Some good clean fun?!

LeeAnn, your afghan is gorgeous!  Since my nephew asked for the Yoda, I have been back to crocheting like I mean it.  I made Yoda, finished the hot-dog sweaters for my sister's dogs, and I've pulled out the granny stripe afghan and put 3 more stripes on it tonight.  I really want to get some of these projects done.  I'd love to find more homes for my items.  It feels so good when they are wanted and appreciated.  I love that your group has grown so much.  Does the woman still come who was behaving badly that one time?  My crochet group is talking about meeting tomorrow, but we may be knitting.  I fell in love with another knitted scarf pattern.  This one would teach me to add stitches and knit 2 together. 

Joanne, how are the grandsons?  Did you have a nice weekend?  Do you think you'll be opening your pool this summer?  Some kids came into Petco dripping wet in swim suits today.  I don't know if they went to the beach, or to a pool.  I think outdoor water would be very cool right now.  We had a lot of rain yesterday.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Just got home from watching the boys. I watched them this morning while dd and sil went to look at houses They have sold theirs already !!! Then went home to do laundry, get a manicure and back to watch the boys since sil was at work and dd had a bachelorette party to go to. Whew. Busy bit fun day. We spent a lot of it outdoors!!!

Leeann I love the afghan!!! So glad yiur mom is doing good and that your crochet group is growing. My elbow ispretty good. I've been working on both a knitted shawl and crocheted one. Only 10 more rows on the knitted one. Yay

Beth. You sound like such a fun teacher!!! glad dd had a good time with bf family!!! You will have the granny stripe done in no time. Have fun knitting. I'm really enjoying the knitting. It's slower but I expect to to be it so it's relaxing.

Well I'm fading. Night and have a great Sunday

I need to work on my basic knitting before I'm ready to learn new stitches.  I embarrassed myself.

Joanne, a weekend with the grandsons!  How amazing! I keep thinking how great it would be to have grandchildren nearby.  It's great that your dd and sil sold their house already.  I hope they find the one they want soon.  Can't wait to see pics of your finished projects.  You are pretty quick.

LeeAnn, I hope you had fun this weekend.  Did you get to unwind any?  How is your mom now?

Top of the morning friends!

My weekend flew by in a flurry of work.  I had neglected some of my household chores.  On Friday night I did a bit then attacked the rest of the house on Saturday.  I am so happy I was able to get everything done.  The men in our family had gone camping, it was a nice weekend spent with my dd.  She is growing up so very fast!  She's officially acting like a bit of a teenager..she's a bit moody and highly sensitive. :loco But I still adore her!  My mom is getting around much better, she is convinced that she will be healthy enough to go back to work in June..I'm not sure about that.  My little sister is here taking care of her.  I am working on the new soapy goodies, I have a lot to create today, but am so grateful that I do not have any other activities planned for the week except dinner and movie with my lil sister this evening.

Beth-your dd's special friend sounds so very sweet.  I am glad that she is happy.  Good luck at work today! And way to go finishing wips.  that is great! :clap

Joanne-wow!  Your dd's and sil house sold fast!  How exciting!  Are they looking for something in your area?  I am glad to hear that your elbow is feeling much better.  Your weekend sounded so fun!

Well I guess I should answer emails and get to work.  Hugs n squishes my dear friends! :ghug

HI !

Been a busy week at work since one of my co-workers is on vacation! Last night after work I went with DD and the boys to have their pictures taken- it's Robbie's 1 year old pic and Ryan's 3 year old pic- since it's May it's 2 mos after Robbie turned 1 and 2 mos before Ryan turns 3---It was quite the adventure with Robbie!! I now know why DD wanted me to accompany her!! We went out to eat for hamburgers afterwards and I enjoyed the time with the little guys!!

Tonight we are going to watch the Rangers game- I'm rooting for the Rangers in honor of my son-in-law who is a die-hard fan.

Better go make something for dinner.

Oh, LeeAnn- love the flip flop soapies!

Top of the morning ladies!  Happy Saturday!

Joanne-time sure flies by quickly!  Your grands are growing up super fast, wow!  I bet their pictures came out super cute.  Will you have time to get hooky play in this weekend?

Beth-how's it going?  Do you have a three day weekend?  I sure hope so.  How are the WIPS coming along?

