3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - THANK YOU NOTE POST 356

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DH gets home from work very early. He called to say hi and my 4 year old DD got on the phone .. very excited.. to tell me that we got another package of afghans for the babies! Everyone in my house gets excited when they come! I can't wait to see who they are from! I'll post a picture when I get home, and let whoever the sender was know that I got them.

Thanks!!!

Look at these beauties! :yay The set of 5 preemie ghans are from Crochettingmama (Pam) - they are so soft and delicate... and I think are made from Homespun (am I right Pam? :think). Anyway, the colors are beautiful!

The 3 larger sized ghans are from Deedees (Debbie). The coral colored one is so pretty - the camera doesn't do the color justice. The blue is so soft, and the white and pastel one at the bottom of the pic is a full crib sized blanket... with the pastel rows being popcorns.

All 8 ghans are wonderful and will give encouragement to the families of sick babies. Thank you! :hug

post-2886-135897403729_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897403733_thumb.jpg

Yes, they are made from Homespun. My favorite. The white one is Red heart though.

PS--I am crochettingmama. There is another member called crochetinmama. I misspelled mine and have two T's. :lol

oops! Crochettingmama!:blush

Thank you again everyone! :hug

I am so excited by everything that you all have made so far. I just sent this thread to a few people so they could see your wonderful gifts.

All of you are so generous. I am grateful for all of you.:manyheart

I should be able to help with one or 2. What is the smallest size you need, 18x18?

Hugs

MJ

That would be a great size. The smallet babies are smaller than you can imagine... similar to a chunky Barbie doll. The oldest babies are a year old. So, pretty much anything you can crochet, I can use!

Thank you!

Deb, I am so very touched and honored that Paige is going to bless the babies with her very first afghan. What a very generous woman you have raised. You must be very proud of her.

I can't wait to see the pics (and the ghan)- and please tell Paige how greatful I am!

I just got a bunch of baby yarn on sale at Michaels and the first thing I thought of was the NICU Babies and the need for blankets. I will be making a few blankets to donate. I will PM you for the address when they are complete.

I just got a bunch of baby yarn on sale at Michaels and the first thing I thought of was the NICU Babies and the need for blankets. I will be making a few blankets to donate. I will PM you for the address when they are complete.

Thank you so much Shannon. I am so touched that you thought of the babies when you got the yarn, that is so nice.

This project takes on even more meaning for me this year. My cousin had a baby born on Friday, and he is now in the NICU having suffered a stroke. He's in a different hospital than my son was - but it certainly shows me even more how this is such a wonderful cause. Thank you to all of you. :hug

I would also like to contribute if I may. I'm still pretty new to crochet but would really like to help. I myself was a NICU baby and feel the need to help out. I have one blanket I made out of yarnbee baby and have been waiting to find a good home for it. I will try to make a few more. Could you please send me a PM of where to send the blankets. Thanks-Jamie:)

I would also like to contribute if I may. I'm still pretty new to crochet but would really like to help. I myself was a NICU baby and feel the need to help out. I have one blanket I made out of yarnbee baby and have been waiting to find a good home for it. I will try to make a few more. Could you please send me a PM of where to send the blankets. Thanks-Jamie:)

Jaime - Thank you! It's wonderful to have a NICU graduate helping NICU babies! One day, I hope my DS will do the same. If he doesn't learn to crochet - we'll find another way he can help out.

I'll send a PM now!

I just finished this tonight. It's the "Baby Burrito" ghan from this book. Christen Z sent it for the babies the first year I was collecting them, and I love the pattern. While it looks like a granny, the stitch is slightly different. I used Pound of Love on this and an H hook so this turned out smaller than a new born ghan and larger than a preemie. I should have used a thicker yarn. However, I"m still happy with it.

post-2886-135897410483_thumb.jpg

Love the "Baby Burrito" ghan. I have another blanket ready, and am working on another one, what is the time frame on these? I have another project I have to get done before July. Do I have time to make a couple more?

Deedes

Deedees - as long as I get the ghans by November 1st(ish) we're all good! Last year, I delivered them the week after Thanksgiving, and I plan on the same time frame this year - but perhaps a week or two earlier. So, November 1st would be fine.

Deedees - as long as I get the ghans by November 1st(ish) we're all good! Last year, I delivered them the week after Thanksgiving, and I plan on the same time frame this year - but perhaps a week or two earlier. So, November 1st would be fine.

Great, I have plenty of time.

Beverly Jean sent this package that I got today. Look at all of these!

All of them are lovely. The blue one at the right top of the picture has a hood. There is a lovely picot edging on the starghan. The multi-colored and white one has lovely shells. A few of these wonderful ghans are knit. Beverly is multi-talented! Plus, she's brand new here and one of the first things she does is donate her craft.

post-2886-135897410661_thumb.jpg

Archived