Some good clean fun?!

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne-you are on a roll knitting and crocheting away!  woohoo!  I do so love playing with yarn.  Next week is my first Crafty get together at the shop..goodness...going to plan that some time this weekend.  The chunky yarn is so much fun to play with, I have a request for a wider cowl in thick and chunky going to check my stash to see if I have some in the colors that she wants.  If not I may have to buy yarn. :lol   I have been very good lately and have only bought the scarf yarn but I am a bit burnt out on scarves and really want to work on something else.  Have you visited the LYS again?  I would be soo addicted!

Beth-work today?  Hoping that it flies by!  I'm so glad that the hammock was a success.  My dd has a shelf in her room that holds all of her stuffies, we made it out of an old entertainment center, it's pretty cool.  What hooky project are you working on? 

We do not really have any New Years traditions, just hang out here at home.  I decided to close the shop and have been working like a busy bee ever since.  I have 2 boxes of new soapies to take in,...still have to update Etsy but I did do my taxes!  I organized all of my paperwork too and created new forms that I like much better than quickbooks to keep track of sales and such.  This is going to make doing paperwork a breeze.    2013 is a thing of the past.  :yes  

The sled run was fun yesterday, we had a good time but boy was it cold.  going to print labels and get back to work..have 4 orders to fill. 

hugs n squishes dear friends!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all.  Work today was interesting.  I actually had a lot of good things happening with my 8th grade class that is usually, well, less than motivated.  It was a good day.  On the way home, I stopped at the SPCA, and checked out the dogs.  I fell in love with a young male pit bull.  He came home with me.  We stopped at the local PetCo, found some things he needs.  He was SO good.  Came home, he did a great job meeting my other dog and the cats.  He is now sleeping next to me in his pet bed next to my recliner, snoring away.  I love him!  Tomorrow, I go to the office, assuming it isn't too snowy. 

Joanne, I'm really glad things are going so well with the job change that you are going to craft club every day. 

LeeAnn, I am glad you are taking a break  from the store.  Sounds like you got a lot of work done.

Good morning

It's a winter wonderland ,and and still snowing. So pretty but not fun to drive in so I'm staying home.

Beth. Simon is beautiful and his coat does look like velvet. I'm glad that he has found a loving home.

Leeann. The donut soaps are too cute

Stacy. Looks like u had fun with the girls at build a bear. Are the girls back to school?

Marisa. Thinking of u and missing your posts

Off to pour coffee. May be back later

Joanne, I hope you enjoyed your snow day.  I'll bet it's easier to enjoy days like that when you don't have to be so stressed about the work piling up for when you go back.  We haven't had any snow.  It is bitter cold, though.  And I've taken dogs out probably 8 times today, compared to the 2 or 3 that my old dog demanded.

Marisa, I hope things are going well for you.  I miss you lots.

LeeAnn, did you get lots of soaps made?  I like the donuts, too.  You make such fun things.

Stacy, I hope you and the girls are having a great weekend.

We did not have pizza night today.  We are waiting until tomorrow.  Shrimp boy is coming over, and hasn't had homemade pizza in a long time.

Hello all,

I am trying to type with a pit bull sleeping in my lap.  Excuse any typos please. 

Joanne, for my 50th birthday trip this year, my husband and I may be going to Boston to watch his Cubs play.  So  what do I need to do while I am there?

I am hoping to start a tradition where we visit different ballparks. 

LeeAnn, Did you get all the new goodies posted?  Have you worked on the spreadsheets you created?  How is your craft group going?

Stacy, Did school start  yet?

Marisa, how are you?

Good morning

Beth. What a great thing to do. You will love Fenway park. It is such a neat cozy park and the iconic green monster is so neat. I actually took a tour of Fenway with DD shortly after she moved there. I also like the MFA- museum of fine arts and the john f Kennedy library. You must go to the North end which has great Italian restaurants and we like modern bakery for pastries. There is also mikes that has pastries but dd loves modern so that's where we go. The public gardens are very nice and they are downtown in the common. Newbury street has lots of fancy shops. Fun to look at. The aquarium is down by the waterfront and just to go down by Boston harbor is relaxing. In Cambridge is Harvard square. Here is so much to do and I think you'll have a great time.

It is bitter cold here. Thank goodness for heat. I got a lot done on DH afghan yesterday and baked some choc chip cookies. Also knit a bit on the cable scarf and I made a mistake I don't know how to fix so put it aside and will bring it to craft club on Monday

Off to get coffee. Have a good day everyone

Good morning friends!

Beth-ohhh laaaa laaaa your new addition to your family is just the sweetest!  Oh my gosh!  What a cutie pie!  And that he gets along well with your other family members is great.  Congratulations.   :hug  Woohoo for a new trip, how exciting. :yay   Yes mam, I used my new spreadsheets and have all of my paperwork in up to date.  That feels so strange to say it that way but wow!  I really like them, they show exactly what the shop made minus credit card fee's for each and every day and it totals it up so that I always have a running total.  Love it!  I got some of the new rubber ducky soaps listed on Etsy.  I went a little crazy creating them for National Rubber Ducky Day, which is on January 13.  I normally close the shop on Mondays but since this is a holiday..I will be Open.. :manyheart   It was a late night for me adding things but I was in the groove of things..kept plugging away.  I still have quite a bit to add but will do that today at the shop if it is slow.

Joanne-I'm so glad that you were able to be home and bake cookies and get yarn play in.  I bet it's cold with all of the snow.  Will you be babysitting today?  What happens in you make a mistake knitting?  I always get lost with knit and purl. :yes   :clap  For finishing your dh's ghan, I bet he loves it!

It is freezing cold here in CO this year feels much colder but I think it's because I am out and about more.  My crochet/craft class is scheduled for next week.  I am going to create a FB invite for those that live close and start advertising it.  Must create a sign in sheet so that I can put an email list together.

The kiddos are sad because winter break is coming to an end, they start school on Tuesday.  Monday I am planning on taking them out to lunch, they want to eat Chinese.  Today my dd is going ice skating here at our local rink..she is going to rent ice skates because we never go..I find it extremely painful on the feet..oh my gosh!  how do folks skate? 

Best get my tush ready for another day.  Hugs n squishes!

Good morning!

We had a good day yesterday- it was COLD, but roads were ok. Had my hair cut (I went to my DD's friend's house and she did a good job and will color it next week). Went to have my nails done too! Then in the afternoon, DH and I went and spent the day with DD, SIL and the boys! Watched football, played, had pizza for dinner and it was just a very nice relaxing day!

This morning we have freezing rain, the roads, walks and steps are ICY! I took the garbage out this morning and nearly slipped--but didn't! Phew!!! Going to spend the day inside---so much for putting away Christmas things since I have to pull my car out of the garage to be able to open the crawl space door where all the bins are. I'm not pulling the car out onto a sheet of ice! Oh, well, Christmas decorations will be up a while longer

LeeAnn- Just to be clear- I didn't finish DH's afghan---LOL But I've made good progress--will be working on it some more. As far as mistakes in knitting--well sometimes I can figure it out by looking at you tube, and sometimes I can't. I messed up on the cable scarf and not sure what I did so will bring it to craft club tomorrow night and one of the gals will be able to help me figure it out and then I'll work on that some more!  Have fun with the kiddos tomorrow- I'll bet they are ready for school to begin again---or maybe not! I love ice-skating-but haven't done it in about 10 years---it is so much fun---we have an ice arena in town and once the boys are a little older I want to take them there!

Beth- I'm sure you are spending lots of time with your new addition, Simon! How was pizza night - and how is shrimp boy

Stacy- How are you- and how is the job going?

Marisa- Miss you!

Hello Everyone.

Gotta get moving, so this will be short.  Be safe out there in the cold today! 

I am making meatballs and bread dough before I go to work today.  My house should smell great when I get home.

Joanne, glad you like your new haircut.  Did you get your Christmas decorations put up?

LeeAnn, I love the moustache soaps.  CUTE!!!  How is business?

Stacy, staying busy?

Marisa, missing you.

Simon went to the vet.  He's put on 10 pounds since he was weighed at the pound.  Vet says he isn't overweight, so he's still probably growing.  He's now a 40 pound pit bull.  Love that fuzzy boy!!!

Hello Everyone.

Gotta get moving, so this will be short.  Be safe out there in the cold today! 

I am making meatballs and bread dough before I go to work today.  My house should smell great when I get home.

