that I should have about 180 hats soon :think. wish me luck!

Great job on the new hats have finished Beth!

I finished another one in the wee hours this morning when I couldn't sleep. Here's a pic of the most recent 2, which I think turned out particularly cute. I need to make some manly hats next.

post-16396-135897546227_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finished a hat I started a long time ago. Caron gave out sample skeins of Spa or Country -- this one is Spa. I would never buy this color. It's a great hat to give away. My count is now 32. Eighteen to go!

Archived