Some good clean fun?!

Hi,

LeeAnn, You are always so busy.  I think you are wise to get as prepared as possible ahead of time.  I saw a very cute desert for the 4th.  I don't know what's on the bottom, but it is covered with something white and fluffy, like whipped cream, with the flag "drawn" on it:  blueberries in the upper left to represent the field of stars, and rows of sliced strawberries (with white spaces in between) to represent the stripes.  That would be good on a cheesecake, or some kind of a pudding base...

We have no plans for the 4th, except for the hurricane coming this way.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI ladies!

Beth-sounds like an amazing dish!  My ds asked for Cherry Cheesecake..sounds easy enough.  I am going to definitely cheat and buy the Jello No bake version.  I usually make it all homemade, but I really think the box kind taste delicious.  I will have to run to the grocery store tomorrow after work or perhaps before as it may just be crazy towards the end of the day.

Today has been a busy kind of day.  Not busy in my shop but in Joyce's..I was working hard ringing up sales, answering questions and running back and forth..whew!

I was going to sit and crochet but should really get back to etsy..before I putter out for the day.

hugs n squishes!

Cherry cheesecake sounds delicious.  I don't blame you for using the mix.  You are working so hard with your store and Etsy business.  I think it's great that you are doing anything at al!

I like the new dentist.  He takes lots of breaks when he's drilling keeps things as light as possible, and uses humor.  I was still shaking like a  leaf, but we got through it.  My nose was numb, though.  He filled one on the upper right, one on the lower left, so I was REALLY numb for a few hours. 

Joanne, I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne-hoping that you are having the best time every.

Beth-I am so very glad that your new dentist is super attentive.  That is great that he is taking little breaks. At times I think they forget that their are real humans behind the teeth.  :lol  

Lately I feel like I am living here at the shop, I am here on average 6 days a week..I am in desperate need of a break.  I like being busy but am feeling restless..when Joyce is here I can run a quick errand but when I am here by myself..I am stuck.  Not that I mind but sometimes it feels good to just get out.

Going to work on  my spreadsheets..tax time is here again.. :(   Have a Happy 4th of July my friends!  Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, is your son getting driving practice in?  Is he going to get his license soon?  I was talking to a friend whose 20 year-old son doesn't have his license yet -- it would be so freeing for her if he could drive himself to college.  I know how she feels.  I was there a couple years ago.  Sorry you feel stuck in the shop.  I hope Joyce comes back soon, so you can escape from time to time.  That makes a huge difference.

We are getting lots of rain today.  I took the pit bull out -- he came out, then dived for the cover of the front porch again, so I had to fight with him to keep him in the yard until he took care of business.  He was happy to get back in the house.  I didn't even try to take out the other dog.  She hates getting wet!  It isn't even raining particularly hard.  Wimpy dogs!  LOL

I stayed up too late for the first night of my vacation.  I feel great, though. 

Happy 4th. Although it is going to be a rainy one here too. It is supposed to clear up tonight and be a gorgeous weekend. We had a wonderful time away. Visited with dd on Sunday and then went to nh and Maine. The weather was sunny and hot, but by the water it was much cooler. I'm still off till next Wed, but DH goes back to work on Monday.

It feels good to be home and since it's rainy, I'm getting the laundry done.

Enjoy the day!!!!

Joanne, I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip.  I would love to hear all about it. 

It turned out to be a lovely day here.  The storm was gone before anybody else got up. 

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth- so glad that the storm has passed.  That is funny that your doggie doesn't like the water..can't say I blame him.  I would rather be dry.  My ds has been practicing his driving, he goes in next month to get his official driver's license.  It will be wonderful, he is such a cautious driver but I still can not feel 100% comfortable with his driving. 

Joanne-can't wait to hear about your vacation.

It has been busy here at the shop today.  We have the Local Farmer's Market that just opened up across the street.  I think this is helping pull folks in. 

Yesterday we had a nice time at the in-laws, the cheesecakes were a hit.  The kids were in heaven.  So glad that I made two.  Worked on soapies last night but didn't get them out in the mail this morning like I wanted to..my printer was not printing, I think I have to change our the printer cartridges but didn't have time to mess with it this morning.  Will work on it tonight.

