3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - THANK YOU NOTE POST 356

Kathryn -- I've been building up my supply :crocheting for a few months and just lurking on this thread :lurk. I love looking at the pictures of all the blankets -- everyone has such interesting and varied color combos.:applause

I'll try to remember to post a pic :photo before I mail them so you won't have to worry about it when they arrive. I bet you'll be unpacking A LOT of boxes in the next few weeks.

could you pm me your address,:compute so I can get the package in the mail? Thanks for doing this -- you rock! :2rock peace, meg

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Meg! Sending a PM to you now.

And yes, isn't it wonderful to see everyone's work? It's so much fun when the boxes arrive at the house. My DH is home before me, and I often get a call "you got more afghans." He doesn't open the box, but I get the impression when he calls that he's hoping I'll tell him to just go ahead and open it. We all love seeing what everyone does!

Well, that last Aggie May RR did just what I wanted it to do- it kickstarted my motivation! :kick

Here is another Aggie May RR done in some scraps I had laying around. Now, I'm off to start on a couple of Santa Hats for my kids before our Christmas Tree lighting in town in 2 weeks. If I get them done in time, I'll be able to get another RR or two done for the NICU.

post-2886-13589747297_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Can you use baby booties? I found a pattern designed for the 2-3 puonders at bevscountrycottage. They are fast to make and I'll be able to make a few pairs if you need them. Pm me your address if you need booties. Thanks!

:manyheart:hug Everyone is doing so well. I know that time is running out, and I only have 3! (plus 2 caps). Working on 4th, but need to work on Xmas stuff too, so 3-4 is what I'll send this year, then will pick up hook for other than gifts in Jan.

:manyheart:hug Everyone is doing so well. I know that time is running out, and I only have 3! (plus 2 caps). Working on 4th, but need to work on Xmas stuff too, so 3-4 is what I'll send this year, then will pick up hook for other than gifts in Jan.

3 is not "only" - that's wonderful! Thank you so much!

I don't think I can send a box until after Thanksgiving. I feel so bad! That's just going to make me work extra hard for a 2010 box! There will be at least 2 afghans in that box. I promise!

So sorry I couldn't do it this year, I had just found out about it yesterday! I'll be praying for those sweet little babies.

P.S. I'm going to try to get my relatives to participate!

LillyFlower

Oh, LillyFlower - don't feel bad! Send a box whenever you can. I plan on doing this every year until I die...so, there's always time! I actually got the first box sent to me for the 2009 collection back in 2008! I make and collect things all year long. Whenever you want to send something, I'll be here!

Oh, just found this thread. Wonderful now I know what I can do with thea baby hexagon afghan I made recently. I also started a premie afghan today after reading about what you do. I have a bunch of baby hats also if you can use them. Please pm me with your address and I'll send what I can in the next couple of days, migght even get a couple more afghans made before then too. Then I'll start on some more for next years'.

Look at these beauties! A very soft preemie fleece ghan (and I just love Pooh Bear) and what a beautiful square. The picture doesn't do it justice. I'm thinking it's Caron SS - maybe the brites - anyway, just so soft and colorful!

These 2 bring the count for ghans up to 193. With about a week left, and I believe a few more coming, we may get the total to 200!?!:eek:clap:cheer

post-2886-135897477641_thumb.jpg

Just awesome Kathryn! :cheer And everyone! :cheer

I had hoped to get back to this thread to do a few more but I knew it would be difficult with the holidays. But I do want to let you know I have my yarn ready for next summer so I'll catch up with you then. :hook

Just awesome Kathryn! :cheer And everyone! :cheer

I had hoped to get back to this thread to do a few more but I knew it would be difficult with the holidays. But I do want to let you know I have my yarn ready for next summer so I'll catch up with you then. :hook

Thanks! I'll still be here then!

Here's the contents of the latest box to arrive! Janine sent 3 beautiful ghans - the darkest one has a lovely jewel toned boarder that didn't show up well with the lighting in my kitchen and the 2 smaller ones have such interesting patterns. Plus, do you see the matching hat for the blue one?

3 more babies will be blessed by the generosity of all my lovely friends here on the 'Ville. Thank you Janine and thank you to all you ladies!

post-2886-135897480291_thumb.jpg

Archived