On a purse kick

jennawing

This is the purse I made for my daughter Virginia for her 17th birthday. SugarnCream yarn- from a pattern in a book called 'Crochet Wishes and Wonders' I checked out from the library.

4-25-09%20113.jpg

Another purse I made from the above pattern- also in sugarncream. I used a different stitch for the main body called 'Diamonds and Dots' I got from another library book. (scpicot and tr2tog) Ginia's BF bought this one for his mother for a Mother's Day present. I think I am going to make another just like it though cause I really like it!

4-27-09%20128.jpg

This is a purse started out from Cliffnote's My Little Tote Around- but I was too impatient to do all sc- and wanted to use this poodle that had been in my stash forever. I was meaning to use the poodle for the entire top part, but man that stuff is irritating to work with- so I ended up making a band instead and adding some slst trim to bring more color of the poodle in.

4-27-09%20129.jpg

The lining I added for a nice touch, but also because I figured your keys, etc would get tangled in the poodle. Doesn't match perfectly, but worked well for what little fabric I had lying around. Toying with the idea of adding a snap.

4-27-09%20130.jpg

Now I am working on a purple one with more RHSS and poodle- with granny square inserts- but is taking me a while. That poodle is pretty but hurts my hands trying to crochet with it!!!! I got a bunch at Big Lots once for $1.50 a ball or else I would have never bought it.

Thanks, guys! I scrapped the purple purse idea though. The dye in the yarn has had been sneezing for days! I finally gave up when it looked like I might have to go buy more! EEK! But the purses are fun and a great way to bust your stash!

Archived