looky what I got....

This morning I got this package in the mail, and it was a signature Jimbo package. I wasn't expecting the beauty of what was inside and I just had to share. I have been running all over the shop showing everyone the craftsmanship of Jimbo's art. But I know in my heart of hearts that Ya'll will appreciate this more than anyone else. Right now, I am so in love with this hook I can't wait to get home to find yarn to make something with it. Shoot I may leave work early to buy some if I get the chance.

post-9070-135897430966_thumb.jpg

A couple of older Jimbo hooks with the latest one

post-9070-13589743097_thumb.jpg

That is awesome... I am still dreaming of some day being a Jimbo hook owner... I am watching his page diligently!!

GRATz on the new hook that is fabulous!!

:hug

Yes I am so excited, she is an ebony wood hook and I can't wait to use it. Boy, I wish I had yarn here to crochet with. Well I do but I would have to frog afterwards and I wouldn't want to do that.

Oh my, it's grand, Tracey! What a beautiful addition to your Jimbo Hooks collection! Thank you for sharing your joy! :yes

OHHHHHHHH, how BEAUTIFUL that ebony hook is!!

I have two Jimbo hooks and I just adore both of them. One of mine is bird's eye maple and the other one I'm not certain what it is, it's a light colored wood, but both of them are just a pleasure to crochet with! That ebony one is something else, though! Enjoy it!

Oh Elle, I plan on it. I have several of Jimbo's hooks. I love the stories about where he got the wood for this hook. I have tried not to duplicate the hook sizes, although I know I have on a couple... Like I do have two G's, and two 7's. Anyway, here is a picture of my Jimbo collection minus two. I have my Egg hook #7 in one of my WIP bags and another F blood wood hook that is broken :cry I know I am shameless

post-9070-135897431114_thumb.jpg

one of the things that makes his hooks so wonderful is what kind of person he is...

when wiz3283 had her jimbo hook chewed up by a friends pet he sent her another..

My puppy ate one of my hooks a few weeks ago. He's lucky it wasn't one of my Jimbo hooks or he wouldn't still be living in my house.:hook

you know Tracyleigh, we are getting a puppy in September, I have got to get in the habit of putting my yarn crafts away. My hooks are very special so I don't leave them laying around. I have a nice box to store them in, therefore only the ones that I am working with are out.... okay so I have four projects in tote bags I am working on right now. Hmmm, me thinks I had better get organized before we get her.

Ooh! Good for you! I have never tried one of his hooks. Are they comfortable for both styles of crocheters? Meaning, I hold my hook like a spoon. My friend holds hers like a pencil.

I crochet like you would hold a knife or spoon, and my cousin crochets like you hold a pencil, either way Jimbo's Hook fit into your hand like he used it as a guide for the sculpture of the wood. Everyone that has picked up one of my hooks couldn't believe just how great they fit into there hands. I run into crocheter all the time in the hospitals or doctors offices, so many people have tried my hooks. It is getting to the point that I need to make business cards with Jimbo's web address on it to hand out with the touch of one of his hooks :lol

Archived