Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All!

Joanne-hugs to you!  So glad that your dh is home and resting, so happy to hear that you had a good Christmas!

Beth-Did you get a Keurig?  We have one and love it! 

Quick fly by but wanted to check in on ya all.  Hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

Yes, I got a Keurig.  So far, I like it, but what pods do you use?  I prefer the coffee I ground myself in my old pot.  This is so convenient, though.

LeeAnn, I hope you are enjoying a bit of a break from work.  Did you have a good Christmas?  How long are your kiddos out of school?  I just realized that I have no idea when college resumes for my kids.  Last semester for the twins!  I can't believe that it's going so fast.

Joanne,, I hope you husband is mending well. 

Stacy, the video of Alex celebrating his birthday is out of this world!  I love seeing what your family is up to.  You need to write a book.  So when does school resume for you?  What will you be taking next semester?

I'm getting over the cold.  I'm just coughing a bit now.  I am drinking lots of hot tea, which helps.  I picked up an old WIP today, a tote bag I'm making for school.  It's a spiral, so it gets old fast.  It's also tight little stitches (to make it a very sturdy bag) and it will take forever.  It was nice to do some crocheting today, though.  It's been a while.

So if your dh cleaned the kitchen, and moved all your spices which used to be organized by use, and organized them by size, would you be mad? 

Good morning!

Back to work today :-(

Beth. I often grind my own coffee and put it in one of the reusable pods that you can buy. I think I got mine at bed bath and beyond. Other than that, I've bought Dunkin, Starbucks, wawa , eight o'clock .....or whatever is on sale. It is convenient

DH is on the mend and has to call today to make a follow up appt for this week.

Well, in answer to your question, if DH cleaned the kitchen and re-organized the spices, I'd probably be mad for a moment, but then be glad he cleaned the kitchen. Lol

Leeann. Hope you are getting a little break. Loved the pic you posted of your family Hope you are getting to enjoy some time with them. They are growing up so fast

Stacy, great video celebrating Alex's birthday. You guys always do such neat things. Hope you are enjoying the break from school . I know my dd said she is enjoying her stay cation. I'll bet you are too , Beth!

Well, no stay cation for me....I got up early because I could nt sleep just thinking about all the work that is waiting for me I think it's time for a cup of coffee and then maybe I'll knit a row on the blanket I started for my oldest

Have a good day!

Hello everybody,

There are no words for how much I am dreading going back to school today.  That's why I'm on the computer messing around in stead of getting ready.  I hope you all have very enjoyable days.

Joanne, how is your dh doing?  Does he have more energy with the stint?

LeeAnn, how is work?  Are things a bit slower after the Christmas rush?  When do your kiddos go back to school?

Stacy, When do you and your kids start up again?  How many more classes do you have?

Well, I was sick most of my break, which I guess is good.  At least I am over the worst of it before I have to work again.  I feel like I missed out, though.  Not that I'd want to go back any way.  Hopefully, it will be a good day.

Good morning Ladies!!!

Remember me?  I am so so so sorry that I have been gone for so long.  Seems like life is just so busy. 

Joanne-how is your dh feeling?  Crossing my fingers for a speedy recovery for him.  How are you doing?  How's Paradise?  What's new on the yarn front?

Beth-oh no! I am so sorry that you were sick during most of your break.  Working with children is tough, I sure can relate.  I remember those days only too well.  Hopefully yesterday was a good day.  Are you still being moved from classroom to classroom?  What is new on the hooky front?  Are your inventions going back soon?

Stacy-you are one busy mama!  Keep up the good work my friend!

Things have not slowed down online, that's ok but I feel a teeny tiny bit stressed.  I am trying to take more time off to spend with the kiddos.  This last weekend we drove to Pueblo, they have a mall and a few stores that we do not have in Alamosa.  We had a wonderful time.  Sunday was spent trying to catch up on the never ending housework and at the ER.  My sweet daughter has not been feeling well.  She has been having fainting spells.  2 in the last 2 weeks.  She is wearing a little machine that is tracking her heart rate and such.  She has had quite a few tests done with normal results.  We are all worried but are trying to remain positive and not let her see us worry.  I had noticed that we were not eating as much protein and had moved more towards a vegetarian diet.  We were not supplementing for the lack of meats.  I have since created a menu along with healthy snacks for all of us.  It has taken a bit of time to get it all organized but we are doing it!  The kiddos are happy and are such good eaters.  They never complain about what I cook.

