Some good clean fun?!

Happy Monday my ladies!

Hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend.

Beth-we didn't plant a garden this year either, hopefully next year..it is a lot of work.  Good work on your baby ghan!  I can't believe that you finished it so quickly.  wow!  The colors look great!  I am positive that the soon to be papa will love and cherish it.

Joanne-did you make it to the Farmer's Market? 

This weekend was another busy one..whew!  I worked Saturday..kinda it was soo dead at the shops because we had a local festival going on..folks just weren't in the mood to shop.  Yesterday I went with dh and our neighbors to haul wood..what a work out!  Holy moly!  My body was in shock..the altitude made me sick..felt like I was breathing in razor blades..I had to use an inhaler..we did it though!  We came back with 2 loads, one for Sherry & Wayne and one for us..they had never hauled before, we all worked hard but we had  great company, were in the mountains and had ourselves an adventure. 

My ds started his job today, we was ready super early.  He is not driving as much but he will start again.  He will be getting his license in August, he's so excited!

lots to catch up on today, have to get my B-day etsy sale ready.  I am trying to have one every year..so far I am on my 3rd year.

have the bestest day friends!  hugs n squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cake:bday :birthdayHappy Birthday, LeeAnn  I hope you have a fun-filled day.  When I was a kid, we had a wood-burning stove.  Most of the time, my dad took the boys to get the wood, but I was out there more than once.  We didn't have any altitude to deal with, but it was still hard work.  The old saying:  cut your wood yourself, and it warms you twice.  How nice to go with friends.

I hope Christopher is enjoying his job.  Keep us posted.

Joanne, did you get the shawl finished?  How is work?  What adventures are the grandsons up to?

Well, I need to get running.  This would be my last full day of classes, but the 8th graders are having a basketball tournament instead, so it's my second-to-last day of teaching this year.  Eager for summer!

Have a great day!

Top of the morning ladies!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!  I am grateful for all of you!  It just hit me today that my birthday is kind of a landmark.  Last year at this time I was telling myself that I wanted to open up my own store front before I turned 40..thankfully that happened a couple of years earlier.  It's all so hard to take in at times how much my life has changed.  I always feel like I am too lucky but I will take it. 

Beth-hoping that the last 2 days with kiddos flies by.  :cheer

Joanne-did you make it to craft night?  sure hope so!

back to listing on Etsy.  Going to have lunch with my good friend Sherry..what a great life!  hugs n squishes!

Happy birthday Leeann!!!!

You seem to be having the time of your life!!!!!!

I did go to cc last night and Beth, I did finish the shawl. Well except for the blocking I need to get some euclan to wash it and then block it. I'm going to job. The next KAL at the LYS and it starts Friday night. I'll buy the stuff then and then block the shawl this weekend We are going to be knitting a chevron scarf. I've also been plugging away on the garter stitch blanket. It is my mindless knitting. I feel like crocheting too but can't decide what to make.

Enjoy the summer. Wish I had summers off.

I babysat Sunday while dd and sil went to look at houses. Robbie was awake and Ryan was napping. I had some fun time with Robbie. Then after they got back and Ryan woke up I brought him to my house and DH and I took him to the park by the waterfront. We had a great time and he had a ball going up and down he slide a million times. Lol. He had dinner with us and then we brought him home. Now that he is almost three it is soooooo much fun.

Happy hump day tomorrow.

Joanne, your evening with your grandsons sounds like a dream!  I imagine they are growing up so very fast.  Congratulations on finishing your shawl.  Sounds like you've taken to knitting like a duck to water.  What colors will your chevron project be?

LeeAnn, you work hard and deserve every good thing that happens to you!!!  I'm glad you are enjoying your store front.  I'm so glad you are doing well. 

I didn't pick up my crochet hook, and I still haven't blocked the baby afghan.  Today is an early dismissal day at school.  I am supposed to have all 6 classes, but they will only be half and hour or less.  It will be weird.  I am looking forward to working in the office with shorter hours and Fridays off all summer. 

I'm going to use some Madeline tosh light merino yarn that I got for half price at the LYS when they had customer appreciation day. I do enjoy the knitting but it is much slower than crocheting.

Enjoy your Fridays off in the summer. Wish we had summer hours.

I stopped to see the gs after work. Brought them a treat and played and read stories. Loved it!!! Dd and sil put a bid on the house and the owners counter offered they now have a decision to make. Dd loves the house so we'll see

Lee Ann is tonight your crochet club??? What's on your hooks???

Happy Friday!!!!! So glad!!!!!

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday the 13Th :manyheart

My dad has always said these days are lucky, I believe it.  However, I scratched a scratch ticket that I had received for my b-day...not a winner but I still feel lucky.

Beth-Ohh laaa laaa the weekend is almost here my friend, what will you be doing?

