Cut-Away Cardi CAL

Debbi-a1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who have worked past R15 on the back, (my gauge is correct going across, and if it stretches, it's ok going up), on the sides, where you sc in the turning ch, ch x , how many inches do you have thru R15? I only have about 6", not quite. More like 5 and 1/2. Is this correct? The "mesh" stretches big, like it's supposed to, (I think), but the sides do not stretch, I don't want to continue if it is wrong. I can take it out and re-do it now if it is supposed to be longer. So thru R15, how many inches (along the side) do you have? Thanks for the help. :)

I love this cardi :manyheart. Could someone please tell me what type of yarn this is please? :thinkAs in acrylic , cotton etc . Thanks , I have some nice 8ply cotton (I'm an Aussie :kangaroo)in a mid brown that would look great , and as someone else mentioned previously , brown would go nice with spring colours ,

I googled the yarn (and added it to the first post) but this is what it said

This is a Light Weight, Cotton Bamboo Yarn.

Each skein is 108 yards, 50 grams; 50% pima cotton, 50% tencel;

But really anything that will get you the correct guage is fine.

I worked on mine this weekend and then stopped. It was allready down to my thighs and I had 10 rows to go no the back. So I don't know if I want it all the way down to my knees... it could be cute... but longer then what I had anticipated. This happend to me because I crochet loose.

Debbi

ok haven't started yet, not sure if I want to do it in the dark blue (marina I think is the color) satin sport i have or order the clear sky. What do you ladies think would it be ok in a dark blue, then maybe wear it over a white shirt?

I think dark blue would be fine. I was going to choose a demin wash type yarn in dark blue (but neither brand had enough). I figured it would look good with jeans. Under a white shirt would look great, or any color, maybe a light blue...

I would go with the dark blue also. I have a sky-blue cardi that I made a long while back, and I rarely wear it because it doesn't really go with anything except white.

ok I'll use the yarn I have and save the money to buy yarn to make DH a ghan of his own so he quits stealing mine LOL. Will start tonight.

I have the back done and have started the first of the fronts, haven't gotten far today since I have been busy catching up on housework since I was gone for 3 days on the truck with hubby. Montana is such a beautiful place. Hopefully I can get back to working on mine tonight. I'm doing mine in white.

I think I may just start this with my usual yarns and forget trying to get to the mall. Time and the transit system are working against me.

I have some baby varigated that would be quite pretty in this pattern.

ok got through row 31 last night, can't wait to go home and try and finish the back tonight while I watch biggest loser (it'll keep me out of the kitchen LOL)

You Ladies mind if I join in, I'm in love with the cardi, it is just too cute. And I already have in mind what to use to make it.... I know when DD sees it, she is going to want one as well.

I'm stuck on row 45 of the armhole shaping, ugh! I don't understand the omit the last ch 5 and sc in turning chain. :(

I read that part over and over, and what I got was that you skip the last ch 5 and skip the sc in the turning chain. The way I read it was that you skip the last ch 5, and then sc in the turning chain but that obviously causes a little bunch on the end. I think it was just worded incorrectly.

I read that part over and over, and what I got was that you skip the last ch 5 and skip the sc in the turning chain. The way I read it was that you skip the last ch 5, and then sc in the turning chain but that obviously causes a little bunch on the end. I think it was just worded incorrectly.

I read it the same way skip both the last ch 5 sp AND the sc in the turning chain, basically you just stop where you are, turn the work and follow the directions for the next row

Thank you for the reply:hug

I read it the same way skip both the last ch 5 sp AND the sc in the turning chain, basically you just stop where you are, turn the work and follow the directions for the next row

That is what I ended up doing, I got the back finished!:yes

done all but one sleeve, I can't see were it says to single crochet the sleeves into the body......do I add the edging before I sew the sleeves into tubes??? I had a go at the edging last night....I did not managed to do it right! thats gonna take a lot more working out! :) I will have another go this eve!

got up to the armhole shaping on the back last night and had to take a break and play with DS so DH could study

I didn't find anything in the instructions that said when to attach the sleeves either

also did you all notice on row 46 of the back the numbers for the total sc and total ch 5 sp are the same, shouldn't the number for the ch 5 sp be one less than the total sc like it is everywhere else in the pattern?

I am having the hardest time moving on this one. I really have started but it always seems at the bottom of the gotta grab pile of WIPs. I might print it off and take it with me tonight for the sewing circle event.

This should go like a rocket if I can just get into the rhythm of it :rofl

Archived