September issue of Crochet!

goldi316

Have you tried to contact them? It may take a little while, but you can send them an email from here. You can also check your subscription status from this same page. If it's been months, then there is likely a problem and they need to be told about it!

Thanks for the info!

I just got around to buying the bew issue from Books-A-Million yesterday. While I like the this issue much better than the last one, there wasn't anything in it that really knocked me out although I Like the poncho on the front cover, and the dress and halter.

I did enjoy the "Men Who Crochet" article too.

I should join CGOA, and get the magazine that way, but I keep hearing so many stories of people sending their money and not hearing from them.

I'm really looking forward to the IK Crochet magazine. I still don't like the new Crochet Fantasy at all although I've noticed that Knit N Style (who used to publish CF) had some crochet in their new mag.

I got my issue in the mail last week. I've been chomping at the bit... wanting to try my hand at the broomstick crochet poncho featured this month.

Should I break my promise to buy no yarn until August? :think or should I go ahead and get some... because it's really NOT random buying... it's a purchase with a purpose! :devil (I'm sure you guys can guess what I did yesterday!)

I have five rows of that poncho done... and I love love :manyheart LOVE it!

Overall.. I really liked this issue.

(Sad to see that Drew was not included in the article on Crocheting Men. Sorry CD.. :hook )

I didn't renew my subscription to this magazine because I started to not like what was being offered. I would see an issue in Michael's and scan through the issues only to not buy it and say to myself that I'm glad I didn't subscribe! This issue was an exception; I loved it. Very nice patterns and yarns.

• 11 months later...

Hi! I've never posted here before but want to say I'm a fairly new designer trying to get my name out there. I do have 3 of my smaller designs in the new Sept. issue of Crochet! magazine. They're very simple designs but DRG wanted these for what they called (a yr ago) the back to school issue. I am doing a book, (all trendy crochet wearable) which will be released next year, and am looking for possible pattern testers. I also would like to know if there are other designers here who can share with me what they pay a person to test a pattern. I've used friends and family in the past, but have a deadline and need some things done soon. I'm a professional member of CGOA and will ask on that forum, but wanted your thoughts on this as well.

I went to Chain Link and absolutely loved it!! I got to meet Amie and Drew and many other designers. (all very nice people!) I had to miss the fashion show but will make sure I can stay next year! I thought it was well worth the money.

(Grumble) I haven't gotten my issue yet. I called at the beginning of the month with my new addy so you'd think that would have been soon enough. I hope I get mine soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am a little confused...I get Crochet! magazine (http://www.crochetmagazine.com), and it must be something different than whaterver everyone here is talking about...:badorgood

I would appreciate any clarification so I can be in on the nifty goodness, too!! :ty

Since we travel, I have my mail forwarded so every issue is about 2 weeks late.:eek However, I was so happy to see your post Goldi so that I can have something to look forward to. I personally really liked the last issue. Even though I wouldn't wear some of the designs, the techniques and styles were still interesting. I think that this magazine has been getting better and better.

Years ago, I used to get McCall's Needlework and Crafts. I bemoan the demise if this publication since their crochet patterns were always sophisticated and beautiful. I don't know where they found their great designers!

:lol:lol:lol Roli, your post tells me that you didn't realize I started this thread last year! When I saw it pop up again, I didn't even notice it was my thread, I just thought it was a new one about this year's September issue! Too funny!

I remember the McCall's mags, in fact I think I have at least one of those old ones here. I agree, they had some wonderful stuff in those mags! And who knows, maybe some of the stuff providing our "Wow!" of today could be coming from one of those designers - it wasn't that long ago, after all! And I agree, this magazine (Crochet!) keeps getting better and better, imo. I hope they keep that trend up! :hook

Well now I feel sheepish, too!! :sheepjump I also did not realize that this post was from last year...hence my confusion!! I loved last issue (Aug 06), actually it was my favorite! This issue, well lets just say Im not as impressed (as long as I am on the right track...this issue has a purple sweater on the cover, right?!!! :rofl ) Oh, well, I love getting my mag every month, and I dont mind looking stupid every once in awhile!! :goodorbad:devil

:lol :lol :lol

Oh Goldi, how funny! I usually don't make that mistake but I just looked at the date on the last post, not the original one. Sorry about that!

I had a bad experience with subscriptions in the past but have heard nice things about Crochet!

I get offers to subscribe all the time, and the offer of a free issue to get to know the publication, but I feel guilty about getting a free issue and then not liking the publication and not paying the subscription. I respect crafters too much not to pay for their hard work. Is Crochet really worth it? :think

Thanks!

Cloty

:lol :lol :lol

Oh Goldi, how funny! I usually don't make that mistake but I just looked at the date on the last post, not the original one. Sorry about that!

Oh - no need to feel sorry! It happens all the time, and I've been caught by it myself. Often our new members start browsing around the old posts and decide to respond to one, bringing it back up among the current ones. I posted that mainly to clarify not to make anyone feel stupid.

As far as the latest issue is concerned (and just to be clear for future clarity! :lol I'm talking about the September 2006 issue), I like the cover jacket, the knotted cables pullover, the modified tee, the flowers & ruffles tunic, the vertical vision vest, the little capelet, and the wrist warmers (I would extend them into fingerless gloves for me). The rest of the stuff doesn't appeal to me for various reasons. I have to agree with posted comments on all that furry stuff too - I keep hoping these yarn companies will just get it out of their system so they can move on! A whole TOP made of this stuff? I don't think so! And I am sooo in agreement about that furry tank! :yuck But overall, I feel that the magazine editors are doing a fab job with it, and most importantly, they are listening to us! Of course, no magazine can please everybody all the time, but so far Crochet! has managed to give me enough to feel pleased about with just about every issue, so I'm happy. :hook

I had a bad experience with subscriptions in the past but have heard nice things about Crochet!

I get offers to subscribe all the time, and the offer of a free issue to get to know the publication, but I feel guilty about getting a free issue and then not liking the publication and not paying the subscription. I respect crafters too much not to pay for their hard work. Is Crochet really worth it? :think

Thanks!

Cloty

Don't feel guilty about it - the crafters have already been paid. I've taken advantage of the free preview issue many times before - and sometimes I'll follow through with a subscription, sometimes not. We can't really tell you whether this magazine will be worth it to you, because everybody's tastes are different. In this thread alone you will read posts trashing the mag and others waxing poetic about it - it all depends on what you want to see in a crochet magazine, and the way you find out is to get the free issue. If budget is a problem for you, they often ALSO offer - in addition to the free preview issue - two years for the price of one! If you run across that (best place to find it will be on any of the parent company sites, which includes Annie's Attic - look for the ads, can't miss 'em!), take it and run!

If you do go ahead and send for the free issue, just be aware that the invoice will probably arrive before the issue does - just toss it. Trust me, they will send it again! If, after you've reviewed the issue, you decide you don't like it and don't want to subscribe, just write "CANCEL" across the next invoice you get and mail it back, they won't bother you again.

Archived