Joanne, glad you like your new haircut.  Did you get your Christmas decorations put up?

LeeAnn, I love the moustache soaps.  CUTE!!!  How is business?

Stacy, staying busy?

Marisa, missing you.

Simon went to the vet.  He's put on 10 pounds since he was weighed at the pound.  Vet says he isn't overweight, so he's still probably growing.  He's now a 40 pound pit bull.  Love that fuzzy boy!!!

Top of the morning! 

Whew!  It's almost afternoon..what a busy morning. :manyheart

Joanne-did you make it to craft club last night?  I was thinking of you and hoped that the roads to work and home were clear.  Pizza is always delish, my family loves it. 

Beth-your Simon is growing, he must be thriving in his new happy home.  The men in our house love meatballs..poor guys, I have a difficult time touching raw meat..instead they have to eat the frozen ones.  :no   What time did you say dinner was?  :lol

The shop is going well, it's been slow but I have had a few custom orders that have kept me busy as well as online sales..I'm caught up on orders... :yay   I am working on Valentine goodies and feel so very behind with them as I should have had them listed this last week but they will be making their grand entrance later this week.  Also working on bath fizzies, they sell here at the shop..never did get around to putting those online..oh well it happens.  :lol

I am buying a used book shelf to put where the tree was, need more room for products.  I like the shelves to look stocked but not overly cluttered..my table is looking extremely cluttered.  Hi ho hi ho!  Back to work I go getting the new shelf in here..I am buying it from Joyce's shop for a steal.

hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I'm so glad that you are staying so busy with your shop.  As long as you still love it.  I hope the shelf you get fits perfectly where you envision it.

Joanne, Stacy, and Marisa,  Hope your HUMP DAY! is awesome.

They are switching my job again.  I am training a new person to take the A=day classes, so I will be at the school for the next 2 weeks.  sigh.  I do not thrive on change, and this is driving me crazy.

Good afternoon ladies!

Beth-oh no!  That is so not ok, what will you do?  Why did they switch you?  Sometimes companies just thrive on change, I love stability...I like knowing where I am going and what I am doing.

Joanne-how's it going?  What's on the hooks these days?

Stacy & Marissa-miss ya all!

Things are always soo busy, I am feeling a tiny bit tired today...I had a chamber meeting last night and then my very first craft night this evening..wohoo!  Must gather up the energy to be more excited.  I came in early to set up the kitchen complete with tablecloths, have the iced tea brewing and the coffee pot set.  And I have my new pattern, yarn and hook ready...going to make a Minion scarf, my nephews will love them.  Other than that, working on etsy and such,..have more new goodies to add as well as update all of my other older listings.

Back to work I go!  Hugs n squishes

Hi

Christmas decorations are still up. Haven't had the energy in the frigid temps to go out into the crawl space in my garage to pill the bins out to put the decorations away. Maybe this weekend. Not worrying about it. They'll get done eventually. Lol

Tomorrow night I'm going Into NYC to see wicked. The company is taking the project team out to dinner and then the broadway play. We leave at 4 by limo. Should be fun!!!! Sat morning I get my hair colored by my DD's friend who cut my hair. Then over to play with the boys.

Happy Friday.

Joanne, that sounds so cool.  I'm glad your company is treating you to something special, after all the hard work you've put in!  The decorations can wait for the cold spell to go away.  Enjoy the time with your stylist, and the time with your grandsons.  I didn't realize you were so close to NYC.  I think I need to study Geography a bit more.

LeeAnn, please don't push yourself too hard.  I promise, it isn't worth it.

The woman I am training is very nice, very competent.  It was so awesome to see my A-day students after so long.  They were happy to see me, which was nice.  The last class came in, and literally EVEYBODY gave me a big hug -- and we are talking Middle School kids here!  It was a good day, all things considered.

My puppy is curled up next to me snoring.  I have wanted this exact dog for years!  Now if my cat would stop being scared of him...

Off to teach the children...

Good morning! 

I'm sorry to have been away for a while!  It has been a loooooong break here, with 3 bouts of strep (Eva, Mia, and myself) a ruptured eardrum/infection, and pinkeye (both Mia.)  I guess I should be happy that it happened when they are off school, rather than having to keep them home??  :lol  My hours have been cut at work now that the holidays are over, so I've been able to stay home with them through most of it.

