Will we be holidaying this July?

Just wondering... I want to put a bit of money aside for postage and such, seeing as I had such fun last year! I know it's a lot of work for the nice ladies who organise it, so I don't want it to seem like I'm putting anyone under pressure... just curious... :D

If you are talking about something like the Summer Camp we did last year I was wondering that too. I didn't see anything like that mentioned on the swap schedule. I hope so because it was so much fun!!!! Maybe we could pick a destination for the theme? I would love to do that again.

I wasn't wondering about secret pal swap/summer camp (although I've done that and it is fun), but about "Holidays in July"--with wishlists and fairy godmothers (elves) to make wishes come true. I think that's what the others had in mind. There hasn't been a secret pal swap this year, has there? Those are a lot of work, too. :) Maybe more volunteers are needed...

I hope we do the Holidays in July again this year! I had a blast last year! I got some really nice things, but truth to tell, I had more fun surprising people! That was the best part!

I hope we do the Holidays in July again this year! I had a blast last year! I got some really nice things, but truth to tell, I had more fun surprising people! That was the best part!

I'm trying to remember (which seems to be getting much harder), did we have partners "or" did we do wish lists? :think

I've been wondering the same thing, I looked and sign-ups for last year's started on June 20th, so I thought it might be a bit yet. I hope we do, I had so much fun last year

Of course we are having Holidays in July. I have been debating if I should start a thread announcing that we will be having one, or just start the thread when its going to begin.

It will open some time this week, which will give you 2 weeks to sign up but you can start sending on the first day of the signups.

I am glad that you enjoy this swap - as I do to!!!

P.S. You create a separate wish list for Holidays In July

Of course we are having Holidays in July. I have been debating if I should start a thread announcing that we will be having one, or just start the thread when its going to begin.

It will open some time this week, which will give you 2 weeks to sign up but you can start sending on the first day of the signups.

I am glad that you enjoy this swap - as I do to!!!

P.S. You create a separate wish list for Holidays In July

YAY i had a blast looking and search for stuff for the dec. one I cant wait for the July one.:cheer

A BIG HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to Aunt Bubbles!! I LOVE the holidays in July, because it really is so much easier than sifting through the other wish lists, and then if a member joins up in holidays in July, we know they are Active, which makes me lean more to RAOK'n them, ya know..lol...

So I will for SURE be on the look out!!

JoBug

May I ask what is "Holidays in July"? It sounds fun and interesting? Do we swap 4th of July things or is it a Christmas in July type deal?? Or something from our vacation/or summer holiday?? I hope I not to big of pain always asking questions.

May I ask what is "Holidays in July"? It sounds fun and interesting? Do we swap 4th of July things or is it a Christmas in July type deal?? Or something from our vacation/or summer holiday?? I hope I not to big of pain always asking questions.

It's like Christmas in July with surprises. Participants post a wish list on the holidays in July thread. You go through all the lists & decide what wishes you can grant. Request the name & address from the coordinator & then send the item to the person. One of your own wishes may be granted too.:yes

I am thinking about joining it this yr. I missed last yr but HIJ is so much fun.

edited: Here is the link to the holidays in July forum for LAST year so you can see how it works with wishlists, granted wishes, thank you's etc. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Archived