Some good clean fun?!

Good afternoon ladies!

I have missed you all so very much!  Am having computer problems.  My laptop keeps shutting down, just powers off.  On the bright side the new printer arrived, I tell ya,..this is the worst time of year to be having these issues but I am trying to make the best of it.

Joanne-I hear you about being tired.  Your squares look amazing!  Wow!  How many do you get to create?

Beth-how are things going?  Will you be off next week?

Stacy-hoping that you are feeling better, it's no fun having those pesky bugs.  I bet you are counting down the days to the end of the semester?

I have been crazy busy, organizing a few events here in our town.  Now that I am a Chamber Board Member, I get to be more involved.  It is a lot to take on but I think the end result is wonderful.

I am almost done with the crochet orders, finished the rat scarf, on the last sashay scarf then it will be on to the hooded scarves.  Next week I will be cooking and hosting..hoping that I can summon up the energy to do it all.

Off to get that scarf done, hugs n extra squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all....

Another busy weekend. DH 's birthday is tomorrow. Had dd and ny gs over yesterday to celebrate and today DH and I went to middle DD's and went to have lunch to celebrate. Just got home. Still have laundry going. And tomorrow is work already. I need more time in a day!!!! LOL

Hope all is well woth everyone.

Hello Everybody! 
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.  I certainly ate too much.  I truly enjoyed the company of my family. I realize more every year that they are growing up, and won't be living under my roof forever.  I am so lucky to have three amazing kids. 

Joanne, I hope everyone is doing well.  How are your husband's eyes?  Is he all recuperated from the cataract surgery?  How are the grandsons?

Stacy, is the end of your semester looming?  My kids will be done with this semester next week!  That seems so soon. 

LeeAnn, I hope your black Friday and Cyber Saturday are very good for you. 

I actually worked on my wool square today with my friend.  we went to Joann's to check out their sale, too. My daughter and I went to 9 stores looking for a new pre-lit Christmas tree for our house. 

Good afternoon ladies!

How is everyone on this fine Sunday?  Ready for the first week in December?  Can you believe that it's really almost December and that the year is ending??WOW!  It's such a shocker to me!

Beth-I am so happy to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving!  Your kiddos do sound amazing, just like their mama!  And a bit of hooky time?  Why it just doesn't get better than that.  :hug

Joanne-how was your holiday?  Is it back to Paradise for you tomorrow?  I bet the grands enjoyed the day with family and friends.

Stacy-how ya doing?  I am betting that the semester is winding down for you.  How are your inventions?  and of course Mr. Stacy?

It has been super busy at the shop, some days I feel like I am hanging on for dear life but what a fun ride!  I have had quite a few Black Friday sales on line..today I am whipping up candles, scrubs and lotion.  I woke up early and have accomplished quite a bit.

Back to work I go.  Hugs n squishes!

Hi,

I have enjoyed the long weekend off more than I can say.  I hope I can make it through 3 weeks of school, then I get a couple more weeks off.  So ready for the end of the school year, and it's not half over yet.

LeeAnn I'm glad you are so busy.  I know it's a lot of work, but I want your shop to be a success.  So glad others know how good your products are.

This week's new recipe is chicken parmesan.  You take the chicken, dip it in ranch dressing, then roll it in bread crumbs (Rice Chex crumbs for me) with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.  You put melted butter on top, and bake.  It's very easy, and I like it a lot.

Joanne and Stacy, I hope your holiday was amazing! 

Hi

Had a great long weekend with my girls and the boys. It flew by and was sorry to drop dd off at the train sat night. We all saw her off and the boys loved seeing the train . I think il take Ryan on a short train rode soon. He loves trains. Yesterday was clean up and laundry day and watch a little football and crochet. I made a shawlette for dd and started another I have several that I have and wear often and my DD's love them it's called York shawlette and the pattern is in ravelry. Easy, and quick.

Busy,busy day at work and an hour 1/2 to get home. Accident on the road and traffic at a standstill ugh!!!! No craft club tonight ...I came home and put my pjs on and will hook from home tonight

Joanne, the PJ's after that commute home sound like a good idea!  That is rough!  Makes a person really tired.

I have been working in the office since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  I have no idea what has been going on in my school.  I get to find out today!  I hope it is all good.  I seriously need a different job.  This one is just not good for my mental makeup.  Some people might thrive on going from one type of job to another, but I thrive on stability.

LeeAnn, I guess you are really busy with the Christmas rush.

Stacy, I guess you are busy with the end of the semester coming up.

Off to work I go - whoosh!

Hi ladies!

Quick fly by to say that I miss you all and am holding on by a thread.  47 orders in 3 days on Etsy..I haven't come up for air or sleep.  Trying trying to keep it all together but it's a struggle.  Will try to post more in the a.m.  Hugs n squishes!