We had a nice Christmas.  Isabella's birthday started off on a bad note despite going to Knott's. When we first arrived, the park was empty.  We went on maybe a dozen rides, but by noon, there was almost no room to walk!  So we left...we had planned to go out for pizza, but Isabella had a crying spell because she really wanted to go to the snow (which was not possible because there isn't any even at the resorts right now.)  Luckily dh suggested the local hot dog place and she was excited about that.  Then we went for ice cream and wandered around the mall. We went to Build-A-Bear the next day, and now my kids are hooked.  LoL  We had a get-together on New Years Eve, played Fruit Ninja and bbq'ed.  One day last week (when i thought everyone was well :lol ) we took a bus trip with some friends to the science center.  Other than that, it's just been cleaning, working, and knitting!  i haven't crocheted in a while...I'm working on this scarf right now but what I really want to do is a cowl...so we will see if there is a way I can connect this thing to make one.  I am still frustratingly slow at knitting but I'm sure it will go faster once I have more practice.  Found a blanket pattern that i would love to make (with chunky yarn, of course!) but at this point, it will take me til the end of this year.  :rofl

Joanne, glad to see you spent time with your Boston dd this Christmas!  The collages sound wonderful.  Did you each make one?

Beth, your new puppy is adorable! And he sounds super-sweet.  Hope the pizza night was fun.  How is Shrimp Boy doing?  The ballpark tradition sounds wonderful.

Leeann, good for you on closing the shop for a few days.  The sledding picture looks so fun!  Are your kiddos back at school already?    WTG on finishing your taxes!

Marisa, hope all is well!

Gotta scoot, my kiddos are yelling for breakfast.  :lol   Love and hugs! 

hi all

Wicked was Wicked Good!!! It was a great play!!! had a good tme, although it took longer to get into the city, because of an accident in the tunnel- Ugh! We were in a comfy limo van though, so at least I wasn't driving. We had to eat dinner quicker than we would have liked in order to make it to the play on time!  it was really an awesome play- and so fun to be in the city! I live about 60 miles or so from NYC but hardly ever go in because there's always so much traffic!! I guess I could take the train, but my favorite city is still Boston!

Stacy- I'm glad that everyone is well- and that things worked out for Isabella's birthday! Seems like you are always doing something to keep them busy and occupied- and that's great! When do you start back up with your classes?

Beth- Glad that you had a good day at work- and I'm sure you felt so good to have your middle schoolers giving you hugs! That's  quite a compliment to you!!! And the great impression you have had on them! I'm happy that your new dog is giving you so much happiness!!

LeeAnn- I just your rubber duckie heart soapies- they are soooo cute!!!

Marisa- Hope all is well

I didn't have my hair colored today- my DD's friend wasn't feeling well- so I'll go next Sat- what's another week in the big scheme of things? LOL I did, however, get Christmas all put away this morning!!!  Laundry is on, it's raining outside, and there's football later on this afternoon- so you know what I'll be doing---crocheting and knitting! LOL

Have a great Saturday!

Hello everybody,

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Joanne, So glad you enjoyed the play.  I'm sorry you didn't get your hair colored.  Congrats on getting the Christmas decorations put away.  It is so warm here -- my daffodils are popping up.

Stacy, It is cool that you had Knotts to yourselves for a bit.  I'm glad everyone is better.

LeeAnn, how goes all the soaping?

Marisa, what'sup in Pittsburgh?

I am still enjoying my puppy.  I used the extra money I got for working over Christmas break to buy a chair and a half, so we'd have plenty of room for snuggling.  He claimed it almost as soon as it came in the door.  I got to meet with one of my crochet buddies today.  I'm still not crocheting very much or for very long since I injured my finger, but it is getting better.

Hi there friends!

Beth-oh no!  you hurt your finger?  Are you ok?  Woohooo for a new chair, how sweet that your furry friend liked it too.

Joanne-we finally put the last of the Christmas decorations in the shed today, seems like we had tons put up.  A limo ride?  ohhh laaa laaaa!  how exciting!  And a  play too?  So happy for you my friend!

Stacy-it is so tough when our kiddos get sick, seems like it is more often when they are younger.  So glad that you were able to stay  home with them and knitting? wowza!  So proud of you!

