Cut-Away Cardi CAL

Debbi-a1

I've decided to use white- I had planned to use the lilac brilliant but I think the white will coordinate with more clothing. I just started this morning and I am already on row 15...using an H hook and my gauge is about 1/2 an inch too big but once I get going I tend to crochet very tightly so I am sticking with the same size pattern I had planned. :hook

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone can join any time. Whenever you get a chance.

I was going to get a levi/jean type color, but they didn't have enough of that. I wear levi skirts on fridays (it's as casual as I can get on Fridays). So I went with white. Which I also thought would go with a lot of colors.

This is such an easy pattern and since it's not much movement with the chain stitches and sc, I can work on it for longer periods of time. I got past row 24 last night. It's shaping nicely without a lot of work.

Debbi

hi-

My name is LeaAnne, and I am a CAL addict!!! :rofl

I have enough Simply Soft Grey Heather for this, and am itchin' to make something for ME!!!

...so I would like to join you all... :ghug

this looks pretty and FUN!!! :drool :dreaming :c9

I think brown would be fine. It looks good with pink or even white (if you want to add some spring look to it). And that will last through winter too (when it's unseasonably hot).

Oh Heather Gray will be nice too. I've used the RH version and like the color, I'm sure SS is pretty too.

Debbi

Ivory Off White sounds nice.

I can't wait to see the colors worked up in this pattern.

I got past row 32 and it was 15 inches all ready. I wish they had the length on this. I have about 12 more rows to do... I think it should be fine, maybe a little longer then pictured. I thought I was getting bored of the pattern, but I was just tired. I hope that's all it was. I was watching a tv show on my cell phone to keep me occupied, which helped, that's what I did last night.

Debbi

You're right. I think it will be okay. I have 2 skirts that are very form fitting (but stretchy) and they look much better with long caridgans or shirts. One is a solid black and the other is a black and white pin-striped. So this would work with either. Or any of my other skirts or pants like that.

Debbi

I'm also on row 32 and mine isn't nearly that long. But I was also thinking the same as Darski- the weight of the edging will weigh it down a bit. So I'm not too worried (right now. :hook)

Well, I finished the back and it is 18 inches long. :blush But it is down past my rear (I am short! LoL) and I think it will be cute with jeans or a nice pair of pants.

I think Vanna's Choice might be a bit too heavy. I agree that a sport weight might give you the same look as the picture. Hae you thought about Plymouth's Jeannee? I just made a shawl/bed jacket for my mother out of it and it's great to work with and has a lovely drape but it too might be a little heavier than you would want. Heavier than sport weight but not as heavy as worsted.

I have my yarn, I ended up with a sagey green color. Darski mentioned Bernat satin, I've only worked with it once, I think, and I found it at Michaels. I bought 3 skeins of jade. Couldn't remember how much it called for. I will get started on mine probably tomorrow night. I have a few things to finish up first. ;)

Hi , even tho I am still in the middle of crocheting 8 pairs of elf slippers at the moment :hook , something for me for our autumn weather is almost to good to refuse :yes. I love this cardi :manyheart. Could someone please tell me what type of yarn this is please? :thinkAs in acrylic , cotton etc . Thanks , I have some nice 8ply cotton (I'm an Aussie :kangaroo)in a mid brown that would look great , and as someone else mentioned previously , brown would go nice with spring colours , So if I started now ,I could wear it through Autumn :autumn,Winter :wbrrand Spring :garden, yeah , sounds great to me .:cheerThanks alot and cant wait to see the piccies of everyones cardies , cya

I am so excited! ( can you tell??? lol) finished both fronts and sc the seams! going to start on the sleeves next, although I cant see on the instructions weather I should do the edging to the sleeves before I seam them.....and sew them in....!!! :) :)

I have been watching this thread and wondering what yarns everyone went with. I really like this pattern but have no idea what yarn to use or how much I would need. My brain just isn't functioning today. If I have enought in my stash I just might join in. i love this pattern.

I am using Bernat Softee Baby in white. The yardage is pretty high on it so I'm thinking it should only take about 2-1/2 balls for my cardi.

I haven't had a chance to work on mine in the past couple days, we had my daughter's 4th birthday party yesterday and I had been trying to get everything for that. My father is also in town until Tuesday so I will probably not work on it anymore until he leaves.

Ok then , I just looked up a couple of the yarns mentioned that people are using and it seems like acrylic is the go . It is hard being in another country and using patterns with yarns I have never heard of or have access to , other than ordering online and then adding postage costs . So I might start mine this week . As soon as I have finished these slippers .

I will be here soon, too... (I can't wait!!!:yay)

this CAL is actually the motivation for me to get my overdue WIPs done:cheer.

I can't make anything for me until those are done :no.

SO... I have blocked out the next 2 days to get it all done (DH is travelling again, so I get more time :devil).

My goal is to start on Wednesday... at the latest!

See you all then! :hug

Archived