Some good clean fun?!

Hello everybody,

Joanne, I'm glad your dh is doing so well after his surgery.  I'll bet he's enjoying the time off.  I'd love to have some time off!!!!  And my boss has already told me I'm working later in the summer to make up for the days I took off for the funeral -- bummer!  I can't believe you are almost done with that blanket.  You are impressive!  How long have you been knitting now?  Has it been a year?

LeeAnn, I'm glad your business is doing well.  It sounds like a challenge to keep up with everything.  I am so glad you had a baker step in and help with the cake for your group.  I like your menu.  Sounds like a party to me!  How did it go?

Stacy, Thinking of you, girl!  I hope everything is great for you and your amazing children, and heck, even that husband of yours! Play with any fun yarn lately?

I'm going to be lab administrator for a new class starting on Monday.  I have a lot of work to do in the office before then!  I hope I won't have to work this weekend.  Wish me luck!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top of the morning ladies!

How are you all on this Happy Friday?  I hope splendid!

Beth-crossing my fingers and toes that you do not have to work this weekend, are you excited about the new class?  How exciting!  That is a bummer that you will have to work longer in the summer.  How are the hooky projects coming along?

Joanne-that is great that your dh was up and driving so quickly!  Having a few days off is good for the soul.

Last night was magical!  We had 7 ladies, what fun!  They enjoyed the goodies and gifts,  I got a little choked up as I was thanking them for coming to our little group.  I feel like my life has changed in the last year in so many ways.  I am busier than I have ever been but I am also the happiest that I have ever felt.  My family is doing well and my business is doing great, I can't believe how much it has grown and how many awesome folks I have met because of it. 

Today I shall work on paperwork and then work on the lil owl scarf that I have been commissioned to make. can't wait to get it done..it's going to be soo cute!

hugs n squishes!

HI ladies!

Sorry I have been absent!  I am exhausted...midterms were last week, and I have a project due every week until finals.  The kiddos are good, getting very excited for Halloween!  Alex is going to be a zombie Merle from Walking Dead, Mia will be Pikachu from Pokemon, and Eva is going as pink Supergirl.  I'm glad that it is on Friday, so we can stay out a wee bit later.  My friend's dd is having her birthday party on Friday also, so we will stop by there to drop off the gift before going out trick-or-treating. 
Alex's name change is officially official!  Now to start the process of changing all the legal documents.  Birth cert first, then SS card, then ID...once the birth certificate is changed, we can also change his insurance card, which I am personally looking forward to.  His doctor has him listed as Alex (because she specializes in trans youth) but legally right now it is still his old name, so that's how all of the paperwork comes. 

The girls' school is up to renew their charter this year...I am :xfin :xfin that it is renewed, because I have seen such an improvement in both of their attitudes toward school this year.  Oh, and Mia got glasses! Which you all have seen on FB, I think. She is super-excited about them, and during Sunday's baseball game, she hit the ball twice!  That is huge because she hasn't even hit it during practice this entire season. :whew
Well, I think that is all the news from here.  I am very tired, so I am off to bed!  Will catch up with everyone's posts tomorrow.  Love and hugs! 

Good morning ladies!

Stacy-so nice to see your purple post!  I am so happy for you all, sounds like everything is falling into place for Alex, how very exciting!  The costumes your inventions picked out all sound adorable except for the Walking Dead, scary scary but fun! The guys in our house watch Walking Dead every week, they are addicted, Celine and I can't handle it, so we usually relax in my room and watch our own show or just chat.  We love chatting!

This week is going to be a busy one.  Yesterday was our first official day of celebrating.  We set up the table with lots of goodies, along with our drawing.  Tonight I have a chamber board meeting, did I tell you all that I am an official board member?  I told the hubby, I feel so important :lol   It is fun and I do love hearing about what is going on in our town first hand.