Tomorrow we are headed back to the mountains for another load of wood. This will be my last load of the summer, I just can't keep going, it is taking me from all of my other chores and what I need to be doing.  I should be getting ready for my Christmas in July sale.  It will start on July 10 and run through July 20..lots to do before then.

customer just walked in..BBL!  hugs n squishes!

Good morning

So nice to be off again on another Monday!!!

On Saturday, DH, DD and the boys went to a park that has a 'spray area' and a great play area that is specifically designed for ages 2-5!! It was so much fun. They had a blast!!!  Ryan had a 'favorite slide' and I think Robbie enjoyed the spray park the most--he loves the water!!! This park is located close to where DD will be moving!! Yesterday, DH and I headed to the beach- in a town where there are lots of little shops and also a nice boardwalk to go walking on. The beach in this town doesn't open until noon on Sunday and there are benches all along the boardwalk. So after walking for a bit, we settled down on a bench facing the ocean and read books for a while. So nice!!! Then we walked around the shops and stopped to have lunch.

A quick synopsis of my vacation-on Sunday we left early and spent the day with DD= we arrived around 10:30 and after eating the bagels we brought up, we went to the Harvard Book Store warehouse sale and I picked up a few books for the boys and for me- at super prices!!! We then went to a new area that is being developed in Somerville, which is where DD lives- outlets and areas to sit along the water. I was able to get DD her birthday (in August) present while we were there!! We went out to dinner and then went to a favorite Ice cream shop for dessert.  We headed to NH that evening and stayed Portsmouth which is about an hour north of Boston! We spent a couple of days there and went to Kittery Maine and to Portland Maine as well. We spent an afternoon by York beach- which is where Nubble Lighthouse is- it was so nice and relaxing. We had a nice vacation and have decided that next summer we may rent a house for a week at York Beach in Maine. DH really likes it there and so do I.  I loved Portland- it's a smaller Boston- and it was nice to stroll around the shops and the port. I had a lobster roll for lunch when we were there. It's about 2 hours from Boston and 1 hour from where we were staying in Portsmouth NH. I love New England!!!!

Hope you all have a good day!!!

Joanne, your vacation sounds lovely!  I am so glad you had a nice, relaxing trip.  How lovely to be off another day, too.  The splash park/playground sounds perfect for two little guys! What fun!

Leeann, how are your preparations coming for your Christmas in July sale?  I hope you aren't pushing too hard.

I had a great morning with my two best crochet buddies, then drove one around a bit (her car is broken) and took her out to lunch for Thai food.  It was great.  I am wishing for a nap about now -- maybe I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow.

Vacation has been great so far.  I highly recommend it!

:hi besties!

Remember me?!  Sorry it's been so long...we have lots of things going on right now and some big changes taking place.  It's taken much adjusting on everyone's part and my younger two just aren't having it.  :shrug  Anywho...I'll have to go back and read through to see what you all are up to. I keep up on FB but of course it's not the same!

I haven't posted on FB specifically about this, but Isabella informed us the day before Mother's Day that she is transgender and wants to go by Alex.  We have received support from almost everyone.  We attend a support group once a month and have a wonderful therapist.  Mia and Eva aren't having the easiest time with the transition, though.  Mia cries every once in a while and Eva is acting out. We have assured them that he is the same person but with a different name. Alex is in Portland visiting friends until the 14th, so we have been able to spend time with just the younger two and they seem to be enjoying that.  :yes

My BIL and fam have finally moved over here for good, and they are staying with us until they find a place.  Hopefully that will happen soon. 

The kids have all switched schools for next year.  Alex is going to a police academy magnet school, and will be learning about forensics, communication, and leadership.  He is excited.  The littles are going to a charter school, which will be a huge help for Mia, I think.  It's a student-based learning curriculum, rather than teacher-led.  The kids are given all of the goals they need to meet and the teachers work with them to figure out how they can reach them best.  :yay   I love their old school, but they switched principals 6 times last year! There was no consistency at all. 

