Some good clean fun?!

Hi all!

Joanne, what a great idea to use scotch tape to catch the stitches!  I need to keep some in my knitting bag now.  :lol  Glad you only dropped one stitch and that they were able to help you get it.  Hope you had fun at craft club!

Leeann, your goodies are so adorable!  I especially love the alligator.  So happy to hear your mojo has returned.  Sometimes your brain just needs a break, I think.  :yes  I will not get to take over the class entirely, although I do have to submit and facilitate 3 lesson plans over the course of the semester.  My first one is fast approaching...I had planned to do a vet clinic or a post office but the kiddos don't seem to be into dramatic play much.  They all love reading (yay!!) but I won't get to do a circle time until the end of the semester. 

Beth, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  Are you staying warm?  Have you gone back to work yet?  How are the inventions? 

Well yesterday went better than last week, I think, at the preschool. I'm sure it will get easier as I go along and learn the routines. The kiddos sure are fun, though!  My throat just started to hurt suddenly this afternoon, so I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse by tomorrow. 
Let's see...dh bought tickets for him and Alex to attend Comic-Con in San Diego, in July.  I know they will have a blast!  I have to find something to do with the girls, though...they are not interested in going at all.  I've never been to SD, so I am excited just to go.  LoL 
Tomorrow I need to sign up Mia for baseball.  Between class, practice, and games, our days are going to be full very soon!   :whew   I am secretly glad that the Eva is not interested in anything extracurricular. 

I think that is all the news from here.  I'm going to try and talk the kids into some soup tonight, so I don't have much to cook or clean up.  Love and hugs!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top of the morning ladies!

Stacy-preschool is definitely a busy classroom!  I used to love creating Themed Lesson Plans, Dramatic Play was one of my favorites to set up.  That is great that they love reading.  Pretty soon you will have the schedule down pat and will buzz right through the day.  You are going to be one busy mama.  How fun!

Beth-is it warming up slightly in your neck of the woods?  How are the hooky projects coming along?

Joanne-did you enjoy CC?  What color is the knit blankie?

Nothing exciting going on here..yesterday was a super slow day.  I was able to get all of the Easter/St. Patrick's Day goodies put away and inventoried the latest yarn order.  I have quite a collection of yarn/cotton/thread.  I will not be ordering for at least 3 months as the back kitchen is plum full of overage.  The ladies need to come in and stock up! 

Guess I should get to work. Hugs n squishes!

Good afternoon!

Leeann, WTG on getting your goodies inventoried.  I had to giggle at your "overage" in the kitchen!  Is your crochet class still going on? 

Well, when I got to the center today, one of the other student teachers mentioned that she woke up with a severe sore throat...so I guess it's going around.  My throat feels slightly better today, but I can feel it starting in my nose as well.  Fingers crossed it doesn't travel to my lungs again!

I had planned to register for baseball yesterday, but found out that our coach from last year hasn't registered yet.  So I might wait until tomorrow, because Mia really wants to be on his team again. 

Other than that, not much going on here.  I need to make up a grocery list and do the shopping.  Lately I've fallen into the habit of stopping at the store daily on my way home.  I know that it costs more in the long run, so I need to get back to going once a week again. 
Love and hugs! 

Hello,

I have been a bit under the weather, so I've been using all my days off to rest.  Not much going on here in the craft department, or in housecleaning.  I can't make myself sew the pieces together for the hat I made my nephew:  it has 4 more fins, 2 eyes, and 2 "barbells" which is what the pattern calls the whiskers.  I just need to get that done, and I can send it off.

LeeAnn, we are under a winter storm warning for tonight through tomorrow.  I already have school cancelled for Tomorrow again.  Spring will get here, eventually.  The worst part of this is that my kids are driving in the snow, and the city doesn't have the equipment to maintain the roads correctly.  I am glad you got your mojo back.  The pictures you posted are just adorable. 

