Boy are we ever spoiled ;)

I just spent several minutes watching videos for crochet at You Tube. i do that quite often actually.

whenever some question comes up about how to do something we just say.. Well look at Crochet Cabana or go to Nexstitch or back to YouTube for some Teresa Instructions.

We want to make something new and interesting and we can head off to see what Rachel has found for us or we visit C&C or LBY.

We literally have the entire world of crochet at our fingertips. I sure ain't complaining; I am feeling truly, truly blessed and grateful today.

:manyheart

:c9

:ghug

Ain't we a lucky bunch of crochet brats :wlol

Yes, I truly think we're truly blessed that everything is just a click of the mouse away!! (I don't think my dh would use the word "blessed" though!!) :lol :lol :lol

It's so true! Before the internet my crochet skills were very, very basic. Since the internet I've been able to learn so many new things...plus I've learned to knit and tat. The tatting thing was really big...I spent weeks trying to find someone who could teach me, but no one seems to do it any more. And there is no way I would have ever figured it out on my own if I hadn't found video instructions on the net.

I just have to say, my brother dragged me kicking and moaning into computers 10 years ago...."What IS this???" Well.........OK I admit i'm 60 now, and I can't imagine not having everything at my fingertips! There is still so much I can't do, but I am still learning....Yes, I am spoiled, but I am SO worth it! :D

I agree. I have some friends who don't get on the computer or don't have one period and I just can't imagine life without this now. There is so much out there. Of course it also has added to my spending and stash piles, but I love it.

Marcia

We certainly ARE blessed today.

I remember when we only had books and pamphlets, and there weren't that many. And they didn't include tutorials.

I was stunned when one of my sisters told me there were patterns on the Net. Huh? Free patterns too. I honestly thought she was kidding me. When I first took a look, it was almost overwhelming.

At first I thought I would collect a few basic patterns, but now I have more than a few categories of patterns. Wow, how things have changed!

You've got that right I search free patterns online all the time I even have so many bookmarked plus I have alot of patterns from lionbrand booked marked on their site.

way back when....

....a lot of us used a book and taught ourselves to crochet....

....or moved away from the ones who taught us....

....and knew no other crocheters near us....

...and no internet....

....if it weren't for books and magazines.....

....we wouldn't have known that anyone else crocheted at all....

...or very few....

....each crocheter an island of his- or- herself.

But with the internet, not only is there this awesome library of patterns at my fingertips, but the skills, and wisdom, and fellowship, of thousands, if not millions, of crocheters, from around the world, are right here in front of me.

and I'm off the island, and live in a community of crocheters.

Awesome.

I am blessed. Indeed.

Not to mention such talented craftsmen such as Jimbo to be able to purchase one of his hooks. I would have never known about such talented men and women who make such beautiful instruments for us to use, hooks, stitch markers, nostpindles

I have thought the same thing before except with just anything. I mean where was the internet when I was in school having to read through encyclopdeias to get our information and even then couldn't find a lot of it. Now all you have to do is google a topic and there it is.

If it weren't for the internet and Teresa on you tube, I never would have re-learned how to crochet. Printed instructions are ok, but there is nothing better than visually being able to learn something! We are very lucky to have so many wonderful talented people sharing their knowledge with us!:clapThank you all!

As a matter of fact, the internet is where I learned to crochet (and knit). I sat in front of the computer with a ball of yarn and a hook and I was off and running.

Archived