Some good clean fun?!

Hi all,

I decided that I am not paid enough to work at home after my school hours, so if it doesn't get done, tough cookies!!!  And I feel a bit better.  I am going back to the new school today.  I need to get their rosters, so we can set up the computer programs for all the kids, but the school district is using new software to make the rosters, and it is not fully operational yet.  For the old school, I had the teacher's computer next to my computer, read the roster off hers, typed it into mine.  For all 6 classes.  Good thing I used to do data entry and haven't lost all my skills.

Joanne, tell me about the blankets you are knitting for everyone.  What colors do they like?  Do you have a favorite yarn for knitting?  Will you use a solid color, a variegated, or a combination of colors? 

LeeAnn, I'm assuming the washcloths you are making will be out of cotton.  What pattern(s) will you be using?  How many do you plan to make?

Stacy, have you had time to be creative lately?  How are the kids?  Does Alex feel any better?  Is he building muscles from all those pushups?  Lord have mercy, I think I'd die.  Would it help if you told him how impressed I am?

Looking forward to Friday.  Yesterday, a teacher told me that Friday may be a half day, since the schools were open late last night for orientation.  A half day sounds pretty good!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beth, the first blanket I used lion brand heartland in different colors I just garter stitch 30 rows of each color so it so striped. The one I'm making for dd is vanna's choice and I love this yarn in colors she picked out of my stash also doing 30 rows of each color but on this one I'm separating g the colors using gray stripes of about 8 rows. I'll try and get pics this weekend

:hi Hello my friends!

Beth-you are too  cute!  I am so very glad that it's Friday and that you are on your way to a 3 day weekend.. :clap   What will you do with yourself?  Hopefully relax and play with yarn.

Joanne-Your new ghans sound lovely, 30 rows knit..that would take me forever.  You are on the ball! 

Last night we had craft night, one lady was knitting-she is learning but is doing an amazing job. :clap   I am so proud of the ladies, they are all such busy beavers.  I am working on the face clothes.  Here is the link:

http://barbarabradford.blogspot.com/search/label/Scrubbies

Soo cute and soft too, I am using terry cloth yarn that I had in my stash, but I think you can use the Pipsqueak yarn.  I finished a couple of the dishcloths using some left over blue cotton.  They are priced and ready for selling.  We are supposed to have a busy weekend here in our small town.  We have a Car Show that is huge!  They close downtown main street Saturday evening so that the cars can cruise up and down..I am hoping to take a few pictures..how exciting!  They also have some sort of event tonight, I was able to score a two tickets..the hubby and I are going to enjoy dinner then rush home to take ds to his school dance..all in all it should be fun.

Other than that, nothing too exciting, what are you all doing this weekend?

Hugs n squishes!

I responded to this yesterday.  I don't know why it didn't post.  Oh well. 

LeeAnn, your washcloth pattern is very nice.  Are you making the baskets, too?  So cute!!!  I hope your son had a really good time at the dance.  Did he go with a bunch of friends?  Enjoy the car show.  That sounds like a lot of fun.

Joanne, I hope you had fun with the knitting . I can't wait to see the color combination that your daughter picked from your stash. 

Stacy, I hope the big birthday weekend is going great. 

Well, I met with my friends to crochet and drink coffee today.  It was nice, but I was really tired, and didn't stay the whole time.  Unfortunately, I was driving one of the other friends, so she had to leave early with me.  I haven't done much of anything today, but get my hair trimmed.  Oh, and a bunch of suits that I ordered came in.  I'm glad.  Now I have something nice to wear.

Happy birthday to Stacy !!!!!

Yesterday dd and the boys came over in the afternoon and played and stayed for dinner. And Robbie said Grammie for the first time !! He's really starting to say a lot of words now.

Today I am going to a baby shower in the afternoon for the daughter if a friend if mine. It should be fun since she always puts together a good time

Leeann hope you have fun at the car show

Beth sorry you were tired and had to leave your coffee and crochet group early but that's nice that yiur suits came in. It must have been suit day. Lol. My oldest emailed me to tell me she went to the new outlets by her in Boston. And she bought a new suit.

Enjoy the last day of August and again HAPPy BIRTHDAY. STACY!!!

Happy Labor Day!!!

I had a fun time at the baby shower. Thank goodness they had tents because we got quite the rain storm. It's another hot, humid day today. DH and I went to the outlets wand were there when they opened at 9. By the time we left at 10:30, it was starting to get crowded. We stopped at the farm market on the way home and we are in for the rest of the day!!!