Next semester, I am taking 18 units.  It will be busy, but I need to get these classes finished so that I can take the practicum courses in the spring and be done!

Well, I think that's all the news from here. I'll have to go back and see what you all have been up to!  Love and hugs!  

Good afternoon ladies!

Stacy-Welcome back my friend! :hug   I am betting that all of the changes are stressful and overwhelming.  You children are so very blessed to have such wonderful and understanding parents.  So proud of you and your wonderful dh!  Keep up the good work! 

Beth-your vacation sounds just wonderful and relaxing!  So glad that you are getting to enjoy it.  How's the hooky project coming along?

Joanne-what a great vacation!  WOW!  I have never been to the beach before but sitting by the water, sipping a delicious drink and reading..can't bet better than that.  :manyheart   Have you been crocheting/knitting?

Things are always so busy.  Sunday we hauled wood..the last for me this summer.  While I enjoy it, I have lots to keep me busy.  No need for me to kill myself.  I have been working like a busy bee putting my Christmas in July sale together.  I still have the sandwich board to get together, dh is coming over after work to install the casters on the bottom, then the tracks and finally the letters.  I have everything here and ready for him, just have to get it done.  Have my Flyer sent out to the Chamber of Commerce, posted it on FB, on my blog and sent out a mass email.  I am also having a drawing, here at the shop and FB, please do not forget to enter..the gift basket is going to be stocked full of goodies.

Thinking of gift basket, still have to put that together..hmmm..back to my long list of to do's.  hugs n extra squishes!

Hi!!!

So happy to see your post, Stacy. I think of you often!!! You and your family have been going through quite a lot. I'm glad that you are comfortable enough to share. What grade will Alex be in next year? The magnet school sounds great as do the charter schools. I hope that all will thrive in their new environments next year!!!! You are sure going to have a full course load next semester but I don't blame you for wanting to get finished!!!

Lee Ann yes, I've been knitting while in vacation. I have 36 more rows to do on the knitted blanket and have 2 scarves on the needles. I was missing crochet so went out to the garage and pulled out some yarn and started a crochet never ending square blanket today. Using I love this yarn in Denim blue and high Sierra stripe and Caron Pounder in lace. I also did quite a lot of reading. I'm sorry to see my vacation end. I could get used to this!!!! Good luck with getting everything done tonight

Beth. Your first day of vacation spent with friends, coffee and crochet sounds perfect Enjoy the rest if your time off :-)

We went to the spray park again yesterday and had a picnic lunch. It was a fun day and the boys had a ball and so did we. It was nice to be able to that on a weekday!!!!

I probably won't get on in the morning so will wish you all a happy Wednesday!

Grrr, lost my post.  Let's try again:

Stacy, so good to hear from you!  You've had a lot of changes in your life.  Tell Alex that his school sounds like a lot of fun to me!  How cool!  I also love the idea of student-led learning -- that's what my homeschool philosophy was.  I hope the girls love it!  It sounds so much more interesting than sitting in a crowded, hot room with 30 other bored kids, trying to absorb what the teacher is trying to force on you.  Good luck with the heavy course load.  You'll be done soon!!!  And I'm sure you can do this.  You are SO smart!

Joanne, vacation is wonderful!  I hope your first day back isn't too difficult.  The splash park sounds like a treat!  I love to hear children laughing -- I'll bet that park is full of that beautiful music.

LeeAnn, tomorrow is your big day!  I will definitely look for the drawing for free goodies.  You know how I feel about your goodies!!!  I hope your sale is super successful!  Does it feel good to be done bringing in the firewood?  It is a lot of work.  So nice in the winter, though.  There's nothing like a nice fire.

I feel like I worked hard yesterday.  I got most of my to-do list done, though.  I broke the glass for my son's window (it was too big, and I messed up trying to cut it down to size.)  So I need to redo that, but I have better measurements now.  I didn't do much crocheting, but I found a magazine rack put out for trash pickup (Yep, I'm one of those people) that is the most fantastic project holder.  It's shaped like a V.  The balls of yarn fit in the bottom, the afghan can go on the top, kind of spilling over -- I love how it looks next to my recliner.  And when the project is looking at me, I tend to work on it more.  Now two of my three chairs have projects looking at me.  LOL.   Maybe I'll actually make some progress on them!

