Sand & Sea Purse

ctawq

I got to test this purse for Turtlelvr. It worked up very quickly, even when I was distracted by the Texas/OU game :lol. I chose more fall-like colors. Then found some scrap fabric at work to line it with. I will be making more for gifts, that's for sure. Thanks Sue. :manyheart

post-22215-135897466011_thumb.jpg

:mug:cat:yarn

post-22215-135897466002_thumb.jpg

Your test-work turned out beautifully, Carrie!!! Great color choice with your rich autumn shades, and I like how your pocketed lining turned out, too. Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Sue, keep up the creative designing -I love your totes!

Your test-work turned out beautifully, Carrie!!! Great color choice with your rich autumn shades, and I like how your pocketed lining turned out, too. Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Sue, keep up the creative designing -I love your totes!

Thanks Jeannej. I like the lining better as purse lining than as the drapes I had to make it in originally. The fabric is an upholstery weight with backing also, UGH :( my fingers were so sore after the sewing the drapes. I sew all the hems in my drapes by hand and even some of the tops too, so upholstery weight fabric is majorly not fun. :lol

Thanks Jeannej. I like the lining better as purse lining than as the drapes I had to make it in originally. The fabric is an upholstery weight with backing also, UGH :( my fingers were so sore after the sewing the drapes. I sew all the hems in my drapes by hand and even some of the tops too, so upholstery weight fabric is majorly not fun. :lol

I thought it looked to be a 'sturdy' fabric from your photo, Carrie, but *Ouch*, I can understand the toll a larger drapery project must take on your fingers! It looks to lend a nice 'heft' and body to your purse and I'm definitely going to consider something similar the next time I make one. Thanks for the inspiration!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived