Some good clean fun?!

Good afternoon ladies!

How are you all?  Busy I am sure. 

Beth-it's almost vacation time! :yay :yay  I am so excited for you!  That is wonderful that your wonderful daughter is so helpful, you have done an amazing job :manyheart :manyheart I am a creature of habit, I like knowing what I am going to do with my day, hope today isn't too stressful for you.

Joanne-thank you so very much for sharing your pattern, brought my crochet needles with me today but forgot the thick and chunky yarn.  I have a bit of the ribbon yarn here guess that will have to work.  :yes   Your finished projects are stunning!  Love the cowls and the scarf is just beautiful!

Stacy-how are you my friend?  Working tons of hours?  How's the family?

Marisa-hope you are feeling better.  How was your weekend?

Going to work on a bit of paperwork and then perhaps get a bit of hooky time in..I have been a bit busy this morning.  Hugs n squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

another snowy morning- but only ended up with about 3 inches. Thankfully, the roads were pretty good and the commute back/forth wasn't too bad. I'm ready for spring! LOL

I'm looking forward to next week. 1/2 day on Christmas Eve and then the rest of the week off!!!! They finally approved my vacation request for Thurs and Friday off--DD is taking the train down from Boston and will arrive on Christmas day and then stay until Sunday. She and I are babysitting for the boys next Saturday which will be fun.

Beth My DD was only getting substitute pay which isn't alot. That's why she makes more as a bartender (with the tips) If she was a full time employee, she would probably make more as a teacher. Fingers crossed that something turns up for her for next year.

LeeAnn- How did the ribbon yarn work out for you? I think it's neat that you are starting a craft club at your shop! Great way to have fun and bring in some more business.

Stacy and Marisa- sending good wishes your way!

Off to eat dinner- chicken noodle soup for this chilly evening!

Hello everybody,

Joanne, we haven't had any snow here.  I think it might help me get in the mood for Christmas if we did get some.  I am glad you are getting some vacation time while your dd is visiting.  What fun to babysit the boys together!

LeeAnn, I love the idea of a craft group meeting in your store!  I hope it is a lot of fun.  Will your daughter be joining you then?

Marisa, I hope you are feeling better.

Stacy, what are you doing now that school is out?

I am working in the office today.  I am supposed to have training tomorrow at a hotel.  Luckily, it is local.  Some people are driving from pretty far away.  Friday would be a half day at school, so I will have a great day whether I'm in the office or at the school.  I am scheduled for the office, but they have changed things on me before. 

I ordered some clearance yarn from Yarnspirations.  It came yesterday.  It is prettier in real life than in the picture.  I can't wait to start playing with it, but need to get some of my other projects finished first.  I hope I will have time to crochet over my two week break.  My yarn is Patons classic wool in "Harmony" which is burgundy, light blue, cream, and green.  They are all favorite colors, so I am really excited to play with it.  I may try some felting.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, I'm finally feeling a bit better!  I still have 2 pills left of my antibiotic, which apparently I'm allergic to because I have a rash from it.  I decided to tough it out and just keep applying some cortisone cream.  I figured it's just 10 days of the meds and I didn't want to interrupt the effectiveness of the antibiotic to make sure it's 100% gone before I go home for the weekend with my mom still having the lowered immune system.  Ugh!

My dad was here from Sunday to Tuesday and we moved my new table on Monday that I bought off the lady that just retired :clap  My patients are just as excited about it as I am.  I've already gotten 2 of her patients and have a 3rd scheduled after the new year! 

I hope you're all doing well, I just breezed through the posts and may have missed some important information :think  It's super cold here and I feel like it just keeps snowing, but it's not really sticking and amounting to much, which is good. Now it's supposed to go up to the 60s this weekend! :eek

Hello hello!

Beth-new yarn!  woohooo!  Sounds wonderful and the colors sound so very pretty!  I am getting back into crocheting, here at the shop that is, but I sure have missed it.  I am hoping that my Celine can join us on Crochet nights, she is a busy gal.  She just joined another school activity.  That puts her in:  choir, drama, SADD and GearUp.  My ds is in GearUp, it is a wonderful program that gets kiddos looking into college campus's and community activities.  It feels wonderful to play with yarn.  Hopefully your day goes well.  What will you do with yourself on vacation?

Joanne-the ribbon yarn takes more time to crochet up but the scarf is really pretty.  I will post a pic soon :yay   Hope your day at work is warm and fast.  Did you have to move to a different spot in the building?  How exciting that your dd will be here for the holiday.  And baby sitting together :manyheart

Marisa-hopefully the meds will do the trick in spite of the rash.  Feel better soon!

Back to paperwork..I have been putting it off as usual.  :lol   Hugs n squishes!

Quick stop in to wish you all a good Thursday!!!

I had some R&R time after work last night and got home around 9-- it was fun- Ryan is talking a mile a minute now--and is such a joy! Robbie at 9 mos is crawling all over- standing---and is such a cutie! 

Hoping to finish up wrapping gifts tonight after getting my nails done after work. Busy time of year for sure!

Hugs to all!

hello hello!  How is everyone today?

Beth-thinking of you and hoping that today and tomorrow fly by! 

Joanne-your grand's are just dolls.  How sweet!  Talking and crawling already.  Goodness!  Time flies by!

I am feeling a bit like slow motion today..don't feel like rushing..just feel like taking it easy.  I am going to gather up yarn and hook and play some more.  Finished the scarf and told myself to bring in the thick and chunky yarn but forgot again. :cry   so guess I will have to make another ribbon scarf..they are fairly easy once you get the hang of it.

hugs n squishes dear friends!

Hello, 

Marisa, congrats on the new table and the new patients.  I'm so glad to hear that your business is growing.  I hope you are much better by now, and have a good trip to see your folks.

LeeAnn, I think shutting down your Etsy shop for a week is a very good idea.  I am glad you are so busy, but try not to overdo it.  Are the kids excited about Christmas?

Joanne, love the projects you've done.  I need to get back into crocheting.  I haven't decided on a small project yet, so I still have the big ones looming over me, and I am not ready to face them yet. 

Stacy, Are the girls out of school for Christmas yet?  We have a half day today.  It's my last day teaching my "A" day students.  It is official.  I am job sharing with a young lady.  She is taking A days, and doing financial stuff at the office on B-days.  I am teaching B-days, and doing software corrections and support on A days.  I am happy about it.  I feel kind of sorry for the other teacher, though.  She has the worst kids.  I do have some lively ones, but it is better than it was.  We had training yesterday.  I am working two days after Christmas in the office.  I am in charge of a group that is troubleshooting part of our curriculum.  Ah, the power!  It's rushing to my head! 

Happy Friday!!!

Beth- It seems like things at work may finally be settling down into a routine for you!! I hope that is the case. I'm so much happier now that I've taken a step down the food chain--My co-workers have noticed how much less stressed I am--so I guess it was showing more than I realized!  Nice to go in and do my job- and then go home at the end of the day and leave work at work.

I got my nails done after work, then I came home and instead of finishing up wrapping, I decided to finish the knitted cowl I was making. It's off the needles now- and by the time I finished I was tired so left the ends to be weaved in for tonight. Now to decide what I want to make next! LOL Knit? Crochet? Start two projects? Finally finish up the Sunny Square Spread? (have 4 more squares to do and then join). Oh, the decisions! LOL

Oops- just looked at the clock---I'd better get off the computer and start getting ready ----can you believe it's supposed to be in the 60's by Sunday here? Crazy weather for sure!

Hugs!

Good afternoon ladies!

Joanne-I finally have the right yarn and hook..can't wait to try out your pattern and give it a go..so excited!  I am so very happy that your work is easier and less stressful.  Less stress is always a good thing.  Isn't it nice?

Beth-ohhh laaa laaaa..a new schedule sounds wonderful.  Only today left..maybe it's already time for you to go home?

I have had a slamming busy morning..I have lots of empty shelves..going to have to work like an elf to make more product.  Looks like I will not have as much left over Christmas products..what a relief.  I will be coming into the shop on Tuesday to deliver a special order..I wasn't planning on it..but the things I will do for a customer. 

Going to sit and play with hook and yarn..I should be working on paperwork..but it will be there.  hugs n squishes!

Good morning

LeeAnn- How did the crocheting come along yesterday? Did you have time to play with yarn? Love that your DH got you a microwave for your shop! That will come in very handy! Having lots of empty shelves is a good thing- it means you are off to a great start!

Beth- Happy Vacation- although i see you have your schedule worked out and will have to work a few days over the break. Sounds like things are turning out well for you! Did you get to play with your new yarn yet?

Marisa- Wonderful news that you are feeling better! Enjoy your times with your new friend- and congrats on the new patients!

Stacy- Loved those gift tags you posted on FB--they were so cute. Are your finals done? How long are you off before you start the next semester?

I decided to start another cowl last night- knitted- simple 2X2 rib with some yarn I had picked up at the LYS. We;ll see how this goes.

Well, I'd better get off the computer and start my weekly 'to do's" Have a wonderful day!

Hi friends!

