Round Ripple

Well I have a question for all of you that have made a round ripple What size hook have you used I want to make a round ripple and I have Aggie May's pattern just curious of to what size hook I would use

For me it depends on what type of yarn I am using as well as the overall look I am going for. For baby yarn I generally use a "g" hook. Worsted h-j depending on the brand of yarn. More than one strand or chunky yarn j-n. Don't know if that is helpful or not but it is the way I work,lol.

I have used worsted weight yarn and an "H" hook. I think that makes the gauge just right. I may have used a "G" hook with some sport weight yarn I used up but I don't quite remember. The Yarn I've used most is the "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby! Nice and soft!

I tend to usually use and "I" hook. Remember the bigger the hook, the faster it will go. I tried to do one with a "G" before and gave up! It took way too long!

it does take longer with a g, but I like the way a g works up with baby yarn (an baby ghans aren't that big so doesn't take all that long),lol

I use mostly I hook or sometimes a H hook it really depends how comfortable you are making the pattern and how tight or loose you crochet or type of yarn. Good luck you will have fun making that ripple very easy to do.

Caron simply soft (NOT ECO)-5.5mm bates

Vanna's Choice Baby-6.5mm (boye hook...works for me like something between a bates 6 and 6.5mm)

Lion Poud of LOVE-5mm bates

It really depends on the yarn. You don't want it too tight or too loose. try out 4 or so rounds, usually by then you can tell if it will hold its shape, yet have a nice drape. Hope this helps.

I agree it all depends on your yarn and the look you want. I have made around a dozen or more of these and usually I use an I,except when I used Red Heart Collage then I used an H. Good luck with your RR! :)

Archived