Cristopher has scouts this evening and Celine has drama..we are also having vehicle trouble.  Our Nissan Rodeo is at the mechanic shop as we speak..hoping that he can get it up and running.  Last night while we were dropping it off, the car died..wouldn't start.  We were able to jump it, then drove it to the auto mechanic store to buy a battery. I am glad that they were able to put it in, if not we would have had to call Cristopher-he is now the proud owner of a 2002 Pontiac.  :clap   My in-laws gave him their old car as they are getting ready to retire and do not need 4 vehicles.  He is so very excited, however he is letting us borrow it until we get the Rodeo fixed.  The van died on Friday.. :cry   it will be the next vehicle to get fixed along with dh's work truck..it is leaking oil..I tell ya..all of this has dh stressed.  I am trying to cheer him on, we will have everything working soon..it may just take a bit of adjusting.  Our vehicles are all older, but we are not wanting to purchase a new one.

Dd just text she forgot her dance shoes..mom to the rescue!  Have a great day ladies!  Hugs n squishes :ghug

LeeAnn, I'm sorry you are having vehicle problems.  That's the price you pay for older vehicles, but sometimes they are the best  When there is an emotional attachment, and they have been dependable for years, it's hard to part with them.  I think it is so awesome that your son lent you his car.  He must be so proud of himself!

Stacy, so good to hear from you.  It sounds like things are good, though busy.  I'm so glad things are moving along for Alex.   Is there any improvement in mood, or will that take a while?  Halloween sounds like it will be fun.  It is nice of them to have it on a Friday this year!

Joanne, Happy Hump Day!!!  I am so glad Friday is coming!

The classes are pretty horrible.  The kids are loud and extremely disrespectful.  They don't act like that for other teachers.  I don't know if it's a racial thing -- the teacher and I are both white -- or if we just aren't strong leaders, and the kids can sense that,,  We would both prefer to go in with a loving, nurturing heart, but the kids need the iron fists first.  I feel like the second day was better than the first day.  I told the teacher it will keep improving, and by Thanksgiving, we'll wonder why they pay us to do this job.  He laughed, and told me he'd give me a gift card to my favorite restaurant if that is true.

Hi LeeAnn, my sister loves her leaf soaps.  I hope your car situation is resolving itself.  Are you getting lots of extra business with Christmas around the corner?

Stacy, hang in there!  Your semester will be over before you know it.  I am glad the kids are all excited for Halloween. 

Joanne, I am so glad Friday is coming!  Do you get to spend time with your amazing grandsons?  How is the knitted blanket coming along? 

I still haven't finished a single square for my afghan.  I did a bunch of housework when I got home today, since my dd had a sewing accident, and cut the tip of her finger.  I'm glad her brother the lifeguard who is first-aid certified was home to bandage her up.

Top of the morning ladies!

I'm BACK!  Finally getting a chance to sip a cup of coffee and breathe..whew!  What a fun filled week.

Beth-I am so happy happy happy that your sissy loved her soapies.  I do love soaping!  it's one of my ultimate favorite things to do.  Oh now!  Is your dd ok?  Cutting off the tip of your finger is painful.  Hopefully she is healing up quickly.  I can't wait to see your finished projects, it's harder and harder to squeeze time in to hook.  I read about your Saturday-that is wonderful that you were able to meet with your friend and enjoy each others company.  woohoo!

Joanne-your lil grands are beyond adorable!  how very sweet they looked!  How are you this fine weekend?

Stacy-you are one busy lady!  That is soo awesome that everything is falling into place with Alex.  I bet he is relieved to have things progressing.  How was your Halloween?

I woke up early and decided to soap.  The family cleaned yesterday but today I will tackle the bathrooms and sweep/mop.  I have a super long list of goodies to whip up..must start on Christmas soaps and such.  It has been super busy at the shop.  So happy for that!  The upcoming holidays worry me but I think I will make it..just keep creating and crocheting.  The commissioned crochet pieces are coming along, still have quite a way to go but I am making progress.

Have a great day my friends!  Off to soapy land.  hugs n squishes!

