Some good clean fun?!

LeeAnn, I hope the Emergen C kicks in and you feel better quickly.  I'm glad the guys had fun camping.  Sounds like it was good for them.  I'm glad you spoiled your mom!  What a great way to spend a birthday!  you sound so busy.  I'm glad the new business is taking off.

The twins had their birthday this weekend.  It was odd, buying booze for my son to drink.  He really wanted to try it, but wanted to be home with no driving involved.  He still was quite moderate.  My daughter did NOT approve.  She's adorable.  She was so worried that he would make himself sick, when he was being very intelligent about the whole thing.  It was a nice quiet celebration. 

I have a job interview tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  It's only 20 hours a week, and it isn't a convenient store, as far as location, but I need to get out of that school before I end up with a stroke!  Those kids are just bad.

Joanne, How is your husband?  How are you?  How are the grandsons?

Stacy, Is Alex proud of his belt?  How does your girl like her pretty gun?  I had to laugh at that.  I loved it!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Good luck Beth!!! I totally understand having to get out of a stressful job situation. My DH is leaving his position on the advice of his doctor and going to teach at a local college. His last day is Friday. Now I am going to pick up the health insurance so less $ in my paycheck. Oh well. Happy birthday to your twins and congrats to Robert on the job. I'm sire the right thing will turn uo for Amanda. When dies yiur DH return?

I babysat for my grandsons on sat since dd had to take belle to the vet. She had a growth on her hind leg and is going to have to have surgery Thursday. I had fun with the boys and then we all went to DD's father-in-laws house on Sunday. Busy weekend! Last night was craft club and I a,is signed up for a KAL at my LYS. That starts fri night and will be making a log cabin blanket.

Leeann hope the emergen-c has done it's magic. I always carry some with me. Sounds like you had a fun time with your sisters and mom !!! Nice of your son to paint his own room!!!

Stacy. Legoland looks like lots of fun!! Great family memory!!!!!

Dinner is ready so off I go

Hugs

I got the job!!!  I didn't expect to be hired at the first interview, so I am in a bit of shock.  I wrote my resignation letter and e-mailed it, but haven't heard a peep from my current company.  I wonder if I should call and make sure they know it's not an April Fool's prank, since I sent it on April 1.  Spring break is next week, and the Wednesday after that is my last day with my current job.  I feel liberated!

Joanne, I'm glad your husband is actually listening to the doctor's advice.  I hope he enjoys teaching.  What classes will he be teaching?  I love to hear about you and your grandsons.  I'm glad you had a good time with them.  I'm sorry to hear about Belle, but so glad she's with a family who will take care of her.

LeeAnn, What's new in soap and lotion land?  I can't imagine how wonderful your shop smells.  I had a student comment on my lotion the other day.  I'm using the Tropical Vacation scented lotion.  It is very nice.

Stacy, I loved the picture of your kids and their package.  They all look so happy.  You have an adorable family. 

My husband comes home in one week and 13 hours!

Good morning ladies!

Going to try this again, I had a long message when I hit post it disappeared. 

Beth-Congratulations on the new job!  woohoo!  I am so excited for you.  That is just wonderful.  How neat that your ds wanted to be a responsible drinker, that is just fabulous.  What did he partake in?  I like a margarita about every 10 years lol but the other day I was thinking that a Pina Colada would be nice, never had one.  Thank you for the lovely lotion compliment, may you be transformed to somewhere wonderful. 

Joanne-I bet your dh will feel better after he switches out jobs, stress takes its toll on the body.  Your log cabin afghan sounds awesome!

Last night was Craft Night, we only had 2 ladies but enjoyed ourselves.  I finished the shawl that I was working on as well as the knit dishcloths, still working on the custom teddy bear afghan but hopefully soon I will finish that too.  I printed 3 new patterns this morning that I would like to try.  That is one of the best things about owing a yarn/product shop..I can make anything that I want and smell like a million bucks. 

Back to work, hugs n squishes!

Wonderful news about the job Beth!!! What a great load off your shoulders!!!! I am so happy for you!!! DH will be teaching Allied Health classes and maybe some business management classes next semester. He starts out 34 hrs/wk and then in the summer will be full time.  Hope it all works out.. Of course, I feel 'stuck' in my current situation so am trying to make the best of it. We need my health insurance right now.

