Some good clean fun?!

Joanne, I'll bet Ryan was adorable at the wedding!  I'm so glad your dd got the house, finally!   Hardwood floors -- so very nice!  You do sound busy, but I'll bet you aren't complaining! 

LeeAnn, I haven't exercised much lately, either.  Just the walking I have to do at work.  I am finding that easier, though, so I think I'm improving.  I love hooded scarves.  What type of yarn did you use/  It is so cool that your son wears your creations.  A lot of teens are not into those things.  TMNT are cool again -- I'll bet he liked them when he was a tiny tot.

Stacy, I hope your projects are all going well, Alex is getting less grouchy, and the girls are as sweet as ever. 

I am feeling better!  I got a couple of great nights' sleep over the weekend.  I don't think I slept well since my brother died, so it was much needed.  I actually had a pretty good day at work Monday.  Here's to another one of those!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth- I am so very happy to hear that you had a good nights sleep.  :manyheart   And Monday was great at work..woohoo!  This week will only get better, I can feel it. 

Joanne-Congratulations to your dd and her dh!  They must be over the moon excited!

Stacy-how's it going?  How are the inventions?  Hopefully all well.

We had an aaaammmmaaazzzing weekend!  Lots of outdoor hiking/walking and fresh air..yummy food and time spent with the hubby.  Perfect!  I am hoping to update my blog tomorrow so that I can share pictures.

I had closed my etsy shop over the weekend, opened it up and have 6 orders to fill.  No rest for me tonight but I am determined to get a walk in. I feel like I can focus so much better after walking and clearing my mind.

Getting ready to close up shop, another busy day here!  Am decorating for halloween and fall..seems like that is just what I do here..but I love it!

hugs n squishes!

Hello and happy Wednesday to you all! 

LeeAnn, your weekend sounds wonderful!  I'm glad you had a good time.  It's nice to take a break and remember why we married our big lugs from time to time!   I'll bet your shop looks great all decked out for fall.

Joanne, Happy Hump day to you!  I can hear Friday calling already!

Stacy, I hope your children are doing well.  Is everyone healthy?  There's been a lot of creeping crud going through here, but it doesn't seem to last long.  How are all your projects?

Well, I don't have much to say, for once!  I hope you have a good day.

Good afternoon ladies!

Joanne-so glad that you have a day off.  Enjoy your day!

Beth-have you had a chance to get any crocheting in?

This morning was a flurry of business, my printer would not co-operate, I had 6 orders to print shipping labels for..had to lug everything here to the shop so that I could use my printer here.  So very glad that I have an extra printer that I can use.  I ordered fresh ink and hope and pray that it will accept the cartridges.  I had a couple of salesmen come in, they were selling/promoting signs.  After a bit of haggling and research I finally ordered a sign that will light up, it will have all of the bells and whistles and it's removable.  If I ever decide to take my shop elsewhere-not that I can see that happen but if for some reason it does, I can take the sign with me.  I can't wait to get it!  I have to email them my logo so that the designer can begin creating the slides. 

I am going to work on my blog next, always so much to do..and the Craft A Long..forgot all about that,..need to create/send a flyer out..hi ho hi ho!  Back to work I go.  Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, you are always so busy.  I'm glad everything is going well for you.

Joanne, I have a half-day on Friday -- I can't wait!!!  At least the weekend is coming.  There's a new Hobby Lobby in Virginia Beach, about 30 minutes from here, if tunnel traffic cooperates.  I hope to take my daughter there on Friday.

Stacy, I hope all is well in California!

Well, I need to switch to the office shoes and head out the door.  Have a good one!

Sigh.  I wore my office shoes, and they sent me to a couple of schools to help resolve some issues.  I had to hike in one of the schools, trying to find a teacher during her planning period.  The issues are resolved, at least for now, but my feet ache!  I am wearing comfy shoes to the office today!

I hope you all have a wonderful TGIF Friday!!!

I'm going to look at ILTY yarn this afternoon!!! :yay

I Had a great day at work. My coworkers decorated my cubicle, had a cake for me in the afternoon, bagels and coffee in the morning and a gift of cash to buy yarn. Went out to dinner with DH and going out to breakfast with my grandsons tomorrow. Sunday i plan to see middle dd for some more birthday celebrating. I love birthdays!!! Life is good.

Joanne, you birthday sounds like wonderful fun!  I'm glad your friends at work celebrated with you.  That is always such fun.  Enjoy your yarn, your grandsons, your daughter, and all the rest of the goodness!!!

