Is this insane?

my 18 year old grand daughter just asked me if I knew how much ice cream I could buy for that?!!!!!(she's been on an ice cream kick...uh, hormone time) :rofl

It's a beautiful hook, but who spends that much for a crochet hook? I'm thinking it's not a crocheter, but the loving spouse of one, buying a very, very special gift. Maybe I'm just not used to anyone having that kind of disposable income, although obviously people do.

It's a beautiful hook, for sure, but I tend to agree with you--that bidding war has gone a little crazy.

I have seen Jimbo's hooks go high, but I don't ever believe that high, and his fit your hand like a glove. I can see paying it if it gives you something in return. Now if that was a Jimbo hook in ebony, I would pay that for hook I didn't have of his.

I've watched Graydog hooks on eBay for several years (though I haven't in a while - don't do much with eBay anymore), and they consistently go this high, especially the jeweled ones.

I wouldn't feel comfortable crocheting with anything that expensive! My hook is ALWAYS falling on the floor or getting lost in the pillows, it would just stress me out if I lost that one!!!!:eek

Nah :yes I don't think it's that insane, Lolly....but I'd first want to know where its port is located so that I could download a slew of e-patterns...it is capable of text to speech, yes? :lol

Nah :yes I don't think it's that insane, Lolly....but I'd first want to know where its port is located so that I could download a slew of e-patterns...it is capable of text to speech, yes? :lol

:rofl I would never pay that much for a hook and I would shoot my DH if he ever paid that much. But it is beautiful.

:eek I'd be afraid to lose it or my 3 yr old deciding that it's a toy and either breaking or losing it.. it's hard enough to keep him out of my aluminum ones... I'd rather buy yarn w/ the money.. that's enough to fund several of my wish list projects :D

Gosh, that is pretty! And also a ton of money for one crochet hook! I would definitely think about how much yarn I could buy instead! LoL I am watching the ebony/lilac one, just to see how high it goes.

It's beautiful! But... not really for use. I would think a collector or someone who has a lovely display would buy it. I would never buy it for that price. Someone obviously thought it was worth it!

Archived