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day!!!!

Good morning.

Joanne, I hope you had a great Labor Day.  So nice to get a day off.  It's a long time before my next one!  Did you find any good buys at the Outlet?

LeeAnn, How did the school dance go for your son?  How are things in Colorado?  Does it feel like fall there already?  The heat index here was over 100 degrees yesterday.  My son is glad that he his done working outside for the year. 

Stacy, I hope everybody is doing well. 

Yesterday, my sister's boyfriend proposed, and she said yes! Hooray for good news!

Top of the morning ladies!

Joanne-I am so very glad that you had a relaxing weekend.  I love buying fresh produce at the Farmer's Market.  Sounds like you were hit with tons of rain..wow!  Did you get to work on your knitting and crocheting?  How's that coming along?

Beth-Congratulations to your dear sister!  wohoo!  How exciting!  Did you enjoy your 3 day weekend?  I bet the next time off will not be until around Thanksgiving?

We had a good weekend.  Friday night after work the hubby and I went to the park.  They had a dinner and live music.  We sat and ate outdoors and visited with a few folks.  After that we rushed home to pick up ds to take him to his dance.  We also picked up dd as her friend was at the park totally lonely..very dramatic.  :lol   We dropped ds off at this dance, he had a good time with his girlfriend and their friends.  They hang out in a group.  Too cute!  While he was at the dance we went back to the park, dd hung out with her bestie and the hubby and I tried not to look too out of place.  They had free beer and the live music but since we are not drinkers of anything alcoholic..we just sat and watched folks act silly.   Around 9:45 we left and ran to walymart, the hubby needed to pick up a few things.  Dd and I sat in the car and waited...by then I was tuckered out.  We finally picked up Cristopher at 10:45 and were home by 11:15..what a long day. 

Saturday my shop and Joyce's shop were involved in a Scavenger Hunt.  We were each given tickets to place on our products.  The folks from the car show were given a few tickets and a map.  This brought them downtown..if they found their matching ticket they got the item for free.  I had 10 tickets in my shop Joyce had 50.  She has tons and I mean tons of merchandise.  This was an inexpensive way to advertise.  Folks were amazed at how many tickets we had hidden in our building.  We were slammed..like no room to walk.  Had a fairly good sale day but boy did I run.

On Sunday I was pretty much worn out..I sat and read and just relaxed.  Yesterday I had to put the pedal to the medal as they say and get all of my chores done.  Also poured candles....lotsa candles.  I ran out of wax..no more candle fun until the new shipment arrives later this week. 

Yikes!   Just looked at the clock, Off to the races..Have a great day ladies!

Hello,

One day of school done, 179 to go!  I had a helper from the office, which was REALLY nice.  There were some new students, some roster changes, and a software glitch that required some extensive fiddling to get the students in 7th grade running smoothly, but between the two of us, things couldn't be much better!  It will be a lot easier now, because of the way my friend set things up for me.  I feel bad for one teacher, though.  She has her students on B days, and I'm only going to be there on A days.  I will ask my boss if I can leave the other school early today to help her get through her first day.

LeeAnn, your weekend sounds like fun, but so very busy!  I'm glad your son had a good time at his dance.  High school seems to be very good for him.  The scavenger hunt sounds like a great promotion for your business. 

Joanne, I hope your short week is going by quickly.  I'm glad it's already Wednesday. 

Stacy, what's up in California? 

I need to get moving.  I had a rough time rising and shining this morning.  Hopefully the coffee will help.

Top of the morning!

Beth-so glad that the day went well for you.  Will you be working one on one with the students?

Worked late last night on a Candy Land Themed Soap order..almost done.  Whew!  Just finished custom creating the label, tonight I will finish up the last of the Spiced Gumdrop Soaps-have to roll them in clear soap then sugar for the sweetest effect then shrink wrap and lastly package..my favorite part!  All of it is pretty fun.  Will take pics along the way to show ya all.

Best get to that paperwork. Hugs n squishes!

Beth, sending lots of :hug :hug your way!  Sounds like they have you running all over the place.  Alex' school district just got a new information system as well, and it keeps reverting his name back to Isabella.  I've had to speak with the principal once, for something nobody thought to check when printing rosters.  Thankfully his teachers all know, so if something comes up, they fix it quickly.  How are your inventions liking their classes so far?

