Wrapped in Crochet - Guinevere Shawl is Done!

mason204

Hi all:

I finished this shawl in the summer but just couldn't find the time to post photos. This was such an enjoyable crochet project, I'd love to make another. It was fairly quick too, considering how complex it looks.

The side panels took just one evening each. The border across the bottom took the longest but was never tedious crochet. My eyesight isn't the best and I loved the fact that I didn't have to "peer" into each stitch to put the crochet hook.

Great pattern.

post-65-135897461507_thumb.jpg

post-65-135897461513_thumb.jpg

post-65-135897461516_thumb.jpg

It turned out beautifully, Cheryl! Love the design; it drapes so nicely. Very well done! What yarn did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone.

I found the pattern in Wrapped in Crochet. It calls for quite a bit of yarn but I found some Crystal Palace Kid Merino on sale at my LYS for $3.99 a ball. Yes, the middle part is broomstick lace. It probably took me the longest - a few days to work it. At first it was a little tricky working broomstick lace with a mohair-type yarn but once I got the hang of it, the project moved along quickly.

I particularly like the drape and the shaping. It's not the standard triangle shape but it has a nice batwing-style shape and feels custom fitted. The pattern is a lot easier than it looks.

If I find less expensive yarn than the pattern calls for, I'll make another. :hook

I just learned to do broomstick lace and i love it. I hadn't thought of combining like that yet, though. very pretty job.

Sandy

Thanks everyone.

I found the pattern in Wrapped in Crochet. It calls for quite a bit of yarn but I found some Crystal Palace Kid Merino on sale at my LYS for $3.99 a ball. Yes, the middle part is broomstick lace. It probably took me the longest - a few days to work it. At first it was a little tricky working broomstick lace with a mohair-type yarn but once I got the hang of it, the project moved along quickly.

I particularly like the drape and the shaping. It's not the standard triangle shape but it has a nice batwing-style shape and feels custom fitted. The pattern is a lot easier than it looks.

If I find less expensive yarn than the pattern calls for, I'll make another. :hook

Archived