This week has been busy here at the shop but not as busy on the home front...I am so very grateful.  My kiddos are officially on Summer Vacation.. :cheer   The kiddos are at the in-laws, we will be going over to join them tomorrow for a BBQ, dh
's birthday is Tuesday, we are celebrating early.  I have to bake a cake tonight..I am thinking of buying one..I just don't feel like baking..hmmmm

Here at the shop it has been busy, more folks trickling in.  I had my shop window painted, I posted a pic on FB, I just love the duck that the artists drew.  They are talented ladies.  I have also been working on Cowboy soaps, I have one more set to go, I have been taking pictures but still need to upload them so that I can add them to Etsy.  I will share pictures soon.

I am re-decorating a bit here at the shop, I best get to work.  I like to get the big things moved before folks start coming in.  Hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

I am home!  And so glad to be here.  It was a great road trip.  Now waiting for my next weekend so I can get some more sleep.

Joanne, I hope the pictures turn out wonderfully.  What fun!  And how nice to have you there to help your daughter. 

LeeAnn, I love all the new summer soaps.  The rodeo ones look adorable, too.

\

Happy Friday.

The pictures came out great Beth. She was able to get them last Friday and we went through them at the bar b q last Sunday.

I babysat two nights after work this week since DD's good friend got married today. They had the rehearsal and dinner Wednesday night and last night she and her went to dinner together. I just saw a pic on fb that middle dd posted of the happy couple. They look so happy. I've known her since hs and both my middle dd and youngest are in the wedding party.

Other than that I've been working. Oh I finished the knitted shawl. Just have to cast off and block it!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!!

Hiya ladies!

Joanne-how fun for your dd!  I haven't been to a wedding in a long time, it sure sounds like fun.  And watching the grands, that has to be the best!  Glad you are doing well and knitting away.

Beth-hoping that you were able to catch up on rest this weekend, did you do anything exciting?

I have had a lot going on this weekend.  The hubby and father in-law installed a sink, counter top and cupboards here in my craft studio..it took a bit of re-arranging, getting rid of stuff and cleaning but it is done..the major parts, they still have to connect the plumbing but that will hopefully get done some time soon for now, I have more room workable space, I even cleaned my desk.  Since I have one here and at the shop, I can get pretty disorganized.  At the shop I keep my desk fairly tidy but here at home no one comes into my craft studio..so I tend to let it get cluttered.  But alas, it is puuurrtttyy..I must really try to keep it this way.  It's after 11 p.m. here better get my tush to bed, have orders to fill  in the morning and lotsa errands.

hugs n squishes!

Happy Monday.

LeeAnn, I did have some excitement this weekend.  I met with my bestest friend for crochet and coffee.  It was just a couple of hours, but it was nice.  I really haven't been playing with yarn much lately.  It was good to get the ole afghan out.  I also found a pattern for a 5-point star baby blanket.  My co-worker is expecting.  Her husband is a Dallas Cowboys fan, so I'm making a blue and white star for their baby (and for him.)  So many baby things are all about the Mom.  I think Dad should be recognized from time to time, even if he does support the Cowboys.

The new workspace in the craft studio sounds amazing.  I hope the plumbing gets fixed soon.  I guess this means you won't be moving any time soon.  I work in two different buildings now, so I can sympathize with having two desks to keep organized and neat. 

Joanne, is your shoulder better?  Are you still doing P/T?  How are the boys?  What fun things did you do this weekend with them?

I'm sure I asked before, but is the Dallas Cowboys blue navy or royal, or something else?

Good morning friends! 

I am sitting here listening to the birds chirp..we have had a huge amount of birds in our yard they all sing such pretty songs. I feel so at peace listening to them and the quiet..a gal could get used to all this. 

Beth-I think the Cowboy colors are Navy Blue, White with a hint of silver.  I can't wait to see your star ghan.  No time off this summer?

I have been working on a crochet throw for a friend, I am almost done :cheer   I am so happy that I have been able to get back into crocheting, I had missed it while I was so busy.

Great news my friends!  Well kinda..my LYS is closing, my dd and I stopped in on Saturday to check out her yarn selection, she is such a nice lady.  We have never been competitors,I send knitters her way and she sends crocheters my way.   She spins and dyes her own fabulous yarn. here is a link to here etsy shop, her yarn really is nice.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CatMountainFiberArts?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav

anyhow, she is going to keep her studio but more for storage and working in, she does better at big sales events...anyway she offered to sell me most of her inventory for 50% less...woa!  I bought a huge bag of yarn but am going to meet with her soon, she is willing to sell me a few of her displays too.  I feel badly for her, but she says that she is going in a direction that she feels better with..and she will open by customer request..so this week the hubby and I will be visiting with her to finalize the sale and pick up goodies. 

I will be the only local yarn shop in town besides walmart..yikes!  This may turn out to be a good thing but it sure does add more pressure.

guess I had better get these soapies packaged up and ready for shipping.  BBL!  Hugs n squishes dear friends!

Wow Leeann. Your going to have a LYS too. How exciting

Had fun at craft club lady night. I started binding off the knitted shawl. I'm doing a no sew bind off. It's a stretchy bind off. I'm taking it slow and am about a third of the way done. 225 stitches total to bind off.

Beth your time with your friend sounds like fun!!! And yes, cowboys are navy white with touch of Silver.

DH is calling and asking what,s for dinner so i better go and figure something out.

Happy hump day tomorrow !!!!

I am really glad this school year is coming to a close.  The students are pretty much burned out, and want a break almost as much as the teachers do.  Happy Hump Day, Joanne.  How exciting that your shawl is almost done.  I hope you'll post pictures soon. 

Well, I couldn't resist.  I found some navy yarn from my stash (it's Caron one pound) and started the baby blanket.  The pattern has a few odd stitches in it, but it is going well, and I think it's nice -- a 5-point star without a lot of holes in it.  I will make it mostly navy, then add a white stripe, another navy stripe, a second white stripe, and possibly one more navy and/or silver.  We'll see. It's only about 6 inches in diameter now.  Wish I had time to play with it, instead of going to work...

Speaking of which, I need to get moving!  Have an awesome day!!!

Top of the morning friends!!!

How is everyone on this fine Wednesday? 

Beth-I wish you could play with yarn today too.  Hang in there my friend, hopefully you can plan a few outdoor activities for the children in your classes, it's difficult to keep them focused.  How are your inventions doing?  Are they enjoying the summer off?

Joanne-wow!  Your knitted shawl sounds awesome!  Can't wait to see it.  So glad that you were able to attend Craft Night, they sure are a lot of fun.

Yesterday was busy here at the shop..so glad!  I had a custom request for a crochet pig..I started it last night, after frogging 3 times I think I am on my way.  It's been awhile since I worked in the rounds,..it's an easy pattern but for some reason my brain wasn't getting it.  Will take pics of my progress.

My ds starts his very first job next Monday, he is super excited.  He is working for a summer conservation program.  It will be hard work but he is thrilled to be earning his own money.  He opened up his very first checking account on Monday, my baby is growing up.. :cry   I am so proud of him, he's maturing quite well.

My dd has been crocheting..yes my friends!  I can't believe it, I think she is bored.  She is working on a scarf, I am so proud of her as well, her Report Card came in..straight A's.  A 4.0 GPA.  She is one smart cookie!  Cristopher did well too, he passed all of his classes with B's, can't complain.  He really worked hard to pull up his grades..he was struggling in a few classes.  I am so very happy for the both of them, they are fabulous kiddos.

Going to catch up on paperwork and then hopefully get a bit of hooky time in.  Hugs n squishes!

Great news on the kiddos report cards,Leeann!!! Great news!!! I can feel your mamma pride!!!!!

I'll post pics of the shawl when I finish binding off and block it.

I'm so ready for a long weekend I'm off Friday since I have an eye exam. Figured I may as well take a personal day

LeeAnn, congrats on the awesome reports cards, and on your son getting his first job!  That is great!  He's starting young.  My daughter applied to a couple local Joann's stores!  Can you say 20% discount?  She has been applying at least once a week to some place or other.  She wants her own money, too.  How is Christopher's driving coming along?

Joanne, happy Thursday.  I hope you enjoy your long weekend.  We are having a field day tomorrow.  I am supposed to be helping at the event.  I do not do sun well at all, so I am not looking forward to it. 