Hi

I had a few days off last week...well actually only worked one day. DH had his 2nd cataract surgery a week ago Monday, I worked Tues and I had the rest of the week off. Spent a lot of time with dd and the boys. Went to Ryan's preschool on Friday for their Halloween parade, then trick or treating with them in their new neighborhood Saturday was my youngest DD's birthday and they had a party at their new house. They went out afterwards with some friends and I babysat. Sunday was spent catching up on things at home and yesterday was back to work.

Will try and catch up on the posts after work. Have a good day!

I only have about 8 rows left on the knitted blanket!!!! :-)

Hiya ladies!

How is everyone?  It feels like ages since I have posted.  I bet all of you are so very busy!

Joanne-can't wait to see  your knitted blankie, I can't believe that you are almost finished, you are fast!  wowza!

Beth-so sorry to hear that your job is so icky but glad to hear that the kiddos are so warm and welcoming, that makes a world of difference!  Hugs!  Hang in there my friend!

I have been running as usual..I seriously don't know if I am washing or hanging out to dry :no ..this week I went out of town with my friend Kathy for a day and a half..the hubby watched the shop for me.  You would have thought I had been gone for a month, I had soo much to catch up on.  The crochet orders are still awaiting completion and for the first time ever I am seriously behind on shop orders..I am off this Saturday..going to do some serious catching up and Christmas making.  Lots and I mean LOTS of new yarn/thread arrived while I was away..had to add 3 more displays to my crowded lil shop..I am using ever square inch of available space.  I am hoping that it doesn't look to overstocked but it's only going to fill up more with the holiday goodies that will be arriving.  I am excited to put all of the gift sets together and of course add the holiday lights.  I just  took down all of the pumpkin lights and wreath..going to dig out all of the x-mas goodies this weekend.  It sounds early but being that it is such a process, it takes me forever to get it all up. 

off to work on etsy for awhile.  hugs n squishes!

Happy Saturday!!!!!

Going for a manicure this morning- then to ACMoore to use a 55% off coupon!!!  Tonight I'm babysitting for the boys-can't wait to see them!!!

I only have about 5 more rows on the knit afghan---and LeeAnn, I started this in August, so not sure how 'quick' this is getting done---LOL--it's taken me about 3 mos!!! LOL

I'm having fun with the mystery CAL on Ravelry-

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/muggins-magic-hang-out

Off to pour my 2nd cup of coffee and get the day started

have an awesome Saturday!!!

Joanne, congrats on finishing the blanket!  It's amazing!!!  Which daughter is this for?  Lucky girl. 

LeeAnn, remember to take some time for yourself in between all the work you do for your shop.  I hope you'll post pictures when you get the decorating done for Christmas.  I think all the new yarn is amazing!  What fun to carry so many things you love in your shop!

Stacy, I hope you are hanging in there OK with all the assignments for school.

I am having a VERY hard time at work.  The kids are so bad.  I can't help the few who want to work because the others are causing so much distraction.  And I am supposed to be working in two rooms at the same time.  They are probably 2 city blocks apart -- it's a big school.

Beth, the blanket is for my middle dd, the hs art teacher and artist. The 1 year anniversary of her print shop is this sat so I'll bring it to her then.

So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time at work. I can totally relate. Hugs, my friend!!!

Top of the morning friends!

Beth-so very sorry to hear about your work situation, hugs n extra squishes!

Joanne-your afghan is beautiful!  Stunning!  I like how warm and comfy it looks!  The colors are great as well!

I am here at the shop..kinda feeling lost..not sure where to start with changing things out, I forgot the lights at home for the display cases.  I started cleaning but am feeling so distracted..not sure what's going on with me.  Think I will take a break and re-group then start working again.

hugs n squishes~!

LeeAnn, I hope you got yourself jump-started, and made progress in your new decorating.  It sure sounds like fun.  How are the Christmas soapies coming along?  I saw the trees, they are adorable!