I can't believe my daughter and I drove 45 minutes one way (and an hour and a half the other, thanks to tunnel traffic) to go to Hobby Lobby, and we didn't buy a thing!  I have decided that I am going to make a blue afghan some day that fades from dark blue through all the shades they have in ILTY to a very light blue.  I've seen quilts do that, and I've always loved it. 

LeeAnn, did you have craft night tonight?  How are things going?

Stacy, Is Alex's name official?

A gorgeous fall day today!!!! Spent most if it with the boys at DD's house. It's really coming along. I met some of her neighbors while taking a walk with the boys. Everyone is so friendly. I am just so happy for them. It's a great neighborhood for the boys to grow up in. Next Saturday I'm going to middle DD's and we are going to celebrate my birthday. Can't wait to see her.

Tomorrow I'm off since DH is having cataract surgery. We have to be there at 6:30! Oh well, at least I'm off work.

Hope you all had a good weekend !

Joanne, I'm glad his surgery went well.  It used to be such a huge ordeal.  I am glad eye surgery has progressed so much.  How is he doing? 

LeeAnn, I hope things are going well for you.  How are the kiddoes?   How is dd doing with drama?  Does your son get to drive any?

Stacy, How are things in California?  Is your weather cooling off any?  We can see signs of fall here -- it's absolutely perfect.

I want a fun crochet project.  I am tired of looking at all my big projects that aren't finished. Then again, I'm thinking about starting a really big afghan project that will involved (shudder) sewing!  I have a lot of wool.  I am thinking about crocheting big squares then felting them and sewing them together.  I need a really sturdy cover for my bed for the daytime, when the dogs get on it.  I hear felted wool is like iron.

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Joanne-hoping that your dh has a speedy recovery!  Is your dd all moved in?   Have you enjoyed a Pumpkin Latte?

Beth-I agree, wool is supposed to hold up very well.  Do you find it itchy?

Stacy-how goes it in your neck of the woods?   How are the inventions?

Things are always busy but I am finding that I am taking time each day for myself, unfortunately that means my "to do" list is never ending but I'm ok with that.  :lol   My ds took his drivers license test on Thursday last week, he PASSED!  He is officially a licensed driver.  He has been driving to school every morning with the dh and dd for about a month now.  I am adding him to our insurance this week so that he can drive without an adult.  The inlaws are also giving him a car in January.  He is nervous but happy.  I still think he needs more practice but he is getting there.

My dd is busy with Drama, she is loving it but between all of her activities she doesn't have spare time, poor gal.  She loves being busy.

This last weekend I worked here at the shop.  Business has picked up here, I am so glad.  Craft Night has continued but we are nearing our last class for the year.  I had a lady that came in and asked for me to have an extra class, after much consideration..I will see if she comes in on Thursday, if she does I will help her but am not going to have an extra class.  She was supposed to come for the last class and did not show up..this way no one is waiting and I am not having to put 2 classes together.  I love having the ladies but it is a bit of work for me.  I usually make/buy something for them to snack on.  I come in early to get the kitchen ready on Thursday then come in early again on Friday to wash the dishes and clean up.  I do enjoy meeting with the ladies but am going to take a break until January when things slow down for me. 

It is after 1:30, guess I should grab a bite to eat so that I can get back to work.  I changed out the display case AGAIN.  :yes   Pumpkin lights had to join in ...fun fun!

hugs n squishes!

DH is doing well and dd is all moved in. They have been living there since the 29th. They are slowly but surely turning it into their home

Painting is done! Unpacking is getting done. Lots to do,

Time to out drops in DH eye!

Will try and get back tomorrow !

Hello and Happy Saturday!!!  I am so excited.  I'm going apple picking with my first ever crochet buddy!  It's about a 2 hour drive to the mountains to pick apples, but it should be a glorious day.

Joanne, I hope your dh is doing well.  How long does he have to use those drops?  So glad your dd is moved in.  I'll bet she's happy to have her own house.  It feels so much different from renting.

LeeAnn, I hope your business is busy.  How is your son the driver doing?  How exciting to have his license.  Is you daughter going to be in any plays any time soon?

Stacy, You kids are so funny.  Keep posting those awesome quotes.  You should compile them for a book some time. 

I am finding the wool to be very nice to work with.  It's Paton's classic wool.  I am making HUGE squares -- closer to 20" than the 18" I thought it was going to be.  My dc seems to grow on me.  It is taking a while - I don't have a lot of time to crochet now.  It is mindless, though, and I'm hoping it won't seem as overwhelming as the ever growing never ending granny spiral I've got in my to-do-bucket.