LeeAnn- I saw the pic of the yes,yes shawl on FB---you did a wonderful job on it!!! It's beautiful!!!!!!

STacy- how are things in Cali?  Saw the pics of the girls opening their gifts from your mom--how sweet!!!

Belle had her surgery - they removed the growth from her hind leg- they kept her overnight and she is home- she has a cone on - so is not the happiest of campers--and hopefully the pathology report will bring good news.

The boys went to see the Easter bunny yesterday- Robbie cried- but they were able to get a pic without tears since he sat on DD's lap- they cut her out of the picture, but you can see her leg where Robbie is sitting- the pic came out cute anyway

Wishing you and your families a blessed Easter!

Joanne, I'll bet the boys were adorable with the Easter bunny.  I'm glad they managed to get a good photo.  Little ones can be challenging, but they are SO CUTE!!!  I am glad your husband listened to the doctor.  I'm not sure mine would.  I hope the new job helps him stay healthy.  I'm sorry you are stuck in your job.  How are your socks coming along?

LeeAnn, My daughter used my lotion today, and fell in love with it.  Your shawl is beautiful.  I think you have a pretty amazing job.  My best friends and I tease about opening a store that sells all our favorite things, but we wouldn't know how to begin.

Stacy, I love your pictures, but could you please tell your children to stop growing up so fast?  Particularly Alex.  he's getting so tall!   I hope everything is going great for you and your family.  How is teaching going?  When does your semester end?

Spring break is here, finally!  I am going to try to paint the kitchen, but the current paint is peeling, so I have a lot of prep work to do, and I hate that stuff!!!  So I'll be quite happy if I get it properly prepped this week.  I still don't know what color I want. 

Good evening ladies!

Beth-so happy that you are on Spring Break! :yay  :yay   Enjoy your time off, you are going to be busy painting but maybe you could enlist your kiddos for help.  :lol

Joanne-how neat that the grands were able to take a picture with the Easter Bunny.  Wonderful memories.  Did you make it to Craft Club?  How many ladies/gentlemen attend?

Happy Late Easter to you all as well!  We spent the holiday with the in-laws, no cooking for me. :clap   I was so relieved, I am burnt out on big events..seems like I am either getting ready for an event or cleaning up after one.  Speaking of, for the next Craft Night, I am going to be hosting an Origami Owl party along with the regular craft night, will work on that later this week.

I spent all day cleaning, washing laundry and re-organizing.  I feel like I am always organizing my craft studio.  It's difficult because I order containers in large bulk, they all come packaged without the lids.  So then I have one box of jars and another box with lids.  I am not sure why all of the companies do that but it does take time to get everything put together.  I cleaned out the closet and shelves and even cleaned out my yarn stash :D  I really do not have as much of a stash as I thought, what a relief!  I even re-organized the yarn at the shop..I'm  on a roll.  :lol

Going to just relax for bit.  Have a wonderful evening ladies!  hugs n squishes

LeeAnn, I'll bet the lids and containers are packaged separately because they are manufactured that way.  Everything is done by robots and assembly lines  The tops and bottoms probably don't meet until you put them together.  I am glad you got everything organized.  I could use some of that here..  How are your kiddos doing?  How is your hubby? 

Joanne, is everyone doing OK?  How are your socks progressing?

Well, I filled out paperwork for my new job, and I will use my next two weekends for computer training.  I will be in the store for 7 hours each day for 4 days.  I should learn something!  I haven't told my husband yet.  He comes home tonight, and I get to tell him I have to be at work in the morning.  I'll bet he'll be thrilled...  Maybe not so much.  My twins graduate on May 14 at 7 p.m.  I am happy for them.  They are the first of the grandchildren on my husband's side to get associates (or higher) degrees.  A nephew has a certificate for guitar repair, but that was a 6 month course.

off to buy new clothes for new jobs - both for me and my son the professional mechanic!!!

Beth, welcome home to your DH!!! How did he take the news about yiur new job? What are the twins going to do after they graduate? Are they planning to continue for bachelor's degrees? I think you said your son is going to be an auto mechanic. My son in law has his associates degree in that field and worked at it for a few years before changing careers and now is a corrections officer.

