Some good clean fun?!

LeeAnn, I will work on my afghan when I post this.  I am glad you had a chance to work on your mom's.  How is it coming?  It is very good for a spender to get a job.  My sons have always worked hard because they like their technology. 

Joanne, I hope you are having a good week.  Is this your vacation? 

I took the car to the mechanic today, and he got it running smoothly again.  I need to take it to the A/C shop to get that fixed, then I hope it will be good for a couple more years.  At least. 

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I begin vacation on Thursday. It will be interesting. My dd and sil close on their current house Friday and May have to wait to close in the new one. I'll probably know more tomorrow night.

I'm on the iPad now and will try to post from the computer soon. DH is using it now

Keep on hooking Beth and Leeann

Good morning

It's been a rough couple of days. Dd and he family are at her mil house. Seems like the woman they are buying the house from is dragging her feet. This house may not happen. It may not be worth the trouble to sue her for breech of contract. We'll see what happens today. This on top of the death of her father. I told her that things have a way if working out and maybe this is something that wasn't meant to be and maybe they will find something better if this doesn't pan out.

They signed the papers on their house yesterday so I think today she just wants us all to do something fun with the boys

Hugs!!

Top of the morning ladies!

Joanne-wow!  Your dd is dealing with a lot, I am positive that it will all work out but I am sure that while she is enjoying staying with her mil, it has to be tough.  Hugs to you all!  Happy Vacation as well!  Will you be traveling?

Beth-I bet you are making tons of progress on your ghan! So proud of you!  I didn't get a chance to work on mine yesterday but today after finishing up paperwork I plan to at least get an hour in.  Seems like every time I pull it out someone walks in.  I am determined and am thinking that I am on the last leg of ripples.  Border thoughts are swirling in my mind..hmm??  Not sure what the blankie needs.

Other than that, nothing too exciting,..going to think of new ways to promote the shop..any ideas?

guess I should get to that paperwork, hugs n squishes!

Hi,

Joanne, :hugfor your dd.  I'm sorry things look so bleak right now - going from the excitement of the new house to the sadness at the passing of her father, the breach of contract on top of that must be so frustrating. I hope she gets along well with her MIL.  It isn't the best of circumstances.  I hope you are having a good vacation.  This is the last day I have on summer hours, and I miss them already.

LeeAnn,  I am always impressed with the ideas you come up with to promote your shop.  I hope you've come up with something brilliant.  I am sorry I can't help.  The only thing that popped in my head is children's parties, but I have no clue if that would be something you could do, or would want to do.

They changed my job again, and I'm pretty fed up.  I'll tell you more later.  Got to take the cat to the vet for his vaccinations now.

Good morning.

Beth. Yes dd gets along very well with her mil!! They actually lived with her for a bit before they got their first house. I just hope for her sake that things get sorted out quickly. We had a nice day yesterday. We went for a mani pedi and she treated me. Totally unnecessary but she insisted. We took the boys to their favorite park in the afternoon.

It's another gorgeous day here. DH and I already went to the waterfront for a while this morning. Now I have to clean. Oh joy! Lol

Have a great day,

Hello ladies and Happy Saturday!

wow!  The morning has flown by!  I came in with a mission to clean the windows..took me 2 hours but I did it!  Cleaned both shop windows on the inside, need the outside...but am going to buy a squeegee and make it a little easier.  whew!

Joanne-oohh laaa laaa a mani and pedi sounds just wonderful!  do you get the gel/shellack nail polish? 

Beth-that is just terrible that they are going to split you between two middle schools, will you have to travel quite a bit?  how's the ghan coming along?  I am happy to say that they never ending ripple is almost finished.  I worked my tail feathers off yesterday and last night..I have two more rows on the border and then tucking in ends..woohoo!  I can not wait!

It has been a fairly slow morning here at the shop, going to work on etsy and then pull out the ghan.

have a wonderful weekend ladies!  hugs n squishes!

Hi, 

Joanne, what fun to get a mani-pedi with your dd!  I hope the house situation gets resolved soon.  How stressful for everyone!

