My Seraphina is complete!

macfoo

I've just completed my first Seraphina!!! Sorry for all the exclamation points but this was such a cool awesome thing for me.

I've had a VERY bad habit of picking stuff up, starting it, and never completing it. I am the keeper of WIPs to the point I made a pledge to walk away from my yarn stash last year (sold it all at a Relay for Life yard sale) only to find myself longing to play with yarn.

Doni - thanks for the awesome pattern and AmyS the rewrite of the pattern for those of us stitch challenged were awesome and anyone/everyone else who's posted anything about shawl making or this shawl in particular!

:yay

DSC_4834

It was done in Araucania Aysen on a K hook. Very dense (which was the intention) therefore very warm (which was the request).

Now I just have to keep it a secret from my stepmom till Christmas (which is going to be the hardest part)!

Wow.. that is sooooo pretty!! Every version I see of the Seraphina shawl makes my fingers itch to try it myself (I am very much like you.. great at starting things, and never getting them finished! LOL! I've only just relearned how to knit/crochet again a few weeks ago.. so am hoping to change that very bad habit!)... but the wool you used is gorgeous.

Congrats on finishing it! :cheer:clap

Thank you all! For those who haven't given it a shot but say they wish they have

Go for it! I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult but it is truly simple once you get the pattern down. The only thing I had to keep checking on was the stitches at the increase points.

I'll probably be starting another one shortly because I can't get enough of the pattern :)

:cheer

No need to apologize for your exclamation points, Macfoo -Your wonderful accomplishment deserves so many more!!! -Kudos to you for your stick-to-itiveness, right down to the last stitch. Your shawl turned out so beautifully. Very, very well done! :yes

• 4 weeks later...

Just completed another seraphina. This was started on a whim with "pound of love" in white on an "N" hook (had it in my stash from awhile ago). It is being gifted for Christmas to a wonderful lady who's been going through some rough times. I am trying to find a poem to attach to it since it kind of looks like angel wings...

It took most of the skein. I stopped with just enough yarn let to put a slip stitch border across the top.

Would have better pictures to attach but the camera decided it wasn't going to work anymore since the battery died

post-32363-135897472284_thumb.jpg

Archived