Stacy, I hope you get well soon.  Are you doing the EmergenC? I loved working with preschoolers, though I always worked with 4 and 5 year olds.   I hope Mia gets on the team she wants.  My husband started helping me make my grocery list for the week, by helping me come up with the menu.  It is a huge help.

Joanne, happy Thursday!!!  I am glad you make it to craft club.  Only dropping one stitch is great, considering your needle broke! 

Hi all!

Beth, that's great that your hubby helps you with menu planning and the grocery list. Menu planning and grocery shopping really frustrates me.  I love to cook, but my family members all have such different food tastes.  Plus Eva has texture issues, and of course Mia has the gluten issue (which our ped. has informed me that I cannot officially call Celiac since it wasn't diagnosed.)  Sometimes I feel like a short-order cook.  But I digress.

Have you gone back to work yet?  Or are you still snowed-in?  Hope you were able to finish your nephew's hat. 

Joanne and Leeann, hope all is well!

The preschool is getting better, I think.   The teachers loved my first lesson plan idea.  :xfin that it goes well.  Mia is now signed up for baseball, we just have to wait to hear from a coach.  The park doesn't guarantee team requests.  Oh, and Alex was recommended for his first belt promotion!  He is so excited.  That will happen in a couple weeks. 

Well I need to go figure out something for dinner.  There is leftover chicken, so I am thinking a chicken salad of some sort. 

Love and hugs!

Stacy, chicken salad sounds great.  Congrats to Alex on his belt promotion.  That is fantastic!  I feel like a short-order cook.  For my kids, it's food preferences only - I'm the only one with an actual inability to eat food.  And to top it off, we have schedule conflicts, so meals that are only good when they are fresh don't work.  One son needs to eat by 4:30, the other sometimes doesn't eat until 8 p.m.  I hate planning menus!    I can't wait to hear how your lesson goes!  How exciting!

School is really rough.  I am filling out applications for other jobs.  I've talked about it long enough.  It's affecting my health.  It isn't worth it.

My husband leaves tomorrow for 6 weeks in Japan. 

Tomorrow may be another snow day.  We may get to leave early today because the rain we have now may turn into ice/snow.

It's snowing here- it was supposed to start earlier- didn't start till about 5- but they are forecasting 6-8 inches- And my office is open according to the message, with updates to be posted during the day. So, in essence, have employees come to work, drive in snow- and then have to leave possibly early and drive back home in more snow. I'm just shaking my head......I already told them yesterday if it snows, I would be taking off- or would be happy to work from home. If the office was closed I was scheduled to work 6-12- they divide the staff since there aren't enough licenses for the access to have everyone work form home at the same time. Now that they are open, I'm thinking I can just work my normal hours- we'll see when I call in a little while-

Safe travels to your DH, Beth- wow---6 wks is a long time- I hope it goes by quickly for you! Good that you are filling out applications- you will find the right job that won't be as stressful I'm sure.

Stacy- Glad you are enjoying the preschool experience-- i love, love, love that age!!!!! Of all the jobs I had in my lifetime, being a teachers aide in preschool was the most fun, and the least stressful. Too bad it didn't pay enough $......

Congrats to Alex! That's awesome.....

How is your afghan coming along? My knitted blanket for DD is getting there--especially now that the the cable was replaced- oh, forgot to tell you all, the cable that was replaced was defective ....so I brought it back to the LYS and they credited me the $ and I bought an Addi circular (bamboo) and I LoVE it!!!  I have about 13 rows to go on the color I'm on now, then 8 rows of gray, and then 26 rows of the final color and it'll be done.....

LeeAnn- Love the cute soapies that you have come up with. How are the kiddos doing? Do you still have your crochet group at the shop?

Well, I guess I should pour another cup of coffee, eat some breakfast and then call work. They want you to talk to a mgr 'live' and not just leave a message. You can leave a message, but still have to speak to someone live in addition to that.  I'm guessing, I'll be making a few phone calls before that actually happens...lol

Have a good day!