I only did one row on the baby blanket yesterday.  My daughter and I had a girls night out.  It was  nice.  We went to the farther of the two Joann's stores, so she could see where it is, and I found a sewing box on sale, so I snagged it.  We went to a diner for ice cream, ended up getting dinner, too. 

Enjoy your day!

Good morning ladies!

how is everyone today?  It's I can't believe how fast the week is going by..wow!  Before I know it the weekend will be here. 

Beth-oh my gosh!  I hope your dd gets the job at Joann's that would be incredible!  How exciting for her.  It's so fun to create, I can't imagine life without it.  So glad that you were able to have a Girls Night Out, it's so nice to spend time with our girlies.  It's one of my favorite things to do with Celine.

Joanne-ohh laaa laaa can't wait to see  your finished shawl. A 3 day weekend sounds just perfect, what fun things will you be doing?

I finally finished the throw that I was working on, took a little over 2 weeks.  Not bad considering that I mainly worked on it here at the shop.  The crochet pig was squealing..he as I have decided was driving me crazy.  I didn't realize that the pattern was written in UK terms..I couldn't figure out why it was coming out so very big, I hopped on the net and discovered that ....Joyce had a good laugh because I told her, "I can't give my customer this skinny pig".  So his is officially a work in progress..I am hoping to have him finished by next week..he's having a rest. 

Hugs n squishes! 

p.s. this bench is awesome!   Joyce created it..she's one talented lady. 

Last night I painted out patio, the kiddos had originally helped me on Monday but had given up..that was ok.  It was nice to be outdoors and get it done..I am wanting to decorate our yard..I have never decorated the outdoors..our yard has been never decorated in all 17 years that we have lived there but it is getting a new makeover..I have lots of new pinterest ideas using things that I have laying around..I may have to bug my dad...he's a picker and has a yard full of junk...errr..I mean stuff. 

post-33271-0-36343100-1401990629_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-53690200-1401990665_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-44222600-1401990691_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, the throw is just lovely!  What a pretty combination of colors!  The bench is awesome, too.  I think it's great that you can repurpose some of your dad's "stuff" to decorate your yard.  If he's like my dad, he will be very happy if you find a use for some of his treasure!

Joanne, good luck at the eye doctor tomorrow.  I hope you have a great long weekend!  I'll be having those most of the summer!!!  One more full week!

LeeAnn, the blanket is gorgeous. And so is the bench!!! That's great that you will be able to use some of your dad's "stuff"

Beth. Fingers crossed your dd gets a job at Joann's !!! Your girls night out sounds fun!!! I'm looking forward to the eye exam so I can get new glasses. Not looking forward to the part where they dilate your eyes but I do need to get checked for glaucoma and cataracts and all that fun stuff that comes with age. Lol

Sat morning youngest dd and I are going to her friends for hair cuts. And I get color. Her friend had been doing my hair since my hairdresser left the shop I was going to for a fancy expensive place. It's nice going to her house and I feel good giving her my money !! There is an art show and farmers market sat that isn't too far from DD's friends so I want to stop there after ER are done getting prettied up

It's great to know it's the weekend for me!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!!

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne-enjoy your 3 day weekend, you deserve it!  I love shopping at the Farmer's Market, yummy produce, great music and a festivity of folks.  The local Farmer's Market is across the street from my shop..woohoo!  I can't wait till it starts. 

Beth-how's your garden growing?  Did you plant a lot of veggies?

Thank you for the lovely compliments on the throw, it was such an easy pattern that it worked up so very fast, it is on it's way to South Carolina.  A good friend of mine has cancer and has decided to stop all treatment, I hope that this will offer her comfort.  These are her favorite colors.

I puttered around outside last night and have my planters painted, ran to the store this morning for green, blue and red paint..have a new project idea in the works..can't wait!

Guess I had better get to work..I really am enjoying my yard projects, what fun!

hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I didn't plant any vegies this year.  Since I am working, I don't feel like I have time to maintain the garden, and don't want to stick that duty on my daughter.  It was fun last year.  We will give the ground a rest, and maybe next year I'll feel a bit more together than I do now.  Congrats on your yard creations.  Do you think you could post pics when you are done?

Joanne, I hope you are enjoying your break.  All this talk of farmer's markets gave me the urge to visit our local market.  I hear they have peaches now...

Oh, I finished row 18 of the star afghan.  9 to go!

Archived