Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan FINISHED January 19th

2) Finish my pink Seraphina (partly done)

3) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

4) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

5) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…)

6) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

7) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort

8) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

9) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

10) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (should be enough for several baby blankets…)

11) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (1 of 63 squares done)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is everyone doing here? I am working on finishing my Seraphina - I'm getting a bit done each day. I started doing something with the yo-yo's and I don't like it... I think I will give them all away to someone else who will make something out of them. If I keep them they will stay in a bag forever... I can cross two things off my list if I give them away :D

Haven't posted in awhile. I am terrible about sticking to lists. I did finish the layering cardi, started another sweater, then got engrossed in a filet tablecloth. Gah, talk about time consuming! But will be worth it I'm sure. Honestly, I prefer larger projects. Not really loving fashion, think I need to go back to my first love- afghans. But I am liking thread crochet...

An updated list. :D

WIPs

1. Blue Star Afghan
  2. Vintage Verticle Stripe for Dusty
  3. socks
  4. red/black garter stitch scarf
  5. yellow garter stitch scarf

WIMs

1. Spiderman RR
  2. Victorian Christmas afghan
  3. Aran afghan
  4. Afghan for SIL
  5. baby blanket for other SIL
  6. Primary Colored afghan for chairty
  7. Halloween afghan for charity
  8. Varigated Scrap Afghan
  9. Cotton Scrap afghan

My list is also on my blog.

Hello I am going to jump in on this CAL I am an avid list maker and I want to keep up with the projects I am working on.

List:

1. Blue/Brown varigated Matinee sweater (just started this week)

2. Round Ripple for our queen size bed (3/4 finished)

3. Lacy Sheels Ponch (1/2 finished)

4. Make a pair of socks

5. Black Hooded Scarf with wool ease

6. Beanie for son #5 ( 1/3 finished)

7. Short crop with Tweedle Dea

8. Spring sweater out of cotton

9. Bangle purse

That will get me started I'm sure I will carry several of these items on to the next quarter. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Arla

The two throws have been finished and mailed....

I am working on the pink blanket. As my husband reminded me "no good deed goes unpunished!"

I used all the yarn my friend gave me but it was not enough because I used 2 strands together. I had to go purchase more yarn (this is an extra long blanket because my friend is tall). I bought the wrong yarn and had to take it back, and get the right yarn. I will probably need more ....

So, this little favor is gonna cost me !!!!!

Penny, those :angel 's are TOO cute!

I haven't been able to spend the time this week that I had wanted, so I am pushed back a few days on my sister's afghan :(:blush

I wish I could find a "Housework Fairy" :rofl ... darn chores are cutting in on my :crocheting time... and my DK's & DH keep adding to my "mommy-do" list! :heehee

have a fun day, everyone! :ghug

I'm definitely not meeting my goals for this month. I've had almost two weeks straight of not being able to crochet. I've got two more days to work on my goals but I have to wait until Saturday to go back to Joann's for more yarn to finish the scarf so I'm guessing it won't get done in time.

2) Finish my pink Seraphina (getting closer to done)

3) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

4) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

5) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) I am going to give these away - I'll never do anything with them

6) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

7) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort I am going to give these away too - I'll never do anything with them either

8) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

9) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

10) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (should be enough for several baby blankets…)

11) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (2 of 63 squares done)

My Seraphina is coming along nicely. I should be able to get it done in the next week or so. I have also done one more square on the Learn to Knit afghan. I decided to give away the yo-yos. I know deep down I'll never use them so I best send them along to a better home. Once they have been mailed away I will cross them off the list.

Keep up the good work everyone!

you go, Karen!!! :cheer:yay

hey, btw... where in Maine are you? I am from Skowhegan. I kinda miss it there...

now I am in Massychussets

Thanks :manyheart I am in Orono. I have lived here for a couple years now - I'm originally from Manitoba.

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) I am going to give these away - I'll never do anything with them - they are going in the mail Monday

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort I am going to give these away too - I'll never do anything with them either - they are going in the mail Monday

5) Finish my pink Seraphina (almost done - only two or three rows left to do!)

6) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (design is all laid out and today I will start sewing the pieces together)

7) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (2 of 63 squares done)

8) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

9) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

10) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

11) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

I rearranged my list in order that things are being done. I will package up the yo-yos this weekend and pop them in the mail on Monday so then I can cross them off the list. I am almost done the Seraphina - only two or three rows left to do - I may finish it up tonight :yay And today is a ladies craft day at church so I am taking my saltines and will get started on sewing them together. I need to buy a skein of white so I can make the 20 saltines I am missing done - plus to do a border.