Good morning almost afternoon ladies!

Beth-oh my gosh!  Safe travels to your dh, that is an awful long time to be away.  I hear you about being a short order cook.  Nowadays I cook and whomever can-eats, after that dishes are done and you are responsible for heating up your own food and washing out your dishes.  My kiddos are not picky eaters, thankfully.  They will eat just about anything that I whip up but now that they are both teenagers, they both eat a lot..lots of food every day.  Seems like grocery shopping is never really done. 

Both of them are doing well.  Ds is having issues with his on again/off again girlfriend.  I do not much like it, but what's a worried mom to do besides offer advice and comfort.

Joanne-your state has been hit with tons of snow!  wow!   I bet you are all sick of it and can't wait until spring.  Driving on icy roads is stressful, hoping that they allowed you to work the entire day from home.  You knitting sounds lovely, I have heard of the Addi knitting needles.  I am so glad that your lys replaced and refunded you, I would have done the same.  Do you have plans for Easter?

Stacy-Congratulations to Alex!  That is such good news!  Lesson planning is so much fun, what is your next theme? Do you do thematic planning?  Will you consider working where you are student teaching next year?  I bet you have a lot of preschools to choose from, that is awesome!

Here on the soapy front, I have been super busy.  Had a custom order for 50 Baby Shower Sets.  The cutest lil monkey and bananas.  That's 200 banana bunches and 50 monkeys all individually shrink wrapped and placed in clear cellophane bags with the custom label and ribbon..whew!  I have been working tons of hours but am going to get them done by tomorrow as I want to have the weekend off.

My Craft A Long has grown!  I am now up to 15 ladies, I have had to add several more tables.  We meet every other Thursday.  I always have a snack, coffee/cocoa for them.  This evening I will be serving fresh pineapple and strawberries. 

I started teaching beginner crochet classes in January, every other Saturday-that has taken off too!  Sometimes I am not sure how I keep it all straight but am so grateful that my business is taking off.

I have also been knitting more when I can, mostly dishcloths as I just can't seem to get enough time in for longer projects.

I think that is all... :lol   Hugs n squishes!

Hi all!

Beth, 6 weeks is such a long time!  Hope it passes relatively quickly.  Good luck on the job hunt.  I agree- if it is affecting your health, it is definitely not worth it to stay. 

Leeann, you are such a busy bee!  I hope you get a nice little break this weekend.  Sorry to hear your ds is having girlfriend issues.  Your classes sound so fun- wish I could take one!  Glad to hear you have such a great turnout for them.  As for the lesson plans- we do not have thematic plans...we do emergent curriculum.  We are actually advised in school that we should not do themes because the kids may not be interested in what we have planned...so we should plan according to what they are interested in at the time.  

Joanne, I can't believe you're getting more snow!!  You all must be buried by now.  Were you allowed to work from home?  How wonderful that the LYS refunded you for the cable.  Aren't bamboo needles just the best?  I like that they don't clink together.  LOL  Sounds like your blanket is really coming along.  I've been taking Mia's blanket with me to karate practice...I can get about 6-7 rows done during one class.  But I need to step it up because her b-day is in 25 days and I am only about 2/3 done. 

Last night I ended up making crunchwraps.  yum!  The younger two didn't eat, of course, so they found their own dinners.  Tonight I am making quesadillas with the leftover chicken, grilled onions, and avocado.  I also bought meatballs because I know they won't eat the quesadillas, either.

That's all the news from here.  Love and hugs! 

Stacy, I wish I knew what to tell you about getting the kids to eat other foods.  It is a challenge to come up with menus every week.  I hope the blanket progresses well.  I think you are amazing, getting everything done that you do. 

LeeAnn, Wow, your business is taking off! The craft a long and crochet lessons sound like a lot of fun.  It sure is growing.

Joanne, enough snow already!!!  I have daffodils blooming now.  Spring is coming, and should be heading your way very soon.

