3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - THANK YOU NOTE POST 356

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cindy's two ghans from her picture arrived today. The pink one is so soft - it feels like petting a bunny! The blue one is perfect for a larger baby and is so bright and cheerful!

Kathryn,

Thank you for your kind words about my RRs. I just want to thank you again for all your wonderful work for these precious babies. It is truly a labor of love. :manyheart

Cindy

I am just seeing this post and live near Children's. I am also a pediatric nurse and know how we love to be able to give momentos like this to patients.

Is there a specific size that you would like? There are so many pages in this post that I wasn't sure where to find out the info. I don't have a lot of extra time but I would love to help out if I can. :manyheart

Your 2 blankets brought us up to 157 blankets!!!! There are some hats and booties, but I don't remember those numbers. I have them listed at home.

Isn't it amazing!

Thank you everyone!!!

Wow 157 -- that is fantastic! :clap

I got a lovely surprise when I came home today. A box from Truckin Patty! And, look what was inside - two beauties. The yellow ghan has lovely little popcorn stitches in it (Patty is brave - I avoid popcorns! :lol) and the blue is oh so soft. Aren't they lovely?!

post-2886-135897459922_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Belinda (Stargazerlily) sent these lovely ghans. The blue one is folded in half. It's big enough to wrap up the largest baby that the NICU can hold - or to be a lovely reminder for years to come for a small baby of all the love that got them through their ordeal.

The colors on the starghan are so prety - and they remind me of sherbert. And there is a pretty sparkle on the RR that is entwined with the yarn. Aren't these lovely?

post-2886-135897462902_thumb.jpg

Thank you Jenni - I don't have a delivery date yet, but will be going down the last week of Nov, or first week of Dec. If you can get something here by Nov 23 I can take it with me. Otherwise, it can be our first afghan for the 2010 drive!

Box #3 arrived from Meegan (Mattsmom) today. It contained 8 more ghans - bringing her grand total up to 26 afghans for the babies!:cheer

I love the color combinations on the RR's. They are all so pretty. Plus, there is a Pentagon Ghan down in the front of the picture.

post-2886-135897464331_thumb.jpg

Glad I could help. I will continue to contrubute in 2010

Box #3 arrived from Meegan (Mattsmom) today. It contained 8 more ghans - bringing her grand total up to 26 afghans for the babies!:cheer

I love the color combinations on the RR's. They are all so pretty. Plus, there is a Pentagon Ghan down in the front of the picture.

Sending a box your way tomorrow or the next day! They've been done for a while but I got swamped with mid-terms and didn't get a chance to send it out sooner. Sorry! I hope they get there in time.

I have washed and dried all my blankies and packaged them up. I was going to call it quits but the box is not quite full. I will try to finish up three I have in progress to fill up the box. I am setting a mailing deadline of Nov 15 (a payday) to ensure they will get there by Thanksgiving. Currently there are 12 in the box.

I will definitely be participating next year, too.

Archived