Have a great day! 

Happy Sunday

Beth. Saw your pics on fb. Looks like you had a glorious day to pick apples. Love this Time of year. And love honey crisp apples. I've been eating one every day. My dd owned her prior house too. It's just great that after 6 wks of having to stay with her mil, they are finally back in their own home. She said they still have lots to unpack and do, but between working taking care of the boys they don't have a lot of free time. But it will get done and at least the boys have their toys, the kitchen and bathrooms are all set up and the rest will come together in due time

Leeann. How is the weekend going? I'm sure you are busier than a beaver!!!!

I'm still working on the knitted afghan for dd and it's coming along. Hope to have it done by the end of the month. I signed up for a mystery crochet afghan on ravelry that starts nov 1.

Stacy. Did they let you know why the campus was closed down? Is Alex's name official now? How is he doing? And the girls?

Yesterday dd, the boys and I went to visit my middle DD. We had such a fun time. My dd had moved to another apartment and it is perfect for her. We went to a local art center to see her exhibition of hammocks. It was fun and the boys had a good time going around, under and in the hammocks. Went to lunch at a portugese BBQ place and followed it up with ice cream from a place that has been in business for 75 years. It was a lovely autumn day and we all had a good time. DH enjoyed his afternoon watching college football games lol

Today I'm finally getting around to switching out my clothes. I just don't have eviugh space to keep all my clothes out year round. Washer just finished so time to move those clothes to the dryer and start another load

Have a good day!

Hi! 

Joanne, the weather was perfect on Saturday.  It was a glorious day -- I'm so glad we went when we did.  I think we both needed it!!!  Your weekend sounds good.  I would like to switch out my clothes, but I came to the realization that I don't have any fall or winter clothes!  Last year, my class room was so hot, I wore summer clothes all year.  Oh darn, I need to shop again!  :)

LeeAnn, Are you getting Christmas things ready now?  I imagine you have to plan ahead for all your holidays.  It seems so weird to see Christmas things in stores in October.  I guess time is slipping by fast enough I should start planning.

Stacy, how are your classes going?  My kids are in mid-terms right now.  Are you there yet?  It seems you started later than they did.  How are Alex and the girls doing?

I cooked some granny smith apples yesterday with butter and a touch of brown sugar, then threw in some walnuts.  I served them over gluten free pancakes.  I am really enjoying the apples!

Good morning

Beth I just love apples this time of year. I'm glad you had such a good time. Where I work I dress in layers. It goes from hot to cold in different parts of the office. I love wearing sweaters and I was excited to unpack them. It's like getting a new wardrobe without spending any money. Lol

Went to craft club last night and I'm still plugging away on the knitted garter stitch blanket for dd. I'm trying to finish by the end of the month. I signed up for a mystery afghan cAL on ravelry and the first clue comes out on nov 1.

Leeann and Stacy. Hope all is well. I just looked a t the time. Gotta scoot. Have a great day!!!!

Top of the morning ladies!

Beth-I love apples!  Your weekend sounded just fantabulous!  I have never gone apple picking as an adult, hmmm..I would love to.  Will have to put that on my bucket list.  I am so very glad that you are enjoying crocheting with wool.  I started a wooly felted project but have it on the back burner..hopefully I can get to it soon.  Is work getting better?  Midterms?  Wow!  The semester will be ending before we know it. 

Joanne-I am so glad that your dd is all moved, unpacking can be kinda fun, you never know where you will display pictures and collectables.  That is awesome that you are joining a CAL, will it be themed?  Have you started holiday planning?

Things over here are always soo busy.  Sometimes I feel like my head is spinning..so much to do always.  I had this last Saturday off, I spent the last three days soaping..I whipped up 14 batches of the Chill Pill Soaps, that is 84 lil pills..all shrink wrapped and packaged.  Also made 8 sets of the Mickey Mouse Soaps, 3 sets of the Dunkin Suds (coffee and Doughnut), soy tarts, and 16 rubber duckies...12 Hearts of Gold, 18 bottles of Strawberry Lotion and a few other novelty soaps and bubble bath...whew!  It was a lot but with the holidays approaching, I still have lots of gift sets to create.

This week will be my last Craft A Long for the year.  The ladies were sad but I need a bit of break to work on product and spend time with my family.  I made all of them goody bags.  Each handmade bag will contain a Strawberry with Gold flecked Heart Soap and matching lotion.  This is my "Thank you" to all of these wonderful ladies that have become so near and dear to my heart.

