Cut-Away Cardi CAL

Debbi-a1

I went and bought yarn today after class. I chose to try Simply soft.. I think the color is "mint" but its basically a bright blue color. No idea what I'll wear it with... but that's okay. Beach maybe?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went and bought yarn today after class. I chose to try Simply soft.. I think the color is "mint" but its basically a bright blue color. No idea what I'll wear it with... but that's okay. Beach maybe?

I'm using Simply Soft, too! I think the guage is really nice for this pattern...

Glad you're feeling better, Debi. I'm on schedule with cardi. Finished the back last night and still had enough juice left to finish all but the last few rows of one front. Need to slow down a bit and refocus on a prom dress I'm making for a friend's daughter. Will get back to the cardi by the weekend. Should have it finished sometime next week. Ok, I've said it, so now I'm committed to having a FO. :clap

Flyinghigh, love the Simply Soft. Beautful colors. Crochet and sewing force me to be more social. Have to have occasions to wear the outfits. :lol

Elaine

I made the extra 10 repeats of the edge that I needed! so its 34 repeats on my cardi! would love to know if anyone else needed to make more or if its me! lol its looking really pretty now, just started the last sleeve today, and as the kids are off school for two weeks for the Easter holidays I should get it finished soon :)

I'm using Simply Soft, too! I think the guage is really nice for this pattern...

So it's looking good with the simply soft? I was a little afraid that it might stretch a little or something. It might be okay..

so far so good, FlyingHigh...

I think if there is any stretch it would be in the length, which is ok... maybe even be forgiving to the figure, ya know?

That would definitely be just fine with me. Hahaa.

OKay so it isn't the greatest picture. I have finished assembling the cardigan, but we have not decided on the trim as of yet. DD requested the sleeves be long without trim, so she could have a cuff. Her favorite color is red, didn't mean to match her hair with the jacket, but hey Mary Maxim sent it to me in a mystery box and DD loved the color. The yarn is Red Heart Textures in Persimmon. Anyhoo, here is the not trimmed cut away cardigan in RED....

IMG_0323.jpg?t=1239193198

Thank you Ladies, it was fun doing this jacket and it worked up so quick. My DD is wanting small flowers on tassels type of thing for the trim. I am still trying to figure out how to accomplish something such as this. I think I will have to separate the ply to achieve it though. And to work with a steel hook with textured yarn......Hmmmm. maybe not. I don't think I am that good, but I will give it the old college try. I was hoping for something I little bit easier... yeah, Right not with my DD. Anyway, once I get something worked up I will post it.

It is very pretty. A very nice color. Good job!

I'm gonna get started on mine today... I'm caught up on homework and such... kinda... so I'm just gonna slack off with school and catch up with crocheting. :-)

I was working on the back last night.. all was going well until I realized that when I reached the end of the row, I was adding another ch-5 group, and I had 21, where as I should have had 19 ch-5 spaces. I managed to squeeze it back down to 19 without frogging all my work...

but could someone tell me how they dealt with the end of the rows and the turning ch? thanks.

I finished mine off this morning...all in all I am pretty pleased with it, other than having one cuff slightly larger than the other...( not noticable to the untrained eye) and after ironing out the glitches in the pattern, I am very pleased! yey my first ever cal!!!!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/twinthing/crochet/myfinishedcardi.jpg[/img]"]myfinishedcardi.jpg

I finished mine off this morning...all in all I am pretty pleased with it, other than having one cuff slightly larger than the other...( not noticable to the untrained eye) and after ironing out the glitches in the pattern, I am very pleased! yey my first ever cal!!!!

myfinishedcardi.jpg

Great job! It looks very pretty on you. I have my back and sides sewn up. I am anxious to get back out it. Life keeps getting in the way of my precious crochet time.

Yay! :cheer:clap Congrats, Cherrypicker! :clap:cheer Very NICE!!! Also, I am glad to see that it looks nice over something besides a cami/tank... I am almost always cold, so I was a little worried that I would only be able to wear this in July :lol

I am almost done with the back, and I like how it is shaping up.

FlyingHigh: hope you're plugging along ok!

Wow these cardis are turning out great. I have this one saved to do at a later date. Unfortunately I have way too much on my plate to start anything new right now so I wil tell you I am a bit envious of you all.

FlyingHigh: hope you're plugging along ok!

Oh I'm trying! Thanks for the encouragement.

So I ended up frogging what I had done last night. My ch-5 were starting to.. wrap around to the side or something like that. I don't know. I'm gonna try again once I get over the disappointment of having to start over.

Archived