Leeann, hope you enjoyed the car show.  Sounds fun!  How was ds' school dance?

Joanne, the blankets sound so pretty!  I love Heartland but have yet to make anything with it.  Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Let's see...on Friday we went to the splash pad with my friend whose birthday is the same day as Eva's.  We had a small celebration for the three of us.  On Saturday we went to Knott's and Soak City, which is the water park next door.  We  only stayed at the water park fo 2 hours because Eva really did not like it!  On Sunday, we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to play games, then went out to dinner at Chili's.  And I got carded!  :yay:clap   I'm sure it was just a formality, but boy, did it feel good!  On Monday, dh, his brother, and a friend went dove hunting for opening day.  My dh is NOT a hunter, he prefers shooting for sport.  But they came back with a few birdies.  I took the kiddos to the old zoo, it was abandoned in 1966 when the new one opened.  We got to climb around in the cages and there were some small trails to hike on.  It was hot so we only stayed for a little while, with plans to go back with dh when it cools off. 

Yesterday I started class.  This semester I am taking 3 CD classes and a cinema class (to cover the humanities requirement.)  Dh has taken the cinema class so I should have some help there.  :lol

Well, My computer is telling me there's only 5% battery, so I better close it up before I lose this whole post!  Love and hugs!!!

Happy Sunday!!!

Stacy. Good luck with your classes this semester!!!

Beth. Hope that having an assistant to help will make things better. Work for me is just so dysfunctional. The one good thing is that I put in my time and leave at 4:30 now.

Leeann. How did it go yesterday?

We had such oppressively humid weather yesterday. We had a nice summer and now in sept we are getting hot humid weather. It's crazy. But we had some strong t storms last evening that have really helped. It's so much less humid today. We may head out to a local towns street fair today.

Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday!

Joanne, I'm glad your weather has improved.  I'm hoping ours will soon.  It has been record high temps for September so far.  And the a/c doesn't work in a lot of the classrooms in my new school.  I've been drained when I get home.  The street fairs sound fun!  I hope you have a good time.

LeeAnn, Enjoy your long weekend.  I hope you are getting some rest.

Stacy, I hope you are enjoying your CD classes.  You seem to have a crazy full load this semester. 

My son had his wisdom teeth removed on Thursday.  He is still so swollen.  I feel so helpless -- I want to make it all better, and I can't.  He's doing OK, though.  He's eating like nothing happened.  LOL  Boys!

I worked on my giant granny spiral-square a bit yesterday.  I don't pick it up as often as I should. 

Hello, and Happy Tuesday!

It is wet here -- roads under water type of wet!  I had to turn around on my way home yesterday because a road was flooded.  Today is worse.  My husband tried a couple of different routes to get to work, and couldn't proceed due to the floods.  My new school is a couple of blocks from where he was stopped the last time.  I'm not scheduled to go there today, but I printed a bunch of things for the teachers yesterday, and I was planning to deliver them today.

I hope you are all safe and dry. 

Good afternoon my friends!

Beth-oh no!  That is an awful lot of water!  Did you make it in today?  How is your ds feeling?  I hope the swelling went down.  Hoping that you had a day off..wouldn't that have been nice.  Any crocheting?

Joanne-I am so sorry to hear about your work but glad that you get to leave at a normal time, working late is for the birds..unless your me..then working late is "the norm" :lol   How are your grands?  Will they be moving into their own home soon?

Stacy-how ya doing?  I always think of you and Joanne when I hear about the pumpkin coffee's..a coffee right about now sounds delish.  Have you been able to get any hooky time in?

This weekend flew by in such a flurry.  On Saturday my dd went to her friends house for a sleepover, since we were dropping her oft at noon the hubby and I decided to stop in a the local farmers market.  He also treated me to lunch, what a nice surprise..then it was on to grocery shopping then home to clean.  Was able to get all of my chores done on Saturday.  Sunday and Monday were spent whipping up the fall soaps that I had listed on Etsy as well as a few more candles.  I seem to have caught the cold that had been working its way through our house.  I'm trying to take it easy but the constant sneezing and throat pain is making me miserable.  Can't wait to go home to my soft bed and just sleep. 

off to pricing and displaying.  Hugs n squishes!

Beth. Hope you did t get stuck in any flooded areas. Our weather cooled off on Sunday and DH and I went to a street fair. We had a lot of fun. After we got home dd, sil and the boys came over. They had gone to his dads to watch some football and then came here. Always so fun to be with the boys!!!