Have a great one!  HUGS!!!

Grrr, lost my post.  Let's try again:

Stacy, so good to hear from you!  You've had a lot of changes in your life.  Tell Alex that his school sounds like a lot of fun to me!  How cool!  I also love the idea of student-led learning -- that's what my homeschool philosophy was.  I hope the girls love it!  It sounds so much more interesting than sitting in a crowded, hot room with 30 other bored kids, trying to absorb what the teacher is trying to force on you.  Good luck with the heavy course load.  You'll be done soon!!!  And I'm sure you can do this.  You are SO smart!

Joanne, vacation is wonderful!  I hope your first day back isn't too difficult.  The splash park sounds like a treat!  I love to hear children laughing -- I'll bet that park is full of that beautiful music.

LeeAnn, tomorrow is your big day!  I will definitely look for the drawing for free goodies.  You know how I feel about your goodies!!!  I hope your sale is super successful!  Does it feel good to be done bringing in the firewood?  It is a lot of work.  So nice in the winter, though.  There's nothing like a nice fire.

I feel like I worked hard yesterday.  I got most of my to-do list done, though.  I broke the glass for my son's window (it was too big, and I messed up trying to cut it down to size.)  So I need to redo that, but I have better measurements now.  I didn't do much crocheting, but I found a magazine rack put out for trash pickup (Yep, I'm one of those people) that is the most fantastic project holder.  It's shaped like a V.  The balls of yarn fit in the bottom, the afghan can go on the top, kind of spilling over -- I love how it looks next to my recliner.  And when the project is looking at me, I tend to work on it more.  Now two of my three chairs have projects looking at me.  LOL.   Maybe I'll actually make some progress on them!

Have a great one!  HUGS!!!

yes indeed,don't we find the best treasures,that others no longer want

Hi there ladies!

Beth-how's vacation treating you today?  Are you crocheting away?  I love that you found something that can totally work for your yarn.  I love having my projects near, I have projects everywhere.  Crossing things off your list feels so good. I make a list every few days, I love being able to cross things off..if I do not make a list..I tend to get distracted.

Joanne-the water park sounds refreshing and perfect for your grands.  Hope paradise went well.

Today was the first day of my sale...wow!  It has been super fun, I have had a lot of traffic.  I put my sandwich board on the sidewalk and have been promoting like crazy.  Please enter the drawing ladies, the more the merrier. 

Tonight is my Craft A  long, I baked home made garlic and herb bread last night.  I may pop into the kitchen to sample it..must make sure it is perfect for the ladies.

Back to work I go.  Hugs n squishes!

Hope you are all having a good weekend. Spent yesterday afternoon/evening with DD and the boys- we went shopping for new sneakers for Ryan and then went to panera for dinner. When we got back we all went for a nice long walk and took Belle too. It was a lovely day yesterday with low humidity!

Did anyone see the moon last night? It was gorgeous- I was able to see it around 10:30 PM--it was a 'super moon"

Today, we are headed to a farmers market and then middle DD is going to DD's house to get some of her things out of their crawl space so we'll head over there. DD and SIL are out of attorney review on the house and next week is the inspection. Things are moving along!

Have a good day!

Good afternoon ladies!

Joanne-that is so cool!  Before you know it, your dd will be all moved and settled in.  Will they be just as close to you?  I didn't see the moon, I wanted to, but forgot..seems like I have been forgetting quite a few things.  :lol

Beth-did you have a good weekend?  will you have one more week off?

I had Saturday off.. :c9  actually 3 days my friends!  It has been so soooo long since I have had a mini vacation.  I rested on Saturday..I didn't feel well.  Spent most of the day in bed.  Yesterday I was back and working..whipped up lots of the Bath Tea's, I was running low.  I am trying to build up inventory again.  The shop is fairly stocked but I am getting ready for X-mas.  Today I had errands, cooking and laundry...did all of that.  Just waiting for my wax to melt so that I can pour a set of tarts for a custom order.  I did finish the wrap that I had made, will post pics on FB.  Going to start on another one but first must work on my mom's ghan..I need to just sit and crochet away.

back to pouring wax.  hugs n squishes!

