2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I told you guys that I would be posting early. I hope I got everyone who posted.

Congratulations to everyone. It's been a wonderful week of stashbusting.:cheer

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my positive didn't last long, but then I knew it wasn't going to. Went to JoAnn's after church and bought some of the yarn I need for Christmas - 10 skeins of super bulky. I still need to get blue, gold and green, so may be further in the negative this week if I can get to Michels and Pat Catan's to search their racks, but for now am starting the week at -20

I finished up a skein, but ran out before project was done. So off to HL to get more in the morning. :)

:manyheart

great week everyone. I am hoping to bust more yarn this week. Don't know what all I will work on, but have several things going and need to really get at least one thing finished this week.

well made 3 balls out of a skein of yarn too long of an explanation to go into because the yarn always seems to ravel when I'm trying to wind the yarn with my yarn winder so in the end I have to cut an end of it to unravel it to make completely different balls of yarn. I hate when the yarn gets tangled when you are using the yarn winder.

I did need to buy one skein. And I lucked out. They had two skeins left of the ILTY in the color I was using, and it's the same dye lot. How lucky! I was making the second sleeve and ran out. I was lucky I went to HL today and found the exact yarn I needed.

:manyheart

I used a ball and rolled a skein down (+2) :cheer. I finished 7 Christmas stockings and 10 wreath pins. I went to Michaels to exchange something and I bought 1 skein of white :yarn (-2). I found a few stuffed spiders left from last Halloween, and decided to make some ghosts (hence the white :yarn). I should really get my holidays in order, or I won't have the right things to sell. I guess breaking even is better than minus :lol

WTD: 0 YTD: + 102

Ellie 13

well yesterday bought 2 skeins of yarn -4 but today I used up 2 balls of yarn and rolled 2 different skeins into a ball again that stupid yarn keeps getting tangled as I'm trying to roll it into a ball with my yarn winder. So that's why it is two balls of yarn instead of one big ball of yarn.

I finished 3 scarves for the Special Olympics, but still haven't come to the end of skeins. I'll be working on them again this afternoon, but there is still a lot left, so am going to suck it up and stick with my current score:

WTD -20 YTD -19

Well, I'm using Darcy's method of just counting full skeins this year (unless it's a partial cake from SweetPeas65), so even though I used up 2 half skeins this week, I'm not going to count them yet. But i did finish up two of SweetPea's cakes on Sunday finishing off a blanket, so at least I'm still making a tortoise-paced attack on my stash. I'm going to post my monthly score, to, in case we total that score up this weekend.

score for week 08/28/10 = +2

YTD: +105

Archived