Waste Not, Want Not- Shampoo Bottle Holder

CroJulee

Wastenot.jpg

Waste Not Want Not Soap Bottle Holder

Fits 32 ozBottle, 11 inches in Diameter

8 inches Tall from bottom of bottle to bottom of bottle cap.

Will fit other bottle sizes though.

This Shampoo Bottle Holder is Designed to hang upside down so you don’t have to wait for the shampoo to run down to the bottom of the bottle and you don’t have to waste much shampoo at all when you reach the end of the shampoo.

Level of difficulty: Beginner

Materials:

1.5 ounces worsted weight cotton yarn (or yarn of choice)

1-1/4" button in color to match yarn choice

Size "G" Crochet hook

Smaller Tapestry needle for sewing button on and weaving in ends.

Stitches Used:

Sl St, Ch, Sc, Dc.

Gauge: 4 Sc= 1" 4 Sc Rows= 1"

Pattern Notes:

Rounds are not joined unless told other wise in pattern.

Sewing on the button: Instead of thread I use 2 of the 4 plys from my cotton yarn.

Directions:

Ch 30, Join with Sl St in first ch to form loop,

Rnd 1: Make 33 Sc in loop. Do not join. (33 Sc)

Mark 1st stitch of each round with a stitch marker (Just keep moving the stitch marker up to the first stitch of each round).

Rnd 2-4: Sc in each Sc around. (33 Sc)

Rnd 5: *Sc in next 10 Sc, 2 Sc in next Sc*. Repeat from * to * around. (36 Sc)

Rnd 6: Sc in each Sc around. (36 Sc)

Rnd 7: *Sc in next 8 Sc, 2 Sc in next Sc*. Repeat from * to * around, Sl St in first Sc. (40 Sc)

Rnd 8: Ch4 (counts as first Dc and Ch1), Skip next Sc, Dc in next Sc,*Skip next Sc, Ch1, Dc in next Sc*.Repeat from * to * around, Ch1,Skip next st, Sl St in 3rd chain of beginning ch4. (20 Ch1 spaces, 20 Dc)

Rnd 9 -13: Ch4, Skip next Ch1 sp, Dc in next Dc, *Skip next Ch1 Sp, Ch1, Dc in next Dc*. Repeat from * to * around, Ch1, Skip next st, Sl St in 3rd chain of beginning Ch4. (20 Ch1 Spaces, 20 Dc)

Rnd 14: Ch1, Sc in same St as Sl St and in next Ch1 Sp,*Sc in next Dc,Sc in next Ch1 Sp*. Repeat from * to * around. (40 Sc)

Rnd 15 -17: Sc in each Sc around. Do not join. Mark 1st of round and continue with instructions. At end of Rnd 17 Sl St in first Sc. (40 Sc) Do Not Fasten Off. Continue with instructions below.

Hanger:

Ch 45 (Chain more if you want a longer hanger),

Sl St in 5th Ch from hk and in each Ch across. Sl St in same St as Sl St as base of Ch. Fasten off and weave in all ends.

Button Placement:

Fold Piece in half and mark space directly across from hanger. Sew Button in place securely where you marked. Instead of thread I split my 4 ply cotton yarn in 2 and use 2 of the ply for sewing the button on.

Thank you for sharing!! Great idea!!:lol need to make one for ketchup bottle in fridge!!

that's a good idea :lol who would have thought of that kind of idea lol

You're welcome everybody!! I really do love the idea of mustard and ketchup holders. That truly was brilliant Crazybunny and the PopeVI. I'll have to make some up for my ketchup and mustard bottles so someday when I get my own place I'll be prepared.

Julee

This is a great idea! We usually try to wedge the shampoo bottles up against the side of the tub when they get low, but they always fall over.

Archived