It has been a while!  :eek   My chickpeas are off from school- last Friday was their last day, half-day but I had to work until 6 so they went to the after-school program.  They are off until Jan. 13.  My dad will be arriving on Christmas afternoon, so he can watch them when I have to work over break.  My classes are officially over and I have A's in all of them.  :whew  That's a relief, because my English class was right down to the wire.  She had said she stopped grading about a week before the class ended, because she was "tired of reading crappy writing."  :2eek   Someone reported her to the head of the department, and she finally graded all of our submissions. 

I took Mia to the doctor for her back.  Our pediatrician immediately dismissed scoliosis, but I'm still not sure.  She was supposed to send out the x-rays for expert reading and I haven't heard back.  We are switching insurance in January and I opted for a pediatrician in the same office.  I'm sure it will be uncomfortable for a while, but I don't feel that she is a good fit for the issues that Mia has. 

I still need to buy some stocking stuffers, but other than that, we are set for Christmas.  The girls are super-excited, of course.  They want to leave bunuelos and hot chocolate for Santa this year instead of the usual milk and cookies.  Bunuelos are fried tortillas topped with cinnamon sugar...so this Santa doesn't mind the change!  :lol 

Joanne, sorry to hear your dd dried the cowl.  That was sweet of you to whip out a new one.  They are all beautiful!  Is Ryan ready for Christmas? 

Marisa, hope all is well and that you are feeling better.  :hug

Beth, hope your new job is going better than the last one.  How are your inventions these days? 

Leeann, good luck with your crochet classes!  It will be so fun, I'm sure! 

Well I guess I'd better scoot.  I had planned to finish Isabella's hooded scarf by Christmas, but ran out of yarn yet again.  Don't know whether I should make a quick run out to Michael's tonight or just wait until early morning.  Love and hugs! 

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve!

Stacy- Congrats to you on all A's!!! That AWESoME! and AmAZING!  I think Santa will love the change-up in snack at your house!  Good news about the non-scoliosis!

I have 1/2 day of work today- and then have to stop at the store to get something for DH. Yes, here i am last minute shopping- EEK! I may just opt to get a gift card so he can go shopping after Christmas and get a new toy! He love electronics and new gadgets!

We go to my DD's MIL's late afternoon/early evening for Christmas eve dinner--and then tomorrow all 3 of my DD's will be here!  LOVE!

Must get ready--have a wonderful day!

Top of the morning friends!

Happy Christmas Eve!

I wish you all the very best!  Time spent with family is priceless.

Joanne-I have one last gift to get..but it's going to be a gift card..they are just easier and super fun because then you can pick out what you want. 

Stacy-Congratulations!  All A's!  I am so very proud of you!  Sopa's as we like to call Bunellos' sound like a perfect gift for Santa.  yumm!

Beth-hope you are relaxing and getting lots of hooky time in.

Marisa-Have a Merry Christmas with your family.

I have been a busy bee as usual.  The family baked cookies on Sunday, it was so much fun!  We whipped them out in no time.  They are almost all gone.  Today I have to run to the shop to meet a customer, I may stay open for a few hours..no later than 1 then plan on stopping at my sister's mother in-laws house, my sister and her family drove in last night.  We cooked them dinner and had a nice visit.  My dd and I are going to make a  cherry pie some time today..we have a frozen one but of course she wants a homemade pie..

My Etsy shop is closed..it's been a wonderful break.  I worked on a tiny bit of new product yesterday but need to get more things whipped up..especially sugar scrubs other  than the holiday ones I am down to less than 10.. :lol   New soapy containers arrived last week...can't wait to play.  The lego soaps have been such a hit, going to try other small soaps in favor boxes..will share pics as soon as they are whipped up.

Joanne-I whipped up the cowl in the thick and chunky!  Thank you for sharing your pattern, it was super easy to remember and work on in between customers.  I will have my dd model and take pics to share with you all.

Have a wonderful day!  hugs n squishes!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!! I felt so blessed to have all 3 DD's here and my GS! It was perfect!!! they loved their chunky cowls and the boys loved their gifts. Well, honestly Robbie doesn't have a clue, but Ryan had fun opening up the presents...and then playing with them. Grammie has quite a bunch of toys /books/puzzles here now!!! LOL

My oldest bought the book" Make Way for Ducklings" for the boys to commemorate the time we spent in Boston for youngest DD's 30th birthday- There is a sculpture in Boston Public Gardens that's a favorite Boston landmark.

It pays tribute to Robert McCloskey’s popular children book, written in 1941, about a family of ducks who make their home here. To reach the lagoon in the Public Garden, Mrs. Mallard, the mother duck, leads her babies across a series of dangerous streets assisted by a friendly police officer. Because of the story’s close association with Boston, no replicas exist in other cities, with the exception of an installation in Gorky Park in Moscow at the request of Russian First Lady Raisa Gorbachev.

We all signed the book for Ryan and Robbie with special memories we had of our trip.

DH gave me $ for Christmas to go shopping with--think one of the places will be the new LYS!

So happy I have today and tomorrow off work! That's like a bonus Christmas present!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Good afternoon friends!

Joanne-your holiday sounds just wonderful, so happy for you my friend!  What is on the agenda for today?

Beth-hope your holiday was fantastic and that it cooled down for you.

Stacy-bet your gals had a great time!  how did the sopa's turn out for Santa?

Marisa-looks like you all were having a great time!

Yesterday was so nice and busy at the same time.  We did all of the cooking, the hubby and I..we got it all done in time but boy was it work.  We spent the evening with my sister and her family.  All of her babies are growing up so fast!  Tonight we are having an early Birthday celebration for my sweet Celine.  Her birthday is on Sunday but she wanted to celebrate it with her cousins, we are having rootbeer floats and pizza.  Stopped at the store this morning and picked up the ice cream and such, John will be ordering the pizza's and picking them up this evening.  It should be super fun. 

other than that, nothing too exciting..it has been very slow in the shop today..makes me worry but I am hoping that folks will come back in.  Praying that things can pick up soon.

going to eat lunch.  Hugs n squishes!

Good morning!

Yesterday dd and I baked some choc chip cookies after we both slept in. Then in the afternoon we went to my dd house and they baked an apple crumb cake whil I played with the boys. We went for a nice walk too. We got back here about 10

Today we are going to the apple store since DD's laptop battery isn't charging. Then we are going to shop for a skirt for her. She wanted one for Christmas and I told her we would get it while she is here also going to look for picture frames since last night we put together a collage for all of us and we'll pick up the pictures today.

LeeAnn-happy early birthday to Celine!!! The pizza party and root bear floats sounds like fun!!!!

Beth-- hope all is well and that u had an enjoyable Christmas and are relishing the days off from work

Stacy. Love pd the pics on fb.

Marisa. Saw your pics too and it looks like the clan had a fun- filled Christmas. When do u come back to Pitt?

Off to get some coffee and read for a. It. DH just left for work and it's quiet on the home front.

Hugs!

hello hello!

Joanne-an apple crumb cake sounds just   How fun!  Hope you found lots of wonderful goodies while out shopping with your dd.

I am debating on whether to be open next week, Joyce is closing up shop Tuesday-Thursday, she said that in years past it was dead as a doornail..this way we can rest and I can whip up all of the new products that are floating in my noggin..what do you all think?  I'm scared to close and loose customers that may want to return for goodies.

The party went well last night, I fell asleep early still feeling tired..going to change one of my display areas..it's the one with laundry soap..going to try something new..  photo's coming soon.

hugs n squishes!

HI all, Sorry I've been MIA -- It's been good -- very busy.  I love hearing about your Christmases.  We had a very strange one -- we all slept in, we didn't decorate much, we didn't do much special cooking.  We did decide on a new tradition for Christmas dinner:  my husband made steak.  My daughter and I did the mashed potatoes and all the sides.  It was really good, and a lot less work than the old traditions.  I've been working.  I like what I do at the office. 

LeeAnn, if the stores are usually slow, you should take a break, get your stock built back up, and get your Valentine's and Easter goodies going.  I am glad you got to see your sister and her babies.  I hope Celine enjoys her early birthday celebration.  It sounds really good to me!

Joanne, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!  Enjoy the time with everyone together!  Enjoy shopping at your LYS!  I hope you'll post some pics of the new yarn you pick.

Stacy, way to go on all the A's!  That's great!  My daughter got a C in her precalc class, but there is a very low passing rate, so that's not too bad. Except for that grade, everyone has A's and B's.  No complaints from this mom!  I think their classes start back on the 16th.  Mine start back on the 2nd.  That's just not fair!!! 

Marisa, I love the pics on facebook.  It looks like your family knows how to have fun! 

I started a new project.  I am making a hammock for my dd's Build-A-Bear animals.  I am using scrap yarn.  It is so bright and colorful.  It is fast and mindless, too.  It's going to be 68".  It's probably close to 50 now.  I hope I will post pics when I am done. 

So what are you doing for New Year's Eve? 

Good morning,

Beth- I like your new Christmas dinner tradition! I always make lasagne- have been since my kiddos were little. It's easy--and I'm all about easy! This year, DH wanted a roast beef too- so we put a roast in the oven as well---and it's great to have leftovers!

The hammock for the build a bear collections sounds like a fun way to use up scrap yarn!

