Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday!!!

Love the lampshade LeeAnn!!! Hope you had a good time last night

Beth. Don't feel guilty!!! Hope your day flies by today

I'm going back to the ortho on Monday for my elbow. Im ready for it to stop hurting!! I have better days than others and try not to do too much but when I'm in the computer all day it's kind of hard.

Well I better get ready. And get another cup of coffee!!!!!!

Good morning, and Happy Saturday!

I am tired of the sore throat, and found out that one of my students has been out with strep throat, so I went and got tested.  It isn't strep, and I don't even need medicine.  the doc suggested good old-fashioned salt water gargling.  It was the first time I went to this particular doctor, but I think I like him better than my normal PCP.

Joanne, I hope you get some relief for your elbow.  No fun to be in pain, and I know you use it all the time. 

LeeAnn, Did you have fun at craft club?  Tea and snacks and playing with yarn with friends sounds like a great evening. 

Have fun.

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-those winter colds are sure hanging on, the hubby had one and it lasted forever.  He still feels tired.  Glad to hear that it wasn't strep..how painful. 

Joanne-hoping that your doc can fix you right up.  Any big plans for the weekend?

Here at the shop, finished paperwork, going to eat a snack then work on my new ghan that I started.  It has been awhile since I have worked on an afghan.  I started the ripple pattern from Lucy Attic 24..so soft and cuddly.  I goofed up on row one so had to frog a few rows but I think that I have it.

Craft night was fun, the ladies are always so enthusiastic.  We only have 3 ladies that come on a regular basis but we sure do invite tons of other folks..oh well!

Happy Saturday my friends!  hugs n squishes!

Happy (early) Sunday. Lost an hour sleep because of daylight savings time but I will like it staying light later in the day!! Spent the whole day with the boys yesterday. We went for a nice long walk after dd got back from dropping belle off at the groomers. And we played and played. Ryan didn't want to leave. And this was about 7:30 last night. Dd and I are going to trader joes this morning. And it's supposed to be another nice day si I'd like to go walking again!!! Of course I have laundry to do. But that will have to wait till later on

Beth- I hope you start feeling better. Glad it wasn't strep!!!!!

Leeann. Sometimes we have as much fun with a small group at craft club as we do with a large group. It's just fun to be with other like minded yarny folks!!

Stacy- how are you and the girls. I chuckled when I read your post on fb about Isabella being embarrassed when you were singing. Brought back memories.

Marisa. Thinking if you and missing you

Joanne, sounds like your grandson loves you so much!  What fun to be young enough to enjoy him (and his brother.)  I think I'm going to be ancient before I become a grandma!  I hope the ortho can help your elbow tomorrow.

LeeAnn, I hope your hubby is feeling better.  I gargled a few times yesterday, and my throat feels much better already.  I still sound scratchy, but it is better than not talking at all.

Stacy, Ah, the joy of the pre-teen girl.  I think it's so funny that you were singing Christmas carols.  She will get a sense of humor again in a few years.

Marisa, I am thinking of you.  I hope everything is great.

Well, I won't be going to Maine after all.  I decided that I didn't want to spend the majority of the budget on plane fare, or the majority of the vacation time in the car, so I found a GREAT place in the mountains of Virginia!  It sits on a creek, has canoes, kayaks, tubes, a fire pit, a full kitchen (which works great for the gluten free diet), and a sleeping porch that overlooks the water.  One of the guests saw bear cubs while there!  That may be better than a moose.  Oh, and since we are driving, I can take all the yarn I can fit in my van!  I am pretty sure I have enough to fill my van...

Happy Monday!

Beth, it sure sounds like you have found the perfect place for a vacation!!! Glad to hear that your throat is starting to feel better. I started a baby blanket last evening for one of my co workers whose wife is due in May. He was the one I had knit the scarf for. I found some mill ends out in my stash. It's blue green and white and I hope this will be ok since they are not finding out the gender of the baby ahead of time the blue is actually more of an aqua blue.

Hope everyone had a good weekend I have craft club tonight and go into work late since I have the dr appt at 9:15.

Top of the morning friends!

Beth-Ohh laaa laaa your vacation sounds amazing!  Anything with yarn sounds just fun.  Oh and spending time with the hubby :manyheart   Are you on Spring Break yet?

Joanne-how did your appointment go? I hope that it went well and that you will find relief soon.

This weekend was spent whipping up new goodies for the shop.  Yesterday my ds and I finished a class that we were taking,..what a relief!  it is nice to finish something. 

Going to work on Etsy as usual..have to get back to listing..hugs n squishes!