The socks are On hold right now. I'm working on a knit blanket for my youngest dd This way they will each have one. Next weekend middle dd and I are going to Boston to visit dd. She is off Monday for patriots day and the school where dd teaches is on spring break. I'm taking mon and tues off. Looking forward to being in Boston and hearing all about DD's recent vacation to Istanbul.

Tomorrow morning DH and I are meeting dd, sil and R&R for breakfast at IHOP.

Good afternoon lovely ladies!

Every day I try to get on here but then something comes up and I am pulled away. 

Joanne-That is soo awesome that you are knitting another afghan, I can't seem to get past the knit dishcloths.. :yes   They are fun and just work so well, makes washing dishes less of a chore.  What colors are you using?    I bet you had a great time with your dd's?  How fun!

Beth-Congratulations to your inventions!  How very proud you all must be :cheer   how's the new job?  Did you already start?  How was dh's business trip?  I bet he is more than excited to be home.

This week has flown by, another craft night tomorrow along with my very first Origami Owl party..cleaning up the kitchen as I have made quite a mess in two weeks.  I am like a tornado :lol   Other than that, I have an order for 60 Cheer soaps but have a few weeks to get them done. I will start on them this weekend and get a headstart.  Also need to print the custom labels but am waiting for approval from my customer.  The second Etsy shop is up and running, still have a few more items to add but I like that it is maintenance free..I am only listing the overage items.  They are in clear bags in my craft studio and bins, nice and tidy and just waiting to go home with someone. 

Best get back to work.  Hugs n squishes!

I am free!!!  I had my last day at the school today.  It was a good day, but I am SO glad I can choose when I go back.  I may still show up to volunteer from time to time with "my" kids.  I started training for the new job last weekend.  I go back again this weekend, and will be doing my orientation next weekend.  It's a bit of a slow process, but there is a lot of stuff to learn before I even hit the register for the first time.

LeeAnn, I am so glad you are having a good time with your stores.  How cool that you have several venues for your items.  I'll bet your kitchen can get a bit messy.  Aren't you too busy to clean most of the time? 

Joanne, I hope Paradise is treating you well, and your knitting is going well.

Stacy, how is school?

Beth. Woo hoo!!!! Lucky you!!!!!! So jealous!!!!!!

Paradise is paradise. Grateful for the job, but I do look forward to the end of the work day. At least I don't have to put in the crazy hours I was putting in Before when I was working on the project

Hair cut and color tomorrow. Then will probably pay a visit to the boys Sunday I head to Boston with middle dd. Can't wait !!!!

Think of you often, but spend my evenings knitting the blanket for youngest. Usually I'm not by the laptop and have my iPad with it's incessant auto correct so it takes longer to post

Hugs to you all !!,

Joann, how was Boston? I love the picture you posted on Facebook. I can see where your daughter gets her artistic talent. How is the knitted blanket coming along?

LeeAnn, your basket is amazing. If I didn't take a big pay cut, I would request one in strawberry for my sister.

Stacy, I hope you and Jorge and the kids are all well. Please tell them to stop growing so fast!

Top of the  morning ladies!

Beth-thank you for the lovely compliment,  my customer loved her Custom Gift Basket-she purchased it for one of her employees.  I love putting them together, I always think of the recipient and hope that they love everything that someone personally picked out.

Joanne-it is nice to crochet/knit in the evenings.  I hope that you had an amazing time in Boston :yay

Things are always so crazy here in my lil world.  A few weeks ago I started bike riding.  I am on my 3rd week and am loving those 30 minutes that I get all to myself.  It's still cold here but it's worth it!

I have also been really busy here at the shop, always so happy for sales.  I remember when I had lots of time while I was here to work online and such now if I hop on the computer it's for a quick message.  I have a lot of paperwork to catch up on at home but it feels good to be busy.  The large custom order for 60 soaps are coming along.  I ran out of my soap base-it should be delivered today and then I can start and finish the last 36 soaps..whew!  This one has been fun. 

I tidied up the back kitchen here at the shop this morning, if I don't keep up with the cleaning it will consume me.  My family has really helped out more.  They are really pretty good at cleaning up after themselves, I think I am the worst but my studio is always busy busy busy. 