Hello all,

I had the most WONDERFUL vacation!  It was such an amazing place -- you couldn't hear anything but nature.  There was an occasional vehicle going down the road - we couldn't see them, just hear them.  My husband wasn't horrified -- he had a nice bed, a/c, satellite tv, and internet, so he was basically doing a limited version of what he would have done at home.  I spent a lot of time crocheting and just looking at the window.  I took the granny stripe -- I can pretty much work on that without looking at it, except the ends of the rows.  I made it through a skein.  I met my sister's new boyfriend.  I like him.  He seems VERY devoted to making her happy.  We canoed, hiked, sat around the campfire -- it was such a great time.  Just enough adventure not to be boring, but still very relaxing.  And once my sister and her bf left, my husband and I had a chance to just enjoy being together.  I didn't realize how much we needed that.  Now I'm madly in love with him again.  We are an awesome canoe team.  And he learned how to build a fire (he saw how the man who owns the cabin set up the fire for us, and copied it perfectly to build our future fires.)  We grilled almost everything over a wood fire.  Such fun!

Enough blathering.  I hope you had a great week.  Joanne, I hope your daughter has good luck getting the house she wants.  Is it still close to you? 

LeeAnn, I hope your sale is doing fantastic.  You certainly deserve lots of success.

Hugs,  I've missed you!

Howdy howdy ladies!

Beth- you are too cute!  I love that your just love and adore your hubby to pieces.  Time spent with our loved ones is the best!  Your vacation sounded just wonderful.  We have a fire pit in our front yard, my dh uses wood logs to fuel it, that is his grill.  :yes   The food tastes delish!  Were your inventions missing you?  How are they doing?  Getting read for another semester?

Joanne-how's it going?  Are you out and about having fun with the grands this weekend?  What hooky projects are you working on?

I have been busy crocheting here at the shop, I decided to try my hand at crocheting doilies..after a bit of practice, I made two!  The ladies in my craft group wanted the pattern..I had just winged it..so..much to my dismay.  I wrote the pattern out..took a bit of counting and a lot of writing..still need to type it up and then double check the pattern for errors.

Here at the shop today, Joyce has the Saturday off, it's so nice that we can trade off.  Makes it much easier to squeeze family time in.  This evening we are taking the kiddos to a car derby.  I remember my dad taking us when we were little.  It was so much fun watching the cars smash into each other.  We all had our favorite cars.  I hope that they like it. 

Guess I should get to work, I have been having way tooooo much fun.  Time to crack the whip and get to work.

Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-25274700-1405789381_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-33409500-1405789406_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, your projects are wonderful.  I can't believe you have time to get so much done, in addition to running your store, helping with Joyce's store, and running your Etsy shop.  Then there's that mom/wife things, which seems to create tons of work for me, any way.  You are amazing!  I want a fire pit in my yard, and a creek in my back yard, so I can canoe every day.  I'll get over it. 

Joanne, I hope you are having an amazing weekend.  You certainly deserve one!

I have been mega-lazy since I got home.  I did the grocery shopping today, since I didn't know what we had in the house, and didn't feel like checking it out.  I am glad I did.  Can't believe I won $100 in free groceries!!!  I never win things!  Made my day!

My husband has been putting a chain-link fence in the back yard.  It's a big project.  He's working steadily on it.  Today, we all helped put up the first roll of wire fabric.  It is going to be so nice!

Well, it is past my bed time.  Have a great Sunday!

Hi!!

Beth I'm so glad you had such an amazing vacation!!!! And how wonderful to get 100 in groceries!!! WOOT!!!!!

Leeann. Your energy and all that you accomplish never ceases to amaze me. Glad you had a few days off. sorry that one of them was spent in Bed not feeling well.

Dd is here from Boston. :-). Today we are celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday. His actual bday is Thursday. All 3 DD's will be together. Must get a new picture of us!!! I'm still plugging away on my knit afghan and also working on the never ending square crochet afghan.

Better get moving dd asked for a new coffee cozy so I'll make that now since no one else is up yet

Happy Sunday!!!!

Joanne, I hope you got that family picture taken.  How great to see all your daughters at once!  I'll bet you hated to see the weekend end.  Good luck with the never ending square afghan.  I feel like mine is one of those, too, but I haven't even touched it in months. 

LeeAnn, I hope you feel better now.  Was the Christmas in July sale a big hit?  I hope so.  Are there any more festivals, rodeos, or other celebrations going on  in your town?  How are the kiddos doing?  Is your son practicing his driving much?

Got to leave for work soon.  I am so unmotivated.  I'd love another week or two or more of vacation!

Top of the morning ladies!

Joanne-how was your weekend?  Your little Ryan and my Cristopher share a birthday.  My ds will be 17 this week..he's growing up so very fast!   Did you get your picture? If so, can't wait to see it.  How did the coffee cozy turn out?  I bet you had an amazing weekend with your gals. 

Beth-home projects are never done..we have one in the works always.  How's the fence coming along?  Hope your first day back to work is easy or at least not stressful.

This weekend was another busy one, on Saturday we took the kids to the Demolition Derby, it was super cold so we left just a tad early and took them to the carnival they had in the small town.  They had a good time, we got home very late.  On Sunday, dh and ds hauled another load of wood.  Celine and I stayed home, she had a small job-she was kitty sitting our neighbors 4 kittens, she had to feed them breakfast, lunch and dinner.  She took her job very serious and was a great pet sitter.  She wanted to bake on Sunday, we made sugar cookies and colored frosting to go with, taco soup and then yesterday a Tortellini Stew and Garlic Herb Bread.  Everything homemade..what work, but so enjoyable to spend time with her.

My ds has been working a lot this summer.  He is working for my friend Kathy, he hasn't had a day off in awhile, he's pretty worn out.  The physical work is very demanding.  He did take the day off for his b-day.  We are having a small dinner at our house and then taking him to Pueblo on Saturday.  He hasn't been driving as much but hopefully he can get more hours in.  He also has a "girlfriend" he has known her for awhile then got to know her while they were working.  I met her on Friday, she's cute and thinks the world revolves around Cristopher.  I think he's a little overwhelmed but he treats her so well. 

Guess I had better get to my to do list, the Christmas in July sale was a huge hit!  I am caught up on orders, on to the next event.  We are having a book signing here at Wild Roses this Saturday, I will be off but I am going to help Joyce promote it. 

hugs n squishes!

Wow, LeeAnn, your son is having quite the summer!  I can't believe you have an almost 17-year-old!  Time flies by.  They grow up very quickly.  I'm glad your sale was big success.  I hope the book signing is a lot of fun.  So nice that you are helping Joyce promote it.  It sounds like your businesses are helping each other a great deal!  Baking with your daughter is so nice.  I'm glad she is taking her job so seriously.  She is a cutie.  Love the picture you posted on Facebook!  She is growing up fast, too.  She's just beautiful.

Joanne, did you get the coffee cozy done for your dd?  Did you have an awesome weekend?  I love the pictures you posted.  I wanted to write on the one with you, your daughters, and Ryan that Robbie must have taken that one, since he wasn't in it, but didn't know if your friends would understand my warped and twisted sense of humor.  Your family is truly beautiful. 

My sister-in-law gave me some gluten free mixes for my birthday, and I finally made the chocolate chip cookies last night.  As I feared, they have the texture of rice flour -- kind of like eating a handful of sand.  They taste great, though, and when I turned a few into ice cream sandwiches, it helped disguise the texture.

I haven't been crocheting since I got home.  I was working on the granny stripe while my dh drove us home from our vacation, finished a skein, and didn't feel like rooting around in my bag to get the next skein started.  It's been sitting like that ever since.  It would be nice to finish one of my WIP's this summer.  I need to get busy!

Off to work!  Have a great day.

Archived