Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crissie-I like the cable!

I finished 2 more items from my list!:clap

The dog sweaters for auction.

Arwen wearing the purple.

purplesweater.jpg

Lady Abby Pippa modeling Creamcicle.

Creamcicle1.jpg

Oh my goodness that is so cute the dogs look so gorgeous in their pretty sweaters

Here's what i got done so far on this...

th_diamondcable.jpg

its really neat how the pattern works up. This will definitely not be a boring project.

I really like that!:yes

what book did you say you got?:devil ...not like I need any more to play with, you understand.... Yeah, it's for my ...ummm... FRIEND! Yeah, that's it! :rofl

I managed to finish sewing all the squares together for another baby nine block blanket. Another thing to cross off my list :yay

th_HPIM2592.jpg

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan FINISHED January 19th

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

5) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects FINISHED February 8th - see photo above :D

6) Finish my pink Seraphina (almost done - only two or three rows left to do!)

7) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (2 of 63 squares done)

8) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

9) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

10) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

11) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

12) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook) (20 rows complete)

Suzy, love the dog sweaters, especially the purple. I'll be making one of these for our pitbull some day (even though she hardly goes outside).

Crissy, I want to know where you found that pattern too. Crochet cables are on my list of things to learn this year.

I'm getting really side tracked. I've started on a small tote that wasn't on my list yet and several other small projects. I'm just not feeling motivated to work on my ami bear. I'm cranking on the afghan squares, though. I'm already almost halfway through my goal for the month.

its a booklet i picked up at walmart...has 19 patterns in it. its called "Beginners Guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects" It has a green cover with crochet patterns on the front and back and its put out by Leisure Arts. The one I started was the diamond pattern. Its very easy...you crochet so many rows of sc, then you tc down in one of the previous rows at an angle.

I also want to try the cables afghan pattern on this project too that is on the coats & clark website as a free pattern.

This navajo blanket is a stitch sampler type afghan. All the patterns i want to learn in really cool colors!!

its a booklet i picked up at walmart...has 19 patterns in it. its called "Beginners Guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects" It has a green cover with crochet patterns on the front and back and its put out by Leisure Arts. The one I started was the diamond pattern. Its very easy...you crochet so many rows of sc, then you tc down in one of the previous rows at an angle.

Thanks! I'll have to look around and see if I can find it. :hook

I also want to try the cables afghan pattern on this project too that is on the coats & clark website as a free pattern.

This navajo blanket is a stitch sampler type afghan. All the patterns i want to learn in really cool colors!!

Cool! I think my mom has that book. I will have to ask her about it. I am especially intrigued by cables this year myself... hmmm :scrachin Do I smell a new :crochetingCAL in the coming weeks?! :dance:heehee:devil

Suzy, I just love the coats on your Greys - the coats and the kids are both adorable :manyheart:manyheart Nice work.

I need to correct my Feb list - oops :lol

Here's my REAL list of to-do's for February:

1. matching booties for both babies

2. finish scarf for dad

3. prayer shawl for marge now that I know her color (pretty sure this won't be done til March)

4. finish amigurumi piglet

5. homespun throw for ME :clap

6. baby washcloths

7. grannyghan baby afghan __________________

i am not dealing well with this working thing, and wanting to get my crocheting done. geez i wish i could get paid to crochet....

smack me, because i haven't worked since summer, and now that i finally FINALLY got a full time job, is that me complaining???? but i'm not getting anything done. I have no time to get things done.

don't worry, Crissie...

things will settle down. It is really hard though, missing your hook and all. When I was working full time, I brought a skein and hook for my lunch break. It wasn't really ENOUGH, but it helped my withdrawal a little.

Hope you have a lot of good luck with your job... what do you do?

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

5) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects FINISHED February 8th - see photo above :D

6) Finish my pink Seraphina (almost done - only two or three rows left to do!)

7) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (3 of 63 squares done)

8) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

9) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

10) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

11) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

12) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook) (45 rows complete)

I did up several more rows on the comfort-ghan. I think it will be done when it is about 70 rows long so I am over half done now. I am also about half done the fourth square on the learn to knit project. This one is being done one square a week so it will take me some time to finish.

mornin', all!

I am almost done with 1 afghan, so that will leave me 1 afghan, and something "kitsch" for my mom with 6weeks to go... :cheer

This is fun, and I like to actually keep track of what I do... I have never done that before!:manyheart

don't worry, Crissie...

things will settle down. It is really hard though, missing your hook and all. When I was working full time, I brought a skein and hook for my lunch break. It wasn't really ENOUGH, but it helped my withdrawal a little.

Hope you have a lot of good luck with your job... what do you do?

I would love to bring my crochet to work...but i am the restaurant manager here in the campground. So...no time for crochet at work. between last week back & forth with my mom to the hospital, and then this week in addition to increased hours, my son was here to soak up all my evening time (not complaining at all for that...i've missed him horribly) its starting to bug me that i have all this stuff to do and can't find the time!!! Next week should be better.

I would love to bring my crochet to work...but i am the restaurant manager here in the campground. So...no time for crochet at work. between last week back & forth with my mom to the hospital, and then this week in addition to increased hours, my son was here to soak up all my evening time (not complaining at all for that...i've missed him horribly) its starting to bug me that i have all this stuff to do and can't find the time!!! Next week should be better.

wow, that's a busy job! I am praying for you for finding the time next week... after all, it IS therapy!:hug

I am done with the comfort-ghan I was making. Here is the picture of the blanket and a close up of the stitching and color:

th_HPIM2609.jpg

th_HPIM2613.jpg

5) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects FINISHED February 8th

6) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook) FINISHED February 14th - see photo above :D

7) Finish my pink Seraphina (almost done - only two or three rows left to do!)

8) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (4 of 63 squares done)

9) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

10) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

11) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

12) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

I'm going to join this...I'm adding it to my sig line, as well. Was just telling hubby last night that NO more Bday were allowed at the beginning of the year.

1. finish bath set for my daughter Bday Jan 18th (and get it shipped) DONE!

2. finish camo scarf for DH Jan22 Done!

3. Make another juggling set for grandson Jan 31DONE!

4. Make Whatsit for youngest grandson 1st Bday Feb 13th Done!

5. Make requested baby blanket. Started--8 blocks done so far.

6. Slippers for Son in law - Bday is Feb 12 1 slipper done, just need to do the top on the other. Ran outta yarn have to wait until right after his Bday to get it. (have already informed that present will be late)

7. Adding to the list...4 dishclothes and 4 set of coasters that need to get done and delivered. 4 dishcloths completed and 3 sets of coasters completed

Only one more set of coasters to go. Then I get started on my Kitchen Swap items.

Welcome Michelle!

And good work everyone in getting some of the WIPs under control.

This CAL has been working wonders for me in getting things done so far this quarter :clap I really am on a roll! I just finished up my Seraphina shawl. I should have finished it sooner - I only had two rows left to complete it! Here is a picture:

th_HPIM2630.jpg

and my updated list:

2)

Archived