I'm having some trouble adjusting to my husband being away, but at least I'm sleeping.  The pit bull snoring helps!  Have a great Monday, everyone.

Quick stop in to say hi. I was with the gs I. Saturday and I spent Sunday with my middle dd for her birthday which is actually tomorrow. Last night was craft club and tonight is going to be an early night.

I'll try and catch up more tomorrow

Hugs to you all

Beth-I am positive that the perfect job is just right around the corner, you have great work ethic and are so wonderful that I am sure folks would love working with you.  That is so funny that your furry pet snoring is helping you sleep, love it!  Are your inventions ready for the end of the semester?

Stacy-you are one busy mama, it's amazing how fast the days go by, before you know it your babies will be all grown up.

Joanne-Happy Birthday to your wonderful daughter!  Glad that you made it to CC and that you had a good weekend.

Things are always crazy here, I am stocking up on product..seems like I always have "One more thing" to make..sometimes the list feels daunting.  I have decided that instead of going to bed thinking of what I didn't get done I am going to try to change my way  of thinking to what I did get done..whatcha think?

Guess I should catch up on paperwork.  Hugs n squishes dear friends!

LeeAnn, focusing on the positive will probably help you drop off to a nice, relaxing sleep.  That's a great idea.  I try to do that with the students when they are being horrendous.  There are always a few in every class who are trying to do their work, and who are sweet and considerate.  I need to focus on them some days.  You are getting a lot done.  Did you get all the paperwork finished?

Stacy, how goes student teaching?  Are the students warming up to you yet?  It takes little ones a while some times.

Joanne, happy birthday to your daughter.  Isn't it amazing how they are getting older while we are staying the same age?  Are you seeing grass under the snow yet?   We are in the mud stage right now in Virginia.  I love it, since it's a sign of warmer days coming.

I need to run.  My sister's birthday is in a couple of days, and I have to get a gift card to send her.  I'm LATE!!!  (as usual)

Joanne, I love that blanket!!!  Can you please tell those boys to slow down a bit?  They are growing up too fast!!!  Happy weekend to you!  I think it's great that you have made so much progress on that blanket for your daughter.

I'm so happy that it's the weekend.  I am trying to get a lot of the work done now, so I can really relax tomorrow and Sunday.  I also plan to fill out at least one application this weekend, and update my resume. 

Stacy, how are the kids doing?  Did Alex already have his belt test, or is that something in the works?  Did you hear anything about the softball team?  How is your teaching going?

LeeAnn, are you getting to take a breath from time to time?  How is everyone doing?

Thanks for the compliment on the blanket!  Robbie said "like Ryan's" when he opened it yesterday!! Had a great time at the party- and it was so nice to spend the day with all three of my daughters!!!- Those times are few and far between now that they are adults with lives of their own!! And I treasure each and every one of the times we are all together. I dropped DD off at the train this morning at 9 so she's on her way back to Boston---the time just flew by!

Later , we are meeting for dinner out to celebrate Robbie's official birthday- so no cooking for me!!!  But I do have to play catch up and get laundry and cleaning done- so I'd better skedadlle and get to it!

Have a great Sunday everyone---happy Ides of March!

Joanne-your afghan is stunning!  Love love love the color combo!  WTG!  Your grands are sure growing up super fast!  I am so happy for you, spending time with your dd's.  They all sound so wonderful!  Did you make it to CC last night?  Is it warming up in your neck of the woods?

Beth-how ya doing my friend?  How many more days/weeks till your fabulous hubby comes home?  Did you get your resume done?  They always stress me out, I haven't updated mine in a couple of years..ya never know I guess I should.  What's on your hook these days?

Stacy-how's it going?  How are your inventions?  Did they already have Spring Break?

