2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Just finished up another skein of yarn on this baby blanket. Woo Hoo. I do not plan on buying any yarn this week. I really hope that I will keep my score positive this week!!!LOL

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on an afghan, but I'm using 1-pounder skeins, so it is going to take forever to finish one of them! Maybe I'll switch to a mesh shopping bag also in progress - it's made from those little Sugar 'n' Cream balls. I'd like to start out with a positive...

I used up a skein today, so I'm at 0. Now I won't get the special " Shoot the Moon" award. I'm trying to be careful.

Unless some yarn keeps calling my name from the HL as I drive by after my workout.

This sometimes happens!:lol

:manyheart

Does your car have auto-pilot that turns into the HL parking lot when you get close? I wish I had a HL nearby! I ordered some yarn from there, so I could try ILTY and ILTC. I've heard such good things about them... What do you think?

Does your car have auto-pilot that turns into the HL parking lot when you get close? I wish I had a HL nearby! I ordered some yarn from there, so I could try ILTY and ILTC. I've heard such good things about them... What do you think?

Yes, sometimes the car automatically turns right into the parking lot. The yarn is screaming my name and I just have to rescue the skeins, especially if the yarn is in the clearance bins. :lolI just can't leave them sitting there, all sad because they don't have a home.:lol

Our HL took over an old Venture Discount store, so it's been there probably 10+ years. I love when they put the hooks on sale. It used to be half off, but now it's 40% off on hooks. I have quite a collection because of this.

I ordered 3 skeins and recieved them, they were discontinued yarn :> I hate when that happens. So I was -6, but I made up 8 ditty bags for gift bags for Christmas, and a loofah, so that took up 3 other skeins, so im doing so far so good.

My yarn came in! We don't have a local Hobby Lobby, so I ordered some ILTY and I love this cotton on-line, since I've heard such great things about them. I am so impressed with the way the cotton feels. The ILTY is wrapped in plastic, and I'm leaving it alone for now. Any way, 7 skeins came in, but I used a skein and a ball on my hats, so I'm at -11 for my WTD, and +4 for my YTD.

Don't forget to post YTD's this week!

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -28 / YTD: -3

Beth, I won't be able to do the accounting, since this is my work computer and I won't be anywhere near it from Friday until Monday morning (I work Monday-Thursday). And even then, they don't take kindly to my using it for personal use during working hours (lunch time is free). I hope you can arrange to have it done. Thank you.

My friend gave me 14 skeins and 2 balls of yarn this past Friday night.

-30. Arrg! :eek

Mostly nice stuff, but ,without my knowing, she tucked in one skein of ugly green yarn (dark olive). Seems like there is one in every batch of yarn I get. I would offer it here, but I am low on cash to spend, so I will just take it to some resale store. Sorry Jain (if you are still around).

I did manage to finish off a black Pounder on the edging of my charity blanket, a 4' X 6' rectangular granny. +2 It's finally done! Worked on and off since October... It was a great stash buster. Looks like I'll have to do it again.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -28/YTD: -3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -28 / YTD: -

My friend gave me 14 skeins and 2 balls of yarn this past Friday night.

-30. Arrg! :eek

Mostly nice stuff, but ,without my knowing, she tucked in one skein of ugly green yarn (dark olive). Seems like there is one in every batch of yarn I get. I would offer it here, but I am low on cash to spend, so I will just take it to some resale store. Sorry Jain (if you are still around).

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Try using the green with another color at the same time. Sometimes a bright color with a drab color will make it work out better. Make a hat for charity out of it. Someone who will be warm really won't care what color it is.

Good luck. And enjoy the yarn.

I forgot to mention the other night that about 4 days ago I used up one skein of yarn for a grand total for this week of +4. My mind is on other things.

Beth, I won't be able to do the accounting, since this is my work computer and I won't be anywhere near it from Friday until Monday morning (I work Monday-Thursday). And even then, they don't take kindly to my using it for personal use during working hours (lunch time is free). I hope you can arrange to have it done. Thank you.

-Marzee

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

If you get shoot the moon, I will post scores for you. Thanks for the warning!:hug

Okay, I'm putting in my totals now, so I won't forget...

I managed to use up another skein this week, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +25

I gave away a ball of hot pink yarn to the little girl I babysit for. So one more point this week. Not much time to work on projects. Too busy now catching up on the laundry, because of the machine breaking down.

I'm working really hard to finish this skein of yarn. I really need the points.

I finished up the yarn I was using so that gives me two more points.My computer won't let me change the color of the print or make it a different color. I don't know what's going on.Here's my score. I know it's too small, but I don't know how to fix the glitch right now.**********************************************WTD=+3 YTD=+22***************************************************

I didn't get here all week. My garden is looking great :clap, but since I didn't :crocheting much, my score is 0 :(.

I have a pattern for a stuffed turtle that olive green with a lighter green would be perfect for.

We had a UFO's (unfinished objects) CAL once in '07 or '08 :think. Maybe we should do it again.

WTD: 0 YTD: + 71

Ellie 13

I think I am in the running for the Shoot the Moon award this week. :( I was able to use up 1 ball and 4 skeins, BUT.....I bought 10 skeins earlier in the week (thanks TurtleLvr!!!)

WTD = -11 YTD = -19

I promise to try and do better. I REALLY do promise!!! :rofl

Archived