August All Charity Weekend 8/20 - 8/25

nicolep

Patterncollector, your situation sounds stressful. Guys are so bad when they are laid up. At least IMO. They want to be waited on hand and foot, but expect us to take care of everything as usual when we are sick.

Totally true but he's going to dr tomorrow and hopefully back to work on Monday.:cheer

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I've had a bit of a curve ball thrown at me. I have two wakes tomorrow evening and two funerals on Friday. My great Aunt Jo passed away and my step grandfather. I won't be getting started until Friday evening. Life happens I suppose.

Hugs, to you, hon - pray that you'll have peace....:hug

[ATTACH]7199[/ATTACH]Started a hat for this weekend. Hope I'm posting this right--first time trying a photo....let me know if it works, please.

It came through - but the way to post is to click on the little paper clip at the top of the white message box. A window will comne up where you see"browse". Hit that, find your pic, then hit "upload". It will show up after you submit your message.

Great start for your hat, btw:cheer

[ATTACH]7199[/ATTACH]Started a hat for this weekend. Hope I'm posting this right--first time trying a photo....let me know if it works, please.

You're doing just fine!

So far I've discovered that the largest crochet hook I have with me is way too small for the yarn I was planning to use for the preemie afghans. I'll have to wait on them until I get home tomorrow. Will work on pink squares today.

Nicole, you and your family are in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

I so :manyheart slippers. I have 2.5 pairs made already. I was up rather late but slippers go so quickly.

If I can get a couple more done today, that will be good. I have to consider my wrists - even if it kills me :rofl

I have also been bitten by the design bug and that gets in the way of the bread and butter crochet. :sigh

Where's my tensor wrap? :wlol

:cry I can't participate this month....I found out I have a ethics test next Tuesday! I have already started cramming. I only have one more test after this and that will be after the first of the year.

:cry I can't participate this month....I found out I have a ethics test next Tuesday! I have already started cramming. I only have one more test after this and that will be after the first of the year.

Good luck on your test. Hope to see you next month.

Ok I ready to get started.

:woo

You're doing just fine!

So far I've discovered that the largest crochet hook I have with me is way too small for the yarn I was planning to use for the preemie afghans. I'll have to wait on them until I get home tomorrow. Will work on pink squares today.

Nicole, you and your family are in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Thanks, Linda :manyheart

I so :manyheart slippers. I have 2.5 pairs made already. I was up rather late but slippers go so quickly.

If I can get a couple more done today, that will be good. I have to consider my wrists - even if it kills me :rofl

I have also been bitten by the design bug and that gets in the way of the bread and butter crochet. :sigh

Where's my tensor wrap? :wlol

:laughroll You crack me up, darski!

Good luck on your test! Even though studying is :yuck I suppose it's necessary!!

I've gotten 4 six inch squares done so far, in between a whole lot of other things, including laundry and starting to pack for the trip home tomorrow.

I have the lapghan I started last week - and have finallyt begun joining the big squares. I'm nearly have finished with that part - then a couple of rounds of aborder....then it's some pink squares in my future.:hook

I have 3 pairs done now. I am going to rest a bit but I may try again later.

I love making my lapghans but it sure feels like you have done more when you finish a pair of slippers instead of a square. But those squares sure do make purty stuff though. :dreaming

I got distracted by a graph pattern that came in the mail today - and was mapping out the personalization on paper and getting suggestions from DH. He always knows what works for these things.

Back to stitching the squares together now.....

Sounds like everyone is making good progress. I'm home from the viewings. I have one preemie hat done so far. I think I'm going to some mindless things now like a computer game.

I'll check with y'all tomorrow. I'm off work all day, but I don't think I'll get much crocheting done. It's a good thing the preemie hats are quick. I'm never going to get my goal of 30 done before 8/31 at this rate! :no

Nicole, do whatever helps you relax - when these things happen it's messes with your entire system...

On a :crocheting note: I have 2 more squares to join on this no-longer-lapghan:lol I got carried away with the size of the squares and now it'll work very nicely on a twin bed:lol:lol Just needs a simple border.

The size was meant to be, for some reason....someone will need it.

I have one more blankie (small RR) I want to make and then I'll have 3 ghans to send to Fisher House at Ft. Bragg.

I am hoping to get started this evening. I didn't get a chance to do anything crochet related yesterday. Hopefully life won't get in my way too much this weekend. I would like to finish up a few things so I can box them up and send them off.

I am working on another pair today but I have to do it in fits and starts... my wrists are being less than co-operative. i am still hoping to get 10 pair finished by the 25th... I just have to stop pushing too hard. :sigh

I love these weekends :manyheart

I've got 7 of the 6 inch squares so far. Kim & I traveled home from southern GA today. We were on the road from 7:00 am until 1:30 pm with just two stops. Then it was unpacking, laundry, starting supper cooking, Kim's shower, etc. I think I'm now caught up with what has to get done for a little while. I'll try to fit in some crocheting now.

Archived