Joyce and I are also having a HUGE anniversary fling.  Together we created postcards and flyers.  We mailed out 600 postcards to our customers and have also emailed out flyers.  I will be printing the flyers so that I can go around town on Monday to hang them up.  We are having a sale each and every day October 27-Nov 1.  We will also be serving Spooky snacks, Witches Brew, Coffee and Cake on Friday & Saturday.  I bought all of the food items that would not expire this weekend and have the tablecloth and setting ready.    It has been a humungous undertaking but we are well on our way.  Every day I have been working like a busy bee..we are also having a Drawing in each of our shops..that is the last thing on my list..need to put my basket together.  I am thinking pumpkin soap, a black candle, black bubble bath, bats and skeletons..I can't wait!

I have also been flooded with scarf requests, I have 8 on my To Do List that have been ordered, I am almost finished with one.  It is another hooded scarf, they are selling like hotcakes here at the shop, can't seem to keep them in stock.  I am hoping to work on finishing one today. 

Back to work I go, must catch up on Etsy emails...have an order to package up.  Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-32876700-1413911231_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-83807500-1413911275_thumb.jpg

Wow LeeAnn, I am exhausted reading about all you have been doing!!!!!!

Beth. I'm using Vannas choice yarn for DD's afghan. She picked the colors out of my stash What are you going to make with the patons wool?

LeeAnn - As far as the cAL, it's a mystery. 4 colors. About 8 skeins of main color a, 3 of color b and c and about 4 of d. That's for full size using VC there will also be option to make baby size. I have to go out to the tubs in the garage and pick some colors from stash

Dinner is ready so off I go. Have a good night and good hump day !

Good morning ladies!

Beth-thank you for your recent order, I was soo excited to put the gift set together for your sister Ruth.  She is one lucky lady to have you for a sister.  :hug  

Joanne-the mystery cal sounds like so much fun!  I have never participated in one but the excitement of it all.. :manyheart:c9

I am a bit tired today, my ds had an English paper due today he only had 3 days to work on it.  He stayed up all night.. I think he slept 2 hours, I got up early because I just felt so bad that he was still up.  I hope that he can function today.  I am proud of him, he didn't complain, he just "got it done".  It takes a lot of stamina to keep going when things get tough.

My dd's play will be on in December, I can't remember the name of the play..something from the 50's, she's so cute!  She is working hard, she stays after school every day until 5:30, long days.

Guess I should get to work, paperwork is awaiting.  hugs n squishes!

Joanne, I want to make a bunch of squares, felt them, then (shudder) sew them together to make an afghan for my bed for day time.  The dogs get on the bed, and have been known to destroy our comforters.  I hear felted wool dis indestructible.  I'll see if it can stand up to playful dogs.  We keep a special comforter on the bed when the dogs get on it, then take it off at night to sleep.  I'm glad your daughter is getting moved in.  Seems like it would be a process.  I love the pics you posted of the hammock display.  How is your garter stitch blanket coming along?

LeeAnn, I love those leaf-shaped soaps.  My sister usually misses Autumn, since she lives in Florida.  The kids and I used to bake her leaf-shaped cookies, press leaves to send to her, find little leaf-themed items to mail to her, but my kids grew out of it, and I don't have much time now.  I can't wait until she gets the package!

Stacy, I hope school is going well for you and your family.  Hugs to you all!

I guess I'll try to get a bit more sleep.  It was another 2:00 wake-up night.  I do not like those at all!

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-that is so sweet of you to send your sister goodies, she is extremely blessed.  Oh no!  Waking up at 2:00 is no bueno.  Are you tired during the day?

Joanne-how is your dh?  Can he drive yet?

Tonight is my last craft a long, dh baked the cake for me last night while I was whipping up dinner.  So very glad.  I am serving cake, coffee, tea and chex mix..nothing super fancy or difficult but snackable. :manyheart

I am finally catching up on things here at the shop..whew!  There is a light at the end of my tunnel. :yes   Going to warm up my lunch and take a much deserved break.  Hope all of you are having the best day ever!  Hugs n squishes!

Hi

DH is doing well. He's been driving ever since he got the patch off the day after surgery. He gets the other eye done this Monday. He is enjoying not going to work. Lol

The garter stitch blanket is coming along nicely. I can see the light at the end !!! I have about 25 rows of the color on the needles now, then 8 rows of gray and then 30 rows of the last color

Off I go to work on it

Lee Ann enjoy your last craft al long. The snacks sound great!!!!!

Archived