LeeAnn, Sorry your day at the shop was slow.  I think the squeegee sounds like a good investment.  Congrats on the progress on the afghan.  I took the spiral granny square with me when I sat in the a/c shop to get the car fixed (3 hours!) but didn't get much progress, since I found a mistake in the previous row, and frogged it.  I am back to where I was, though, and it looks so much better now that it's been fixed.  I haven't pulled it out all weekend.

The school they added is actually closer to my house than the one I went to last year.  I'm really stressed because there is a big report I've been assigned to complete every month, and they aren't giving me the time in the office to prepare it.  Also, I'm going to be using a different system than I used last year, and I'm supposed to help train a gentleman who will be using a third system that I've never been trained to use, much less actual experience using it.  I feel like I'm being asked to teach someone to knit since I know how to crochet, and they're obviously the same thing, right?  I don't like failing, but I think I will this year.  I've been very emotional about it all weekend.  I want to quit. 

Good morning

Beth--I feel for you! I feel that in my current position we have been given unrealistic expectations of what we can actually get done in an 8 hr day. If I had the money, I'd have quit, but alas I don't. Looking forward to being off this week. Yesterday dd and sil went to look at some houses and we watched the boys. Then they all stayed for dinner. They hopefully find something out today from the lawyer. I told her that whatever will be will be and that there is a reason. And that karma has a way of coming back at you when you do something like this lady is doing to them.

Leeann. I think a squeegee is an excellent idea. I have been knitting the blanket for dd and did a looooong round on the never ending granny yesterday morning. Now youngest dd wants a knit blanket too. I took the boys for a walk while dd and sil took a nap on the recliners. She used the knit blanket I finished and asked if I could make one for her. I told her yes, but I first have to finish the one for her sister and they take longer to make than crochet ones, So at this rate, I may as well make one for my oldest too. I'll be making garter stitch blankets for a while now

We did FaceTime with my oldest and sang happy birthday to her. Ryan loved it and so did dd!!!

Well time to pour another cup of coffee and go knit for a while. Hugs!

Good afternoon!

Well yesterday I had a whole long post typed out, and my browser closed suddenly!  Technology.  :no

Joanne, so sorry to hear what is happening with your dd and the house.  Fingers crossed that they find something soon.  It is nice that her MIL is letting them stay with her, but there is nothing like having your own space.  Enjoy your vacation.  I read that the Bux is bringing back the PSL early this year!  Aug. 25 for gold card members.  :clap

Beth, :hug  It really stinks that they have so many expectations of you, without you actually knowing the systems.  And a monthly report on top of it!  Is there someone you can talk to about getting more office time?

Leeann, congrats on finishing your mission to clean the windows!  Are you close to being finished with your 'ghan?  How are your chickens?

Things have been hopping over here.  The kids all started school last week.  The girls love their new school, and Eva even told me I can start dropping them off rather than walking in with them.  That is a huge improvement from the past 4 years!  So either she is growing up  or this new school is really making a difference already.  Alex likes his new school.  Although they just started PT today...so we will see if he is still enthusiastic!  LoL  He is in the afterschool program and and really seems to enjoy it.  Once they get the music room all cleaned up, they will be learning how to play guitar. He has one here at home, so it will be easy for him to practice.

This Thursday, we have a consultation for the hormone blocker implant.  Then next week, we are going to file for his name change.  It takes 6 weeks from the day we file, to get the court date.  So in about 2 months, his name will legally be Alex.  :clap  

My IL's are still here.  BIL was under the impression that SIL was looking for a job, but she does not plan to work right now.  She also hasn't been looking for apartments.  So I have no clue how much longer they will be here.  We had planned to look for a new place around October (which they knew about), and I think we are still going ahead with that.  I really want something closer to the schools.  Right now we leave at 7 a.m. just to get everyone where they have to be. 

Well, time to go figure out what's for dinner.  Love and hugs! 