Leeann feel better!!!, they are scheduled to close the end of the month so a few more weeks of living out of suitcases. I went to cc last night and am on the border of the large granny afghan I'm making as a housewarming gift for dd and family.

Stacy. Hope all is well

Well DH just called and said dinner is ready. Lol. We r having hot dogs for the grill. Lol.

Good morning!  Happy Hump Day!!! 

Joanne, I'll bet your daughter won't know what to do with herself when she has a house of her own!  I hope the time flies by for her -- so hard to live out of suitcases.  Your weekend sounds lovely.  I hope you enjoyed your hotdog dinner! 

LeeAnn, feel better, sweetie!  No fun to have to work when you are sick.  The fall goodies sound amazing, as so much of your things do.  I just love the lotion.  I finished my last bar of soap, so much fun to pick the next one!  I'm using coffee bean now.  I love it!  Did you get anything amazing at the farmer's market?  How nice to go out to lunch with your dh. 

Stacy, I hope the kiddos are doing great in school.  Is Alex getting used to the pushups yet?  How are the girls doing?  How are your classes?  My daughter is taking engineering math, which is a cross between trigonometry and physics, both of which she's had.  She has an amazing teacher, and is doing really well in it. 

Work is actually getting better.  I know my way around the school, and I have a lot of good support, but some of the teachers who work with me are not math teachers.  They are special education teachers.  One in particular does not understand basic mathematics, like order of operations.  So she is teaching the kids to do things wrong.  And she gets upset because they are getting the wrong answers.  Poor lady, it's so frustrating.  I believe both teachers in my room at that time were originally trained in different fields, but are both teaching math now.  They are happy when I am there with them.

Good morning ladies!

Joanne-that is wonderful news!  Soon all of this will be a distant memory for your dd and sil.  Will they be moving into the house that they had originally wanted?  You are such a speedy crocheter!  You are going to finish that afghan soon.  I am so glad that you were able to make it to craft club, what a great way to start the week off.

Beth-your dd is amazing!  Her classes sound intense.  wowza!  And she and you understand it all :cheer   I am amazed at how folks can just "get it"  I have never been good at math, basic adding and subtracting but when it comes to Geometry and Algebra..my brain just doesn't think that way.  My ds is so good at math too.  I'm so very happy that work is getting better and that you are feeling more at ease, drastic change is so hard.   That is music to my ears that you like your soapies, folks love coffee bean and coffee mocha..I can't keep it in stock.  I love the fruit fragrances and the rain fragrances..they all make me soo happy. 

I tried going to bed early last night but couldn't sleep..dh and the kiddos took care of me.  Lil sweeties.  I feel a teeny tiny bit better, I did bring tea and honey with me today along with Motrin.  I am not one for meds of any kind but yesterday I seriously do not know what I did,..my head was soo swooshy I think I just sat here and zoned. 

off to make a cup of tea.  Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends!

Good morning ladies!

Quick fly by, still not feeling well.  This morning I got up to work on a custom order but made bubble bath instead of body spray...didn't realize that until I was driving into town..wow!  Hoping that I can shake this cold, it is really kicking my tush.

Have a fabulous Thursday ladies!  hugs n squishes

Hi

Oh, Leeann I hope you feel better soon

Beth. How is your dad. Keeping him and your family in my prayers

I watched the boys Friday night so dd could go out with one of her friends. We had so much fun!!

Yesterday I had my hair appt with DD's friend and then the usual grocery shopping, etc. it rained in the afternoon but today is gorgeous fall like weather. DH and I are going out to dinner tonight after the giants game to celebrate our anniversary which is tomorrow. I'm off work tomorrow so I should finish this dang afghan than!! LOL. Last night while watching the Rutgers football game I worked on the knitted afghan.

Have a wonderful Sunday

Joanne, I am glad you had such a fun weekend!  Happy Anniversary!!!  How many years?  We are having some of that cooler weather here, too.  It is so nice.. 

LeeAnn, I hope you are starting to feel better.

Stacy, I hope your classes aren't keeping you too busy.

I was working on my afghan, and found an error one the previous row.  I don't want to frog and fix.  It is taking me so long already.  I put a ch where it doesn't belong, so there is a whole in one of my shells.  I will probably have to go back and fix it.  It will bother me if I don't.  Boucle yarn is so hard to frog!  It's like pulling Velcro apart.

Archived