It's Saturday!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Very busy week. We are short 3 nurses on our team. One had surgery, one went out on maternity leave and we are short a person to begin with. 4 nurses doing the work of what should be 7. I totally felt overwhelmed and exhausted. We are meeting dd and the boys for breakfast this morning which will put a big smile on my face

Leeann I don't know how you do it. That's a lot of orders which is great for your business , but totally exhausting, I'm sure. Breathe!!!!!

Beth....I hear you about work...loud and clear. Same way I feel. Enjoy your weekend to the max!!!! I know I will!!!!

Stacy. How's school and the family? Are you working on any crochet projects?

Good morning ladies!!!

I am back and finally able to breath a little easier..whew!

Joanne-the weekends are wonderful aren't they?  Your family is beautiful!  Love the photos' that you shared on facebook.  Hopefully your staff is all back and that paradise is slowing down a bit.  It sure is stressful to be under staffed.

Beth-how's it going?  How are the hooky projects coming along?  Will you be on winter break soon?

Stacy-hope your semester is winding down nicely. 

Last weekend I attended the church bazaar..whew! So glad that is over and done with. It was so much work, packing and setting up..I am so glad that I didn't sign up for anymore bazaars. I missed my lil shop and my routine here.

This weekend we are having an Open House here in Alamosa, along with the Where is Rudolph Scavenger Hunt that Joyce and I have put together and we are hosting a bazaar here in the building where my shop is. Lots to do always. I have everything almost ready for the Scavenger Hunt, just need to print out the rest of the forms, ran out of paper last night. Then tomorrow I will deliver the forms along with the Rudolph noses and flyer to each shop that is participating. We managed to get the event published in our local newspaper, on facebook, thru the Chamber of Commerce Constant Contact list, emails and facebook...whew!

Tonight I am attending an Advent by Candlelight Ceremony. This is my 3rd year that I have been invited. I am taking a goody bag with diapers and baby booty soaps. They are also collecting baby goodies for the women's shelter.

My kiddos are also putting together hygiene kits for little ones. I bought the shampoo and such this morning along with the cutest barrettes for Celine's set. She has a 6 year old little girl and Cristopher has a boy. I am going to create gift sets for them complete with some of my handmade soaps and lotions. My kiddos are so sweet, they volunteered to be hosts.

I finished another crochet order, two hooded scarves. I have a new order for lil birds, they are super cute! Back to paperwork and hopefully a bit of crocheting.

hugs n squishes my friends!  If I don't come up for air..send the troops in! 

LeeAnn, I'm glad things are slowing down a bit so you can breathe, but it still sounds like you are crazy busy.  I personally don't have much energy left by the time I get home from work.   The Rudolf scavenger hunt sounds adorable.  So does the Advent celebration.  It is so sweet that your kids participate.

Joanne, how much time do you get off for Christmas?  I'm so glad I get 2 whole weeks.  I only need to make it through 7 more work days before it starts!!!  So much to do to get ready for Christmas, though.  I am afraid I won't get everything done.  My tree is still just up -- no ornaments, and no other decorations.

Stacy, my kids are getting through their finals.  The boys each had one.  My daughter has both of hers tomorrow.  My oldest has his last one tomorrow.  My other son has to wait until Monday to finish up.  I hope you get a break soon.  Are your kids excited about Christmas? 

Hi all!!

It's so good to finally get in here and catch up!  I swear, I've had two projects due each week for the past month. I think the professors coordinate with one another on how to make students crazy.  :eek:2eek

Beth, that chicken parm recipe sounds so yummy!  I am a sucker for ranch dressing.  How well did it work with the Rice Chex?  Good luck to your inventions with their finals.  Mine are all next week.  I can't wait!  I also registered for my spring classes.  Did your inventions get the ones they needed?

Leeann, 47 orders in 3 days?!  You must be exhausted!  I don't know how you do it.  Good luck with your computer.  Technology can be so frustrating. 

Joanne, I LOVE the photo of your girls and grandsons on FB!  I bet it was wonderful having them all together. 

I just finished up my last assignment for the semester.  After dinner, I need to go to Toys R Us and pick up my layaway.  Can I just brag about my kiddos for a moment?  They really didn't ask for anything big this year, and when I asked them why, they said they already have everything they want.  :manyheart   I'm pretty proud of them.

As for hooky time...I was working on a baby blanket for a friend of a friend, but ran out of yarn. I was wondering why, because usually Caron 1 lb is enough for a 30x36 inch blanket, but somehow I ended up making it 46 inches wide!  :eek  I contemplated frogging it and starting over, but it needs to be done by the 17th.  My aunt also asked me to make mittens for my cousin, so I still have to mail them.  And I am working on knitting Bella mittens for my girlies.  They're supposed to be stocking stuffers, but at this point, I don't know. 

I think that's all the news from here...just trying to get through the last few days of class, getting ready for Christmas, and then Alex's birthday. Gotta scoot and make dinner.  Love and hugs!

I'm so glad there's only one week before Christmas break!!! 