Joanne, I love that your daughter will get her blanket on her first anniversary for her shop.  I can't believe it's already been a year.  The picture of you and the boys reading together is beyond adorable!  They are getting so big so fast!

Stacy, you are in my thoughts.  I hope things are going well for you, dear friend.

Today was a half day at school, and I wasted my time off puttering around on Facebook.  I did move our modem and wireless router.  Now I'm going to start preparing Mongolian Beef Stir Fry, following and actual recipe for once in my life!!!  I am trying one or two new recipes every week now.

Hi guys!

So sorry I have been absent...each time I post, I promise myself I will come back and check up again...and then I get sidetracked.  :reyes

Beth, I hope your dd's finger is better by now!  How painful to cut off the tip!  Sorry to hear the kids are giving you trouble.  How in the world do they expect you to be in two rooms at once?

Leeann, you sound like such a busy bee, as always!  I'm so happy that your business is thriving.  I am proud of you, my friend.  :hug

Joanne, glad to hear dh's surgery went well.  Your blanket is gorgeous!  Congrats to your dd on her 1 year anniversary- how exciting!  The pic you posted on FB of you and the boys is so sweet.  I thought of you when the 'Bux holiday drinks came back...I stopped to get a Caramel Brulee latte like 3 times last week.  :eek  But then my gift card ran out, so I have been limiting myself.  :rofl 

Let's see...school has really kept me busy- I literally have a project due every week from now until finals!  But I only need 3 more classes, and I will be able to apply for my child development permit!  My registration date is on the 20th, so I'm hoping I can get the ones I need. 

The kiddos are doing well.  Report cards came out two weeks ago, but something happened with the computer system at the girls' school, so I still haven't gotten Mia's.  I did speak to her teacher, and he said she is one of the top math students in the class!  :yay  He was SO surprised to hear she struggled last year...on one test, she was the only one in the class that passed!  I am over-the-moon thrilled with this new school.

Alex's mood swings have not changed, and his dr. said they probably won't go away entirely, because the blocker implant essentially threw him into a menopause-like state.  We switched bedrooms with the kids, though, so they have the bigger one, took the bunk beds apart, and put up a divider so the girls have one side and he has the other.  That seems to have helped a bit.  He feels like he has privacy now.

Oh!  And BIL and fam moved out.  They are staying with MIL now...long story, but it is much less stressful here now.

As for my hooks and needles...I just finished a knitted hat and Bella mittens for my mom's Christmas gift.  She also wants a Mermaid Tears purse, so I am starting that today or tomorrow.  A friend of a friend saw the Care Bears blanket I made on FB and my friend somehow got an order for a baby blanket from her.  I am using Caron 1-pounder, and a simple shell stitch.  That has to be finished by Dec. 17.  I take it with me to baseball practice and games, though, so it is working up quickly.

Well, that's all the news from here.  I need to figure out what's for dinner before heading off to class.  Love and hugs! 

Good afternoon ladies!

Stacy-oh my gosh!  Hang in there Alex!  It will get better, it must be tough going thru puberty and having everything else change too.  He can do it!  You are one busy gal!  I can't imagine having more than my two kiddos, they have us running.  Your new CareBear afghan sounds soo cute!

Beth-I can sit and surf the net all day..it really sucks me in. :lol   How are the hooky projects coming along?

Joanne-hoping that your week is as fantastic as you are!

I finally cleaned yesterday and just now finished putting up the lights and dusting..whew!  I also started my train themed display case.  Have the soapy village and trees just need to get the train whipped up and the santa and and and.

I am making a small dent in my Christmas soapies, going to add the trees to etsy, I do love these round lil trees.  The white ones are my favorite with the sparkly glitter..too cute!

I have a new order for 2 more of the hooded scarves.  I am making progress on my orders, have two scarves, a hooded scarf, an owl coffee cozy and a cowl made and ready.  :clap  Need one more cozy, a rat scarf, 2 sashay scarves, 2 Christmas stockings and the 2 hooded scarves.  I think I can!  I think I can!  The hooded scarves will be fairly easy as it's a pattern that I have used before..so grateful!  And the owl cozy should be done today. 