Joanne-your grands are so very lucky to have you.  Spending time with them is the best.

Last night we had our craft a long, it was fun..  I have another new student, she was having such a difficult time crocheting a chain, any suggestions?

I have been working extremely hard on my etsy shop all week, I am going to reward myself with a bit of hooky play today.  I started another ripple from Attic24, I love her patterns.  So easy to follow.  This smaller ghan will be for my mom, she asked for one without holes and in winter colors..check check.. :yay

have a great weekend if I don't make it back till Monday.  Hugs n squishes!

Tonight after work we are headed to my sister's house.  Can you all believe that the twins will be 2 on the 16th?  Oh my gosh!  They are growing up so very fast!  My sister is having a birthday party for them tomorrow.  We are all so very excited to see them.  My sissy and I are also going in to get our hair done.. I am getting a new hair makeover..I told hubby I am going drastic..I may come home blond, red..who knows?  :lol

LeeAnn, it is hard to believe that the twins will be 2!  Time certainly flies.  I'm shocked at how OLD my nephews and nieces are -- so many birthdays around this time.  I hope you have a very enjoyable weekend visiting.  Your craft-a-long seems to be growing quite quickly.  Can't wait to see your new hair color.  I vote for red. 

Joanne, is the chevron pattern one color, or will you be changing colors?  I hope you have a great weekend.  Anything fun planned?

I decided to switch dentists, and called the new one yesterday to set up appointments.  They had an opening that day.  So I spent my free morning in the chair.  I am a lot happier with this dentist than the old one.  He actually seems happy to be doing what he's doing, and he has an amazing sense of humor.  After I went to the school to get the room cleaned up and the keys turned in, I took my daughter to Verizon to get a new cellphone.  Hers was OLD, and keys weren't working, the screen would go blank -- not useful at all.  So we got her a phone.  They couldn't transfer her pictures, so we bought a memory card for it.  She is having trouble getting that to work.  Sigh.  The drama.

Have a fun Saturday!

Good morning ladies!

Beth-going to the dentist is no fun but so glad that you were able to switch to one that made it more comfortable and enjoyable.  How's your dd's new phone?  My kiddos both have older phones but my ds..he has my old one..his birthday is coming up..hmm..  I am so very glad that you received your goodies and that you liked everything, I really love whipping up new goodies.

Joanne-did you have an enjoyable weekend?  How's the knitting/crocheting coming along? Did dd and sil find a new home?

This last weekend was fabulous!  We drove up to Johnstown on Friday night, I drove..we arrived early than I had thought..10:30, we stayed up chatting then it was up early Saturday morning.  Had my hair done..the highlights are light..not what I am used to but my family is convinced that I look more "hip"..wondering if I was looking uuuu "not so hip"  :no   We had the birthday party for the girlies at 2:30, it was so laid back and fun.  They are sure growing up super fast.  They were totally confused between my sister and me..Savannah started calling me "Aunty Mommy" soo sweet..so then Isabella picked up  on it, that is my new name.  I LOVE it!  I pretty much played with them the entire weekend.  My ds was a little jealous.. :lol   he said, "Mom, you didn't have to hold them sooo much" that's ok..I am their favorite aunty..I had to spoil them all.  My nephews are growing up to be fine young men.  Sean is 21, Jonathon is almost 11 and Lucas is 6.  My sister sure has her hands full.  Their house is buzzing all the time..no time for rest.  Wow!  Lots of laundry and dishes and picking up of toys..I helped her as much as I could but it really was never ending.

Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon in my studio whipping up new soapies.  Going to prop them for pictures then add them to my etsy shop. I didn't bring everything that I had made in..I have new Root Beer Popsicle soaps :clap  I can't wait to share all of them with you.  I am super excited about them..and the All Natural Bug Spray, All Natural Hand Cleaner.need to get those propped and such..off to work I go.

Hugs n squishes dear friends!  Missed you all this weekend :hug

LeeAnn, rootbeer popsicles -- how cool!  I love "Aunty Mommy."  I think that would melt me in a heartbeat!  I'm so glad you enjoyed the weekend.  It's kind of sweet that your son was jealous.  He sounds very caring.

Joanne, I hope things are going great for you.  Did your dd and sil decide to counter-offer on the house?

Well, I don't feel like I'm on break yet, though it is really nice to just go to the office. Biggest problem is that it is really easy to go out for lunch from there, so I don't go home like I should.  I  am spending too much money.

Speaking of work, I need to get ready.  I hope you have an awesome day.  LeeAnn, can't wait to see all the new goodies in the Etsy shop.

Good morning ladies!

Boy of boy the mornings seem to whiz by.  We are having a Rodeo in our town this week along with the ArtWalk this weekend, lots to do...lots of folks coming in.  It sure is keeping me hopping.