Joanne, any news from the doctor?

LeeAnn, My spring break is the first full week of April.  Sounds like you are staying busy.

We are meeting my sister-in-law and her husband for dinner tonight.  We usually go out for the birthday (she is my husband's twin) in July, but didn't make in 2013, so this is a belated birthday dinner.

Good evening!

Had fun at craft club last night- it's so enjoyable and so nice that I get to go every week now that I'm working more normal hours!

The dr said he could give me a cortisone injection - Since I'm not looking forward to a cortisone injection, I asked if there were any other options. He said that often PT will help. So, I opted to try PT first and see how that goes. If it doesn't help, then I'll get the injection.

Beth- hope you had an enjoyable celebration tonight! Today is my middle DD's birthday- didn't get to see her since she works on Tuesday nights- but am hoping to see her this weekend for Robbie's birthday- or Sunday if she can't make it Saturday. She's had a rough year so I'm hoping that the next year brings her only good things!

LeeAnn- Glad you finished up the class with DS. That must be nice to have it 'in the books' so to speak. How's things going with Etsy- I keep hearing from some people that their fees are high--but I guess if you sell enough it doesn't matter (??)

Stacy and Marisa- sending you good wishes- and hope all is well.

Hello,

Dinner with the SIL and BIL was great.  It was nice to get out with another couple -- the guys talked cars most of the time, the girls talked kids, parents, family, pets, etc.  We may be setting up a crochet/doggy play date some time soon.

Joanne, I hope PT helps.  I love it when doctors try to avoid medicine, and try to help the body heal more naturally.  I hope PT helps.  When do you start?  I hope you get to see your daughter soon.  I can't believe it's Robbie's birthday already.

LeeAnn, you do stay busy!  Do you think the class was helpful? 

Stacy, are you looking forward to spring break?

Marisa, how are things in Pittsburgh?

I am dragging my feet today, so I need a kick in the badorkus, so I can get moving.  Happy HUMP DAY!

Good morning friends!

Beth-Spring Break will be here soon..woohoo!  Dinner out sounded wonderful.  I love eating out :manyheart   The class that we took is called "Up & Downs" it talks about how deal with the anti-social/social person and folks that are wonderful as well as how to deal with those that do not have your best interests at heart.  It was helpful, Cristopher has had a difficult school year..we are trying everything that we can.  Part of it is that he's extremely spoiled and a bit selfish he's also sensitive and caring and trying to figure out his place in this big world.  He sees a counselor weekly, I hope and pray that all of this in the grand scheme of things helps because I am plum out of ideas.  He seems to be taking more responsibility for himself and is really trying.  Growing up is hard to do. :cry

Joanne-ouch!  PT sounds like a good idea, can you start soon?  Etsy can be quite expensive, yes you are so very right. When I was gathering information and data for my taxes I was astonished at how much $ I have spent on etsy..I could probably host my own website for lots cheaper...it's a tough call.  If you have a small amount of listings, it is much more reasonable but the more listings that you have the more you sell the more folks are drawn to your shop.

I am in the process of combining listings but it is going to be a ton of work.  This will give folks more options as far as fragrances and will also keep me on my toes creating goodies in fragrances that I forget about.  I think it will be easier to manage because I will not have to constantly be taking pictures, cropping, saving,uploading and listing.  I can just re-new expired listings and control the amount in stock that I offer.

Back to work...have a Chamber meeting this evening and Confirmation class..every week/weekend until school lets out is going to be super busy.

Hugs n extra squishes!

I know it's not technically here yet, but Happy Friday to everyone!  I hope your work week goes by quickly, and you get to enjoy a wonderful weekend with lots of yarn-filled happiness and relaxation!

I finished a scarf I was playing with, and gifted it to teacher I worked with briefly today (she commented on how much she liked it, so I put it in her mailbox when I was done with it.)  Now I am free to start playing with some yarn I bought with a gift card my sister sent for me.  The blues seem like they will match the dining room of the cabin where we will be staying this summer.  Think it is cheesy to give it to the owners as a present?  They bring homemade cookies or pie to all their "guests" and seem like real sweethearts.

Well, 4:30 in the morning is getting closer by the minute.  Have a happy TGIF.

Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday Friday!!!  I am so glad it's finally here.  This week seemed to go on Forever, between Springing forward and still feeling blah.  I am feeling much better now, though.  It might help that I took a 2 hour nap yesterday.

Joanne, Happy weekend!  Don't work too hard today.  Enjoy the birthday celebration.  Tell Robbie happy birthday from us.  I can't believe it's been a year already!

LeeAnn, I hope you don't work too hard.  What seasonal items are you playing with now?

Stacy, Spring break is right around the corner.  Will you get a chance to rest and play with yarn then?

Marisa, How's business?  How's your mother?

So, do I want to make a round ripple, a corner-to-corner, a granny stripe, or a giant granny square?   Yarn, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Good afternoon ladies! 

The morning has flown by!

Beth-so happy that today is FRIDAY!  :clap   Yes, the weekends are the best.  How sweet of you to give your teacher friend the scarf that you made, what a lovely surprise.  I would be over the moon happy, that is so very thoughtful of you.

Joanne-how's it going? hope the party is so much fun!

I took a break this morning while my computer was updating to work on my granny ripple..soo lovely and soft and cuddly too.  Have to get back to work. I have been creating goodies almost every evening and morning. I really need to make more soapies..like lots more..hopefully that will happen sometime this weekend.

Hugs n squishes! :hug

LeeAnn, enjoy playing with the soapies.  What fun to do something you love for your job! 

Joanne, the pic of Robbie is too cute.  My goodness, he has gotten big so fast.  Enjoy the weekend with your family.

Stacy, I hope you don't get the bug.

Marisa, I hope things are going great for you.

I get to meet my friends to play with yarn today!!!

Good morning!!

Beth. Have fun with your friends playing with yarn today!!!, I have been working on the knitted blanket and also a crocheted baby blanket for a co worker whose bay is due in May. I love switching back and forth between the two crafts. Tonight we go out to dinner to celebrate Robbie's first birthday. Where has the time gone ?

Now to start the weekly chores-not fun bit necessary

Have a good Saturday

Happy Monday! ???

We had another winter storm  come through Virginia, but I think the majority of it was north of us.  We still have school today.  I'm glad.  I want my spring break.

Yesterday I crocheted a wristband for my son, and fingerless gloves for my daughter..  They are green.  My kids will be celebrating St. Patty's day in style! 

Joanne, I hope you aren't hurting much.  Did you get to see your daughters this weekend?  Will you be going to craft club tonight?  Enjoy it.

LeeAnn, did you get all the soapies made that you had planned?  I hope you enjoyed your weekend, too.

Stacy and Marisa, I miss you!

I need to get moving.  Even though we have school, that's no guarantee that the roads are perfect.

Hiya friends!

Beth-the weather is sure getting stranger and stranger every year.  We are having severe wind but not a lot of snow.  I hope that you made it to work safely and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Your kiddos are going to be styinling!

Joanne-How ya feeling?  Happy St. Patrick's Day to you as well.

I have been busy, I did get quite a bit of soapies made but still need more.  I am working on an Almond Body Butter..it is setting up then it will be on to pouring more soapies.  Been cleaning too..that never seems to end but I am keeping on top of it...trying to.

Here's a sneak peak of the new soapies.  Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-0-86991900-1395083211_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-88174700-1395083233_thumb.jpg

Cute soapies!! Puts me in the mood for spring which is only a few days away!!!

Went to craft club last night and I start PT for my elbow tomorrow morning before work at 7:30

I need to get some coffee in me. Yesterday was a very busy day at work and I'm not expecting anything less today. Have a good day!!!

I subbed at a school for students who are high-risk for dropping out.  It was actually nice -- very small classes, quiet.  At the end of the day, the students started talking about their lives, and it knocked me for a loop.  Not what I am used to.

Good afternoon ladies!

Wow!  The morning flew by in a blur..changed up my display case to Easter..priced and displayed all of the new goodies that I whipped up this last weekend.

Beth-it is so heart breaking to hear and see what children live with every day.  I am glad that they felt comfortable enough to share their life with you.  :manyheart

Joanne-hoping that your day is as awesome as you are!

Back to work.  Hugs n squishes my friends!  Forgot, I created lotsa soapy goodies, now on to bubble bath this week and then back to candles...then sugar scrubs..I just keep plugging away. 

LeeAnn, will you be posting pics of your shop set up for Easter?  I sure wish I could stroll on in, check it out in person.  Congrats on getting ready for Easter.  Good luck with all the creating you will be doing.

Joanne, how was PT?  I hope it helps.  Do you know how long you will be going?

Well, I'm back to my regular school today.  I hope things are pretty normal.  I haven't had a normal day in a while.  We had a tornado drill and state testing last week.  We had a weird schedule shift Monday.  I know they are planning on switching around the schedule a few more times this year.  I hope most of that falls on A days, when I am at the office.

Husband leaves for 3 weeks in 2 days.  Makes me kind of blue.

Archived