Here in the shop, it has slowed down but I am silently ok with it, I have been re-arranging, putting away the Christmas decorations and re-vamping some of the displays.  Last week I had to do inventory..wow!  I hadn't realized how time consuming that would be.  Still need to enter it all into the computer.  Hopefully sometime today.  My Craft A long classes are starting this week along with a structured Crochet Class on Saturday.  I have kits for my students along with a crochet needle set and booklet.  I am still re-arranging the back kitchen.  It is getting a slight make-over. 

Today was the first day of school for my kiddos.  They were both excited and ready to go back.  They missed their friends but will miss sleeping in. 

Back to paperwork. Love, hugs and squishes!

Hello!
So nice to hear from you, LeeAnn, I'm glad your Etsy store is keeping you busy.  It's tiring, but you are succeeding, and that's great!  I hope the kids had a good first day back to school.  It's getting a bit easier here.  The first two days were pretty good, except for the girl getting sick in my room right at lunch time...  Lovely.  I eat lunch in that room...  Any way, here's to Friday coming!!!

Joanne, how are the boys doing?  How is DH?  How is Paradise?  What are you working on now?  I am loving the Keurig.  Supposedly, you can't use the reusable baskets in the new one.  I haven't tried.  I can get my brand of coffee at BJ's for less than I thought it would cost, and since I'm not making whole pots and throwing coffee away, I think I'm going to break even, or even save a little money in the long run.  Probably not, when you factor in the price of the machine, but I love it!!!

Stacy, I hope you and your family are staying well.  I'm thinking of you!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!

Any big plans for the weekend? 

Beth-did the week go better?  How are you liking your Keurig?  I love mine but started making a pot of coffee in the morning but am going to go back to my Keurig as I am throwing out at least 3 cups of coffee.  Dh always says that he will grab a cup on his way out the door but somehow doesn't..so back to my own cup.  Less mess and much easier.  I use the lil baskets as I find the prepared cups are too strong for my tummy.

Joanne-thinking of you and hoping that you are doing well.

Stacy-has the new semester started?

I have been organizing my craft studio and blogging about it.  Joyce challenged me to clean up my craft studio as I was telling her how out of control it has gotten in there..I am always up for a challenge!  Back to blog land.  Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, how is the organizing going?  I'm sure you will appreciate the change.  I got some new shelves for my kitchen for Christmas, and rearranged it.  It is nice to have counter space for preparing food.  I'm sure organizing your craft area will have similar benefits.  School was challenging today.  There were 8 fights in the school today.  It's a big school, but not THAT big.

I am so glad it's a weekend.  I love my keurig.  I bought a big box of coffee from BJ's that's the type I was grinding myself.  It's just as good.  The new keurig doesn't accept other types of cups, unless you do some hacking.  I don't think the k-cups are too expensive when I buy them at BJ's in bulk.

So, are you working on any fun craft projects?  What are you planning for your craft club at the store?

Joanne, are you playing with any fun yarn projects?

Stacy, how are things in California?

Happy Saturday !!!!!

Soooo glad it's the weekend. We are short staffed at work and it's very busy. DH is doing well from his procedure, but now has a bad cold. He is on antibiotics since he is recovering from the surgery.

Today it am meeting dd and the boys at a park near her house for winterfest Not sure what is planned but will find out!

I've been knitting a blanket for my oldest and also crocheting an infinity scarf for a co- worker. And I just started a mosaic knitted blanket in a KAL on ravelry. I cast on last night. This will be something new and hopefully I get it.

I think of you all often Now it's time to get to the weekly cleaning Ugh!!!!!

Hi friends! 

Beth, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!  How is school going?  Are you still being moved from room to room? How are your inventions?  Have they started a new semester yet?  Your Keurig sounds wonderful.  :manyheart  Dh was going to buy me one for Chistmas, but I already have a french press and an espresso machine, so it didn't make much sense. 

Leeann, so glad to hear your online is doing well, but sorry you are stressed.  Fingers crossed that you figure out what is going on with your sweet dd.  Hopefully the protein helps.  Good luck with the organizing, and with your craft along.  Sounds like fun!

