Ugly But Warm Hat: Dot Matthews (bythehook)

bythehook

Ugly But Warm Hat

© 12/28/04 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-13589747894_thumb.jpg

Materials:

M Hook

2 strands ww yarn (weight = 4 - medium) held together, approximately 340 yds (170 yds each strand)

ROW 1: ch 3, 11 dc in first ch. Join in first dc. (12 dc counting first 2 chains as a st)

ROW 2: ch 2, 2 dc in same st as join, 2 dc in each st around, 1 dc in same space as the ch 2, join in first dc. (24 dc)

ROW 3: ch 2, 2 dc in same st as join, (1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) around. join in first dc. (36 dc)

ROWS 4 thru 11: ch 2, 1 dc in ea st around, join in first dc. (36 dc)

ROW 12: ch 1, sc in ea st around, join in first sc. (36 sc)

Fasten off and weave in ends.

Thanks for your pattern and sharing your talent with us. I went to your blog and the pictures arn't showing up as it says account inactive for 90 days from photobucket. Didn't know if you know that.

Thanks for your pattern and sharing your talent with us. I went to your blog and the pictures arn't showing up as it says account inactive for 90 days from photobucket. Didn't know if you know that.

We're hosting Dot's patterns here at Crochetville because Dot isn't able to devote the time she needs to maintain her photobucket/blog accounts. It will take us some time to get them all posted, but you'll eventually be able to find all Dot's patterns, complete with pictures, here at Crochetville.

I have made this hat so many times! It's great for charity, great for keeping one or two for myself, just wonderful! It uses up scrap yarn, and the pattern is easy, easy, easy! The best part? I'm a slowwww crocheter and I can do this hat in about 35-45 minutes. Can you tell I like this pattern?

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, I don't think it can happen, the more we do - the more we wanna do!!!! The more patterns we get, the more patterns we want. It's an addiction but I don't wanna be cured. ROFL

I just copied the pattern (by hand, as my printer is out of ink) and I'm going to make one tomorrow while waiting at the doctor's office. heck, I may make two. I LOVE this pattern!

Thank you so much!! I have been searching high and low for a hat to make for a friend's daughter who is in college in the panhandle and is begging for warm hats!!! This looks great and easy!

It is very fast to work up and very easy. I made two yesterday, one while sitting at the doctor's office while my friend waited to be seen. I gave her one of them and she loves it. I highly recommend this pattern. Easy enough for a beginner but turns out so nice that even experienced crocheters will love it.

• 3 weeks later...

ahh i love this hat i saw it just a little bit ago and decided to make it right after i saw it, it took me less than an hour, but i didn't have an m hook i only had an n hook so i decided to do 7 rows instead of 8. I also added a crocheted posy which just really added too it. ugly hat? no way, more like awesome hat!!! this is really good for a beginner ( Well i've been crocheting for a bit more than a year but yea still a great beginner project)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I just wanted to say that I worked up this hat last night for my husband. I had been trying to do him a hat for a while, without success. Probably due to my being new to the craft. ;) However, after ripping out another pattern three times I was ready for something different. I finished after about two hours, but I'm sure a more experienced person would be quicker. It worked up well and fit my husband great after adding three rows to the end so that it would cover his ears. Hubby was happy= I was happy. Thanks for the lovely pattern!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived