Some good clean fun?!

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-how are your days now that you all are without kiddos?  Do you have lots of paperwork?  I am having a difficult time working on my mom's ghan...I need motivation. I have it with me, but I can always find something else to do..must work on it tonight at our Craft A Long.

Joanne-hoping Paradise went well.

I can't believe that my baby will be 17 tomorrow..he's growing up so very fast.  He is quite the responsible young man, so very sweet and caring.  We are so proud of him.  My sweet Celine is such a cutie pie, she is the kindest person I have ever met.  They both teach me more than I teach them. 

Busy busy here at the shop.  I finally finished writing the pattern for the doily..wow!  Pattern writers deserve so much credit!  It's a fairly simple pattern but it did take me days to get it written up.  I am hoping that Sherry can make sense of it, she's my tester.  I have another pattern floating in my head..going to give it a whirl after I work on the ghan.

Other than all that, nothing too exciting.  I have an order for a Candy Land themed b-day party.  I am thinking Gumdrop soaps, gingerbread soaps..maybe the peppermint soaps if I can get them to set up.  What do you all think?

off to work I go.  Hugs n squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeeAnn, maybe we can help motivate each other to finish our afghan wip's.  I set the goal of finishing my granny stripe before school starts in September -- need to get moving on it.  It is hard to sit and crochet on a project that feels old when there are new, exciting things floating in your head.  I ordered some yarn to make some scarves for next year, hopefully to dress up my wardrobe while teaching.  I won't let myself play with the new yarn until I finish this afghan.  So did you work on your mom's afghan any?  I love the sound of the candy-land themed party favors.  What fun!   Oh, I took my chocolate espresso lotion to work yesterday -- I thought it would help me wake up.  It made me want mousse.  It smells so delicious!  I love the lotions, and the pumps to go with -- Brilliant!  I was so happy to get those.  I also love the adorable little goldfish - practically too cute to use!

Joanne, happy Friday to you!  I hope you have a fun weekend planned.  I'm going to help my husband hang fencing.  Doesn't that sound like a blast and a half!  We do work well together.  And it will be amazing to have that fence done -- whenever it gets that far.  I'm proud of him for continuing to work on it when he can.

I guess I should get crocheting!  That afghan won't make itself.

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-we sure can motivate each other.  I did work on the my mom's ghan going to work on it every day..well try to. :lol  How is your day going?  That is awful sweet of your to help your dh with the fence. :cheer   The coffee scented goodies and chocolate fragrances make me hungry..so does the Lemon Pound Cake..oh my!  What fun.

Last night we had a small get together with the in-laws. it was short and sweet.  My ds wanted homemade sub sandwiches and mango smoothies..I worked at Subway in my younger years..I can still whip up a big sum in less than 5 minutes..happy happy! 

This weekend is going to be another busy one.  Tomorrow Joyce is watching my shop.  We are driving up to Pueblo to take the kiddos school shopping.  I am early but want to get it all over and done with soon..it's like a band aid..quick and painful works best.  :D   On Sunday we are taking the entire family to see the Rodeo..first time ever for us..I am super excited.  I love spending time with them and getting to do something new is always fun.

Going to work on the ghan since I have my paperwork all done.  Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I am pleased with the progress I made on that afghan yesterday.  I took it with me to the dentist office while waiting for my son.  It only needs a few more stripes before I start edging it.  I am now hoping to finish this month, not this summer!  Did you get much done on your mom's afghan yesterday?  Sounds like you will be busy enjoying today -- I'm glad you get to do fun things with your family. 

Joanne, I hope your weekend is amazing.  How are your projects coming?

Hi!

I've got 5 more rows to do on the knitted Ghan and the never ending granny is coming along too. Each side has 100 stitches so it's taking a while to do one row.

We went out to friendlys on thurs night for Ryan's birthday dinner and he got to make his own sundae. He loved it!!! This morning I went to DD's friends house to have my hair cut and colored and then DH and I went grocery shopping. Laundry is now done and I'm going to watch the rest if the Yankee game and knit

Hope you enjoy your Saturday!!!!!

Wow Joanne!  You are amazing.  Didn't you just learn how to knit, and now you are finishing a knitted afghan?  That's very impressive. 

LeeAnn, did you get any crocheting done on the afghan you were working on?  I didn't pick mine up since the dentist office, but hope to today.  I didn't sleep well last night.  I'm going to see if I can take the day off from work, and play a little with the afghan.  I was thinking about the edging last night. I want to measure it again, but  it is definitely close to being done.

Hello ladies!

Joanne-your time spent with Ryan sounds like so much fun!  And finishing a knitted afghan..wowza!  You are on the ball my friend!  How's the granny square ghan coming along? 

Beth-did you get to stay home yesterday?  I hope that you were able to rest.

I worked on my mom's afghan last night I measured it across my bed, I would say I still have a ways to go but I am making good progress.  It is definitely too big to bring with me everyday.  I started a hooded scarf on Saturday. I needed a small project to take with us while traveling.

We had an exceptional weekend!  Saturday we drove up to Pueblo to take the kiddos school shopping.  We found a few amazing deals, I was extremely spoiled.  My dh bought me a new wedding ring set..woohoo!  I am over the moon happy...it will be ready soon as they had to re-size it..I can't wait!

On Sunday we attended our very first Rodeo...it was WONDERFUL!!!  We had a great time watching the bull riding,..it was so exciting!  And the clown..no he was just too funny.  He had us laughing in between the different activities. 

Guess I should hop off the clouds and get back to work.  Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-76609800-1406653248_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, your mom's afghan is stunning!  I love the color combination.  Nice work, my friend.  I spread my afghan out on my son's extra-long couch, and it almost covered it, so I did a couple more rows, and started the edging.  I have the dark blue edging done.  I have a golf-ball sized ball of yarn left in that color.  I hope to do the light blue edging tomorrow, then I'll be done before the end of the month!  I had a hard time working on it tonight.  My big cat curled up in the middle of it, and started snoring.  I hated to move him to turn it.

The rodeo sounds like a lot of excitement.  I'm glad the family had a good time.  Congrats on the new wedding set.  I hope we'll see pictures when it's properly fitted. 

Joanne, I hope your work week is going great.  Any big plans for the near future?

I did stay home from work yesterday and just rested.  Today was much better.

Hello,

Happy Wednesday!  I hope it's a good one for all of us.

My dad has been having trouble with his balance -- he's fallen a few times, broke his ankle, beat himself up pretty badly.  My sister who lives nearby is going to move in with them to help out.  I hope it works well -- she's lived with them before, and it wasn't always smooth sailing.  Maybe it will be better if she feels appreciated,, and if Mom gives her a bit more freedom to make it more of her home, too.  I'm so glad someone will be there who can help if Dad falls and can't get up by himself.  Carol is an athlete, unlike everybody else in the family.

Hugs to you all.

Good afternoon ladies!

My oh my!  The morning has flown by!  How is everyone today?

Beth-so glad that you are feeling better.  I am so proud of you!  Your are almost finished with your ghan..I need to get a move on it, I am giving myself a goal of the end of August to completely finish my mom's ghan.  I didn't work on it last night, instead I had a bit of fun with my dd.  She polished my toenails to look like little watermelon slices, together we gave each other scalp/hair treatments.  Since I had my hair highlighted it is processed..my hair lady was shocked as to how healthy my hair is.  I told her, it's the weekly hair/scalp treatments that I give myself.  I have a concoction that I have made, Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil and Jojoba Oil.  All of these ingredients are so very good for you. 

Joanne-hoping that your work week is flying by.  Has your dd found another home to move into?

Today I dusted part of the shop, with the swamp cooler and fan on it seems to make everything dustier.  Thankfully I was able to get half of the shop done and re-arranged the cupboard that I have.  Perhaps the last of the lego soaps will sell. 

Going to add a few of the new goodies to Etsy, hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

I finished!!!  I am so happy with the afghan.  I will post pictures soon.  I didn't go to bed until I finished.  My dd sat next to me and chatted while I worked on it. 

LeeAnn, time with your dd is more important than time spent on an afghan.  I'd love to see pics of your nails, they sound really cute.  You have so much talent in your family.  I'll bet your shop is looking great.  What is a swamp cooler?

Joanne, Happy Thursday!  Did you make it to craft club this week?  How is the knitting coming along?   How are the grandsons?  Did your dd and sil get the house?

Well, I am running late -- too busy playing on Facebook this morning...  Talk to you later!

Top of the morning ladies!

Beth-a swamp cooler is similar to an air conditioner except that it uses water.  It adds quite a bit of moisture to the air, here in Colorado it is very dry however we have had a lot of rain.  This makes it very humid.  I have never lived in humid weather, takes a bit to get used to it.  My soapies were all sweating, the sample soaps that were not shrink wrapped.  I collected them and took them home for the family to use.  Their is nothing wrong with them but they just aren't as pretty.  My dd is quite the nail artist, she practices quite a bit on herself.  Last week I bought her these little pens that you use.  She is so good at it!  I tried, it was scary, the best I could do was polka dots. :lol   My dd took the picture, it's a bit fuzzy but I do like my new tootsie colors.  :yes   AND!  You finished the ghan!  Way to go my friend!!  I'm so excited for you!  You sure worked hard.  Woohoo can't wait to see pics. 

I just had a few returning customers, they are so good to me!  I am very blessed.  Back to work I go.

post-33271-0-93144400-1406827066_thumb.jpg

Good morning !

What a tiring week at work !! It's raining here now. A good excuse to have a lazy day. I finished the knit afghan and it's off the needles. I'm thinking of putting a row of sc around it to border it. I'm making great progress on the never ending square afghan too. Tomorrow I'll be watching the boys so dd and sil can continue packing. We watched them all day last Sunday too. So YES, they got the house!!!! Bittersweet because it's farther from me but oh so happy that dd is getting the type of house I always wanted----a 4 bedroom colonial with a front porch!!! It has a beautiful deck in the back , a built in pool and lots of yard for the boys to play in!!!

Leeann I love your tootsies. Dd did such a fab job on them. I'm like you---polka dots is all I'd be able to do too. Thanks for explaining the swamp cooler. I never heard of it. We have humid weather here in nj in the summer but I have to say this summer has been way less humid then many others. I couldn't live without my AC!!!

Beth---WTG on finishing the afghan!!! That was nice of your dd to keep you company while you finished. I've been going to craft club every week and glad about that. I look forward to spending time with like minded gals!!! Hope all will be on woth your dad. How's the fence coming along?

Well time to put the wash in the dryer, fill up the coffee cup and do a little cleaning around here.

Have a good day!!!!

Dad fell again.  From what I can interpret, he flipped over his recliner.  he's in the hospital -- rebroke the foot that was healing (right after he got out of the cast into a boot) and they are monitoring his sugar levels.  Not good.

LeeAnn, your toes are so cute!!!  I love it!  We have wicked humidity here in the summers.  I'm glad you explained the swamp cooler.  It sounds familiar, though.  My husband's normal job in the shipyard is "Chill water" which is the cooling system using water.  I imagine a lot of humidity can be rough on unwrapped soaps.

Joanne, I can't believe you are already done with that afghan!  So glad to hear the neverending one is progressing also.  I am sorry your dd is moving farther away.  How long will it take you to get to her house now?

I woke up early this morning to go to WalMart to buy spiral notebooks for my classes.  I bought 100.  I need 50 more, but that was really all I wanted to carry at one time.

Good morning ladies!

Beth-how's your dad?  Poor guy, to break the same foot again, ouch!  That must be tough.  Will he be staying in the hospital long?

Joanne-hoping this week is much more relaxed.  Congratulations to your dd and sil!  Their new house sounds amazing!  Watching the grands, well that's just a slice of heaven.

Time is flying by at a breath taking speed..I am shocked that school is right around the corner.  So much to get done before then.  The kiddos went to the in-laws Friday evening, I worked Saturday but on Sunday we went on a train ride.  What fun!  We stopped in the middle of the mountains at a place called Fir, their they had the stage set up.  They had live entertainment, Juice Newton!  Wow!  A celebrity singing in the forest.  They have everything solar powered but it was still very rustic and so delightful!  It was such a fun day, we had lunch outdoors while watching her perform some of her favorite songs and hits.  My mom listened to her when i was little.  A few years ago, we had taken our kiddos to see Michael Martin Murphey.  What a treat!

I only took a few pictures with my phone but had forgotten my camera..I am attaching one of this Sunday and a few of the last time we rode the train.

Have much to do here at the shop, paperwork paperwork.  Hugs n squishes my friends!

post-33271-0-52115100-1407254960_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-83974700-1407254992_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn,, how very cool!  You certainly have a lot of fun adventures!  And you live in such a beautiful area!

Joanne, I hope things are going great for you.

My dad is home.  They stretched his esophagus, since he's had problems with choking on food.  He is very happy to be home. 

Morning, ladies!

Beth, I'm sorry to hear that your dad has been falling and injuring himself.  I'll bet he is glad to be home.  Did they find out what is causing his balance issues?  Congrats on finishing the afghan!  I have one in the works that needs to be finished by the end of August, but have been dragging my feet with it.  Also, your vacation sounds heavenly!  So glad you were able to have that time with dh to recharge. 

Leeann, you are such a busy bee!  Good idea to take your soapies home...humidity is the worst!  MI has it pretty bad in the summer.  Here it's almost non-existent, but for the past couple of weeks it's been *trying* to rain so we've been dealing with it.  I can't believe your ds is 17 already!  Where does the time go? 

Joanne, congrats to your dd on the new house! And to your dd with the new teaching job!  I bet she is thrilled.  The girls' new school has a full-time art teacher- I think that's so important for a well-rounded education. :yes  The picture of R & R on FB is so adorable!  They are growing quickly. 

We went camping last week- it was so fun!  A different vibe from last year, but I can't figure out how.  We went to the water park twice, and spent the day in the lazy river- relaxing!  We contemplated staying for a few extra days, but once we added up expenses, it didn't sound as appealing!  :lol  Last night we met up with some families from Mia's baseball team and went out for dinner.  It was so fun- the kids all get along really well.  I will be sad when school starts and we don't see them as often.  She made friends with a little boy, and they have a crush on each other.  It is so cute.  The boy's dad thinks so, too.  My dh doesn't feel the same way.  :lol  Tonight, my college is showing Monsters University, so I will take the kids.  They show it on a projector screen in the middle of a farm field- fun!  Tomorrow we are going to the beach.  We haven't been all summer!  I am trying to pack in as much fun this weekend before school starts. 

I want to thank you all for being so supportive of Alex.  :manyheart  Some people haven't been as wonderful, and it's so good to know I have a place where I can talk freely about this change in our lives. 

The kiddos start back to school on Tuesday already!  I just don't understand it...but what can I do?  We have to buy uniform pants for Alex because the ones I ordered through the school don't fit!  I even ordered the next size up from what he wore in May when I placed the order...At least it was only 2 pair.  We also need new lunch boxes.

Well, I think that's about all from here.  I need to go take a shower and get ready for the day.  Love and hugs!

This had been an emotional week. My DD's father died last Sunday suddenly. My oldest has been with me all week and heads home today. They held a memorial/celebration of life yesterday. It was beautifully done. I've been watching the boys a lot this past week. I took off work mon and tues and worked 1/2 day Thurs, One memory they had from when they were younger was going to plays on the park. They all went on Friday night and saw bye bye birdie which was one if their dad's favorites.

I'll try and catch up when I've had a chance to unwind. Luckily I start vacation his thurs. Dd and sil are set to close on their house so this week has been very trying to say the least with everything else that happened

Hugs !

Good afternoon ladies!

Joanne-I am so very sorry for the loss to your family.  Your dd's are amazing!  They really pull together and all sound so sweet and caring.  That is great news that your dd is getting the house that she wants and will be moving in soon.

Beth-how's your dad feeling?  Is he doing better?  Are your inventions going back to school soon?

Stacy-what a pleasant surprise to see your post, hope you are getting a bit of time to rest inbetween all the running.  Will your kiddos start school soon?

It was another super duper busy weekend.  My sister LuAnn called on Wednesday and asked if they could stay at our house, of course I said yes.  Her mother in law is moving and needed help and her grandma In law was having surgery..whew!  I was the official babysitter of all 4 of her kiddos.  My dd and I worked our tail feathers off..cooking and cleaning and entertaining the kiddos.  2 year olds are a lot of work!  They sure gave us a run.  I had forgotten all about the tantrums, crying and whining.  Great gals but they sure have lungs on them and are very opinionated.  wow!  All in all it was a great visit, today I am putting my home back in order.  Have the kitchen done but still need to wipe down a few things.  Had to drive my ds in to work this morning, it's almost time for me to do the pick up..hi ho hi ho!  Back to work I go.  Have a wonderful Monday evening ladies.

hugs n squishes

LeeAnn, as usual, I am tired hearing all you get done!  I'm glad you got some time with the nieces and nephews.  It's always fun to spend time with the wee ones in the family.  Ah, the terrible twos!  They are harder with some kids than others.  How does your son like his work?

Joanne, I am sorry for your family's loss.  How are you doing with it?  How are your dd's.  I love their bond, and how you are in the center of it.  You are my role model, you know. 

Stacy, are the kids getting excited for school to start?  Summer goes by so quickly.  I cringe when I hear parents saying that they can't wait for the kids to go back to school -- there is so little time for family before the kids are grown and gone.  Your children will have so many great memories from their childhood.  You are a cool mom.  I'm still available for adoption, by the way.

I had a killer day at work.  I stayed two extra hours helping get the booklets assembled for training tomorrow.  We didn't finish, but we got the majority done, and there are a couple of hours tomorrow to finish.  I came home, elevated my feet, and crocheted for a while.  I swear that ball of yarn is not getting any smaller. LOL.  I am not crocheting as much as I originally planned, but I am working on it.  I have it out next to my chair, so it's easy to grab.

Good morning ladies!

Beth-oh no!  Staying 2 hours late catches up with you.  I hear you about the yarn, I have been working on my mom's ghan, it feels like it is taking forever.  I lugged it with me today, going to catch up on paperwork and emails, then start crocheting.  I am really really trying to stick to my goal.  Scarves are floating in and out of my mind, must get stocked up before winter arrives.

Joanne-hoping that you made it to Craft Night.

My ds is enjoying work,..kinda..it is all outdoor yard work, very tiring and strenuous.  But since he is a spender this is good for him. He has been going to the movies once a week and has bought himself a few games.  My dd has a school function this week.  She is a Web Leader-she was chosen to help with the new arriving 6th graders, she is mentoring and helping.  Today she had training, she was so excited!

School will start next Friday..how crazy is that?  On a Friday?  :P   We are officially done with school shopping whew!  It wasn't as painful this year.  I started a bit earlier.

hugs n squishes my dearies! :ghug

Archived