Beth-I bet it is nice being close to food..I miss that.  If I do not pack a lunch, I am at the mercy of my dh.  Joyce relieves me when she can but eating here is tough to do.  I try to have lots of snacks on hands, fresh fruit and crackers.  Are you working on any hooky projects?

Joanne-hope your week is going well.

I am uploading the new soapy pictures..sure can take awhile.  Hugs n squishes!

Hello, and Happy Friday!

I'm off today, and have a couple minor errands to run, then plan on just relaxing!  I am working on the relaxing already.  I am planning to work a bit on my granny stripe afghan.  I finished another ball yesterday, didn't feel like starting the next one, so I need to get that worked out, and start working in ends.  My goal for the summer is to finish that project.  I'd love to get one more done, as well, either the bag or the granny spiral.

Joanne, Happy Friday to you!  Do you have any plans for this weekend?

LeeAnn, how is the rodeo and the art walk?  I'll bet you are busy!

Hi LeeAnn, don't work too hard!  I hope this is a fun-filled, exciting weekend. 

Joanne, I hope you are enjoying your Saturday. 

I am now going to step away from the computer (gasp!), pour my second cup of wake-up juice, and sit in a comfy chair with my crochet!  Have a good one!

We went to my nieces graduation party yesterday and I was so surprised when my cousin and hubby showed up from NH!! I didn't know they were coming. It was wonderful to see them.. My brother and sil from CT were there also. We had a great time!!! Didn't get home till 11. Today I'm watching the boys all day. Will bring them here after their naps so I can do some laundry and cleaning. Glad the weather is going to cooperate so we can have some outdoor play time too. Needless to say I wish I was off work tomorrow!!!

I went to the LYS Friday night after work and worked on the scarf for the KAL they are doing

One more week of work and then I'm off for a week and two days!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!!

Joanne, Congratulations to your niece!  How nice to see family from out-of-town!  I'm glad you had a good time.  Enjoy your time with the boys today!  How wonderful!!!  How is the knitting coming along? 

LeeAnn, I hope things are going great at your shop.  Are you open on Sundays?  Just curious.

I had a good day yesterday.  I finished 4 stripes on my afghan, decided my bag is not a practical size, so I frogged it with my dd's help.  It is much easier to frog a 2-strand project with another set of hands rolling up one of the balls.  I started it less long, will make it wider, and have 20 rows of the bottom done. This will be a tote for things I carry to school.

Remember me??  Sorry I was MIA..it sure was busy around here!  I feel like I am finally catching my breath..whew!

Joanne-Congratulations to your niece.  :manyheart   Seeing family is always fun and exciting!  I love catching up with old friends and long lost family.  How's Paradise?  I bet you are counting down the days until your vacation, what will you be doing?

Beth-how's your paradise in your neck of the woods?  Are you just loving having Friday's off?  How's the crocheting coming along?

Last week was insane!  I am so very glad that I brought my dd in on Thursday & Friday.  She is learning how to run my cash register.  We are slamming..lots of sales.  So thankful as I have a few bills that I need to get paid and also want to pay myself, this doesn't happen as often as I would like, but I am excited.  :cheer   I have new Gardening Gift Sets and products to put out, going to switch up my display cases today as the Rodeo has come and gone. Lots of new ideas floating around in my head but I wanted to check on all of you.

hugs n squishes! :ghug

Lee Ann. Wow you have been a busy beaver. Lol. How great that your dd is helping you out. I'm thrilled that the shop is doing so well

Great news!!!middle dd got a fall time job teaching art in hs!!!! I'm so happy for her

Joanne-Congratulations to your dd! :hug I bet she is super duper excited! 

Beth-how ya doing today?

Finished putting out the new products yesterday, gave the shop a good cleaning too.  Must catch up on paperwork today..have lots to catch up on in my Business binder, I try to keep things organized but have been very lazy filing. 

Hugs n squishes!

Hello,

LeeAnn, so nice that your dd can help you with the register.  I am glad you were super busy, even if it is tiring.  So nice to get paid for all that work. 

Joanne, Congratulations to your daughter!!!  I'm so happy for you guys!!!  I'll bet she's over the moon!  Is she going to be nearby?

Well, I went to the dermatologist for my annual exam, and he sliced off a mole to be tested, but said he'd see me next year, so hopefully that means it isn't very serious.  I always kind of freak out a bit when he does that.  We found a new dentist.  Three of us went to him so far, and we all have cavities.  My dd had an appointment to get two of hers filled yesterday at 6 p.m.  I couldn't believe it was that late!  She is quite happy with this dentist in comparison to the last one, so that's good.  While I was waiting on her, I was working on the bag.  It's half as wide as it is long, so I decided that's good enough, and started  (barely) making the sides.  The baby boy guinea pig has been neutered.  He has to wait 3 weeks, then he can move into the girls' den.  I think he will like that a lot.  I hope they like it, too.  Mama is a bit bossy.  She may not like him encroaching on her territory.