Stacy, I am so happy to hear that the girls love their school.  That makes things so very much easier!  It sounds like Alex is doing well, too.  I wish him the best of luck.  One of my sons has started learning to play guitar using a computer game.  He's been at it for about 6 months now, and it sounds pretty good.  I'm so glad Alex will be starting younger.  Easier to learn when you are younger.  Leaving at 7 is rough. 

Joanne, I am sorry to hear your bosses and my bosses are related.  LOL.  It's hard when you are willing to work hard, but you have unrealistic expectations.  I'll bet your dd loved her birthday song from Ryan!  It sounds SO sweet!!!  Sounds like you will be knitting a lot in the near future.  How nice to have your work appreciated, though.

LeeAnn, I hope things are going well.  Are your kids back in school?  My kids (the ones I gave birth to) start college this week.  The ones I work with in the classrooms start after Labor Day.  It is actually the law in Virginia that public schools have to start after Labor Day.  Schools can apply for permission to start earlier, and some do, but most don't.

Have a good one!

Beth, where can I sign up for that law?!  LoL!!  The kids start so early now, and really aren't getting out sooner because of it.  I have friends whose kids go back the last week of August and still get out in May.  Anywho...a spiral granny square sounds really cool!  Are you making it for someone in particular?  Sorry if I missed that part.

Alex just called and said he is feeling sick, so off I go to pick him up.  Love and hugs!

Top of the day ladies!

Stacy-It's soo wonderful to see your purple posts, missed you!  I am so glad to hear that all of your inventions are doing well in school.  That is an early commute.  Hopefully your company will find a new place to call home and you all can find a place closer to the schools.  How are your classes going?

Beth-that is just terrible that they keep giving you more responsibilities..employers somehow take advantage of their employees and their is nothing we can do about it.  I hope that it all works itself out.  That is awesome that in your state the kiddos can not go back to school until September, we never started school in August but the last few years the start date is earlier.  My kiddos start school this Friday, they are not excited to get back into the swing of things even though they miss their friends.

Joanne-hoping that you are still on Vacation, did you have a relaxing weekend?  That is soo sweet of your dd's to want afghans an knit..wowza!  That  would take me a year at least, what colors are you thinking for the new ghans?

Yesterday we made the two hour trek to Pueblo to pick up my new ring..so excited!  I even slept with it on.  Here's a picture and I FINALLY finished the afghan for my mom.  I delivered it to her on Sunday, she was over the moon happy with it.

Must get to my "To Do" list, hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-70411000-1408468889_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-15722200-1408468988_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-92981400-1408469019_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-50478100-1408469047_thumb.jpg

Stacy, I hope Alex feels better soon.  Is he OK today?  I would understand starting earlier and ending earlier, as far as the school year goes, but I don't like the sound of starting earlier and ending later.  Have you started back to college again?  I don't have a home for my afghan, or the one I just finished.  When I get this one done, I intend to post pictures on Facebook, and ask my family members if anybody would like one. 

LeeAnn, your ring is so pretty!  You must be over the moon with it!  Your mom's afghan turned out beautifully.  The edging looks very nice.  I am so proud of you for finishing in August!  You lave lots of time to spare, too.

Joanne, I hope you have a fun day!  Lots of knitting planned?

My husband stayed home from work today to take my daughter to her eye exam.  I'm worried -- she didn't study for it!  LOL.  He is going to take me out to lunch!!!  I'm all aflutter!!!  

Hello ladies!

Beth-your lunch date sounds like so much fun!  And with a good looking man.  :manyheart  he he hope your dd passed her eye exam especially since she didn't study.  I LOVE your humor!  It always makes me smile and giggle.

Stacy-is Alex feeling better?  Is he tired?  Hope he feels better soon.

Joanne-what's on the agenda today? 

I have been on a crocheting whirl.  I finished the shawl/wrap/hooded scarf that I had been working on in between the afghan.  I am thinking of starting a fall ghan.  Something easy like a rectangular granny but first I want to make crochet dishcloths/washcloths to add to a soap bar for gift sets now for the holidays.  I have a large skein of cotton yarn and some left over blue yarn that I can use..I am pretty sure I have quite a bit of yarn in my stash that can be utilized. 

