Cut-Away Cardi CAL

Debbi-a1

its no good! I cannot work out this edge! I tried to follow the pattern but ended up with fans opposite each other and it looked nothing like the one on the pattern! i am thinking of finding another edge for mine......has anyone else managed a go at the edge yet?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also did you all notice on row 46 of the back the numbers for the total sc and total ch 5 sp are the same, shouldn't the number for the ch 5 sp be one less than the total sc like it is everywhere else in the pattern?

I think you're right. I just counted the ch-5 spaces on mine.

I was also confused on Row 49. If row 46, after the decrease, has one less then the beginning, shouldn't row 49 have one less after only one decrease repeat?:think I put that, but since I've stopped I could frog...

its no good! I cannot work out this edge! I tried to follow the pattern but ended up with fans opposite each other and it looked nothing like the one on the pattern! i am thinking of finding another edge for mine......has anyone else managed a go at the edge yet?

If you do another edge let me know. I like this edge, but since mine is ending up so long I could do soemthing else and just do drop sleeves instead, maybe... or even start over and decrease the number of rows (and match the row count on the front and backs)... that might be an idea for me... hmm...

What appears to be missing is the instruction that you should join completed rows to the (central) dc from the previous motif as you progress up the section.

I have a pic that may help you to see it happening. :wlol

cutaway1.jpg

This shows the connections made as you move along and you can see the start of another section - up close and personal. :rofl

I am finding that this is wanting to curve in... could be good :think

I am going to try and start on it tonight and see how far I get. DD loves the pattern except for the edge, so I don't know if I will try to find something different or go with the same. Darski, thanks for the heads up on the missing instruction. If I go with this edge, I will remember that.

Well, I got the back and 1 front done, went to see abt connecting the 2 together and it's not matching up, something went wrong in the front or the back, atleast that is what it looks like to me.

Question, does the ch 3 sections (you know it's a section of ch5, then a section of ch 4, then a section of ch 3, then a section of ch 4 again, then a section of ch 5 again), anyway, does the sections of ch 3's on the front match up to everyones back so far or are they off?

If they are off then I am ok, if not then I need to work the 2nd front and see if the 2 front match.

I've been so careful on this and marking off on my cheat sheet. grrrrrrrr.

I am still not happy with my egde.....it seems as the edge that attaches to the cardi is toooo curved, there is no way I will be able to attach it and get it to lay flat! and that's only the short section that is supposed to be the cuff! YIKES! not sure what to do now! I like the egde on the pattern, is there anyone here who can write it out again so I can manage it? ???????????

Question, does the ch 3 sections (you know it's a section of ch5, then a section of ch 4, then a section of ch 3, then a section of ch 4 again, then a section of ch 5 again), anyway, does the sections of ch 3's on the front match up to everyones back so far or are they off?

If they are off then I am ok, if not then I need to work the 2nd front and see if the 2 front match.

I've been so careful on this and marking off on my cheat sheet. grrrrrrrr.

I just looked at the pattern and it looks like they are off.

Back & Fronts have starting row 7, chain 4.

But then the back starts on row 16 a Chain 3 on the front row 19 starts chain 3.

I still haven't finished my back I'm tempted to though... I do like the pattern and with everyone working on it, it inspires me. :yes Except these little things... :lol

Oh I didn't realize you attach the edging after... not sure if I like that, although that means I could make the cardigan any size I want... hmm.. or even work it on another one...

Debbi

But then the back starts on row 16 a Chain 3 on the front row 19 starts chain 3.

yes it is definitely off, I wonder why, I was getting ready to start my first front now i'm not sure, I guess if that's the way it's supposed to be I'll do it, I just hope it looks ok finished bc I don't want to frog the fronts

ETA I'll try the edging they provide if it's not working for me I may use the first set on this one http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss_cno993_floral_cami.html like darski at least I can work this one right onto the cardi and not have to sew it on later

cherrypicker - how does yours look with the ch 3 sections being different in the front than the back

yikes only just noticed that.......! I will have to post a pic when I have finished it.....I am not going to frog it as I've sewn it up, lets hope it looks ok when im wearing it!

just attached the cuff to the sleeve....its rather frilly compared to the picture! but I quite like it.....

maybe I'll skip to work on the sleeves until I see it, I'm sure they had good reason for making it the way they wanted it but I'm afraid to make it with those sections off-center

I still haven't finished my back I'm tempted to though... I do like the pattern and with everyone working on it, it inspires me. :yes Except these little things... :lol

Oh I didn't realize you attach the edging after... not sure if I like that, although that means I could make the cardigan any size I want... hmm.. or even work it on another one...

Debbi

Thanks Debbi, atleast I know I am not going crazy on this. I tried looking the pattern over but was having one of those days that my brain did not want to register things, LOL.

I wonder if its a case of a pattern that didn't get to many testers! lol being as this is my first ever cal I am going to see it through! ;) good luck everyone!

I agree, doesn make one wonder if it was ever tested, unless it is suppose to be off but I would then wonder, why?

I still need to start the second front & sleeves, had to stop and finish a project that get's delivered next Sat. when we visit my MIL.

ok so I'm adjusting the pattern slightly and starting the ch 3 on row 17 on the front ending it at row 21, it will only be one row off from the back, now to just see how that looks and goes together

I wondering if I do the edging separate I could make any cardigan center... I like this loop one for spring maybe summer, so I could do this. Maybe not even decrease for the waist, just make the back loops and then front loops and sleeves. Then make the edging as long as I need to...

Debbi

Archived