LeeAnn- I agree with Beth- if the stores are normally slow, I would close too and build up stock for the upcoming holidays such as Valentines', St Pat's-   I've seen a few of the LYS's around here that send me newsletters are closing for a holiday break and re-opening after the New Year.

Stacy- LOVE the pic of you and your DD--I can see why it is a favorite picture!

DD and I went to the Apple Store and initially told her because of the holiday rush it may take 2 days  to have it fixed. She explained that she was from Boston and needed to use her computer- they fixed it in a hour!  It was the battery that was dead- and since she had warranty it was free to replace! She's a happy girl- We also did a little shopping and although she didn't find a skirt she wanted she did find a pair of pants, and a few shirts. We went to B&N and I used my gift card to buy a book on knitting socks two at a time- (my goal is to learn how to knit socks) and also bought a calendar that features scenes from the Jersey Shore.

DH took us out to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. I'd never had Vietnamese food before and it was really good. DD really enjoyed it too!

We are babysitting the boys later on today/overnight! Oh, I made a chunky cowl last night for my DD's room-mate. Just have to weave in ends-which I am going to do now.  That, and get a cup of coffee!!

Have a great Saturday!

We had fun watching the boys- but i didn't have fun when Robbie woke me up this morning at 4:45AM- of course he has gone back to sleep- but I'm wide awake now! No use going back to sleep- I'm sure Ryan will be up shortly. My DD is going back to Beantown this aftrnoon- I take her to the train mid afternoon- We've had a wonderful time together and I'm going to miss her. I'm so glad she came down for Christmas this year!

No plans for New Years Eve --I'm happy to stay home, safe and sound --and we're predicted to have snow new Year's day- a perfect day to stay in and crochet, read, knit--not necessarily in that order! LOL

I finished the hammock.  It is in service already.  If she had a place to hang them, she could probably fill two more just like the first one I made. 

Joanne, sorry you had the early morning wake-up call.  Your New Year's Eve plans sound just about perfect to me.

LeeAnn, I hope you are having a good weekend.  Are you getting any rest, or making product like crazy?  Did you decide to stay closed next week? 

Stacy, are you enjoying your winter break? 

Marisa, I hope things are going well for you. 

My next project is going to be a BIG bag.  I have a bunch of yarn with no clear use, and the obsession to collect totes for my yarny projects. 

HI all,

Busy, busy day at work- to be expected after a few days off. But I left on time- it IS craft club night after all! LOL

Beth- WTG on completing the hammock. I finished another chunky cowl- now have 2 in waiting for gifts! I also finished a ribbed knit cowl and am bringing needles and yarn to CC tonight to start a cabled scarf!

Stacy- I saw on FB that you went to Knott's today for Isabella's birthday! Happy Birthday to her!!!

Marisa- Are you home in Pitt or staying at your folks through the New Year?

LeeAnn- did you decide to close shop for a few days?

DD is home safe and sound- she texted last night- I miss her already!

Better go grab a bite to eat and then head out to CC!!

I had a good day at work today.  I finished everything right at closing time -- perfection!  I am off until Thursday, when I go to the school.  I hope the kids are all mellow after their break.  I don't expect them to be, but I can dream, right?

Joanne, I hope you had fun working with the knitted cabled cowl.  I love cables!

Stacy, I hope your birthday girl enjoyed her time at Knott's.  What a fun place for a birthday celebration!

LeeAnn, I hope you are enjoying soapy goodness, getting some hook time in, and kicking back a bit. 

Marisa, when you travel, be safe! 

So what is the traditional New Year's Eve celebration in your area?  The local one here is Hoppin' John, which is black eyed peas.  Back in my part of Ohio, it's pork roast and sauerkraut. 

HI all,

Quick stop in since I'm running behind this AM.

Beth- I don't know what is considered 'traditional' fare for New Years- but I've heard about the black eyed peas. We had baked chicken, sweet potatoes and salad.  LOL

The cables are so cool, but to me a little fiddly still. I only have to cable every 5th row so it's not bad. I started a crocheted blanket for my DH using Homespun Thick and Quick- and I'm loving how fast it goes! I also pulled out a hibernating knit blanket and worked a few rows on that.  I had a very lazy day yesterday going from project to project. I got all the laundry done including sheets so that's a plus that I won't have that chore to do on the weekend!

we are forecast for a blizzard, starting tonight around 6 through tomorrow afternoon, so if that pans out, which all forecasts seem to indicate it will, I won't be going into work tomorrow. 

Have a good day all

Oh, LeeAnn- I love that sled you have!! And the view in your yard is absolutely beautiful!

Archived