Water bottle cozies

missmaxx

Hi,

Claire and Emma needed something to carry their water bottles in for hikes. The sock monkey potholders I was making inspired me to get creative....

Thanks for looking! Happy crocheting,

post-7401-135897429448_thumb.jpg

Do you have a pattern for these? I think they are just adorable, my daughter has a condition where she has to have water all the time so this would be great for school to carry it around. They are so cute!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Sorry there isn't a pattern. I was making some "sock monkey" potholders from a pattern I recieved as a gift. My great nieces, Claire and Emma, saw the potholders and asked why they don't have anything with monkeys on them? We take hikes and ride bikes when they visit so we always have waterbottles with us. My bike has a bottle holder but theirs don't.

It was pretty simple to figure out. Get a bottle to use as a pattern, make a circle in sc for the bottom. When it's big enough for your bottle do one row of sc in the back loop only. This will start the sides. Continue in monkey color till it's near the top of your bottle (as high as you'd like it.) Switch to hat color. Continue one sc in each sc around for a few rows. (Mine turned out to be 16 rows of brown and 6 rows of hat color. But this can be different depending on your bottle.) I added a row of sl then ch 1 in each stitch around to give it a finished look. Then you need a strap. I did ch 84 and hdc in second ch from hook and every one to the end. (We measured one of their purse straps to figure this out.) Finish off and sew to the hat section. Crochet an oval for the mouth and embroider the mouth in red. sew in place. Use two buttons for eyes. Sew on with brown thread in an X. Ta Da! you have a monkey water bottle cozy! :monkey:monkey:monkey

OOPS! It will help if your monkey has ears too! I did ch 2 - in the second ch from the hook sc, 2 hdc, 3 dc, 2 hdc and sc. Ch 1 and turn, sc in thesc, 2 hdc in each hdc, 2 dc in each dc, 2 hdc in each hdc and sc in the sc. Make two and sew them to the sides of the monkey.

happy crocheting,

• 2 months later...

Archived