Going to take a break and have a bit of hooky time.  Hugs n squishes!

Good lord almighty, LeeAnn!  How in tarnation do you get all that done and run a physical shop and an etsy shop at the same time?  I'm tired listening to you!

Stacy, so happy to hear that the girls are doing so well in school!  I am glad things are a bit better with Alex.  It wouldn't be fun to have all those changes going on at once.  Poor kid -- but he's a tough guy, he can take it!  Good luck with all the projects.  How exciting to see the end in sight.  Thanks for posting about registration.  The kids needed to register last week.  I hope they can still get their classes!

Joanne, I hope all is well with you and your family. 

I have been up since 3:30.  I would love a real night of sleep some time soon.

Hi and happy Friday.

Just read through the posts but no time to comment other than to say I love those projects LeeAnn!! They are so cute!!!

Stacy. I had a gingerbread latte!!!! Lol

Here are the squares from the first clue of the mystery cAL.

post-27163-0-04285600-1415963261_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, love the owls!  Those are adorable!!!

Joanne, the squares are very pretty!  I can't wait to see the finished project.

Stacy, I hope you are doing well.  thanks for the reminder about registration.  I reminded my kids to register.  Only one noticed it was registration time, and already took care of it.  You saved the other two.

Good evening!

Beth, glad I could help!   :lol  I'm kind of bummed, because I found out I have an overpayment, which must be repaid in order to register for next semester.  If it's not one thing, it's another. 

Joanne, your squares are so pretty!  Have you tried the chestnut praline latte?  I want to, but am afraid it will be bad.

Leann, you are always SO busy!  I'm with Beth- I don't know how you do it!  :whew  How are the kiddos?

I went to the Urgent Care yesterday because this cough will not go away- turns out I have asthma-induced bronchitis.  :eek  The doctor gave me a prescription for an inhaler- I am really hoping it kicks in soon because I have a presentation tomorrow! 

Today was Mia's last baseball game.  I have to say, I'm not sad to see the season end.  It was a good game for Mia- she actually got to play infield for the first time all season!  And the coach gave her 'player of the game.'  Her coach from last season took his kiddos to the game, then we all went out for pizza afterward.  It was fun, his boys are wonderful and all of the kids get along really well. 

The wind is really kicking up here, though, and Mia and Eva are both feeling under the weather.  I think they will go to work with dh tomorrow.  I am so thankful that he is able to take them, it is a huge help when they are sick and I can't stay home.  :yes

Well, I guess I better scoot and see what needs to be done for tomorrow.  Love and hugs!

Stacy, so sorry to hear about you and the girls being sick.  I hope your men-folk are tough enough to avoid the bug.  It is nice that you have an option for when the kids are sick.  I used to use up all my sick days taking care of sick kids, then didn't have any for myself.

Joanne, can't wait to see your finished project.  The squares are so pretty.  How did the print shop's auction go?

LeeAnn, do you get a break after Christmas? Did you get everything decorated yet?

Well, I am dreading going to work today. I just need to concentrate on the students who are doing better because I'm there, and ignore the ones who make things bad for everyone.

Hi. I'm still here just busy. Stacy, I. Haven't tried the new drink at the box either. For the same reason. I wish you could get a sample. Too much money if it doesn't taste good.

I started yet another project. A lapghan by red heart called country fields. I love it!!!! I was getting bored with the squares since I have to think so much when making them. Lol. My brain. Is tired at the end of the day and I need mindless lol. I'm also knitting g a cables head warmer for my niece. My sis in law had sent me a out of one and my friend at craft club write up a oattern for it based on the picture and even knit a sample. She's so talented !!!

Well I'd better get to bed. The alarm will go off much sooner than. I'd like

Sorry if there are typos. I'm on he iPad and too tired to proofread. Lol

Archived