2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't posted for the last couple of weeks, but there were no changes. The good news is, I did some crocheting with my own stash yarn this week! The bad news is, I didn't use enough to gain any points.

WTD 0

YTD +42

Did I miss it two weeks in a row. Yesterday I went shopping with my mom and daughter at the outlet malls in St Augustine (1 1/2 hours north of me). Totally forgot to even get on the puter.

WTD +3 YTD -11

Shoot the moon, here I come!!! WTD -34, YTD -10

It sure looks like you get the award this week!:) Have fun playing in your new yarn.

:manyheart

Here's my score for the week:

WTD +9

YTD -49

Off to tally up the weeks scores!

lhapsaapsolady +16 ~ Gold Medal

Braxxi +9 ~ Silver Medal

CLLinda +7 ~ Bronze Medal

marzee +5

quietheart +4

Stephanie +4

Lady Rebel +3

pineknott +3

walker 1021 +3

DesertCrocheter +2

Ellie 13 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +0

dragonpuck +0

fc1123 +0

gshall +0

MouseCLP +0

yarn geek -8

basjordan -34 ~ Shoot the Moon

Here are the YTD scores as of July 31st...

Triple digit - gold medal club!

+246 lhapsaapsolady - first place

+210 dragonpuck - second place

+159 quietheart - third place

+119 pineknott - fourth place

+100 DesertCrocheter - fifth place

Double-digit Silver medal club!

+92 Ellie 13

+42 MouseCLP

+31 PBLKNP

Single-digit bronze medal club!

+4 CLLinda

+4 marzee

Mini-minus honorable mention club...

-1 gshall

-3 Lady Rebel

-4 Stephanie

Double-Digit minus yarn is fun club

-10 basjordan

-11 walker 1021

-41 BigPinkPolkaDot

-49 Braxxi

-69 fc1123

On a plane by herself -- our awesome bargain finder and yarn addict... SHOOT THE MOON!!! - yarn geek, -233 -- I still want to come play at your house!

Braxxi, great job with the stashbusting scorekeeping! And congrats to all our medal winners. I am deeply honored to receive the shoot the moon award. I'd like to thank my husband, whose employment and generosity makes my yarn addiction possible, and Mother Mary, for teaching me to crochet. I'll tabulate scores early on Sunday, so post by midnight on Saturday!

well. I have not posted for the last 2 weeks. We have been on vacation since July 23rd. I did finish a skein on the 23rd while waiting on mom's angiogram. Will add that to this coming weeks score.

An update on my mom and the cancer surgery...... Mom's pre-op physical showed some trouble in her EKG.. The stress test the next day was worrisome as well. She had an angiogram on the 23rd which was the day she was to have the cancer surgery. Angio showed some calcium deposits but no blockage. She will have to up the cholesterol (sp) meds. The cancer surgery is now scheduled for August 13th.

Braxxi, great job with the stashbusting scorekeeping! And congrats to all our medal winners. I am deeply honored to receive the shoot the moon award. I'd like to thank my husband, whose employment and generosity makes my yarn addiction possible, and Mother Mary, for teaching me to crochet. I'll tabulate scores early on Sunday, so post by midnight on Saturday!

Congratulations on Shoot the Moon! Love your acceptance speech!

I had a really good week stashbusting. I used up 7 points of yarn, and finished my Christening Gown that I'm making for the County Fair, that's due at 12:00 noon on Monday.

Linda, Be sure to let us know how the Christening Gown fares at the fair! :cheer

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +5/YTD: +4 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +4

Obviously didn't even pick up a hook. I've really been a slacker this summer. Things will pick up when it starts raining again.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +4 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Archived