Here's a pic of the new shawl..back to paperwork..all of this crocheting is too much fun!

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-35660400-1408556532_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-07757600-1408556557_thumb.jpg

Hellooo!

Leeann, your ring is gorgeous!  How exciting to get a new one!  The shawl and afghan are beautiful, as well.  Which yarn did you use for the shawl?  I love the color.  Good luck to your kiddos going back to school.  How odd to start on a Friday.  Why not just wait until after the weekend?

Beth, you crack me up.  I hope your dd did well with her eye exam, even though she didn't study.  :wink  How wonderful to have a lunch date with hubby!  Very sweet of you to post the pic of the blanket on FB and ask if anyone in your family wants it.  I'm sure it will find a great home. How are your inventions?  Has their semester started yet?

Joanne, hope you are enjoying your vacation! :hug How is the house hunting going for dd?

Eva has started with the crying before school again.  SIL took her to school yesterday, and told her she should tell me she wants to be homeschooled instead...so now she no longer wants to go.  :sigh  And she did SO well last week.

Alex is feeling better.  He was tired, I think.  They have to do 50 or so push-ups in PE daily, and he is sore.  He didn't want to go back today, either...but I asked him what he expected from a junior police academy?  :lol   It is something they do daily so I'm sure he will get used to it soon. 

I came home and baked today after dropping the kids off.  I made pumpkin bread, brownies, and pumpkin cinnamon rolls.  I need to whip up a batch of cookies so Mia doesn't feel left out.  There is laundry on my bed, waiting to be folded.  But that doesn't have to be done until right before bedtime, yes?  :lol    I also need to finish up a blanket for a friend's birthday, so I should probably go work on that while it is still quiet.  Love and hugs!  

Stacy, you make me tired.  I'll bet your house smells like heaven.  I'm glad Alex is feeling better.  What an adjustment!  I'd be miserable if I had to do 50 pushups!  (I couldn't do it!!!)  He is going to grow some muscles!  I'm sure your SIL means well, but what a rotten thing to say to a kid who is just starting to adjust to school!  I hope she returns to her happy state soon.

LeeAnn, the shawl is beautiful!  I, too, would like to know what yarn you used.  It's lovely.

Joanne thinking of you, hoping you are having an amazing time.

My hot date with my husband included my daughter, so it wasn't exactly a hot date.  It was a very nice break to go out.  The restaurant we chose is a little hot dog/sausage/hamburger place that sits on a dock in a marina.  It's a bit overpriced, but not too bad compared to the rest of the places in the area, and it's good.   And my husband said he'd go back there again, so it was ok!

Good morning!

Can't believe it's Friday already! Yesterday, middle dd came over after working at her art camp job and youngest and the boys came over too. We headed down to the beach and brought a picnic dinner. The boys lived eating in the beach. We had such a fun time. Middle dd went Into the ocean but the rest of us were happy to walk along the beach and get our feet wet! Lol. On the way home we stopped for ice cream and middle dd stayed over and left for work from here.

Things are going back and forth with the owner of the house that dd is buying It's really a stressful time for them. I was glad that we had some fun yesterday.

Today I plan on doing laundry and the usual weekly cleaning so I won't have it do it on the weekend when DH is home.

While home this week, we had a guy come fix the railing on the front steps and another guy fix the drain in our tub. We had some issues with internet and it turns out the problem was outside so the cable engineer had to come and it's straightened out. He did say that he put in an order to have new underground lines put in That will take about two weeks but he said we should be fine in the meantime. So far so good.

It's hard to believe that kiddos are heading back to school. The kids here don't go back till after Labor Day. Dd starts her new teaching job on Thursday.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!!

Top of the morning ladies!