Joanne, how are those adorable boys?  How are dd and family doing in the new house?  Glad to hear your dh is recovering well.  Sounds like you are busy with knitting projects!  The mosaic one really sounds interesting.  Can't wait to see how it progresses!

Let's see...I go back to school on Feb. 9, so I still have a nice little break left.  I have much planned as far as organizing and cleaning, but so far haven't started.  I did, however, start a knitted blanket for Mia, and am re-reading Divergent, so a friend and I can see the movie together.  :lol  Those things are more important than cleaning, anyway, right? 

I am finally over the bronchitis, but my doctor prescribed a daily steroid inhaler as a preventative measure.  I also landed in the ER two weeks ago because I had weakness in both legs and one arm. The dr. ordered an EKG, CT scan, and blood work, and all came back fine.  My primary doc ordered more extensive blood work, and I should  have the results by next week. 

We had a nice break although we didn't do much.  We did get passes to Universal Studios, and the kiddos are so excited.  I personally like Knott's better, but Universal is only a 20-minute drive.  I'm sure my feelings will change once Harry Potter World opens in 2016.  :yes

Alex has gained a bit of weight so I'm going to ask his dr. about on his next appointment.  I'm not sure if it's related to the implant, or if he's just not getting enough exercise.  The girls each have two friends who are moving in the next month or so, so it is going to be pretty emotional around here.  Mia has been besties with one of hers since kinder, and the other one was the first friend she made at the new school.  Eva is friends with both girls' younger sisters.  Eva was already crying today, but I think Mia is still in denial.  :reyes 

Well,, I think that's all the news for now.  Love and hugs! 

Good morning

Happy hump day. I finally made to back to craft club Monday night ! I hadn't been in a few weeks with all that had been going on with DH. He is pretty much feeling better now. Work is still busy and short staffed ...... Today I'll leave a little early since I scheduled routine service/oil change for my car.

Stacy. Ooh what a scare that must have been with the weakness in yiur legs and arm. Positive thoughts for good results on the blood work. It's hard when Friends move away. I still remember my best friend moving away when I was about 8 Hugs to your girls. I think Alex weight gain could be due to the Implant. How he is doing? A co worker is going through a similar thing right now. And is in the process of legally changin his name. It's already been changed at work. You have the pointy sticks going too, I see. What blanket pattern are you knitting? I signed up for a sock class at the LYS. Going to learn two at a time. I'm excited.

Beth and lee ann hope life is treating you well this week. Time for me to get coffee, I fell asleep early last night so of course I'm up early this morning. May as well get a few things done around here.

Hello,

Stacy, the weakness in your arms and legs must have been terrifying.  I hope everything ends up OK.  I am wondering if Alex is gaining weight in preparation for a growth spurt -- he is that age.  I'm sorry your girls will have their friends moving away.  It can be hard.  At least they have a great family to give them support.  I think the blanket and book are much more important than cleaning. 

Joanne, I am happy to hear dh is doing well.  I'm sorry to hear work is still short-staffed.  How exciting to learn to knit socks!  I hope you have fun in the class.

LeeAnn, I hope things are going well for you.  How is everyone doing?

Well, my kids started school this week.  It is hard to get used to the schedule.  I have to be home by a certain time so my daughter can take my car to her evening classes.  So far, it's been fine.  I feel like my students are coming around, now that the year is half over.  I have 3 students who have completed the 6th grade curriculum.  They are starting PreAlgebra now.

I have been toying with a couple of my old projects, but I don't have much time or interest in them, really.

Good morning ladies!

Stacy-oh my gosh!  I sure do hope that the docs can offer you help and support.  Hugs n extra squishes to you!  Your Alex may sure be going thru a growth spurt, my children have both grown so much!  Seems like they are always needing some new kind of garment.  I am glad that you are taking time for yourself to do what you enjoy.  Life is always so busy, snatch up those moments when you can.

Joanne-so sorry to hear that you are still shortstaffed at work, will they be hiring anyone else soon?  Glad to hear that dh is feeling and doing better.  How are the grands?  And your beautiful dd's? 

Beth-that is super awesome that you have 3 students that have completed the curriculum!  woot woot!  Hang in there my friend, your craftyness will come around again, it may just need to time to rest.