Stacy, I hope you are doing OK.  I know you'll be happy when the semester is over.  How much longer before you graduate?  My kids managed to get all the classes they wanted.  Amanda's professor told her to change one class she had for one he is teaching next semester.  It is 3D printing.  Doesn't that sound cool?  One more day of exams for the boys, and they'll be done.  You are a great mom.  I love everything you say about your kids.  They sound so well-grounded.  I hope you get all your hooky projects done in time.

LeeAnn, I can't wait to hear about all your events.  Does your daughter's drama club have anything going on for Christmas?

Joanne, I hope you and your family are all doing well.

My daughter and I (and her boyfriend) are going to see the Nutcracker this evening.  I am so excited -- I'm already dressed to go!  We leave in about 15 minutes.

Have a great weekend!!!

Hi all

Tomorrow begins week 3 of working 3 people short. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I only have off Christmas and the day after, Beth. We get out at 2 on Christmas Eve. I may take a personal day between now and then though

I spent all day yesterday till about midnight babysitting!!! Today was the usually cleaning, laundry shopping and now here we are we the weekend almost over.

Hope you had fun at the nutcracker Beth. I love the nutcracker.

Stacy. Your kiddos are very well grounded. You and your hubby are doing a great job!!! Good luck with the end of the semester!!!! What are Bella mittens thT you are knitting? I've been working on a crocheted infinity, finished a hat for Robbie, and shawlettes for 2 of my daughters. Already gave Lisa hers at thanksgiving. when she saw it she wanted it then and now !!! Lol. Still have to make Ryan a hat. And then I hope to do some knitting and start a blanket for my Boston dd

LeeAnn all the activities sound fun. I envy all your energy!!!! Hope you had a good weekend and that all went well

Well, back to the infinity scarf. Have a good evening !

Hi all,

The Nutcracker was special.  It was far from a professional performance, though they hire professionals to dance the lead roles, and they were amazing.  It was great to see a girl who I taught to crochet dance a lot of the other main roles.  She has grown so much, and is a beautiful dancer.

I am just waiting for this week to be over.  I hope it will be a good one.  I have so much paperwork to do always with this job -- I stay for an hour or two after school just about every day.  I'm not paid enough for that!!!  But I am still behind on my paperwork.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Joanne, your work situation sounds so tiring.  And frustrating.  It's hard enough to get everything done when everyone is there.  I hope you had a great time babysitting your grandsons.  Good luck crocheting the infinity scarves.

Stacy, I hope your finals are easy, and you get to relax soon.  Your kids do sound positively amazing.  You are a great mom!

LeeAnn, I hope your weekend and all your activities were a load of fun.  your kids so amazing, too.  You are also a great mom.  Maybe we should change the title of this group to Great moms who play with yarn...

Hugs to you all!

Good morning ladies!

Beth-hoping that the week flies by!  You are soo sweet!  All of us mommies need to stick together, it's tough out there.  :manyheart   I am glad that you enjoyed the Nutcracker performance, sounds like so much fun!  My dd is done with Drama until January, she really likes it but is keeping busy with her schoolwork. 

Joanne-that is great that your grands get to spend time with you, how special for all of you.  You are on the ball knitting and crocheting.

Stacy-Your kiddos say the cutest things!  I love reading about their conversations, always puts a smile on my face.

Things were abnormally busy, the Scavenger hunt is over as well as the Bazaar here at the shop..so grateful!  It was such a busy weekend, I still have the birds to finish.  I am hoping to work on them in just a few, seems like they are taking forever..and have one more sashay scarf and then I will be done with crochet orders.  Next year I will have to think long and hard before agreeing to take on so many orders..my wrists are in a ton of pain.  Hopefully after the holiday I can take a break.  Back to hooking.  Hugs n squishes!

Happy Saturday!!!

Joanne, I don't think last week could have gone any slower.  So glad it's the weekend.

LeeAnn, You sure are busy.  I'm glad I read that you are taking a break to enjoy Christmas.

Stacy, Are your finals over?  How excited are your kiddos for Christmas?

I am considering a single-cup coffee brewer.  Does anybody use one, and have any recommendation?

Hi all

As I expected DH needs a stent. This will be stent #3. He had 2 put in 2005. He is being transferred to another hospital in the am and they will do the procedure on Christmas Eve. They have to hydrate him monitor kidney function and blood glucose levels. As DH says "I'll be home for Christmas", I sure hope so. I'm going to work tomorrow and will see him afterwards. Will take off on wed

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Much appreciated

Merry Christmas. DH was released from the hospital. We got home around 1:30. Middle dd came over and the three if were going to head to my youngest DD's house. Well, DH was tired so just dd and I went. We had a good time and the boys were enjoying all that Santa had left. I brought dinner home for DH. He is still very tired. Says he feels ok though. Glad he came home today!! I may actually get to sleep in tomorrow since thankfully, my office decided to give us the day off.

Hugs to all

Archived