The yarn that i used for the wrap is called Sensations Rainbow Boucle Yarn, I truly love the way this yarn works up, it takes a bit of getting used to, the ladies at my crochet group do not like it, but I adore the way it works up.  Super soft and scrumptious.

http://www.joann.com/jo-ann-sensations-rainbow-boucle-yarn/prd33456.html

Joanne-That is great that you were able to dip your toes at the beach and spend time with your wonderful dd's and grands.  :c9 Will you get to relax today?  Household chores feel like they are never done, seems like we always have something that needs replaced/fixed.  How's the crocheting/knitting coming along?

Beth-hoping that you were able to find out where you were going today, that had to have been stressful.  Any plans for the weekend?

Stacy-are your kiddos back to normal?  How's Eva doing?  Did you finish your hooky project that you were working on?  Your deserts sound just yummy!  I bet everyone was in heaven.

Thank you for the compliments on my ring, I really feel very lavish and blingy but that's ok..I still love it.  Considering it took 18 years to get this one..I imagine my next ring will be far off into the future. :lol

Yesterday I decided to re-arrange the shop yet again.  I bought the last of the shelves that I need for the shop.  One of the local turquoise shops is closing, she is retiring.  Anywho...was able to score a great deal on a spinny shelf and another glass shelf.  Since I had to drop dd off at school yesterday by 7, I came into the shop and started..what a mess!  I had a vision of how I wanted it all to look like..I think I did it.  I have told myself, this is it, it's going to stay this way until after the holidays.  It's good to switch things up but I was getting ridiculous with it.  I took one of the old cupboards, a small one that had glass in the front home, it was too low to the floor, folks do not like bending over..not one bit..eye level it is.  I am going to post pics on facebook come take a stroll with me.

The kiddos officially started school today, they were excited and happy that it was only for one day.  :lol   I am taking it easy today, going to work on washcloths.  Hugs n squishes!

Good morning and happy Sunday!

Can't believe my vacation is coming to an end !

Leeann. I forgot to comment on your gorgeous ring. It is stunning! And all your projects are beautiful!!! I'll bet your shop looks great!!!

Beth. How are things going with your crazy schedule? I love that scarf that your friend knitted for you!!!!! She did such a great job on it!

Stacy. Hope that you are able to find a place near the kids school. Dd and sil are still in limbo with their house. They may close mid sept. I almost feel like they should just start looking all over again. I haven't spoken to dd since Friday so don't know the latest. They had a family get together yesterday at my son-in-laws uncles place.

Today is going to be a relaxing day. A little reading, knitting and maybe see the boys for a while. Have a good day!!!

Just lost my post.  This computer -- when I try to backspace, it takes me back a page on the web browser, and I lose my post.  That's what I get for typing messily.

Joanne, your Sunday plans sound so nice.  I'd love to do the exact same thing as you, except crocheting instead of knitting.  I hope you get a little time with the boys.  I feel for your daughter.  I'm so glad they have a place to stay while they are in closing limbo. 

LeeAnn, How did the kiddos like school?  It is weird to start on a Friday, but nice to have one day then a break.  Are they getting Labor Day off?  Seems like they are easing into the routine.  I didn't spend much time on the computer yesterday.  I can't wait to check out the pictures of your shop.

Stacy, What are you looking for in a house, besides location?  Will you rent or buy?  Is the girls' school close to Alex's school?  His school sounds so cool, except for the pushups.  Is he adjusting to those yet?  When do your college classes start?  My kids had their first classes on Wednesday and Thursday, so we are back in the swing of things now.  Well, I'm not.  I worked with 2 LA's at my old school last week.  On Monday, I work with the 3rd one (and possibly one or both of the other two as well.)  On Tuesday, I meet with the math department at my new school.  I am SO glad they invited me to join their meeting.  Now I am stressed about dressing professionally, what am I going to say, etc.  I ordered some suits online, but I doubt they'll get to me on time.  I guess I'll just wear my teacher clothes.

I need to construct a spreadsheet, or two or five.  Take care!

Good afternoon ladies!

Remember me??  I was lost in soapy land but am finally able to take a breath and catch up. 

Joanne-did you have a relaxing Sunday?  Hope you were able to ease back into the work week and were able to attend Craft Night last night.  How are things working out for your dd?  I hope the house situation works out soon, I imagine she is feeling pretty stressed.  Moving always adds a bit of pressure.

