August All Charity Weekend 8/20 - 8/25

nicolep

I am going to making pink 6" squares for EMedley. She is making a comfortghan for a friend who is going through some very tough times right now. I'll probably sneak in a preemie afghan or two, too.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using the weekend as my last push to get the preemie items done. I donate them on Xavier's birthday every year. It's August 29th. I'm going to do my best to get the rest of the 30 preemie hats done.

I wanted to stop by to wish you all luck, and to let you know I will be :cheer:cheer for you all next weekend!

I have too much happening next weekend :( I feel badly for not being able to join you this time.

Good luck to all, and I'll see you next month:manyheart

I wanted to stop by to wish you all luck, and to let you know I will be :cheer:cheer for you all next weekend!

I have too much happening next weekend :( I feel badly for not being able to join you this time.

Good luck to all, and I'll see you next month:manyheart

I understand about life getting in the way! We'll miss you though and look forward to seeing you in September. :hug

I've missed the last several months.... first Mom was ill then she passed away last month and now I'm trying to get her stuff sorted out and fuinish the quilts she started for the youngest grandkids and the great grandkids.... she has one completely done ... 7 tops made but not tied off and squares made for another 3 ... I have to put those together and make squares for another 3 quilts.... I will be with you in spirit though...

I've missed the last several months.... first Mom was ill then she passed away last month and now I'm trying to get her stuff sorted out and fuinish the quilts she started for the youngest grandkids and the great grandkids.... she has one completely done ... 7 tops made but not tied off and squares made for another 3 ... I have to put those together and make squares for another 3 quilts.... I will be with you in spirit though...

You're in our thoughts, Shelly:hug:hug

:hug My condolences are with you. Take care

:lol :lol :lol I must admit I've been tempted to start early.

Me, too - but I have something else already being worked on, so I can stay strong and wait -- this time:lol

This afternoon I am going to be stash diving to find all the yarns I can use for making the bedslippers. I don't think dark colours are good for a couple of reasons: they need bright and cheerful and the dark might bleed on white sheets. I have had dark yarns stain my :knit needles so I am leery of them.

I have been tempted to start early too but I have so much on the go that my time is more than filled up :rofl

So far I've managed to restrain myself. I'm working on finishing a shawl at the moment and have two Christmas stockings that need finishing, too. Those should keep me occupied until Thursday. :lol :lol

Patterncollector, your situation sounds stressful. Guys are so bad when they are laid up. At least IMO. They want to be waited on hand and foot, but expect us to take care of everything as usual when we are sick.

Well I am just saying that I didn't really start early... I had to test drive my yarn and the fact that it ended up as a slipper is entirely co-incidental. But I only made one so it doesn't really count. :rofl

I did have to test a yarn to see if the colour and the "ragg" effect would do what I wanted. .. it did :yay

Is it Thursday yet? :hyper

Well I am just saying that I didn't really start early... I had to test drive my yarn and the fact that it ended up as a slipper is entirely co-incidental. But I only made one so it doesn't really count. :rofl

I did have to test a yarn to see if the colour and the "ragg" effect would do what I wanted. .. it did :yay

You are sooooo bad! :rofl :rofl

You are too funny! :lol

I'm going to get in on this. My youngest son starts his Senior year at high school tomorrow so I took the next two days off work. So I will have some time to crochet. I plan on trying to get three blankets made for the NICU. I see how it goes.

Glad to have you along!

Well, I've had a bit of a curve ball thrown at me. I have two wakes tomorrow evening and two funerals on Friday. My great Aunt Jo passed away and my step grandfather. I won't be getting started until Friday evening. Life happens I suppose.

Archived