August All Charity Weekend 8/20 - 8/25

nicolep

Our all charity weekend will begin 8/20 and run through 8/25. As in previous months, any charity item will count.

Please join us in making this weekend a huge success! Let me know if you have any questions.

Some extra info about the weekend -

Any handmade crochet item that will be donated to charity counts. During the weekend, we post our successes (and any discouraging events that occassionally pop up) and motivate each other to keep on hooking! At the end of the weekend, the host (nicolep) will ask that totals be posted. The host will tally everything up and let everyone know the impact for that month. We can definitely get a lot accomplished in four days!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be away from home those days but had planned to taking something to crochet with me....now to figure out what won't take up too much room???? I don't get back until the morning of the 28th and probably won't have computer access so will post late.

I expect to be a part of that one.

A charity crochet weekend is when we put our efforts into crochet that will be donated fro a charitable cause.

You can do squares of any size, preemie hats or hats and scarves, any crochet that will be donated is good to go. If you have a lot of squares you want to test drive you can maybe add a few extra rounds and make pet snugglies. ( donate to humane society for lining cages :cat ) If you use a quick shawl pattern you can usually get one done over those days.

I usually pick a square I like and make a lapghan. Depending on the square, I can usually get one lapghan made over the days we put to this. I finish the border later but I do try to get one thing done and together.

Yea!! I am going to be working on hats! I found a nice hat pattern using Baby Clouds yarn I really want to try and then muster out a few dk blue squares to finish off another nursing home afghan.

I'm in! I'll be on the road driving on Sunday, but other than that I should be good to go. And I picked up some new yarn to try on the preemie afghans, so I won't have to choose colors to put together, just grab a skein and go.

Thanks for hosting, Nicole.

I've been making hats and small afghans for charity already. So I just continue to make but count how many done during that specific time?

Yep...it's just some encouragement during those four days. We post here about how we are doing. Some of us also post pictures.

Ok awesome. :yes Im in. :yay

I was planning on doing a few more hats, so I will wait and just collect some more :yarn (new to :crocheting, so I dont have a big stash =-).

Im working on a poncho right now for my 10 mo dd and I only do 1 project at a time.

And Jenniferelyse....can I come house sit with you?? :dreaming No kids and no dh :dreaming and no interruptions every 5 minutes and the q.u.i.e.t....... I wouldnt know what to do with myself. :faint hehehe

And Jenniferelyse....can I come house sit with you?? :dreaming No kids and no dh :dreaming and no interruptions every 5 minutes and the q.u.i.e.t....... I wouldnt know what to do with myself. :faint hehehe

I will be crocheting like a mad woman. :hook I will probably raid the Redbox or Blockbuster. Every once in a while I will go hole up at my parents house. This time it's a trade off. I took the kids out of town for a weekend not too long ago and hubby had the house to himself.

I like posting the thread early so we all have time to plan, but it makes me antzy for the date to arrive!

It's not just you. I am antsy as well. My charity projects have taken over my dining room table. Once August charity weekend is over, I have promised that I will pack everything up and set it to the side so I can use the table to work on my Christmas projects. It's a good thing we don't actually eat on that table. :hook

It's not just you. I am antsy as well. My charity projects have taken over my dining room table. Once August charity weekend is over, I have promised that I will pack everything up and set it to the side so I can use the table to work on my Christmas projects. It's a good thing we don't actually eat on that table. :hook

:rofl I have projects on my table, too! It must be a staple at houses with crocheters.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Mine are on the guest bedroom bed. I just have to move them when company is coming.

I'm already doing charity crocheting - this will give the extra push to FINISH things instead of beign a serial starter:lol

I'm already doing charity crocheting - this will give the extra push to FINISH things instead of beign a serial starter:lol

:rofl I've never heard of being a "serial starter"! That's hilarious. I'm glad to have you aboard. We always have such a great group of crafters. :yes

I was chatting with my cousin and it seems they would like some slipper/bedsocks for my next efforts so that will be my focus for this month. I love to make slippers anyway so it is nice to have a plan in place.

Now it is just a matter of finding some suitable -> read pretty <- yarn for them. :dreaming

Archived