Beth-did you get your spreadsheets done?  How is your work week going? Any crocheting?  I am glad that your inventions are easing back into the swing of things.  How did your meeting go?  I hope well??

Stacy-how's it going?  Are your kiddos feeling better?  How's the new semester?  What class will you be taking?

The kiddos are easing back to school.  Ds is taking one college class..he's kinda stressed about it.  I can't believe that he is taking the same class that I had taken in college while he is a Junior in high school..talk about ahead of the game.  Last night we ordered his book and registered him as a college student..seems so weird.  He is also adjusting to having a girlfriend at school.  I am thinking this may work itself out soon. 

My dd is busy as a bee, she has decided not to join drama this year..but still has a full schedule..secretly I am glad that she made that decisions..she was starting to spread herself out too thin..wonder where she got that from?

I haven't picked up a hook in days..this week Craft Night here in the back kitchen will resume.  I am going to work on dishcloths, I want to package them with soap now for the holidays..so much to do. 

I blogged about the newly re-decorated shop here:

http://leeannsheavenscents.blogspot.com/2014/08/redecorating.html

However things have changed a little more..I ordered rubber duckie decals.they just arrived, can't wait to put them all over the shop..they are soo cute!  And the duck shower curtain, it will be hang behind one of the shelves that faces the window..my windows are getting a makeover too..must hang up the new white lights. I had bought blue and white lights last year but only used the blue ones..going to switch them out.  I am hoping that this will bring in folks..they can see the lights when they pass by at night.

Guess I should get back to work.  Hugs n squishes friends!

Hello, 

LeeAnn, I love your shop!  It is adorable -- bright, colorful, appealing.  I'll bet it smells good, too.  I'm glad your dd took one thing out of the mix.  It is great that she wants to do a lot, experience a lot.  My kids started taking college courses as juniors.  It helped when they graduated from home school, that they had a couple of college credits under their belts already.  Also, I couldn't teach art history, so I'm glad my dd took it.

Joanne, Happy Hump Day!  Is it hard to be back at work?

Stacy, How are the kiddos doing in school?

Well, I have at least 11 teachers at the new school, and one of them is downright hostile.  She's a special education teacher, and says our program just won't work for her kids.  Not enough fun and games involved.  ELEVEN teachers!  I can't do this.   I just want to quit.  I won't, but I want to.  I am very unhappy with everything at work right now.

Good Morning almost afternoon ladies!

Beth-I am so sorry that this school year is a bit icky. It is so difficult to work with hostile folks.  I feel for you. :hug   It reminded me of a few of my old jobs..wow!  I am not sure why but as I get older, I am more sensitive to folks and their energy.  It sounds silly but I just can't handle it...it hurts my spirit.  I was reading yesterday in one of my essential oil booklets on how to promote inner peace with fragrance oils.  Sounds a bit hippy but it's worth a try.  I think what it does is give you an inner advantage.  What do you think?  Here is the recipe :

Chamomile, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lavandin, Petitgrain, Tagates and Vetiver or  you can buy the Essential oil, it's called Peace from Edens Garden. You just add a few drops to a carrier oil such as olive, almond oil and massage on the bottom of your feet. 

You can also buy the essential oil:

http://www.edensgarden.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=peace&product_id=226#.U_4ZdaOCUTA

It has been a bit slow here today, I did get all of the ducky goodies up, so cute!  Going to work on a bit of paperwork before the day gets away from me. 

Hugs n squishes ladies!

Hi,

I feel like I put in a full week already and it's only Wednesday !! Beth, I feel for you !!! Life is too short!!! I really wish I could quit too. Work is so dysfunctional now. Thank goodness I leave every day on time now unlike when . I was working on that project

Lee Ann I love the way you have done up your shop It is so inviting!!!!!!! My DDs took some college courses in hs too. I think it was great that they started with some credits under their belt. My oldest started with a full semester of credits!!!

Going to unwind with the needles or hook for a bit and then call it an early night

Archived