Things were busy and crazy but I am feeling more at ease today..yesterday well that was a different story.  I feel like my workload is so heavy but making lists and crossing things off is helping.  I did get what I had planned to list on etsy done and all orders are shipped out.  Feels good. Today I am going to work on creating Etsy Team Treasuries, I only have to create 1 for a team that I am in, going to to knock that out and post updates on my blog and then crochet.  That is the plan.  :manyheart

Hugs and squishes to you all! 

Good morning!

Leeann, hope you got your treasury finished.  It's always helpful to make lists and cross things off, so you can actually see what you are accomplishing.  You are right with kids always needing some new garment.  Although thankfully when Alex was small, I kept all of his old clothes, so Mia and Eva have some things stashed away for when those growth spurts hit!  LoL

Beth, glad to hear school is going smoother now.  Good luck to your inventions this semester. How much longer do they have? 

Joanne, hope you made it through the icy weekend safely!  Will you make it to craft club tonight or are the roads still bad?  Good luck with the two-at-once sock class.  I've always wondered how to do that.  The blanket pattern I'm using is loosely based on this one.  The problem is that I didn't understand the diagram completely, I guess, and it's knit from side to side rather than top-down.  So I ended up working the pattern from top-down based on how I thought it would work.  LoL  And I also found this Snoopy graph  that I am going to try doing in the square of the blanket.  So fingers crossed that it actually works!  Because I've already gotten distracted and had to rip 3 times.  :/

We have had quite a weekend.  Mia's friend spent the night on Saturday, and niece slept over last night.  And of course the big game on Sunday, where my hubby almost had heart failure when the Seahawks game tied and went into OT!  BIL and one of dh's friends came to watch with him, so lots of people going in and out. 

I received the results of my blood work- low vitamin D was the only issue that showed up.  My total cholesterol is close to the 200-mark, also, so I am really working to have whole grains daily and get some exercise in. The doctor didn't comment on it, since it wasn't above 200, but my mom has cholesterol issues (as did my grandma) and it has always been something that I have dreaded.  Dh's company is involved in a wellness program this year, with healthy eating and exercise challenges, so I feel like that also comes at a good time, for motivation. 

Today we will head to the mall because I have something to return to JC Penney, and Eva needs one of her ponies fixed at Build-A-Bear.  Then we will go to the park, I think, because the kiddos really need to get out for a while.  I will probably take my knitting- it is much more slow-going than crochet, and I am hoping to have most of it done by the time I go back to school. 

Love and hugs!! 

Good afternoon ladies!

How are you all?  I bet busy as bee's buzzing around :lol

Stacy-I am glad that they found out what was wrong, it is difficult to squeeze in exercise for me but it so important.  Knitting sounds like so much fun!  I really want to get better at it, must practice.

Beth-how's it going?  Hope the work week is treating you well.

Joanne-how's dh?  How are you?  I hope that both of you are feeling well.  Looks like you all have had an extreme winter.  Do you have lots of snow?

Things are always busy, I am whipping up Valentine Gift Baskets..again...feels like it's a life cycle with the holidays.  This year's baskets are my favorite as I have personalized them a bit more.  Still have to whip up the New Paraben Free Lotions for them, can't wait to get them listed and here at the shop.  I will only have a small selection of them whipped up but will also be taking custom orders.

My friend Carmen is coming to the shop today, she is 72 years young and walks everywhere.  She is such a sweet lady.  She is coming to help me make pompoms for my wreath.  I am attempting to make a wreath for the back kitchen, can't seem to get it all done but we are sure having fun trying.

Craft night is this week along with another crochet class that I am teaching, hoping that I can get folks to sign up.  If not, that's ok, I will be here at the shop working on other goodies.

Guess I should get my lil teeny tiny desk cleaned up before Carmen gets here.  Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I hope you had a good time with Carmen.  How sweet that she came to help you!  It sounds like you are busy as always. 

Stacy, I hope the vitamin D helps.  I'm glad you recognize the family history with the cholesterol, and are nipping the problem in the bud.  Got to take care of yourself!  Good luck with the knitting.  I would like to knit more, but my best friend  saw my fumbling attempts at knitting one time, and was very harsh about how I hold the needles wrong, and now I have no confidence with it.  It's OK, I don't have time, either.  Enjoy your trip to Build A Bear.  That place is my daughter's kryptonite!  The two of us have so many of their animals!

