3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - THANK YOU NOTE POST 356

I sent out a box on Friday. I did get delivery confirmation but since I sent out a second box I don't know which DC # is which. Hopefully the post office will update tomorrow and I can send you the correct DC #.

I forgot to put a note in the box but I did write my screen name and NICU blankets on the outside.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jennifer's package arrived today! I'm going to make it the first picture post for the 2010 thread. I will get that thread started sometime before Christmas. Right now, I'm up to my eyeballs in candy making and wrapping and general house messiness - the usual run around we all do at this time of year.

I'll post in this thread again to let you all know the new thread is started and I"ll also post the thank you note I expect to get from the hospital here.

I received a thank you note from the hospital today. It was a combination thank you to me and my mom (as she donated items too). It says:

Dear Kathryn & Family and Friends

So many of our patients & families have benefited from the comfort of receiving one of your afhgans.. especially teens looking for the comforts of home & families of preemies in our NICU.

As always, we are most grateful for your beautiful handmade gifts - hats, booties & blankets -- and hard work!

Our heartfelt thanks & best wishes for the holidays

ok- me again:

How wonderful I feel, and hope you all do too - to know that they have already started giving the ghans to babies that need them. Nice to know too that some of the larger ones were big enough for even a teen! You've all helped so many families - so many kids ... and that help has a ripple effect. Someday, when the child who received one of your gifts is well - maybe they - or someone who loves them - will make something to give to the hospital. The blessings just continue.

I am greatful to each and every one of you. Thank you so much for all you did for these babies. Thank you for your time, your talent, your yarn, your money - your love.:hug

I'm going to start a thread for the 2010 drive. I was going to wait, but I've already received ghans!

Archived