Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My house has been such chaos that I decided (for now atleast) to work on only 1 project at a time. So the Layering cardigan is THE piece atm. So far I have the back, 1 sleeve and 1 front panel done. Most of the second panel is done as well. Have to go out for supplies for the class I enrolled in which starts today :eek. In my defense, I did order them, but am not receiving them in time due to a tech error (I guess) so I cancelled the order. Time to hit Michael's and hope they don't fail me. :P

Ok let's see if I can make a realistic list for the first quarter. :lol

1 Baby blanket for DH's co-worker. done!

2. Finish Pinwheel quilt for DD

3. Finish off my Tunnisian blocks for a lapghan.

4. Border and join the last squares from the Charity blitz for a lapghan for the nursing home.

I think I can do most all that by the end of the quarter. I've already got one of the things done and am halfway done with putting my tunnisian squares together. :D

Finished one of two scarves!

Have a funny shoulder blade cramp/injury, so probably going to try to rest before I'm going on a crafting retreat next weekend (where I expected to get lots done). May even go to the doctor this week for it. Think it's aggravated by crocheting/knitting and reaching for the phone at work. :(

deb

I finished up my bath poof for my washcloth/bath poof set so it's all done. I'm still on target with my squares but I feel like maybe my goal is too low. I have to make 80 squares total so 20/month isn't enough. I get bored making the same square over and over so I think I'm going to start doing some of the other squares for the afghan. I really wanted to finish the scarf for my friend this weekend but I haven't had much free time and it's kind of a pain. She picked out some yarn that's very difficult to work with and because it's so thin (sport weight) it takes a long time to work up in to anything at all. This is the last time I'll let someone else pick their own yarn.

haven't gotten to the "real" list yet :sigh but did get a purse almost done...was supposed to be a book sock for dd's friend, but once i got the crocheting done, and folded it over to make the sock...it started talking to me :yes It said "I wanna be a purse!!" So...can't argue, so i crocheted the sides together, and started the strap for it before going to bed. I think its a better purse anyway.

I also started the "other" book sock, just have to weave in the ends, and crochet the sides together. I'll post pics later today of both once they're done.

Crissie, what's a book sock? Do books get cold? :)

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Its a "wrap" or "sweater" you put around a book to protect it from dog-earring, getting tattered, or whatever when you put it in your book bag or purse.

My daughter borrows alot of books from a good friend in school, and most of them are hardcovered books that are costly. So I made DD a book sock/cozie to put her books in while she carries them in her purse to prevent damaging the book.

Being the typical teen that she is...she didn't like it. But said her friend would like it. So I kept the one I made for her, and made the pink & gray one for the friend.

If you make a visit to my blog, you'll see what it looks like....

Its a "wrap" or "sweater" you put around a book to protect it from dog-earring, getting tattered, or whatever when you put it in your book bag or purse.

Ah, that's brilliant! I do love the pink and grey one. :) Even better, though, you've given me an idea of what I can make for my dad. He commutes to the city every day by bus and is always reading a book. Is there a standard book size I should shoot for? (and I promise I won't start this until I finish my other WIPs)

1 Baby blanket for DH's co-worker. done!

2. Finish Pinwheel quilt for DD

3. Finish off my Tunnisian blocks for a lapghan.

4. Border and join the last squares from the Charity blitz for a lapghan for the nursing home.

5. Finish Gingerbread people doily

6. Work on my Geo Shades quilt daily.

I had to add 2 more projects. One I need to finish and the other I started last weekend and have been spending time each day on it so thought I better add it to the quarter.:lol

...He commutes to the city every day by bus and is always reading a book. Is there a standard book size I should shoot for? (and I promise I won't start this until I finish my other WIPs)

No not really...if you checked out my blog, you will see the pattern is there, and it shows you how to measure so you have an idea. Next time your at your dad's - check out his book collection, looking to see if most of what he reads are similar in size. Thats what I did for the gray & pink one...plus its ww, and pretty stretchy, so if she chose to use a larger book, it'll probalby fit, and the flap is long enough to accomodate also.

Good luck...you'll have to pm me when you get one done, so i'll know to look for the pic!!

I got dd's legwarmers done today..they worked up pretty quick. She doesn't care for them though...so they may get frogged. Maybe they'll grow on her if she holds on to them for a couple days. She's funny that way. Teens.

Since I got 2 things done off my list...I started a new project..an ami girl doll...got a foot done so far...this will be a good, take a break project.

Next time your at your dad's - check out his book collection, looking to see if most of what he reads are similar in size.

Unfortunately he's several thousand miles away in another country. I think I'll just pick out an average sized book from my own collection and hope that works for him. Thanks for the ideas and the pattern.

I think leg warmers still have a bad rep leftover from the 80's but I've been tempted to make some for myself. :)

I've been updating my original post but here's my current status:

1. Crochet scarf for my friend (1-2 evenings) - 70% complete

2. 20 6" afghan squares (20 evenings) - 8/20 complete

3. Finish ami bear (4-5 evenings) - 20% complete

4. wash cloth (1 evening) - done

5. bath poof (1 evening) - done

6. Finish cellphone case (1 evening) - done

7. Finish slippers (1 evening)

The slippers just need buttons (which I have now) and straps to hold them on. I've put squares on the back burner for now while I try to finish up my friend's scarf before it gets too warm for her to wear it. I'm making it in three pieces. The side pieces are three rows of double crochet in alternating stripes and the middle is crocheted flowers. I have to finish the last row on the 2nd side pieces and then weave in the ends on the flowers and attach them between the two. I'm hoping to finish up Friday night so I can ship it out on Saturday.

she WANTED them cuz she got a new pair of boots for Christmas...but now that I finally got them made, she's not so sure she likes them afterall.

I'd like to have a pair that goes all the way up to my hips!! :rofl I'd look pretty funny though :rofl:rofl:rofl

Can you just picture it in your mind...that funky Strata yarn I've been makin stuff with lately, into legwarmers :lol:laughroll:lol

I'd like to have a pair that goes all the way up to my hips!! :rofl I'd look pretty funny though :rofl:rofl:rofl

Can you just picture it in your mind...that funky Strata yarn I've been makin stuff with lately, into legwarmers :lol:laughroll:lol

Lol, sounds like something you'd see in an SNL spoof.

Archived