Things are always so very busy.  The crochet craft a long went well.  I had 4 ladies show up, I was soo very worried that it would just be me.  I am teaching all of them to crochet, I put kits together for them to purchase.  It was nice, we are meeting in 2 weeks, every other Thursday..have more ladies already signed up.  I'm glad I really want to be able to get hooky time in for me but once they learn we can crochet/craft  together. 

Things are always so busy at the shop, the custom orders keep coming in..no complaints but I am a bit tired.  I normally do not work at the shop on Monday's but since we are making a huge event out of National Rubber Ducky Day tomorrow..I will be open.  I have quite a few ducky friends at the shop and am slowly working on Valentine goodies..can't seem to get them all whipped up.  Reminds me..must get a few baskets painted yellow for my ducky theme this week..yikes!  Better get my tush in gear.

Hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, It seems that you are busier than ever!  I'm glad your business is doing so well.  The craft-a-long sounds like a lot of fun.  It will be great when they are crocheting with you, rather than asking for help and advice every 3 stitches.  It comes along.  I ran into one of the girls I taught to crochet, and she's still at it.  Her grandmother, who is all about fashion, asked her to make her a hat. 

Joanne, It's Monday again.  I hope you have a good day -- and it goes quickly.

Stacy, I hope everybody is healthy now.  My kids start college today.  I'm not ready for them to go back. 

Marisa, I miss hearing from you.  I hope everything is great.

I need to get moving -- I am still training the new lady. 

Happy Tuesday!  I am glad Monday is over, but this week is going to be a doozy.  I will be out of my room in the mornings because the school is using my room for standardized testing.  I don't know where I'm going to be, so I don't know where to send the kids who will be affected.  I won't see them again until time for the test.  I worry too much about these things.

I hope you are all having a good week. 

Hugs

HI

Beth- try not to worry so much and let things take its course--easier said than done--ask me how I know....lol

I went to craft club last night- and had fun--felt a little guilty asking one of the gals to figure out my mistake on the knitted cabled scarf- but she said she didn't mind and she figured out what I did and showed me--so I'm make on a roll with it. slow and steady!

Going to frog the shawlette I started and start over with a larger hook. It doesn' have much drape with the I hook I'm using- I'm going to try a J or K and see how it falls. At least it's easy to frog crocheting!!!

LeeAnn- before you know it you'll have a group of folks crocheting WITH you!!! how fun- and kudos on your shop doing so well. It's nice to be working at something you are passionate about!

Stacy and Marisa- sending cyber hugs!

Top of the morning friends!

Yesterday was a doozy for sure.  Glad today is another day.

Beth-yikes!  Not very good at letting things fall into place, drives me kinda crazy but you may just have to throw caution to the wind and "enjoy the ride" so to speak.

Joanne-I'm so very very glad that you were able to go to craft night, how fun!  It really is neat to get together with folks.

Still plugging away here, have had a few sales this week..it's been slow but we were expecting January to crawl by.  This weekend is the Ice Fest, my shop is on the map, this should bring folks in.  Labeling and adding goodies to etsy..finally getting a chance to work on listings. 

Hugs n squishes!!!

HI all,

Happy, Happy Friday!!!!

Little Ryan is in a cast on his left foot! He fell down a few stairs and the xrays looked ok except the pediatric ortho said that it looked like the 4th metatarsal on his foot was 'off' so for 2 wks he is in a cast and can't walk on it!

I stopped and bought a few goodies for him, including stickers!  Will be stopping by again tonight to see him and give DD a little break I think tonight we'll play with play-doh!

Have a good day everyone!

Joanne, sorry to hear Ryan is in a cast.  I hope he isn't hurting.  It is so great that you are close enough to help your daughter.  Play dough rocks!  Enjoy.  How nice of the lady at craft club to help you figure out your mistake and get you back on track.  Can't wait to see it!  I think cables are gorgeous!

LeeAnn, a slow month may be what you need to recuperate from the whirlwind of Christmas.  Ice fest sounds like a great marketing opportunity.  How are your kids doing?

Stacy, what classes are you taking this semester?

Marisa, wishing you well.

So I plotted and planned and made arrangements, and ended up with no morning classes.  The 8th graders took a practice writing exam during our scheduled time, so I didn't see them.

It would have been nice to know that I could have spent the morning sitting in the teacher's lounge.

Archived