Off to tackle a bit of paperwork and tidying up here at the shop.  Hugs n squishes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am glad to hear things are going well, LeeAnn,  Congrats on the 1000th Etsy sale.  I remember when you reached 100.  The bike riding sounds wonderful.  My only exercise now is playing in the garden.  I am really enjoying it.  It's good to hear your family is helping keep things up at home.

I still love my job.  The hours are not consistent:  22 the first week, 16 the second, 30 the third.  But I like the days off, so it's all fine.

Joanne, I hope Paradise is treating you well.  How is your dh doing?  How are the grandsons?

Stacy, when does your semester end?  My kids finished yesterday or today.  Weird that my babies are done, but my oldest hasn't really started yet.  He's decided to go for Radiology Technician.  He needs to start over.

'

Good afternoon ladies!

It's been awful quiet around here bet you are all getting ready for Summer. 

Beth-Congratulations to your inventions, your dd looks so cute in her cap and gown. :manyheart

Joanne-hope you are doing well and that paradise isn't keeping you too busy.

Stacy-any plans for the summer?

It has been a quiet morning here at the shop. I started a knit scarf going to work on that and then grab a bit to eat.  Miss all of you!

hugs n squishes! :ghug

H LeeAnn,

I love my job, but I am SO tired.  I am so proud of my twins.  I just wish my daughter would spend a little more energy on finding a new job, and a little less time playing video games.  My son is working full time in what's already summer heat here.  It was in the 90's yesterday. 

So what pattern are you using for your knit scarf?  I think it is so cool that you can play with yarn in more than one way!  I can't wait to see what soapy goodness you craft with your new molds.

Joanne and Stacy, I hope everything is going great for you!

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-the knit scarf that I am making is one row knit and the other purl.  I also knit the first/last 4 stitches each row.  This has helped with the curling that drives me crazy.  :lol   I like knitting if I do not have to think about it, when I have to count and knit, I get myself totally confused especially with decreases.

That is so neat that your inventions are all done with college.  My kiddos are all finished after today.  Cristopher had to go in to take a few finals today and Celine finished yesterday.   She had a Rite of Passage Ceremony last night.  They will both be in high school next year.  I am thrilled, I am loving the ages that they are now.  I know that soon they will be out doing their own thing.  I thought it would be more traumatizing for me.  :lol

I have been busy as usual but seems like I have become more efficient, I find myself getting things done faster..leaves more time fr yarny projects.

I started another project.  I try not to have too many going but one of the ladies in my crochet groups mother passed away.  I decided to make her a prayer shawl..my first one ever.  I am trying to have it done by  next Friday..back to hooking.

Hugs n squishes! :ghug

LeeAnn, it's cool that you are becoming more efficient with your shop.  Your knitting sounds like a good project, not too complicated  Congrats on having two high school kids.  It is a great age.  It keeps getting better, though.  I know what you mean about being traumatized by the kids growing up.  I was so close to crying at Amanda's graduation.  I know I won't get to keep them this close for much longer.

I took my crochet project to work today, and worked during my hour break.  It was fun, found out there are fellow crocheters who also work there. 

I still love my job, but I am REALLY tired!!!

Happy Memorial Day!!!,

I've been spending less and less time on the ville and more time on fb or ravelry. Work is work....and I'm grateful for an extra day off!!

We went to DD's for a barbecue yesterday. It was beautiful weather and we had a ball. Middle dd couldn't make it yesterday, so she came to visit her sister on Saturday. DH and I went down as well. So, all, in, all, it's been a nice relaxing weekend.

Beth, I hope you had a nice birthday!! And kudos to yiur twins on graduating! Do either of them plan on continuing their education? They earned their associate degrees, right? It doesn't seem like it could have been 4 years already since they started and would have earned a bachelors degree.....or has it been????? I know how time flies by...can't believe Ryan turns 4 in July ! Wasn't he just born??? Lol

Leeann. Wow both kiddos in hs!!! I bet Celine is excited! And congrats to cris on his scout achievement !! I often do a few knit stitches on either side I'm still working on youngest DD's blanket. And also working in a crochet shawl. Socks still on hold and made a mistake on the sweater I started and not sure how to fix it. I'll bring it to the LYS later this week to get advice. I got a cold last wed and stayed home Thursday in bed, went to work on Friday since if I didn't I wouldn't get paid for the holiday. Luckily, my boss let me go home at noon. I was supposed to go to the LYS for the KAL on Friday night, but I thought it was a good idea to not share my germs. By Saturday, I was feeling so much better and believe that rest, fluids, zinc, and emergen-c really helped

Stacy. Hope all is well woth you and the kiddos. How's school? Almost done?

