3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - THANK YOU NOTE POST 356

It's too bad neither of you have a Hobby Lobby nearby. It's a really nice store and one of my favorite places to shop. (although you could get yourself in some trouble if you're there long enough:P)

Hobby Lobby does have a website called Crafts Etc. you can order from, but they don't usually have the same sales that the store has. Just an idea:)

Jamie

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, have the blankies all packed and Paige will take them to the UPS store tomorrow. Yes, I will post a pic of her 1st afghan sometime soon.

Thnx,

Deb

Thanks Deb! I'll let you know when they arrive!

We're at 93 total so far! So close to last year's total!! I'll still be collecting when we reach the goal for anyone who wants to still send them. The more we have, the more babies we can help! I'll be collecting ghans up until about the first week of November, and will probably deliver the week after Thanksgiving as I see an Aunt on the holiday who has given me ghans in the past.

I am so greatful to all of you for helping. I" amazed that we are already so close to the goal we set out, and it's only August. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. Thank you so much!

Ohhhhhh thats awesome!

And I have the squares cut and sewed to make a rag quilt, just have to put them together. That will make 7 from me (Im in the middle of # 6 right now)...so that would be 100. Awesome!!!!

Well don't ccount me out. I just want to knock out 2 more before my cast comes off. Please PM your address the middle of next week. I won't tell you how many RRs I've got done. It will suprise you. :(

Thanks for hosting this.I I didn''t have my crocheting to keep me sane the last 5 weeks, I would have lost my mind:rant

Here are six from DetroitDeb. They are mixed between preemie and full sized ghans (the pink one on the left is folded in half). The pink and purple yarn are especially soft :c9. All of them are so pretty and are going to let a family of a sick baby feel so cared for!

post-2886-135897435272_thumb.jpg

This is the "Newbie" blanket from the Project Linus website. I did somethign wrong on the boarder and it ended up ruffled like that. It's not supposed to be, but I kinda like it!

I used Michaels Loops N Threads Impeccable yarn. I really like it. It's very soft and nice to work with.

post-2886-135897435276_thumb.jpg

As of right now, I have about 6 blankets completed. Three of them are crocheted and 3 are flannel with crochet borders. Oh, and also one fleece. I have more fleece and flannel to work up a few more. I was planning on saving everything until after the August charity CAL weekend. By the time the charity weekend is over I should have a good sized package to ship.

A box is on its way. I'll PM you the tracking #. I think there are 12 (more or less) assorted sized blankets.

WOW!!! :cheer:clap

I want you all to know that each box is like having a mini-christmas in my house. The anticipation of what will be in it is huge!

Just finished packing a box of ten.....four more need edges and tails tucked but I'm going to be away for a few days and wanted to get these in the mail. Various sizes and patterns....let me know if I need to make any changes.

Just PM'd you the tracking number.

Just finished packing a box of ten.....four more need edges and tails tucked but I'm going to be away for a few days and wanted to get these in the mail. Various sizes and patterns....let me know if I need to make any changes.

That's wonderful, thank you! I'm sure that they are perfect!

please let me know the size and a address . I will try to send to you as soon as i m done . thanks

Thank you! I'll send you a PM now.

As far as size - any size will work. Preemie - newborn - pretty much anything up to about 40 inches wide will work for somebody.

Darlene (Needle Arts) sent this lovely box of goodies for the babies. Ten preemie ghans - all so soft. I've never seen a six sided ghan before - I really love the pattern.

These will make the families of tiny little babies feel cared for and loved at a time when they need it most!

post-2886-135897437651_thumb.jpg

Here are my latest two. The small one Aggie May's 9 point RR pattern. I did too many rows of increases and it's a bit wavy... but still workable. I really liked the pattern.

The 12 point is Aggie May's as well - the only RR I do.

post-2886-135897438099_thumb.jpg

Archived