Work is going alright.  I'm not enjoying it as much as I did last year because I have a lot of boring things to do right now.  Let's face it, 4th grade math isn't nearly as much fun as Algebra 2.  I am checking the elementary school program now. 

I hope you both have a great day!  It's THURSDAY!!!!  Whoo hoo!

Happy Saturday ladies!

Beth-so glad that your dd noticed the mole and that you had it scraped off and tested.  I am sure it is difficult to wait for results.  Did you hear anything back?  Will you be working all summer long?

Joanne-bet you are on vacation this weekend, have fun!

Always so much going on, this morning I was starting to stress a bit but then had to remind myself to just breath and focus.  The sink installation in my craft studio is complete, two of our outdoor yard projects are done, still have more that we want to do but it is going to take time.  Joyce is on vacation until July 7, that means me all alone here at the shop.  It's a bit unsettling, because the building is so big that I get a little freaked out.  Thankfully I have had friends and family stop in and check on me.  Other than all that, just trying to keep up.  Today my ds has a scouts event and my dd went swimming with a friend.  Dh truck broke down on the side of the highway..all of this before 9 this morning..thankfully our wonderful neighbor towed him back home and ds caught a ride with another fellow scouter that stopped to help.

Off to etsy land, I am planning a Christmas in July sale..goodness!  I am just in the beginning stages..also have a local quilters "Quilt" displayed in my store front window for the next week.  I am hoping that I can post pics to my fb business page.

hugs n squishes dear friends!

LeeAnn, what a stressful morning!  I'm glad you have good neighbors and scout friends to help out when the truck decided to break down.  It must be a bit intimidating to be all alone in the building.  Will you be taking a vacation after Joyce gets back?  The Christmas in July sale is a great idea.

Today, my daughter and I rearranged my little corner of the house.  It used to be our dining room, but there wasn't enough room to walk through it with a full-sized table, so I took out the bale, and put in a couple tiny bookcases and a comfy chair.  I need to talk to my engineer designer daughter before I move any furniture from here out.  It is so much more functional.  I can reach the shelves from my comfy chair now! 

I haven't crocheted much lately.  It's so hot, I'm not very inspired to work on my afghans. 

Joanne, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  How are your daughters and grandsons doing?

Happy Monday!

I hope your week goes well.

LeeAnn, will you be open on the 4th?  Do you have any plans to celebrate?

Joanne, do you have an plans?  I can't believe it is almost July already.  Vacation time is looming!

I don't know if I told you that my daughter helped me rearrange my little corner of the house, and I can reach my crochet while I'm sitting on the computer waiting.  (I have a really SLOW computer!)  I keep picking up a project and working on it while waiting, or while listening to music.  It's been great!  When I finish the bag I'm working on, I will move one of my 3 afghans (found another one I had forgotten!) to its spot, so I can pick it up without thinking about it.

My dd's boyfriend came over yesterday to watch "How to train your dragon" (the first one) and have grilled pizza.  He is still adorable!  I walked past when the movie was just starting, and he was SO into it!  He is so much like my daughter it isn't funny!  They are now planning to watch the second one together.

Gotta go to work.  Four days, then I'm on vacation for 2 weeks!!!

Good morning ladies!

Beth-your dd sounds amazing!  That is wonderful that you were able to re-arrange and make things easier to reach and work for you.  I love when that happens!  What will you do while on vacation?  lots of  hooky fun?  Your dd's bf sounds so sweet and just adorable.

Joanne-hoping that you had a wonderful weekend.

I am finally alive today.  Sunday we hauled more wood.  3 loads..it was so much work.  Yesterday I was barely getting around..I was just so tired.  But I am glad that we helped our neighbors get a load, my in-laws went up with us.  All 6 of us worked so well together.  It was nice to get away from all of the technology.

I am having a Huge Christmas in July Sale.  I have changed all of my banners and avatar's and updated a lot of my listings on Etsy.  I also ordered these interchangeable letters for my sandwich board.  As soon as they arrive, I can promote my shop more by having the sign out on the sidewalk.

Also ordered more bubble mailers, I am getting ready for the Christmas rush.  It's early but being that I create everything, I want to be prepared.

Going to head to the shop early, want to mop the floors and clean the windows before I open.  BBL!  Hugs n squishes!

HI there!

Back again..whew!  Did all of my chores here at the shop, still need to clean the window sill but the majority of everything is done.

I will not be open on the 4th but will be open Saturday. :cry   I would rather be closed but think it's a better business idea to stay open.  We are going to the in-laws..have to make a desert..any ideas?

hugs n squishes!

Archived