WOWZERS I am on a WIP busting roll :lol Hope it lasts :yes

i am struggling to get things done that i've already started...

i have new ideas that keep getting in the way...but i'm trying not to start them until after i get some of those darnded wip's done. :blush

my new yarn is chanting at me....and i don't have a strong will-power. Am thinking of putting them wip's in the attic :devil ...outta site outta mind...they were just for the fun of it anyway, so that won't hurt will it?? please say no, please say no

i am struggling to get things done that i've already started...

i have new ideas that keep getting in the way...but i'm trying not to start them until after i get some of those darnded wip's done. :blush

my new yarn is chanting at me....and i don't have a strong will-power. Am thinking of putting them wip's in the attic :devil ...outta site outta mind...they were just for the fun of it anyway, so that won't hurt will it?? please say no, please say no

but they won't be outta mind really :devil:crocheting...just finish 'em up quickly and you can get to the new yarn with a clean conscious. :cheer:clap:hug:c9:yay

I think I'll go with monthly goals as well. Even 3 months is too overwhelming. Here's what I'd like to get done in January:

1. Crochet scarf for my friend (1-2 evenings) - 70% complete

2. 20 6" afghan squares (20 evenings) - 20/20 complete

3. Finish ami bear (4-5 evenings) - 20% complete

4. wash cloth (1 evening) - done

5. bath poof (1 evening) - done

6. Finish cellphone case (1 evening) - done

7. Finish slippers (1 evening)- done

Here's my final tally for January. I didn't finish the scarf because I ran out of yarn and need to wait a week before I can make another long trip to Joann's (since it was their brand of yarn). I didn't get to work on the bear at all but now that I've got all my squares done tomorrow will be an all bear day. I also added a loop an button to my iphone case because the snap was just not working. I'm glad I finally finished putting the strap and buttons on my mary jane slippers (pics to come) so I can wear them without worrying about them slipping off.

see...wiste, you got quite a bit done for the month....

maybe thats what i should do...set monthly goals instead of 3-month goals. Hah...maybe with my short brained thinking (or impatience) i should really set weekly goals!! :rofl

reading these posts I might join this group though I might need someone to explain when I post my list of things to crochet to the site how do I cross them off and put the finish dates on now I just need to compose my list

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) I am going to give these away - I'll never do anything with them - they are going in the mail Monday

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort I am going to give these away too - I'll never do anything with them either - they are going in the mail Monday

5) Finish my pink Seraphina (almost done - only two or three rows left to do!)

6) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (design is all laid out and today I will start sewing the pieces together)

7) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (2 of 63 squares done)

8) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

9) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

10) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

11) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

I rearranged my list in order that things are being done. I will package up the yo-yos this weekend and pop them in the mail on Monday so then I can cross them off the list. I am almost done the Seraphina - only two or three rows left to do - I may finish it up tonight :yay And today is a ladies craft day at church so I am taking my saltines and will get started on sewing them together. I need to buy a skein of white so I can make the 20 saltines I am missing done - plus to do a border.

WOWZERS I am on a WIP busting roll :lol Hope it lasts :yes

:cheergo girl go!!! :cheer

Update on my list.

1 Baby blanket for DH's co-worker. done!

2. Finish Pinwheel quilt for DD

3. Finish off my Tunnisian blocks for a lapghan. working on it. It's getting closer. :hook

4. Border and join the last squares from the Charity blitz for a lapghan for the nursing home. Hoping to finish this this weekend.

5. Finish Diagonal Hues. (that I just started :blush)

reading these posts I might join this group though I might need someone to explain when I post my list of things to crochet to the site how do I cross them off and put the finish dates on now I just need to compose my list

If you go to the advanced posting form there's an icon of a pencil on the very end of the row at the top. If you highlight what you want to strike and click that you'll add the tags to strike the text.

And yeah, I really liked the monthly goals. It was a short enough time period that I could plan out how much time I could take with each project and still have plenty of padding. If I hadn't had to take a break from crocheting I think I would've met all my goals easily. I cranked out eight squares in two days and wrapped up a bunch of minor projects to try to at least get close to my goals. The best thing about a monthly list is now I get to reward myself by adding more projects for this month!

I'm desperately wanting to get back to full-time amigurumi production and the only thing standing in my way now is the pesky scarf (the afghan doesn't count because I planned it to take ~3 months to do the whole thing). I've gotten my afghan square time down to ~30 minutes when I started out at an hour. The stack of 20 squares on the corner of my desk makes me feel very pleased with myself. :hook

If you go to the advanced posting form there's an icon of a pencil on the very end of the row at the top. If you highlight what you want to strike and click that you'll add the tags to strike the text.

And yeah, I really liked the monthly goals. It was a short enough time period that I could plan out how much time I could take with each project and still have plenty of padding. If I hadn't had to take a break from crocheting I think I would've met all my goals easily. I cranked out eight squares in two days and wrapped up a bunch of minor projects to try to at least get close to my goals. The best thing about a monthly list is now I get to reward myself by adding more projects for this month!

I'm desperately wanting to get back to full-time amigurumi production and the only thing standing in my way now is the pesky scarf (the afghan doesn't count because I planned it to take ~3 months to do the whole thing). I've gotten my afghan square time down to ~30 minutes when I started out at an hour. The stack of 20 squares on the corner of my desk makes me feel very pleased with myself. :hook

I simply copy and paste my list from the last time I posted and then cross off things I've completed (highlight and click the little pencil across the top of the box where you are typing). When I record how much I've done or add an update to the end - I simply add to what I had written before - then I highlight that and click on the A with the little blak line under it to change the color I have it written in.

Hope this helps :yes It took me forever to figure out the crossing out bit - I should have just asked!

Archived