This last weekend I taught another Crochet Class, so glad that they are taking off..will be planning the next one soon.  I have also opened up a second Etsy Shop.  I have a lot of yarn in the back kitchen that needs to find a home, since I order in bulk ..I have tons..about 6 boxes full.  Now that Etsy has changed their rules, this seemed like a perfect time to sell sell sell.  here is the direct link if you all would like to take a looksie.

http://CraftingWithLeeAnn.etsy.com

I still need to upload more photos but am taking my time as I am also uploading everything to Ravelry, might as well sell on both sites. 

My family is doing better.  Cristopher was sick all of last week, he had a tummy bug and has finally gotten over it..poor guy.  He missed almost the entire week of school.

I did get all of my paperwork done..woohoo!  I feel so accomplished, some days it's a struggle to get the motivation to work on it. 

Off to etsy land, hugs n squishes!

Happy St Patrick's day!!!

We had fun with the boys Sunday when we went out to dinner. Such sweet boys. Dd and sil are doing a great job!!!,

I did go to craft club last night and worked on DD's blanket. It'll be done soon. I'm ready to get back to the socks and I started a crochet shawl, but must finish this blanket!!!

The wind is really kicking up today and it's getting cold again. May even get some snow Friday but hopefully that will be the end if it!!!

Hope you are all well and thank goodness tomorrow is hump day already!!!!

Hi all,

Joanne, great job on both blankets.  I'm glad you post pictures on Facebook so we can see. 

LeeAnn, I don't know how you'll have time to keep up with orders on different websites.  I hope it goes great for you.

Stacy, I hope you and your children are doing great.  How is student teaching?

I am very frustrated with school.  The students are so disrespectful and disobedient.  My company's way to help me was to come in (without talking to me first) and announce to the kids that we'll be giving candy every time they complete a lesson, and we are having a competition so the class that gets the most work done in three weeks wins a party.  I have to stop what I'm doing every time someone finishes a lesson to hand out the candy, and the woman brought in a bin with a huge variety, so it takes the kids forever to dig for the blue jolly rancher (which is all everyone wants.)  She said she'd bring more the next week, but "forgot" so I had to go buy more with my own money.  And counting how many lessons are done each day in each class adds half an hour to the time I'm in the school every day.  That doesn't sound like much time, but part of my stress is the unpaid overtime I'm putting in.  I was already doing an incentive program that didn't require me to do any more work, and didn't cost anybody any money, but she didn't ask me what I was doing.  She just came in with her own thing.

Well, I'm off to submit an application or two today.  If I make $9.00/hour at a full time job, I think I'll be ahead financially, since I won't be paying for the things I print at home for the kids, or the candy, supplies, and other things I buy. 

Good morning Ladies!  Happy Spring!

Beth-oh my gosh!  A candy incentive?  wow!  What happens when the kids get tired of the candy or you run out?  I used to do a Treasure box when I first started teaching and soon realized that it was a lot of work.  I can't imagine with the older kiddos...that is just an awful lot of stress.  I am positive positive that you will find something else soon.  Praying for you!  :hug

Joanne-your knitted afghan is stunning!  wow!  that was a lot of work!  Looks great!  What is on your hook/needles?  Hope you make it to craft night this evening.  Is the snow melting in your neck of the woods?

Stacy-how ya doing my friend?  I was thinking of you and your Calgon post with a glass of wine..some days are just tough.  Hoping that this week is fabulous!  Are your kiddos on spring break?

My kiddos are on Spring Break this week :clap :clap   They have been working.  DS washed the walls in his room, repaired all of the poster holes and painted his room this weekend.  It looks great!  Dh and dd helped..I was lucky I was at the shop.  I cooked and fed the hungry crew..I do not like painting...so happy that I got out of it.  :manyheart

Today I have a few things to get done..not as much product to make :cheer   Mostly lotions and candles.  I let my candle inventory dwindle down as they just weren't selling but sales have picked up..time to pour more.  They are fairly easy as I just color and fragrance the wax then pour..takes more time to let the wax melt and set up.  I also have a new fragrance called "Fruitt Loops" smells just like the cereal.going to make a batch of tie died soaps with this fragrance.