Joanne, I hope paradise is treating you OK.  I had to work almost 12 hours yesterday, didn't get done, but had to go home.  Today, I only have a couple of things I need to finish up, mostly because my teacher lost a two-week record of the kids progress, and I have to try to recreate it.  But I plan to be home before 5 tonight.  I can dream!  I hope your family is well.  How is the knitting going?

I need to get a move on!  Today demands a second cup of coffee.

Top of the morning ladies!

Quick fly by, wanted to check in on all of you.  So happy that tomorrow is a teacher work day for you Beth!  Hang in there, the weekend is almost here.

Joanne-hoping this week has treated you well.

Stacy-funny spider story, I can totally relate, I saw something tiny crawling in the kitchen at the shop yesterday, I flew out the door like my hair was on fire.  :lol

hugs n squishes!

Computer blinked and I lost my post!  

LeeAnn, if your hair ever does actually catch on fire, don't run.  Stop, drop, and roll!!!  LOL  That is my public service announcement for today!  I believe running is the proper reaction to spiders in the kitchen, unless you have a flame thrower.  I hope you are well, the kids are having a good school year, and your weather is tolerable. 

Stacy, my son filled out his application to graduate yesterday.  He reminded his sister that she needs to do that, too.  She's going to get her advisor to help, since they changed up the classes she took a bit, and she strayed from the recommended path.   How are you enjoying your break? 

Joanne, happy Friday, dear friend!  Got any great plans for the weekend?  Will you get to see your grandsons?  I'll bet they are getting big.  Kids grow so fast!

I have an early dentist appointment today.  I guess it's good that I'm getting it over with.  I plan to crochet, get my hair cut, and make something amazing for dinner.  My oldest son came home from work with a bag of Pillosbury gluten free flour.  Now I need some inspiration as to what to make...

Good morning all

I am at DD's and am babysitting the boys all weekend!! Got here around 5 am. They are going snowboarding in vT for the weekend. They and my middle dd and friends used to go there every winter break in college. And sil proposed to dd on the mountain. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun, but I also took off Monday to recuperate. LOL. Knitting is coming along fine.....I have three projects going. Blanket for oldest, socks and a mosaic knot blanket that I started. Also have a cowl on the hooks. Lol.

Have a Good Friday....time to go get the boys dressed.

Good morning ladies!

Beth-your post had me laughing, too cute!  I love your sense of humor.  I read your post this morning, it's difficult to try to be happy.  I guess the old saying, "fake it till you make it" might help.  I know that when I was working in Early Childhood, I was just unhappy.  I am glad that I made the change, but it was difficult.  Did you have a better week?  Your inventions are graduating college? wow!  How did that happen so fast? 

Joanne-how was your weekend with your lovely grands?  They sure are growing up super fast!  Did your dd have an enjoyable time away? That is so nice of you to help her, she is so lucky.  How's are the hooky projects coming along?  And dh?  Hope he is feeling top notch!

Stacy-how's it going?  Any more scary spiders?  I hope not!  How is your dh doing?  We haven't heard about him in awhile, is he going taking classes and working as well?  How's the knitting project coming along?

Things of course are busy, this weekend is the Ice Fest, my business is sponsoring the event, combined with my Chamber position, I am keeping fairly busy.  Orders online have picked up-mostly bulk orders..lots of hours spent in the studio.  The family is doing well, DS was home sick yesterday with a cold, he is on the mend but I feel like I am catching it..I just can't! Trying to will myself to stay healthy..hoping and hoping that I can kick it before is settles in.

Guess I should get to the never ending paperwork.  Hugs n squishes!

Hi all

We survived the blizzard that wasn't. Well I did get about 10 inches and a snow day on Tuesday. The weekend was great. Had so much fun with the boys. It was hard going back to work yesterday.

I've got to get ready for work, but wanted to pop in and say hi....thinking about you!

LeeAnn, I hope you are staying well.  It sounds like you could use some rest -- you stay so busy.  I'm glad your business is doing so well.

Joanne, Your weekend sounds wonderful!  I'm glad you posted pics of your snow angels making snow angels!  That was enough of a blizzard -- we got a dusting of snow down here, but the roads stayed clear.

Stacy, your break is almost over. Are you ready to go back?

I am ready for the school year to be over.  We just finished the first semester.  The kids are so disrespectful and rude.  And I'm working with a male teacher who overlooks a lot from the girls and is harder on the boys when I tend to go easier on the boys and expect more from the girls.  So we have conflict.

Archived