Have a wonderful day!!

Happy Memorial Day!  After working 3 eight-hour shifts in a row, it is WONDERFUL to be off today!!! 

Joanne, I'm so glad you are feeling better after battling that cold.  I hope you had a great visit with your daughters.

We cooked out today.  I smoked a brisket.  I cooked it too long, though, and it was a little crunchy on the bottom.  The edible parts were quite good though. 

LeeAnn, I hope you are relaxing this weekend.  Did you close your shop today?

Stacy, I hope things are going great for you.  When is college done?  Did you get your degree?

Top of the morning ladies!

It has been a busy week here but that's my life.  I do enjoy being busy :manyheart

Beth-My shop was closed on Monday it's my day to create.  The family was home, it was nice to visit with them even though I was busy with orders.  I am always just a few steps away.  :yay   Your brisket sounded yummy!  I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your job and are getting more work days close together.  Are you required to do a lot of heavy lifting?

Joanne-how ya feeling?  These colds can linger for days.  Are you still going to Craft Club?  How's the knit sweater coming along?

Last night was Craft Night, had 3 new ladies, some come and go but we have a few that are regulars.  We all have such a good time laughing and chatting.

I am going to play hooky today and finish up my knit scarf.  I like to treat myself on Friday's to a bit of a free day here at the shop.  Hugs n squishes!

Hello Everybody, and Happy June!

LeeAnn, Did you get the scarf finished?  Is your shop closed every Monday?  How is the family doing?  Is school out for your kids already?  Do they have any summer plans?  It is good to hear that your craft club is growing.  I miss hanging out with people who are playing with yarn with me.

Joanne, How is your husband doing?  What are the grandsons up to?  What projects do you have going now?

I really like my job.  It's physically exhausting, though.  I stand up my entire shift.  The last two days were 8 hours each.  I do get to pick up some heavy things from time to time -- we are supposed to check for items hidden in the piles of bagged mulch, etc. that people have in their carts.  Pardon me while I check to see if you are a thief...  I don't like that part.  And some times, when I am working in the outdoor garden center, if we don't have any other customers, I will help a customer load their car.  I had a really creepy guy ask me for my phone number when his wife went to the car (ewwww!!!)  But the majority of my interactions are very pleasant.

I'm off today.  I need to get a bunch of things done here, but I'm probably going to take a nap first.

Don't work too hard!!!

Top of the morning ladies!

Beth-I am so happy to hear that you love your new job and that your work days are closer together, that makes time off much more enjoyable.  My kiddos are on Summer Vacation.  Cristopher has been hitting the pavement, he is out searching for a job.  I am proud of him, he has filled out quite a few applications and is really putting a lot of effort into it all.  I hope that someone will give him a chance, he is a hard worker, quiet but he is a strong young man that isn't afraid to get dirty.  My Celine is doing well, she has been enjoying her time off, she is really crafty, she has started cooking a lot and is really interested in baking.  Her friends are always inviting her to do something fun.  I was so grateful to have her here with me at the shop yesterday.  She is quite the worker. 

My shop is always closed on Mondays, it's my only day to really get into the studio and get product whipped up.  Seems like I spend quite a bit of time in the studio, something is always in the works.  I have much to do on Etsy as I have created NEW soaps but haven't had a chance to get them all listed.

Joanne-we miss you!  I hope that you are doing superb!  How's dh doing?  And those precious grands?

I finally finished the knit scarf.  I made Blooms with my new Bloom Loom.  One of my sweet customers gifted it to me, it is fun and fast.  My kind of craft.  Guess I better get to Etsy.  Have a wonderful day my friends!

Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-96878100-1433437688_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-36406700-1433437721_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-33928200-1433437758_thumb.jpg

Archived