Have a few errands to run this morning, guess I better get my tush in gear.  Hugs n squishes!  Have a great day my friends!

LeeAnn, it sounds like you're staying very busy.  How nice that your son painted his room.  I would love for him to come paint my kitchen for me!!!  I agree with you about painting.  It's so nice when someone else does it!  The fruit loops soap sounds tasty.  I'll bet the fragrance will go well with a tie die pattern.

Joanne, I hope things are going well for you. . I thought about you since it's HUMP DAY!!!  I'll bet you are looking forward to the weekend.

Stacy, I'd love to hear how your teaching is going.  Are the kids warming up to you?  How are your kiddos doing?

Well, I got a call today.  There's a problem with scheduling, but I may get an interview this weekend for a position in the lawn and garden department of my local WalMart.  It may not sound like much, but I would love something that isn't as stressful as what I am doing now.  My son who is going to be an auto mechanic also has a job interview coming soon.  It's for a job in a small shop in a little town nearby.  This is very exciting, since his professor recommended him for the job.  My daughter did not get the apprenticeship she applied for, but that's life. 

I am taking crochet to school now, and working on it during my non-student times:  before school starts or during my lunch time.  It's good to be crafting again.

Good morning ladies!

Beth-I worked at Wal-Mart and liked it, the scheduling was difficult to get used to but it was fun.  I am with you, less stress is always a good thing.  I will keep my fingers crossed that something wonderful comes your way.  Hoping that your ds gets the new job as well.  Sorry to hear that your dd did not get the apprenticeship, it's tough out there!

Joanne-any big plans for the weekend?  How's your dh feeling?

This weekend both of my sisters will be coming in..woohoo!  We are having a girls weekend as the guys in my house will be camping, my sister Luann's dh is out of town and Joline is single..what fun!  We are going to surprise our mom with an early birthday dinner complete with margaritas..I have never made them before but Joline said  that she has it covered.

Other than all that, I did get a new laptop, my old one died..it was painful..I is taking me time to get used to this one but I think it will all work out.  I didn't get the soap poured as my dd was sick on Monday but soon I am hoping.  Time to work on the new shop.  talk to you all soon!  Hugs n squishes!

My son got the job!!!  He is starting on Wednesday, 3 days after his 21st birthday!  He is starting at a low wage, but should get raises when he finishes college, gets his certificates, and becomes an inspector, which his new boss says he'll help with.  I have an interview at Home Depot on Wednesday.  It is for a part time job as a cashier.  I would love to work part time, as long as our finances would be happy with that.

LeeAnn, I'm sorry your kiddo was sick.  I hope everyone is OK now.  The girls weekend sounds like a lot of fun.  What a great surprise for your mom!

Joanne, I hope you are doing well, Paradise is treating you OK, and everyone is growing and thriving in your family.

Stacy, love all the pics.  Congrats to Alex on the new belt!  That's awesome.  I hope you had fun in LEGOLAND.  It sounds like a great place to go.

Off to handle the 2,138 chores I have for this weekend!

Good morning ladies!

Beth-Congratulations to your ds!  How very exciting for him!  I bet he is over the moon happy about it.  :manyheart   Did you have a good weekend?

Joanne-how ya doing my friend?  How are the sweet grands?

Stacy-know you are busy, miss ya around here. 

This last weekend was super busy, fun and exhausting all at the same time!  My mom loved her early surprise party and had a great time.  We spoiled her, she was Queen for the day.  :manyheart

The guys had fun camping, they came back with sunburns but they said they were glad that they went..  I seem to have caught a cold, all of the running around, cooking, cleaning and managing the business has taken finally knocked me down.  I am going to drink Emergen C in a bit, I just do not like the taste of it, but oh well..I can do this.  :lol

Had my first sale in the new shop over the weekend, time to add more inventory.  Will be doing that this afternoon as I think I have finally figured out how to crop photos on this new computer.

Back to work,  Hugs n squishes!

Archived