Barefoot Sandal and Super Find

Cordelia

I was looking for a great barefoot sandal pattern but couldn't find any I went ga-ga over so I just did my own. Really simple, not fru fru or glitzy.

barefootsandle.jpg

Next is a super find...I know some of you probably have this book but I gotta say I heart it very much! I found it at half-price books for $8.00, I rarely pay that for a very used book. It's McCalls Crochet Treasury this printing was for 1977.

CrochetBook.jpg

I love this skirt in the outfit...granted I'd never wear it but I think I'm gonna make it just because!

OutfitfromCB.jpg

And this jumper is cute-o-rama, might have to make it too, althhough I have teenagers! note to self: Find friend with small humans.

jumperCB.jpg

This pillow is so loverly! I cant wait to make it!

patchpillowCB.jpg

Wish I could share all 150 projects! Several of the project are very "in style" for today and some are just timeless. I leave you with the

ISBN# 0-671-22317-8. :hook

I had that book but lost it in the move somehow. My grandma's friend gave it to her. It has some neat stuff, that is back in fashion now. How funny. I like your barefoot sandal, too. Did you write up a pattern?

Tina

Timeless Creations

Oh wow! Love the sandal!! Pattern...puh-lease....pwetty puh-lease! :P

Second of all - what a great looking book! Can not wait to see what you make from it! Your kids are teenagers hmmmm.....ya know, you can always make the kiddy clothes and wait for the grandkiddys to arrive :devil

Thanx for the compliments...I am writing up a pattern, it should be easy to write up shouldnt it?

No grandbabies anytime soon Kimberly..... My kids are 12 and 13.....I have many many years to wait , I hope!!! And there is always a convent!:P

Okay y'all I have posted a pattern, here: Simple Barefoot Sandals

Please forgive the write up as it's the first pattern I've written for others to see.

Feel free to e-mail if you find errors or have suggestions.

Thanx a ton.....:manyheart

QUOTE=new2crochet]That book looks cool. Is that a stuffed patchwork bunny on the cover? Love the sandal.

Actually its a dog! LOL I thought it was a bunny too! And that bunny, ummm dog was one reason I even picked up and thumbed through this book! :D

Love the sandals and that book looks soo cool :)

My LYS sold out lots of old patterns a few months ago, those 70's patterns are really fun. Imight crochet a long jacket I found :lol

Great sandal, Cordelia!! I love the color you made it with! Very tropical! Thanx for the pattern!! It's a great design. Simple yet elegant and will stand out on bare feet.

LOL Swapna...only because you want to be Aunty to my orphan books...HAHAHAHA!:P Just joking, sorta!:devil

And I thought I was hiding it well!!!:blush

Actually I meant it was a nice change to see you augmenting your stash rather than depleting it! :hook

Archived